Food and Drink #30

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Love to you all, tender ones. 💕

I'm coming down from the first spell of hypomania* I've had in quite a while, so that has been very unfun. On an eternal grunk of the main threads and just o_Oo_Oo_O. I'm struck, as ever, by the loveliness of the canal. So glad to have your words in my eyes.

*I call it the bipolarcoaster because why take myself seriously at any point ever?
Sending hugs @Pixieboots ❤

Apologies for lowering the tone but for the viewers of that Tommy Lee photo did anyone else get a flashback to Pam & Tommy when it could talk and Bucky Barnes had a full on conversation with his wang or was that just my twisted brain?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Lots of love to the dear hearts who need it ♥

Scraggy Cat is absolutely on one at the moment. I went out to try and ferry him inside because it's late and he needs to come in and he just sat in a bush and yelled at me. Full moon chaos from the cat.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
Thank you dearest hearts. The crisis team actually asked me if I had any friends online that I talked to and I vaguely said 'there's a forum I post on regularly'. Fortunately they were satisfied with that answer. I once thought I was single-handedly responsible for bringing about the downfall of society and was in grave danger from government agents who were trying to stop me so in comparison, the world of grunking and nightmeat does seem quite normal 😂 (it is fine to laugh at this, it was many years ago)
You are so beloved on here Sidey and for good reason, you're one of the wittiest people I've ever 'met.' I'm so sorry that you've been having such a rough time of it lately, I really hope things improve for you, and that you find the review helpful next week.

Will be thinking of you and sending love to you and all the fraus who want/need it.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Lots of love to Sidey T and all fraus needing it.

I can't sleep because of the heat and then the additional drinking of water means I can't sleep because of the hourly need to wee.

And I didn't get my mussels (long story) but I did get Maccy Ds halloumi fries and green salad, so swings and roundabouts.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Lots of love to Sidey T and all fraus needing it.

I can't sleep because of the heat and then the additional drinking of water means I can't sleep because of the hourly need to wee.

And I didn't get my mussels (long story) but I did get Maccy Ds halloumi fries and green salad, so swings and roundabouts.
Same, tried to get some sleep and it's just to stuffy. Ergh to the idea of it getting more tropical too over the next few nights.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 22
I'm channelling The Duchess in the heat. She hasn't moved from the sofa nearest the window for hours. Won't even move for a late night wee just now. She had a wee at about 8pm and has demanded to be left alone since then to snooze.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Spoilered for length. My husband had been showing me Susan's photo for a week or so and saying "look at this Tuxie girl"
I kept telling him we didn't need another cat as we had the two boys. Was firm in my decision. Anyhoo, one Sunday I went to a Tattooed Ladies Convention and ended up on my own as my friend was too hungover and dipped out. I got drunk to give myself some courage to talk to the other ladies and had a ball.
On the train home I kept going back to look at the little tuxie, rang my husband and said "duck it, I need this thing".
When we picked her up the following Friday the breeder told us that she'd actually had another family lined up but when she spoke to them she decided not to let them have her as she didn't think they'd care for her properly.
We brought her home and she did none of the hiding under the bed or running away from us, she was bossy and comfortable straight away. Her real name is Cooncastle Boudicca-Siggy but she's known as Susan when she's naughty and Bunny when she's sweet and I'm ever grateful I got drunk and threw caution to the wind that May Sunday 8 years ago.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Out of interest, when you buy a pack of fresh tortellini from the supermarket, what do you usually add to it after cooking? The simpler/easier the better 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Out of interest, when you buy a pack of fresh tortellini from the supermarket, what do you usually add to it after cooking? The simpler/easier the better 😊
A stir-through sauce usually works for me. Or if I want something plain, just a little butter and some nice grated Parmesan.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I'm channelling The Duchess in the heat. She hasn't moved from the sofa nearest the window for hours. Won't even move for a late night wee just now. She had a wee at about 8pm and has demanded to be left alone since then to snooze.

My little dog is hating this heat. I get her out a couple of times before it gets too hot and then she has little five mins at a time in the communal garden a few times over the day. By the time she gets her evening walk she is so lairy with it! Yapping and bossy! Thankfully other dogs seem to just as annoyed and play up too, so she's not the only ASBO-Pup in town :LOL:

She does love her wet flannel rub downs though!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
I was wondering where you were @PunkyMonkey then up you popped on the MT!! I know you have a difficult job and you're busy but I wanted to let you know you're missed when you aren't around ♥

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Sending love to all the Fraus.

Miguel Barclary’s ‘Meat Free One Pound Meals’ and his ‘Store Cupboard One Pound Meals’ are both 99p on the Kindle store.

ETA: Leon Happu Fast Food and Nigella’s Nigellissima are also 99p. There’s also a couple of ‘One Pot’ books for 99p but have no idea if they’re any good etc. But thought I’d share in case it helps anyone.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Fresh chives blended with a little oil (rape seed is fine, it's going to taste mostly of chives), salt, lemon juice and some walnut (Am old, need protein) halves

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Sending love to all the Fraus.

Miguel Barclary’s ‘Meat Free One Pound Meals’ and his ‘Store Cupboard One Pound Meals’ are both 99p on the Kindle store.

ETA: Leon Happu Fast Food and Nigella’s Nigellissima are also 99p. There’s also a couple of ‘One Pot’ books for 99p but have no idea if they’re any good etc. But thought I’d share in case it helps anyone.
Thanks for the heads up, I've just nipped over there and bought Nigellisima and one by Olia Hercules. (🔺️ Eastern European family connection).

Have a good day Fraus, even if it is hotter than the hottest day in Hotland again. ❤

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
I was wondering where you were @PunkyMonkey then up you popped on the MT!! I know you have a difficult job and you're busy but I wanted to let you know you're missed when you aren't around ♥
Omg you summoned me!! 💖

You are such an amazing group of people, this is the kind of support everyone needs and I'm so grateful, there's just such comfort and restoration in mini communities than is easier and more accessible than "real life" although I mean the physical world, to be clear, because you are all very present in my real life.

Thank you xX

Happy Friday everyone! Here’s a beautifully weird flower.

View attachment 1492467
#SummerforGoths is exactly the thing I didn't know I needed right now!!

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Ah, look at these. Posted by my fave Scotsman, JD Kirk. He captioned the photo
'That'll do, Coo. That'll do."
2AD6FF7C-178D-42E8-9396-A22868D10276.jpeg

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 28
Usually I just stir some pesto through it. Have done it with regular green and red (not together, I’m not a monster) and they both work well.

ETA I’m slammed at work and on a permanent MT grunk so having to dip in and out when I can. HUGE SORRYS for not liking/loving etc posts there, I’m so far behind the only way to keep up is just reading through as fast as I can without reacting. It makes me feel bad! Sending lots of mental reaction-os to you all as I grunk desperately through though!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.