Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

jenny2603

VIP Member
Just a wee Me-rail. Feel free to skip.

I've not been sure how to do this but I felt I was kind of ignoring people who were sending good wishes about my sudden trip to the hospital and was a bit torn between being a rude dick and not wanting to bring the mood down. I've been unwell for a couple of months but was in the dark about the cause. I thought it was a bad back- a really crippling bad back but after getting various tests and my liver suddenly going insane last week we've learned that I have breast cancer. The excellent news is it's very highly treatable with hormones and a bit of chemo! I'm getting fitted for a free wig and everything and there is a spa in the hospital! I feel like I've entered a world of secret perks and am in really good spirits so no sympathios for me please. The staff and other patients here are lovely and I never thought I'd spend so much time laughing on a cancer ward of all places but here we all are- some of the women on the ward are so funny it actually hurts laughing. The last couple of months have been a terrible worry with not knowing what was wrong and whilst I admit cancer really wasn't my first choice I'm so glad I have an explanation and a plan for treatment. Hooting at Tattle is really keeping my spirits up and I could kiss Molly for her timing. Unfortunately I am beginning to fear Jack might have triangulated me and infiltrated the hospital kitchens as the food is getting worse so I may need some sturdy Scottish frauen to bust me out at some stage- the Jenny Numbers show has many seasons yet to to run and I'm not having bloody Jack take me out with a spiked slop before my bloody wig arrives. SH1TTER that she is.

• Heart
Reactions: 57

MistyWindows

VIP Member
I have a little spare time so I thought I’d share kitten Cece!
1660465689406.jpeg

this is the day I got her!
I know that the MT is stressful right now, but everyone deserves to have a peaceful Sunday 🤍

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 45

SundaySchoolTeacher

310E7FC0-1549-4C5F-BBD0-64944266CFBA.jpeg

Good morning and a happy Monday to all from Sunday School Cat. She’s being an absolute snuggle bug at the moment which is much needed. Hurrah for cattos in these trying times.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
I've been avoiding it for over a week but I'm finally being roped into a review with a doctor and my care co-ordinator next week. I have accepted I can see myself doing weird shit and I think 'why am I doing this, is this actually real?' yet can't stop myself because it does feel very, very real and I can't take the risk that it isn't. At least I have the known constants that JM is a twat and Susan is beautiful to anchor me to reality.

So I'm not just whining about myself in this nice new thread, here's more Sideboard Cat. I thought I'd lost her this morning but found her on the bedroom windowsill blinding herself like a tit.

blinded sideboard cat.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 40

MancBee

VIP Member
Skimming the MT and saw your post @MancBee, so sorry for your loss ❤
To be honest, it was a release for the poor guy. He was very poorly over the past few years. I know his wife won't feel that way, nor his children. It hurts in a way that can't be described, you learn to live with it, but it never truly goes away...speaking from experience.

I have been to too many funerals of late, it has made me realise that life is for living. Make the most of what you have and enjoy yourself. Life is too short. If you want it, can afford it, get it...whatever it is.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
Happy birthday @Emmapism! Enjoy your free bdaysnacks. Here is Sideboard Catto with her fluffy tempura prawn, just for you on this special occasion. (Thank you for thinking of me dear heart ❤)

sideboard catto with her sushi.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 39

Into_the_tunnel

VIP Member
Sorry to interrupt starting post with waffle post.

All your lovely comments for @ishant were so sweet.

We have bought a very small (1.8l) multi cooker thing. It doesn’t airfry but we had to compromise something. Food has gone the way of the panda in the video above. Mrs T has a new role and won’t be home until 7 most nights so we have to alter how we eat. Her being out 12/13 hours is going to be hard so I need to get my act together and learn to cook again. Bread, yoghurt (I used to do all this with my mum/granny), stews, pasta bakes.

I cannot be scared of food for calories, for the cost, for what will happen if there are leftovers, for using flavours.

Sandwiches and hot bran flakes will not cut it in winter.

How I feel F and D gang cope with life.

• Heart
Reactions: 38

kachoochoo

VIP Member
greetings one and all! i am 28 hours into this 10 day holiday with the oh and the inlaws and they're all getting on my tits already! (yep, even the sainted mr kcc annoys me sometimes) they've all fucked off to the entertainment now tho (we're on a caravan park) so I'm just gonna drink as much as possible till they get back and all will be well 😏. i just can't be doing with any more people for a bit

anyway, look at the sea last night!

20220813_195523.jpg

some of you may recall the eldest of my dad and stepmum's cats from when we cat sat a few weeks ago. i remember saying how we were told he was really, really ill and, well you know... but, in true cat style, while we were there, he was the boi we knew and loved, sprightly, out all the time and eating loads. sadly, my dad texted this morning to say he passed away yesterday. he was a rescue and no one knew exactly how old he was, but he was at least 13 and had a really good life. we'll miss him, the old lummox

here he is, just 5 or so weeks ago, helping himself to my bacon

20220813_200743.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 38

MaineCoonMama

VIP Member
Thread for people to discuss well, food and drink, cats, dogs, life stuff and everything in between.

Occassionally we talk about the JM thread (termed MT) but not for long and soon get back on topic.

Everyone is welcome.

Pandas and things with paws and beaks are particularly welcome.
Thanks Tunnely for starting the new thread. I was going to give it a go but I got distracted by a text message then I fell asleep. I'd like to think I look like this Margay when I wake up. All bug-eyed and stuff.
93285DE9-4C2A-418D-9461-55448FEAD464.jpeg

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 37

Jay-cloth Cow

VIP Member
Happy belated birthday @Emmapism !

Also v sad about Darius - loved him back in the day, and randomly added Colourblind to my happy playlist the other day, it popped into my head for some reason. He always seemed like a really nice man.

Thought you guys would appreciate this - was on a call with a colleague I don't know well yesterday, and JC-pup started going mental with her squeaky ball. Apologised to the colleague who then made me turn my camera on to show her the pup. She then showed me her 22 year old cat!! Turns out she has 6 senior cats, she adopts (in her words) 'mouldy old moggies noone else wants' from a local cats trust so they can live out their final days with love and comfort ❤ I told her she is officially my new best friend.

• Heart
Reactions: 36

binkbonk

IMG_20220812_112928.jpg

Haven't caught up here and not sure I can 🙈 hope everyone's well. Missy has been guarding the stairs for any rogue hairbands flying about.
Finally finished my master's thesis and I'm starting my first job that's actually to do with my degree next Monday, kinda shitting myself. Mostly in the "oh god this is the rest of my life" way, but also because the commute is going to be over an hour each way on public transport 😬 I don't mind the actual commute part too much, it's more the unreliability of the buses. Yesterday I was sitting around for an hour waiting for one. But I'm also looking forward to getting money and working in something that should hopefully benefit people (can't be too specific obviously) so I'm just trying to focus on that. I was a bit iffy about a lot of data science jobs that are just to sell things more efficiently so I'm really glad I got this one (it was my first proper interview and I was sweating in places I didn't even know could sweat). Bit worried about how my PMDD will effect me but will have to see how it goes. So yeah, I'll just be going through a big change and it's scary but also exciting (that sounds too similar to something JM would say but it's true lol)

• Heart
Reactions: 36

Falkor

VIP Member
Happy birthday @Emmapism !

Thought I'd better go and check on the former fleece owners, they're all having a really good summer out on the hill, the grass is tremendous up there this year.

20220816_180856.jpg

20220816_181431.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Thank you dearest hearts. The crisis team actually asked me if I had any friends online that I talked to and I vaguely said 'there's a forum I post on regularly'. Fortunately they were satisfied with that answer. I once thought I was single-handedly responsible for bringing about the downfall of society and was in grave danger from government agents who were trying to stop me so in comparison, the world of grunking and nightmeat does seem quite normal 😂 (it is fine to laugh at this, it was many years ago)

• Heart
Reactions: 35

MaineCoonMama

VIP Member
Spoilered for length. My husband had been showing me Susan's photo for a week or so and saying "look at this Tuxie girl"
I kept telling him we didn't need another cat as we had the two boys. Was firm in my decision. Anyhoo, one Sunday I went to a Tattooed Ladies Convention and ended up on my own as my friend was too hungover and dipped out. I got drunk to give myself some courage to talk to the other ladies and had a ball.
On the train home I kept going back to look at the little tuxie, rang my husband and said "fuck it, I need this thing".
When we picked her up the following Friday the breeder told us that she'd actually had another family lined up but when she spoke to them she decided not to let them have her as she didn't think they'd care for her properly.
We brought her home and she did none of the hiding under the bed or running away from us, she was bossy and comfortable straight away. Her real name is Cooncastle Boudicca-Siggy but she's known as Susan when she's naughty and Bunny when she's sweet and I'm ever grateful I got drunk and threw caution to the wind that May Sunday 8 years ago.

• Heart
Reactions: 34