Food and Drink #30

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I take back what I said about my friend's cat being nice, he started screeching at me at 5.30 this morning and didn't shut up when I gave him food 😤 oh and he sicked on my slippers...

• Haha
  • Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 25
Oh I heard a seagull #fact that they can smell food up to two miles away (a.though I haven’t googled to check this is true) but I can forgive them (a little bit) because imagine if you could smell all the food all around you all the time? I live in flats and honestly there’s a Chinese family and a Bengali one and they set me off when they’re both cooking, the smells are heavenly! They’re on opposite sides so it alternates depending on the wind/air.
I take back what I said about my friend's cat being nice, he started screeching at me at 5.30 this morning and didn't shut up when I gave him food 😤 oh and he sicked on my slippers...
cats are unpredictable creatures. You know where you are with a dog.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
This is such a gorgeous story, so full of love. That pic is hilarious though! It’s clear who the real Queen is there!
That's the royal seat too! Only the ruling monarch may sit there, but the Queen is classy AF, smiled at the sight of Doorkins and left her sleeping. 😻

There's a new cat there now. You'll see them sometimes if you go Borough Market.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
A seagull once stole Mr Sunday School Teacher’s hot dog on the front at Whitby. In my head, the bird actually managed to swoop down and remove the sausage from the bun but I must be misremembering as that seems SO unlikely.

Happy Caturday everyone. Loving the cat facts! Sunday School cat is enjoying them too.

505BBC24-99BE-45DF-9CA0-630FFA016342.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 30
A seagull once stole Mr Sunday School Teacher’s hot dog on the front at Whitby. In my head, the bird actually managed to swoop down and remove the sausage from the bun but I must be misremembering as that seems SO unlikely.

Happy Caturday everyone. Loving the cat facts! Sunday School cat is enjoying them too.

View attachment 1495266
Top class cat + book content, that is what Saturdays are for.

• Heart

Back to the talk of beach chickens, this was in my local news today. We have three (now two, I think, one has flown the nest) seagull babies on our balcony outside the staff room at work. They were quite sweet to begin with. It’s been interesting to watch them hatch and grow. They look a bit more seagull now so aren’t really that sweet anymore.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
  • Haha
To be fair, he is quite an unattractive cat at the best of times but he's just truly furious at my continuing to draw breath.
That is one staunch looking little man-cat.

I used to have a real butthead of an angry cat. I never knew how to describe his attitude until I read your last sentence, that's exactly how he was with me. Of course he lasted over 16 years. Bitey, cranky old turd he was.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
That is one staunch looking little man-cat.

I used to have a real butthead of an angry cat. I never knew how to describe his attitude until I read your last sentence, that's exactly how he was with me. Of course he lasted over 16 years. Bitey, cranky old turd he was.
Amos is sweetness and light to my husband. Likes to be carried around like a baby by him, and will sit on the edge of the bathtub when Mr Owl is having a bath. Loves my daughter a lot too and tolerates the boys for the most part.

I am the lowest of the low in his scraggy little eyes. He has been known to turn his nose up at a bowl of food that I've put down, only to gobble it up when someone else presents it to him. Very motivated by spite and pettiness where I'm concerned - also loves to sit on my husband's lap and then hiss at me if I sit next to them on the sofa, so I have to move to the armchair.

Fairly certain he was born in a bin tho so I can understand his lack of manners.

• Heart
  • Haha
There was seagull-related drama in San Sebastián recently. The opposition party was complaining about how aggressive the seagulls have become, and asking why the city govt didn't do anything about it. The govt responded by claiming that they were foreign seagulls travelling, not native to the city, so nothing could be done. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Have reached a point on the MT where someone used the abbreviation FOF to mean friend of a friend, and now there is a post every page asking what FOF means. 🤦🏼‍♀️

• Haha
There was seagull-related drama in San Sebastián recently. The opposition party was complaining about how aggressive the seagulls have become, and asking why the city govt didn't do anything about it. The govt responded by claiming that they were foreign seagulls travelling, not native to the city, so nothing could be done. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Have reached a point on the MT where someone used the abbreviation FOF to mean friend of a friend, and now there is a post every page asking what FOF means. 🤦🏼‍♀️
This was a bleak point. Godspeed, frau. It gets better.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
I like to imagine that in a parallel universe, there are a bunch of lovely HausKats taking refuge from their main thread about Jerk Meow , a middle class cat who likes to cosplay as being a rescue, while sharing dangerous advice and terrible frugal tips such as collecting cigarette butts to harvest the ash to make your own nightmare snacks
E15D5CA5-EB04-4DF0-A6E9-52B329BFC8AC.jpeg
9FE8DD14-3643-41D9-963C-EFC0D78EEA2A.jpeg
BAF761B6-B768-43A8-B891-7AB582E3F07D.jpeg

i think this heat may be getting to me 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
Hooting Bubbly D 😂 I probably don't want to know what else Sideboard Cat has to say about me. As a rescue herself, she would definitely be slagging off Jerk Meow.

I saved this important seagull news from my feed a couple of weeks ago and forgot about it. It must have been going out for nightsnacks.

seagull news.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.