Food and Drink #23

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@Wooh
You've had a traumatic experience. Don't want to me rail but having been involved in the Boscastle flooding (2004) I understand the terrifying destructive power of water. Counselling/ Therapy is definitely a good plan.
Take care xx

• Heart
Reactions: 19
@StringyMango. Yes and thank you. Your experience must have been terrifying. The other night I had to google heart attack symptoms female versus panic attack/anxiety, because my uncle just died of a heart attack, and his funeral was to have been today in country Queensland, but was postponed...due to renewed flooding. (His poor wife.) We go next week.

I feel very upside down and inside out, but here I am, saying it out loud, so there’s a good start. I'm spending the day with my ponies tomorrow as a second good step

Love to all, even those making revolting spaghetti jelly

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Hello, thank you very much, it's lovely of you to think of me. Our area has been spared a repeat flood. It's thenorthern NSW towns that have been smashed again and my heart and head breaks for them.

I've been surprised how much this flood (2nd within a year, 21 March 2021 and early March 2022) has shaken me. Water over your bed on the 2nd storey will do that! Last year i felt the pioneer spirit, a once in a lifetime experience, everyone helping everyone. This year I've just watched my beautiful "boho" arty perfect little home destroyed, and I can't get past the fragility of endeavour!

I'm going to see a counsellor or psychologist for a mental tune up, to make sure I'm back in business soon. I'm fine on the surface, out and about and at work, but find myself in bed again at 7.30pm hoping the world will go away.

I'm sure we've all been there.

Problem is, I want to help the community recovery, so while I accept my feelings, I want to channel them healthily.

Aaaaaaarrrrgghhhhhhh!

Thank you if you read this
Just remember, you can’t pour from an empty jug!

• Heart
Reactions: 20
We had a flurry of snow in London. Cue the train chaos. (We can't deal with snow lol).

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
We had a flurry of snow in London. Cue the train chaos. (We can't deal with snow lol).
I miss my Dad complaining about London's inability to deal with snow. He was surprised every year we were down there. Meanwhile in Yorkshire my kids wouldn't even put their big coats on this morning and the oldest has gone up t'moor after school and is probably sitting on wet rocks

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
We had some round here (east midlands) too, but no chaoses that I've noticed.
Lol, us London lot seem to lose our minds with just the smallest flake. It's a long running joke that the tube shuts down every time it does :ROFLMAO:

I was cycling home and had to stop because it was quite heavy and blustery. Ten minutes and gone. Not settled. Blue skies and sunshine again. This month has been really bloody backwards weatherwise.

• Heart
been snowing and hailing on and off all day here in the land of steel and cutlery

also brief periods of blazing sunshine and I'm pretty sure I saw a flash of lightning earlier

it's like the apocalypse out there

I'm overtired and sulky tonight so mr kcc is feeding me sausages and mash cos he's good like that

• Heart
Wow! On Sunday it was warm enough for me and MrEm to have our first paddle board of the year down here in Devon! The water was freeeeezin but the weather was warm.

ETA- we didn’t actually hit the water. MrEm forgot the paddles 🙄
That’s beautiful, Devon is so pretty. I stayed near Totnes last year and went to Agatha Christie’s house and Blackpool Sands.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
That’s beautiful, Devon is so pretty. I stayed near Totnes last year and went to Agatha Christie’s house and Blackpool Sands.
I love Blackpool sands! Went often in my teens when we moved over here. Greenway is, of course, gorgeous too. I lived in the Bay Area for about 3 years and pinged between there and Plymouth often.

This is Lopwell Dam, up on Dartmoor. You can paddle from here down onto the Tamar and out to sea (if you were strong enough 😂) but it’s nice and still at the Dam for a relaxed moochy paddle, which is much more my level.

• Heart
I'm coming to London for the weekend, make sure you clear up all the snow before I get there. I could stay in Scotland for ice and frost, I want some sunshine!

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Scottish Frau, does anyone know Threave Castle? My uncle P has been researching the family and apparently it was an ancestral home. Knowing my family we were probably plebs of some description but according to Uncle we are from the James (Black) Douglas clan.

• Wow
  • Heart
I haven't visited but I do work down that way sometimes. Very impressive! I am going to put it on the list for next time I go.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Agatha Christie’s house! That must have been so interesting.

I’m not proud of this, but if anyone needs a laugh, I sometimes forget Agatha Christie was a real person, and in my head I get her mixed up with Miss Marple and Angela Landsbury (as if they’re all interchangeable).

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Agatha Christie’s house! That must have been so interesting.

I’m not proud of this, but if anyone needs a laugh, I sometimes forget Agatha Christie was a real person, and in my head I get her mixed up with Miss Marple and Angela Landsbury (as if they’re all interchangeable).
Omg, that's hilarious! I have the same last name as a fictional detective and often get asked if we are related, so you're not the only one thinking this way. Lmao.

• Haha
  • Heart
Omg, that's hilarious! I have the same last name as a fictional detective and often get asked if we are related, so you're not the only one thinking this way. Lmao.
Hello MC Poirot! 😆

I was at a party once, and there were two guys with the same first name… someone asked them if they were brothers 🤔

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
Hello MC Poirot! 😆

I was at a party once, and there were two guys with the same first name… someone asked them if they were brothers 🤔
Wow.....that's up there with my mate's gf asking me why planes don't hit the moon. She was in her 20s. 🤷‍♀️
Also @Sideboard Bob my dad called me in tears...I've sent him some Cunk and he's loving it.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I got pelted with snow on my way to and from the gym earlier although it was nowhere near enough to start laying.

Lads, my 91-year-old grandma has just started using WhatsApp and I've declared it the best ever. Her first message she signed off 'love Gma' then realised she didn't have to do that every time she replied. Now she's discovered emojis and is being remarkably restrained with using them. I sent her the picture of Sideboard Cat screaming into the void and she said 'That's a pretty vicious picture but nice thanks' 😂 I hope I don't pull a KCC and accidentally send her Slopbot tho.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.