Food and Drink #30

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thread for people to discuss well, food and drink, cats, dogs, life stuff and everything in between.

Occassionally we talk about the JM thread (termed MT) but not for long and soon get back on topic.

Everyone is welcome.

Pandas and things with paws and beaks are particularly welcome.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Sorry to interrupt starting post with waffle post.

All your lovely comments for @ishant were so sweet.

We have bought a very small (1.8l) multi cooker thing. It doesn’t airfry but we had to compromise something. Food has gone the way of the panda in the video above. Mrs T has a new role and won’t be home until 7 most nights so we have to alter how we eat. Her being out 12/13 hours is going to be hard so I need to get my act together and learn to cook again. Bread, yoghurt (I used to do all this with my mum/granny), stews, pasta bakes.

I cannot be scared of food for calories, for the cost, for what will happen if there are leftovers, for using flavours.

Sandwiches and hot bran flakes will not cut it in winter.

How I feel F and D gang cope with life.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
Someone saw a pigeon this morning so went and hid...little wimp. Hope everyone is doing well xx
20220808_144317.jpg

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 44
that’s so cute 🥹

good morning everyone! I’ve made myself peanut butter jam wrap for breakfast #success
That is a great start to a day! The only foods I could think of to suggest for you were peanut butter and tahini - they can both be eaten just plain or combined with fruit, veg or carbs depending on your energy levels, and also with chocolate or jam. I rely on them, plus oatcakes, to get me through low days.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Thread for people to discuss well, food and drink, cats, dogs, life stuff and everything in between.

Occassionally we talk about the JM thread (termed MT) but not for long and soon get back on topic.

Everyone is welcome.

Pandas and things with paws and beaks are particularly welcome.
Thanks Tunnely for starting the new thread. I was going to give it a go but I got distracted by a text message then I fell asleep. I'd like to think I look like this Margay when I wake up. All bug-eyed and stuff.
93285DE9-4C2A-418D-9461-55448FEAD464.jpeg

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 37
Good morning!

I've had a difficult night with my medication so I feel like a total zombie today. Even making myself a cup of coffee just now was a struggle. Hoping for a quiet work day so I can just have a bit of a breather.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 27
that’s so cute 🥹

good morning everyone! I’ve made myself peanut butter jam wrap for breakfast #success
Morning! I keep dropping off these threads due to MT chaos and needing to do things in RL 😂.

Just recommending this recipe @ishant if you like daal. It's really easy, makes LOADS and tastes lush. I eat it as is with rice, chapati or similar. I also have it over a jacket spud or with bread and butter and let some down to make more of a soup.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Good Morning everyone. This is old but when I jwoke up, a mate in the UK had re-sent it to me and it still made me lol greatly.

F9B08602-FA76-45EF-BAB6-B53B144804D9.jpeg

ETA thanks so much for posting that recipe, @NellieBoo I have everything in to put it together so going to make it later. (I only have light coconut milk tho- have you tried it with that? She says not to complain if you use that) Still going make it tho!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
Adding another massive recommendation for The Sandman, it's absolutely gorgeously done. Bit of a fan of the comics, if my user pic didn't give it away!

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Good Morning everyone. This is old but when I jwoke up, a mate in the UK had re-sent it to me and it still made me lol greatly.

View attachment 1490058

ETA thanks so much for posting that recipe, @NellieBoo I have everything in to put it together so going to make it later. (I only have light coconut milk tho- have you tried it with that? She says not to complain if you use that) Still going make it tho!
I've made many times so I'm sure I must have made it with light coconut milk at some point 🤔.

I'm currently pretending to work from home and avoiding going out to do site visits because it's so bloody HOT. I'm wearing a shorts/boob tube style sun suit thingy which is very unsuitable for someone of my size/shape 😂. Plus an amazing neck fan which Mr Amazon delivered yesterday. Mr B and my son think I look ridiculous with it round my neck but I don't care. And what they don't know is it has BUILT IN DISCO LIGHTS!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
Thank you for the new thread Tunnely! “Paws and beaks“ 😻

@MaineCoonMama I didnt know whether to ❤ or 🤣 at your Susan picture. Of course I love that cat like we all do, but I had to. 🤣 because I LOVE cat action pictures like that!

I have some kind of flu or fever 😭 It’s nothing terrible but I’m already feeling so done with it.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 26
Thank you for the new thread Tunnely! “Paws and beaks“ 😻

@MaineCoonMama I didnt know whether to ❤ or 🤣 at your Susan picture. Of course I love that cat like we all do, but I had to. 🤣 because I LOVE cat action pictures like that!

I have some kind of flu or fever 😭 It’s nothing terrible but I’m already feeling so done with it.
I hope you feel better soon, Sidey B! I understand about laughing at Sue, she's an absolute Wally. That's why she's so loved.
554E5A55-6FC4-4509-9BC1-08F98FB07922.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 28
has anyone tried the Sorted food “ sidekick “ app . You pick a meal plan, it gives you a shopping list and video recipes to follow, and in theory the plans are designed to minimise food waste by using the same fresh ingredients throughout the week . It has a 30 day free trial as well so you can see if it works for you or just use the free month to get some new recipe inspiration. I’m deliberately saving the free trial for sept/oct when hopefully I can tolerate food with flavour again rather than existing mainly on salty beige carbs 😂 but thought it might be useful for those of us who have lost their cooking/eating mojo

hope everyone is coping with the heat ( if you are in a hot place ) , and that those who are feeling poorly feel better soon ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Hope MCM and Sidey start feeling better soon. ❤

MCM- I didn't know whether to laugh or cry for your stolen Tim Tams!

I-Shanty- high five for having some brekkie!

@Valiofthedolls That joke took me waaaaay too long to get 🤣 it's too hot again, send iceberg-o's.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
@BubbleDuck big Sorted fan over here but I found the app awkward to use. This was a while back so I imagine it’s improved a lot since! It was definitely good for a bit of recipe inspiration though.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.