Food and Drink #30

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
All this talk of wangs on the MT has reminded me that Tommy Lee's alright but the best bellend around here is Billy. Hope everything is alright with you and yours Billy, if you're reading along.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Sending love to all the Fraus.

Miguel Barclary’s ‘Meat Free One Pound Meals’ and his ‘Store Cupboard One Pound Meals’ are both 99p on the Kindle store.

ETA: Leon Happu Fast Food and Nigella’s Nigellissima are also 99p. There’s also a couple of ‘One Pot’ books for 99p but have no idea if they’re any good etc. But thought I’d share in case it helps anyone.
Thank you for the tip , I’ve just bought Store cupboard one pound meals. I also got the Savvy shoppers cookbook by Amy Sheppard which on a quick flick through , seems quite like the book JM should have written , had they been able to cook . they are all quite simple recipes - it’s very much aimed at simple family meals , so probably not one for foodies, but all the recipes seem well written and easy to follow . Even if there is one for tinned tuna meatballs 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Spoilered for length. My husband had been showing me Susan's photo for a week or so and saying "look at this Tuxie girl"
I kept telling him we didn't need another cat as we had the two boys. Was firm in my decision. Anyhoo, one Sunday I went to a Tattooed Ladies Convention and ended up on my own as my friend was too hungover and dipped out. I got drunk to give myself some courage to talk to the other ladies and had a ball.
On the train home I kept going back to look at the little tuxie, rang my husband and said "duck it, I need this thing".
When we picked her up the following Friday the breeder told us that she'd actually had another family lined up but when she spoke to them she decided not to let them have her as she didn't think they'd care for her properly.
We brought her home and she did none of the hiding under the bed or running away from us, she was bossy and comfortable straight away. Her real name is Cooncastle Boudicca-Siggy but she's known as Susan when she's naughty and Bunny when she's sweet and I'm ever grateful I got drunk and threw caution to the wind that May Sunday 8 years ago.
Best drunk acquistion story I've heard! We ended up with the Ragdoll cos my brother in law sent a message in our group chat going 'Do you two want Bushalls?' and both my wife and I said yeah cos he works in a distillery and we thought it was a brand of whiskey we hadn't heard of. Forgot we had nicknamed the cat Bushels when we first met him. Anyway we couldn't say no after that and my wife had always said he'd somehow end up living with us. They didn't have time for him with his missus being a nurse and him working all hours and Ragdolls need fussing and tend to have their own 'person' in the family. A week later and there was a dog carrier sat in our front room and this massive idiot ball of fluff bouncing round befriending our other three.

Was fun to watch him settle in, he grew up alongside a puppy and you could tell, he'd do that bow and tail wag when he wanted to play but had to grow out of it cos he'd just flatten the Tuxie bless him.

I'll stop babbling about cats one day but they really are great creatures ❤

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 30
I went to a food festival in Glasgow today with some friends (which was very lovely but SO hot), and we got goodie bags which I was so excited for only to find they contained stock cubes and an ugly mug? Very weird aura. 😂

Screenshot 2022-08-12 at 14.43.16.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 27
Thank you for the well wishes, lovely canal. I've at least been trusted without the crisis team this weekend which is nice, it's not great when you keep having people with NHS lanyards turn up for everyone to see. Switchy I noticed your change of location a few days ago 😘 although I am sad you have moved from Collard Greens, Tbilisi as you are no longer near me in Celery, Edinburgh.

Hooting at stock cubes Owly, what kind were they? Fish? Chicken? Vegetable??

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Thank you for the well wishes, lovely canal. I've at least been trusted without the crisis team this weekend which is nice, it's not great when you keep having people with NHS lanyards turn up for everyone to see. Switchy I noticed your change of location a few days ago 😘 although I am sad you have moved from Collard Greens, Tbilisi as you are no longer near me in Celery, Edinburgh.

Hooting at stock cubes Owly, what kind were they? Fish? Chicken? Vegetable??
Lamb, of all things, which is exactly what you want when it's 28 degrees, a nice lamb stew.

Until today I would not have believed a mug could have a weird aura… but it really DOES!
I'm going to take it to work in the hopes that it reminds my colleagues I don't ever want to speak to them.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
I went to a food festival in Glasgow today with some friends (which was very lovely but SO hot), and we got goodie bags which I was so excited for only to find they contained stock cubes and an ugly mug? Very weird aura. 😂

View attachment 1493409
That mug has dark energy, I’d smash it.
It looks like an 80s reproduction for use in a Stranger Things show where obvs the demon gets into your body when you make tea in the mug.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
That mug has dark energy, I’d smash it.
It looks like an 80s reproduction for use in a Stranger Things show where obvs the demon gets into your body when you make tea in the mug.
I was just thinking it looked like a prop for a tv show 😧

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
I saw a seagull snatch a four pack of greggs sausage rolls from a tourist today and I am saddened that I wasn’t quick enough to get a photo.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
I've just been to the offie for a couple disposable vapes and noticed they had passionfruit and mango flavoured cans of Hooch. Decided to grab one and it's actually lovely. Got a weirdly spicy taste to it, almost like a fruity curry made with coconut milk and I shouldn't like it but I do

I will be pairing this with reduced chorizo crisps from a local manufacturer, a reduced vegan steak bake, and a 50p piri piri Pot Noodle from that little-known small business Unilever. I feel proper classy today!

• Heart
Reactions: 27
A seagull was eyeing up our barbecue earlier, the shifty little terror.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Out of interest, when you buy a pack of fresh tortellini from the supermarket, what do you usually add to it after cooking? The simpler/easier the better 😊
Bit late but this was lush. Mashed garlicky soft cheese with a little cream in and fireproof dish chucked spinach in and uncooked tortellini. Mixed together chucked a little cheese on top and baked in a moderate oven until bubbling. Shredded fresh sage leaves fried in a little butter with lemon zest and parmesan is also good

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I have found tortellini disappointing of late. Not sure if cheaper ingredients? Also, those water filled pockets of boak that had a hole in ruin it for me. As a professional lazy arse I do melted butter (other fats available) bit of garlic and cherry tomatoes with basil from the windowsill.

Reactions: 19
I feel like this thread is our nice cosy space away from current news so I’ll put the rest of this behind a spoiler.

I’m really distressed by what’s happened to Salman Rushdie. If anyone hasn’t seen the news, he is currently in surgery after being stabbed at a literary event. Really hoping he pulls through. It’s just so shocking. I know horrific things happen to innocent people every day. But this is like an attack on freedom of creativity (I’m not explaining this very well sorry).

He‘s had these threats for so long and managed to survive, I thought he must always be so well protected.

I just watched Bridget Jones last week, and she asks him where the toilets are. Which is hilarious. But now this. He’s been through so much already. He has to pull through. No one should have their life threatened because they wrote a fictional novel.

Sorry this is so rambling, I just can’t get my head around it, and needed to talk about to someone.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 29
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.