Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

MaineCoonMama

VIP Member
Just having a breather from the MT, wow!
I went to the food bank yesterday and asked for some cat food, the lady who helped me was new, she came out with massive bags of Hill's Science Diet and a giant bag of crunchies then told me one of the other ladies had said to her to give me lots of food as she knew I had three MCs. I nearly cried, they are so nice there. Nobody clapped as I was the only one in there but they also gave me a $30 voucher for the local chemist to help with my prescriptions.
Ive been going through a lot lately, illness and other shit but just 10 minutes in there restored my faith in humans. If I'm ever back on my feet financially I'll make a huge donation to Uniting Church, they're also 🏳️‍🌈 friendly
which is really important to me.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
If you recall my me-rail a couple of weeks ago about headaches, it turns out I have indeed been ignoring migraines for bloody years. What a prat. The GP prescribed me sumatriptan and an anti-emetic which I'm waiting for the pharmacy to dispense. Don't worry, I've already put it in my Twitter bio and I can't wait to whip it out when I make a horrid comment lashing out at someone that massively backfires. Thankyou x for your advice and telling me I wasn't being dramatic, now fuck off.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 39

crystaleyesd

VIP Member
Been thinking of @crystaleyesd today, working in Russia atm - hope you're ok, well and safe xx
I'm ok dear heart. Just been shocked and numbed by the whole thing. It's starting to get a bit scary here (nothing compared to Ukraine ofc) - Facebook is getting taken down, so it's probably messaging services next to stop people arranging protests. Flights are being cancelled all over the place. I'm formulating an exit plan. I'll be fewmin if Vlad takes away my ability to lol at Jack 😑

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 36

Falkor

VIP Member
Sheepo update - I've been really worried I was going to have to make a hard decision about Nibbles because her foot just wasn't getting better, but after squeezing a load of pus out of it and giving her another horse-sized antibiotic injection on Sunday, I think we may have turned a corner, as she's weight-bearing on it again and nearly sound. Going to give her another injection on Friday and cross my fingers.

20220323_175833.jpg

Left to right, Viv Squig, Little Nine and Badger's Mum checking out the water cannisters.

20220323_175920.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 35

Jay-cloth Cow

VIP Member
Fraus I am very excited - we are getting a doggo of our very own!! Seeing as JC-parents refuse to let me steal the JC dogs (rude :ROFLMAO:) we have been doing lots of research, found a lovely lovely breeder (she has 7 dogs, live by the sea with acres of land to play in, they are beloved family pets who the girls only have 2 litters max throughout their life) and there is a litter due end of March and so long as all goes to plan we will be getting a little goldendoodle girl at the end of May!! Expect puppy spam when she arrives!

• Heart
Reactions: 34

Emmapism

VIP Member
My alpha bites giving a shout-out to one of the best Jack Monroe thread titles

Why you
PXL_20220328_163012442.jpg

Russell Hob?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33

FunnyFuneral

VIP Member
Hi lads big love to you all, especially those not feeling too great. Just to share with you lovely kind people, I used to love my job , obviously I'm in funerals. I absolutely hate it now, since March 2020 it has changed so much. People just seem so much more selfish and nasty. Worst case, lying and saying no covid involved in a death at home, exposing a whole team to it who then spread it to their colleagues, one of their Dad's died as a direct result of that . The issues within families now seem massive. Of course it's always happened, but maybe one in 10 with family friction but LJC now its its every other one. And its all our fault. I really want to leave, but im too old to get another job 😥. Send doggos cattos sheepos small furryos. I don't want to go back to work on Monday 😥

• Heart
  • Sad
  • Wow

MaineCoonMama

VIP Member
My turn to feel shit, guys. Was having a 'discussion' with my husband about money last night, he got shitty because I had a go at him for not contributing to bills and he actually asked me if I'd missed my tablet that morning. Tablet referring to the SSRI I take daily.
I'm disgusted with him. He's sitting here laughing at his phone and eating his stinking humbugs like nothing's wrong.
I just can't wait until my next round of surgery is done (hoping by the end of the year) so I can pack up Pooh and Susan and we can all move in with my step dad like I've been wanting to for months.
Sorry to me-rail, I'm really upset. I'm going to spend my day in bed with my cats.

• Heart
  • Sad

MaineCoonMama

VIP Member
4318E11F-5607-48C8-8C85-DA4644E486E4.jpeg
Bit sad over here, my step-dad's 18 year old cat died this morning. She was a classic Tortoiseshell madam, but mellowed in to a happy old lady. I told the old man she's looking after my mum who passed 7 years ago tomorrow (9th March) also my brother's birthday. Jeez. She passed away in her sleep on her favourite chair. Bye Molly Monster. 🐾

• Heart
  • Sad

Jay-cloth Cow

VIP Member
Fraus I'm in hospital! Had a MH crisis! Sat in the corridor in a wheelchair now, but I've made friends with all the paramedics and they are literally some of the best people I've ever met, if any of you work in that field I salute you - I couldn't do their job at all. Wonderful people!

• Heart
Reactions: 32

Wooh

VIP Member
I'm thinking of @Wooh at the moment, with the NSW floods going off again. I hope you're ok?!
Hello, thank you very much, it's lovely of you to think of me. Our area has been spared a repeat flood. It's thenorthern NSW towns that have been smashed again and my heart and head breaks for them.

I've been surprised how much this flood (2nd within a year, 21 March 2021 and early March 2022) has shaken me. Water over your bed on the 2nd storey will do that! Last year i felt the pioneer spirit, a once in a lifetime experience, everyone helping everyone. This year I've just watched my beautiful "boho" arty perfect little home destroyed, and I can't get past the fragility of endeavour!

I'm going to see a counsellor or psychologist for a mental tune up, to make sure I'm back in business soon. I'm fine on the surface, out and about and at work, but find myself in bed again at 7.30pm hoping the world will go away.

I'm sure we've all been there.

Problem is, I want to help the community recovery, so while I accept my feelings, I want to channel them healthily.

Aaaaaaarrrrgghhhhhhh!

Thank you if you read this

• Heart
Reactions: 31

Sideboard Bob

VIP Member
Happy Friday everyone! Clocks go forward in the UK this weekend ⏰👍

Sorry I just need to get this off my chest somewhere, I have a had a DAY.

I spent most of the day at work trying to get on with things, trying not to cry, full-on crying at my desk, then trying to make it look like I’d not been crying, and repeat. I don’t even know why.

Luckily there weren’t many people in the office. I know I’m depressed, but I can usually try and keep it together. Anyway, sending solidarity and hope to anyone who might be feeling the same way.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
I thought I'd treat myself to a tub of M&S Plant Kitchen raspberry ripple ice cream except where's the flippin ripple?? I don't normally eat ice cream by digging right down to the bottom of the tub but I had to complete a full investigation into what I can now declare is an ice CRIME. This is not good enough. Mr Marks and Mr Spencer will both be hearing from me forthwith.

an ice crime.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 29

Nottonightbabe

VIP Member
Our dinner this eve - chicken kabsa, a Saudi Arabian rice dish. We're big F1 nerds and for fun we theme a race weekend dinner according to the country they're racing in. Weekend just gone was the Saudi grand prix ☺. The chicken was cooked first in the tomato/stock/spices then finished in a hot oven with some wild garlic butter (not Saudi Arabian but it's in season and delish!). Would definitely make again, it's really good.

PXL_20220328_192417259.jpg

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 28

Into_the_tunnel

VIP Member
Morning all. Just.

Windy as here. Mrs T and I are marking endless papers so half term doesn’t seem very holiday like at the moment. I am getting paid in coffees I am told.

So, it is half term, MFP is still on the phone, I have been secretly training for a marathon and today after a big chat we have decided that we can just afford to pay for me to go and see someone about the food issues. I am bored with it being on my mind, with it ruling everything and the thought of us going on holiday potentially being spoiled by me taking every calorie with me. Unfortunately, having done psychology for >20 years and in 2 masters degrees means I can be a twat but I need this to end.

Sorry to be a broken record. Hope everyone is surviving the weather.

I made a courgette and lemon drizzle cake. It looks nice .

• Heart

Emmapism

VIP Member
Congrats @Emmapism - you are the telly production Frau aren’t you?
Yes indeed I am! Thanks all for lovely wishes. Really thankful for this gig.

Last year I deliberately took less work (as I'm paid well and a relatively frugal Frau, that was an option) but the last couple of months without work was NOT a choice 😂 so I'm very glad of it.

I will be champagne owling it this weekend for sure

• Heart

crystaleyesd

VIP Member
Spotted @crystaleyesd in the wild on the MT, are you ok/safe/home/still in Russia?
I'm in Istanbul dear heart, thanks for checking 🥰 escaped Russia and will be yomping back to the UK next week! Here's a piccy of my dinner from a few days ago to keep it on topic. Mackerel sandwich cooked by a fisherman on the banks of the Bosphorus.

P_20220320_131411_1.jpg

• Heart
  • Wow

Nottonightbabe

VIP Member
Just catching up over here before the MT picks up pace again! 😴

Bees - I love bees! Especially the giant queen bumblebees that are floating around at the moment. They often bash into my front room windows and give quite a loud whack 😂. I bought some bee earrings the other day, photo behind spoiler
PXL_20220324_075141438.MP~3.jpg

Spring recipes - my favourite thing to eat in the spring has to be wild garlic, you can forage for it in the woods, but my veg box company also sells it for the short time it's around. I have some coming today that is destined for a batch of wild garlic butter, to be popped in freezer, and some wild garlic pesto which is just 👨‍🍳💋. I'll also make some wild garlic and cheddar scones at some point ☺

• Heart