Food and Drink #30

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hello ninnies, wishing you all well. I have been struggling to keep up with the MT and have neglected most of my other threads. It's also too hot at the moment, so I haven't been going to my running club and feel like a potato.

I am catsitting a friend's cat today, he jumped on the bed and came over to where my Marge used to sleep next to my pillow and that made me really sad because I miss her so much. I should probably try and sleep too but I'm both tired and not tired (and now rambling).

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Hello ninnies, wishing you all well. I have been struggling to keep up with the MT and have neglected most of my other threads. It's also too hot at the moment, so I haven't been going to my running club and feel like a potato.

I am catsitting a friend's cat today, he jumped on the bed and came over to where my Marge used to sleep next to my pillow and that made me really sad because I miss her so much. I should probably try and sleep too but I'm both tired and not tired (and now rambling).
Oh gosh, I can totally understand how that would make you feel sad, I‘m so sorry. You’re doing such a sweet thing to catsit for your friend. I wish I could say something more, but ugh it’s just so sad and I really feel for you. I hope you can sleep soon, when you’re going through grief it’s so important to take care of yourself x

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Sorry to interrupt starting post with waffle post.

All your lovely comments for @ishant were so sweet.

We have bought a very small (1.8l) multi cooker thing. It doesn’t airfry but we had to compromise something. Food has gone the way of the panda in the video above. Mrs T has a new role and won’t be home until 7 most nights so we have to alter how we eat. Her being out 12/13 hours is going to be hard so I need to get my act together and learn to cook again. Bread, yoghurt (I used to do all this with my mum/granny), stews, pasta bakes.
I have a pressure cooker (well an instant pot which I guess is a multi cooker? but I don't think I've used any of the other settings!!) and it is a life saver, especially when I feel myself falling into a food rut. I made a delicious chicken, spinach and lentil curry the other day and plan to make pulled chicken chilli this weekend. Apparently you can make cheesecake in them but that seems difficult...

Oh gosh, I can totally understand how that would make you feel sad, I‘m so sorry. You’re doing such a sweet thing to catsit for your friend. I wish I could say something more, but ugh it’s just so sad and I really feel for you. I hope you can sleep soon, when you’re going through grief it’s so important to take care of yourself x
Luckily he's a nice cat, but it felt like going against Marge's memory to let him sleep in her spot. I need to be up early so playing on the internet is a silly idea 😴

• Heart
Beautiful song, and an early Facturday. Apparently Stevie Wonder wrote this song when he was 15!

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
Hope you right side up people are not too warm. We had a thunderstorm earlier, Pooh slunk out of his window basket and into the wardrobe. For such a big cat he really is a bit of a fanny.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Hello beautiful people!
I must apologise for being so behind!
I’ve been absolutely knackered (I’m tired!) these past few days and the MT (particularly Wanggate) have been too much on their own 😅

To everyone who’s struggling with health in one way or another I really hope you’re okay 💜

@bowiethesdmn I can relate on the Ragdoll front! Cece is literally the thickest animal I’ve ever known 🤍😂 plus having her grow up with my dog has worked really well and they love each other and keep themselves entertained playing whenever there’s an energy burst 👌🏼

Just coming on to say that I’m making Mom’s clementine cake later for MY MOM who’s gluten free and was wondering if you think I should follow the og recipe or do the Jack Hack marmalade trick? I’ll get some pictures (mostly want to motivate myself to actually do it

I have found tortellini disappointing of late. Not sure if cheaper ingredients? Also, those water filled pockets of boak that had a hole in ruin it for me. As a professional lazy arse I do melted butter (other fats available) bit of garlic and cherry tomatoes with basil from the windowsill.
I know exactly what you mean, when they’re bad they’re bad!
When I was in NZ they had this budget brand (not specific to any supermarket I don’t think and I’m pretty sure it was Aussie so maybe someone down under can help me out? Maybe the name had something to do with gold? Black and gold perhaps?) ANYWAY we got some tortellini once and it was honestly amazing how the middle could remain so dusty 😭 me and my ex have joking referred to them since as ‘belly button fluff stuffed pasta’ and we’ve never got over it. I’ll never forget you, Belly Botton Fluff Stuffed Pasta 🙂

Anyway sorry for the long post! I’ll provide fact and cake later and I hope you all have a cracking day/night 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Hello beautiful people!
I must apologise for being so behind!
I’ve been absolutely knackered (I’m tired!) these past few days and the MT (particularly Wanggate) have been too much on their own 😅

To everyone who’s struggling with health in one way or another I really hope you’re okay 💜

@bowiethesdmn I can relate on the Ragdoll front! Cece is literally the thickest animal I’ve ever known 🤍😂 plus having her grow up with my dog has worked really well and they love each other and keep themselves entertained playing whenever there’s an energy burst 👌🏼

Just coming on to say that I’m making Mom’s clementine cake later for MY MOM who’s gluten free and was wondering if you think I should follow the og recipe or do the Jack Hack marmalade trick? I’ll get some pictures (mostly want to motivate myself to actually do it

I know exactly what you mean, when they’re bad they’re bad!
When I was in NZ they had this budget brand (not specific to any supermarket I don’t think and I’m pretty sure it was Aussie so maybe someone down under can help me out? Maybe the name had something to do with gold? Black and gold perhaps?) ANYWAY we got some tortellini once and it was honestly amazing how the middle could remain so dusty 😭 me and my ex were joking referred to them as ‘belly button fluff stuffed pasta’.

Anyway sorry for the long post! I’ll provide fact and cake later and I hope you all have a cracking day/night 🥰
Black and Gold is the no-name brand used by IGA supermarkets but I think they just have plain pasta shapes.

• Heart
Black and Gold is the no-name brand used by IGA supermarkets but I think they just have plain pasta shapes.
I must be misremembering then 🧐 we definitely got a lot of their stuff!
Anyway I’m sorry, I’m sure you must be desperate to try this pasta so I’ll 🔺 it if it’s the last thing I do ma’am!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Seagulls - on a work (supporting service users) holiday once we had a little BBQ for tea, a sausage fell off and a seagull swooped down and swallowed it whole. I remember watching it fly away expecting it to drop out of the sky any second, the sausage was red hot and must have been sizzling away in its stomach 😬

CBD - I've been getting into CBD drinks recently, they're one of my go to grown up soft drinks to replace booze. They're not bad!

Lots of love to you all ❤

• Heart
Seagulls - on a work (supporting service users) holiday once we had a little BBQ for tea, a sausage fell off and a seagull swooped down and swallowed it whole. I remember watching it fly away expecting it to drop out of the sky any second, the sausage was red hot and must have been sizzling away in its stomach 😬

CBD - I've been getting into CBD drinks recently, they're one of my go to grown up soft drinks to replace booze. They're not bad!

Lots of love to you all ❤
Oh I heard a seagull #fact that they can smell food up to two miles away (a.though I haven’t googled to check this is true) but I can forgive them (a little bit) because imagine if you could smell all the food all around you all the time? I live in flats and honestly there’s a Chinese family and a Bengali one and they set me off when they’re both cooking, the smells are heavenly! They’re on opposite sides so it alternates depending on the wind/air.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
There's a story around Melbourne about a guy sitting at a beachside (Frankston) train station eating chips while waiting to board the city bound train. He had a heap of seagulls around him, hovering and squawking for his chips.
When the train was about to leave he jumped on, threw his chips inside and ran off leaving a heap of seagulls and commuters stuck in the train carriage together.

• Haha
  • Heart
I feel like this thread is our nice cosy space away from current news so I’ll put the rest of this behind a spoiler.

I’m really distressed by what’s happened to Salman Rushdie. If anyone hasn’t seen the news, he is currently in surgery after being stabbed at a literary event. Really hoping he pulls through. It’s just so shocking. I know horrific things happen to innocent people every day. But this is like an attack on freedom of creativity (I’m not explaining this very well sorry).

He‘s had these threats for so long and managed to survive, I thought he must always be so well protected.

I just watched Bridget Jones last week, and she asks him where the toilets are. Which is hilarious. But now this. He’s been through so much already. He has to pull through. No one should have their life threatened because they wrote a fictional novel.

Sorry this is so rambling, I just can’t get my head around it, and needed to talk about to someone.
Thank you for expressing this, the news also sent me to a very strange place - I have very clear and strong memories of the fatwa, and so much has happened since but it simultaneously feels like yesterday. I was awake for a lot of the night, hoping to see shooting stars* but no luck there. I came across this programme in the middle of the night and it was perfect, exactly what I needed.
*Back in 1979, just after the Shah had left and everything seemed possible, and students were fighting and dying for a freer Iran, an obituary taught me this proverb: "Every night a star falls, and yet the sky is full of stars"

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I'm off to Celery Town to see some comedy, no doubt I'll have pavement rage by lunchtime. I bet I won't see anything as funny as the frauen and herren around these parts though.
The news is all so sad, tragic avoidable things.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I'm off to Celery Town to see some comedy, no doubt I'll have pavement rage by lunchtime. I bet I won't see anything as funny as the frauen and herren around these parts though.
The news is all so sad, tragic avoidable things.
I’ve been watching some of the Celery fringe on NextUp so am very jealous you get to see shows live.

• Heart
Someone was asking for things to cook in an air fryer recently. I can now 10/10 recommend apple fritters and they only take 6 minutes!

• Heart
Screenshot 2022-08-13 at 11.58.49.png

Happy Caturday. Here's mine staring at me like I offended his honour earlier this morning because I dared to open the curtains.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.