Food and Drink #23

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh lord that's worse than us. We just call the only company we know and they turn up with the truck. But the minimum litres is pretty high!

Pretty much haha. I'm very very far north so the gas line doesn't hit us. I used to have storage heaters (when I RENTed) and they were hell. So oil is actually an improvement lol.
Eeek I hated storage heaters! Had them years ago when I rented a little flat. You had to predict the weather the next day, was such a bugger when it was warmer than you thought it would be, but the heaters had already stored their heat so you had no choice but to sweat it out all day 😂

Cheapest price here at the mo for oil is 105.9 p/l. That's come down gradually from 169, but it's still around 3x the usual average price 😑

• Wow
Reactions: 10
Eeek I hated storage heaters! Had them years ago when I rented a little flat. You had to predict the weather the next day, was such a bugger when it was warmer than you thought it would be, but the heaters had already stored their heat so you had no choice but to sweat it out all day 😂

Cheapest price here at the mo for oil is 105.9 p/l. That's come down gradually from 169, but it's still around 3x the usual average price 😑
oil club was 98p

Reactions: 9
We see them quite often on the north coast :) It's been a good winter for it, some cracking displays.
Some of the local astronomy clubs photos are absolutely stunning!

I've only seen a white band of it. I would love to see the colours. I need to download the app again for when we get the alert that it might be visible!

Reactions: 11
Are you sure you're not secretly on Jack's recipe testing Patreon level?

Anyway, I'm not an expert, but I'd guess that's why. Jelly's quite a fickle thing sometimes.
Honestly what a nightmare - I’ve been slopped and have no one but myself to blame! 😩 Toddler is napping so just took it out the top shelf of the fridge (it was on the bottom last night) to put it in the freezer in the hope of making some sort of gelletinous slush puppy (but also fearing creating an actual ice block aka a weapon she could kill me with) and ngl it looks like it’s sort of setting?!?! If I push the top it leaves a finger print but it’s still very… wet. I’m going to let that live on the top shelf overnight and review.

Fair play to Jack she styles out the slop far better than I can, I’m too scared to get rid of it as already blocked my kitchen sink once this week. Can’t even leave it out for the foxes cos it’s got spaghetti in it???

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Honestly what a nightmare - I’ve been slopped and have no one but myself to blame! 😩 Toddler is napping so just took it out the top shelf of the fridge (it was on the bottom last night) to put it in the freezer in the hope of making some sort of gelletinous slush puppy (but also fearing creating an actual ice block aka a weapon she could kill me with) and ngl it looks like it’s sort of setting?!?! If I push the top it leaves a finger print but it’s still very… wet. I’m going to let that live on the top shelf overnight and review.

Fair play to Jack she styles out the slop far better than I can, I’m too scared to get rid of it as already blocked my kitchen sink once this week. Can’t even leave it out for the foxes cos it’s got spaghetti in it???
Bury it. Honestly, burying cursed food is an underrated past time.
Anyway the child doesn’t know how it’s supposed to feel!

• Haha
Reactions: 19
If the sensory jelly doesn’t set enough , you can always put it in a ziploc bag and tape it to a table top. You still get some sensory input through the plastic, and it’s fun chasing the worms of spaghetti around, trying to herd them into one place 🙂

• Heart
Reactions: 17
If the sensory jelly doesn’t set enough , you can always put it in a ziploc bag and tape it to a table top. You still get some sensory input through the plastic, and it’s fun chasing the worms of spaghetti around, trying to herd them into one place 🙂
Omg you are a genius thank you!! I’ve seen this done for very little ones with a high chair (after she grew out of this stage obvs thanks Insta algo 🙄) I’ll do this thank you! It’s still vaguely orange so fun? Maybe I’ll put it through a strainer first? Gorgeous gorgeous motherhood.

Last edited:
OT but just seen a post encouraging everyone to charge everything you own that's rechargeable before you put a meter reading in tomorrow. Put an extra wash on etc.

wasn't it october when I last posted an unexpected snow photo? and here we are at the end of march

20220331_061333.jpg

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Filming day 2 for me today. Anxiety is pretty high. I don't know if its just pushing myself out of my comfort zone (I'm more of an edit person) but I both look forward to and intensely dread these days at the same time.

Still, 11 days left. Crossing each day out in my diary.

Hope you're doing okay @FunnyFuneral was thinking about you the other day in a non weird way.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I'm thinking of @Wooh at the moment, with the NSW floods going off again. I hope you're ok?!
Hello, thank you very much, it's lovely of you to think of me. Our area has been spared a repeat flood. It's thenorthern NSW towns that have been smashed again and my heart and head breaks for them.

I've been surprised how much this flood (2nd within a year, 21 March 2021 and early March 2022) has shaken me. Water over your bed on the 2nd storey will do that! Last year i felt the pioneer spirit, a once in a lifetime experience, everyone helping everyone. This year I've just watched my beautiful "boho" arty perfect little home destroyed, and I can't get past the fragility of endeavour!

I'm going to see a counsellor or psychologist for a mental tune up, to make sure I'm back in business soon. I'm fine on the surface, out and about and at work, but find myself in bed again at 7.30pm hoping the world will go away.

I'm sure we've all been there.

Problem is, I want to help the community recovery, so while I accept my feelings, I want to channel them healthily.

Aaaaaaarrrrgghhhhhhh!

Thank you if you read this

• Heart
Reactions: 31
We had insane hail yesterday! I’d never seen hail like it in my life but my husband was insistent it was pretty normal. 👧🏼 stood at the door watching it but she got hit by a bit and ran in scared lol.

The jelly is still incredibly wet so I’m going to put it in a baking tray and cover it with clingfilm then cook it for a yummy breakfast have it as a sensory play nightmare! Thank you mithering illiterate ninnies for your support at this incredibly difficult time!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.