Food and Drink #30

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I like to imagine that in a parallel universe, there are a bunch of lovely HausKats taking refuge from their main thread about Jerk Meow , a middle class cat who likes to cosplay as being a rescue, while sharing dangerous advice and terrible frugal tips such as collecting cigarette butts to harvest the ash to make your own nightmare snacks

i think this heat may be getting to me 🤣
I'm screenshotting this, I don't even have words for how funny/awesome it is! Thank you
Bubbly D. ♥

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
Hooting Bubbly D 😂 I probably don't want to know what else Sideboard Cat has to say about me. As a rescue herself, she would definitely be slagging off Jerk Meow.

I saved this important seagull news from my feed a couple of weeks ago and forgot about it. It must have been going out for nightsnacks.

View attachment 1495652
After lockdown the animals truly are taking over :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I like to imagine that in a parallel universe, there are a bunch of lovely HausKats taking refuge from their main thread about Jerk Meow , a middle class cat who likes to cosplay as being a rescue, while sharing dangerous advice and terrible frugal tips such as collecting cigarette butts to harvest the ash to make your own nightmare snacks

“Food and Dreamies” 😹 omg this is amazing! I love the idea of hundreds of tiny paws all hitting the 😡 and 😯 buttons in solitary with their fluffy friend.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25

This is a work of art 😻

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I've just been to the offie for a couple disposable vapes and noticed they had passionfruit and mango flavoured cans of Hooch. Decided to grab one and it's actually lovely. Got a weirdly spicy taste to it, almost like a fruity curry made with coconut milk and I shouldn't like it but I do

I will be pairing this with reduced chorizo crisps from a local manufacturer, a reduced vegan steak bake, and a 50p piri piri Pot Noodle from that little-known small business Unilever. I feel proper classy today!
This reminded me of the rather short lived Banana and Peach flavoured Lilt. I suspect it was short lived because I was only person out of anyone we knew who actually liked it.

Booze wise I'm drinking snakebite, specifically a mixture of Cobra beer and Crofters Cider (which I believe is a Tesco own brand)

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
No booze here, just lemonade. Mr B brought home chocolate muffins and I’m trying to force myself to eat an actual meal rather than the muffin with cream that I actually want now I’ve successfully convinced him cream is ok to eat when pregnant in this country. (Pasteurised of course, not sure Tesco sell any other type!)

• Heart
I have lost all sympathy with seagulls. Where I live the tourists feed chips to them, despite the signs saying don’t. They nest on houses in my street and dive bomb you when the chicks have hatched 😡.
I phoned the council, apparently they are a protected species 🙄, and can’t be killed.
I’m a very pro-animal person and long-standing vegetarian, but have no sympathy for gulls.
(I know technically they are not called gulls, and there are so many of them because of rubbish tips = human problems).
End of rant from the Anti-Seagull representative.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I have lost all sympathy with seagulls. Where I live the tourists feed chips to them, despite the signs saying don’t. They nest on houses in my street and dive bomb you when the chicks have hatched 😡.
I phoned the council, apparently they are a protected species 🙄, and can’t be killed.
I’m a very pro-animal person and long-standing vegetarian, but have no sympathy for gulls.
(I know technically they are not called gulls, and there are so many of them because of rubbish tips = human problems).
This does remind me of the story in the newspapers a couple of years back where a dog was killed by a seagull and in response someone poisoned a load of them and dumped them outside a local police station.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
This reminded me of the rather short lived Banana and Peach flavoured Lilt. I suspect it was short lived because I was only person out of anyone we knew who actually liked it.

Booze wise I'm drinking snakebite, specifically a mixture of Cobra beer and Crofters Cider (which I believe is a Tesco own brand)
I am drinking lilt for the first time in years, had forgotten how good it is in the heat! Went slightly mad a lidl and got almost nothing I intended to, is Spanish week though so got lots of yummy things for dinner, as I Cannot go away may as well imagine I am in spain with this weather :ROFLMAO:
What is everyone else having?

This does remind me of the story in the newspapers a couple of years back where a dog was killed by a seagull and in response someone poisoned a load of them and dumped them outside a local police station.
omg I remember this! wasn't the dog picked up from its garden by the seagul? it was some kind of smal breed

how are seagulls a protected species?! They are basically more aggressive maritime pigeons

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
I've been drinking Tesco's pink lemonade tonight 😋 although in recent times it's gone up from 50p to 70p!! Haven't seen Jack campaigning about that 😒

• Haha
  • Heart
I've been drinking Tesco's pink lemonade tonight 😋 although in recent times it's gone up from 50p to 70p!! Haven't seen Jack campaigning about that 😒
I noticed that those small bags of sweets (cannot remember the brand name) that they always have in corner shops has changed from 3 for £1 to 2 for £1, will this be the start of my bankrupcy? :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Wow
I tried to be fancy at dinner and layered coconut water with burnt pineapple soda on top and duck me it was grim. Literally tasted like the aftermath of a fire in a fuse box.
Then I had an
premixed can of vodka with watermelon and basil
to take the taste away and that was utterly rank too.
I think I'm going to have a nice cup of tea now and never be adventurous again.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
I tried to be fancy at dinner and layered coconut water with burnt pineapple soda on top and duck me it was grim. Literally tasted like the aftermath of a fire in a fuse box.
Then I had an
premixed can of vodka with watermelon and basil
to take the taste away and that was utterly rank too.
I think I'm going to have a nice cup of tea now and never be adventurous again.
good to see I am not the only person who finds coconut water rank, how on earth it became so popular is beyond me

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
I noticed that those small bags of sweets (cannot remember the brand name) that they always have in corner shops has changed from 3 for £1 to 2 for £1, will this be the start of my bankrupcy? :ROFLMAO:
I know the ones you mean! Luckily Tesco's is still doing 3 for £1 but not a great selection...as long as Wilko keeps doing half priced pick n mix during half term we'll get through this 💪

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
I feel so boring drinking water! I need to find something more exciting for next Saturday 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
I know the ones you mean! Luckily Tesco's is still doing 3 for £1 but not a great selection...as long as Wilko keeps doing half priced pick n mix during half term we'll get through this 💪
yeh the tesco near me never has a good enoguh selection, need to go to wilkos haven't been in ages! I miss woolworths!

For any London frauen, Sugar Sin in covent garden is amaing for pick and mix (if very expensive)

I feel so boring drinking water! I need to find something more exciting for next Saturday 😂
I love sparking water with lime juice and mint, so refreshing! you can also add mint but I don't love that

ETA, you can also add cucumber (not mint a second time :ROFLMAO:)

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
greetings one and all! i am 28 hours into this 10 day holiday with the oh and the inlaws and they're all getting on my tits already! (yep, even the sainted mr kcc annoys me sometimes) they've all fucked off to the entertainment now tho (we're on a caravan park) so I'm just gonna drink as much as possible till they get back and all will be well 😏. i just can't be doing with any more people for a bit

anyway, look at the sea last night!

20220813_195523.jpg

some of you may recall the eldest of my dad and stepmum's cats from when we cat sat a few weeks ago. i remember saying how we were told he was really, really ill and, well you know... but, in true cat style, while we were there, he was the boi we knew and loved, sprightly, out all the time and eating loads. sadly, my dad texted this morning to say he passed away yesterday. he was a rescue and no one knew exactly how old he was, but he was at least 13 and had a really good life. we'll miss him, the old lummox

here he is, just 5 or so weeks ago, helping himself to my bacon

20220813_200743.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 38
greetings one and all! i am 28 hours into this 10 day holiday with the oh and the inlaws and they're all getting on my tits already! (yep, even the sainted mr kcc annoys me sometimes) they've all fucked off to the entertainment now tho (we're on a caravan park) so I'm just gonna drink as much as possible till they get back and all will be well 😏. i just can't be doing with any more people for a bit

View attachment 1496114

some of you may recall the eldest of my dad and stepmum's cats from when we cat sat a few weeks ago. i remember saying how we were told he was really, really ill and, well you know... but, in true cat style, while we were there, he was the boi we knew and loved, sprightly, out all the time and eating loads. sadly, my dad texted this morning to say he passed away yesterday. he was a rescue and no one knew exactly how old he was, but he was at least 13 and had a really good life. we'll miss him, the old lummox

View attachment 1496110
I am so sorry about your cat, losing anyone, feline or otherwise is always awful, but at least you all know he enjoyed his life with you (and the bacon)

The sea looks amazing! did you go in? or is it freezing?

• Heart

View attachment 1496110
I'm glad you were able to have those last good times with him 💗 all our feline friends will be waiting for him at the end of the rainbow bridge 🌈

• Heart
Reactions: 23

View attachment 1496114

View attachment 1496110
What a sweet fella. A long and happy life for a rescue is the best gift you can give them ♥ thinking of you, dear heart.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.