Food and Drink #23

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
big ❤ to everyone. hope you're all having as good a weekend as possible

I'm feeling weirdly really happy, despite everything being tit. the sunshine's really helped i think. everyone round here seems to have gone a bit mad cos it's been warm. there's been barbecues! in march! 😮

me and mr kcc are up at his mam's and it's just us and his not small boy for the weekend as his mam and brother are in benidorm, where it's pissed down every day apparently

it's not been just the 3 of us for the weekend for *years* and it's going really well! I was worried, because that's what I do but we're all happy and chilled. we've had a chinese (mine's beef and cashew nuts) and now me and mr kcc are watching rita sue and bob too, while the suddenly very tall boy is upstairs on the xbox

soz, I'm rambling cos I've had a couple of vodkas, but isn't it nice when things are nice?
I know what you mean @kachoochoo

We went out lunch yesterday and ate outside. The fella was very kindly given some birthday money by my folks and we had tacos and margaritas in the sun.

He turned to me and said 'this is perfect, good food, drinks and company and it was free' 😂

I too am dreading work tomorrow. We are filming this week but I'm also having writing duties piled onto me and can only concentrate on one thing at a time. I think the overall quality is going to suffer because of it.

But on the bright side it's only a few more weeks of work then I'm footloose and fancy free until the next thing. Cannot wait for this to be over!

• Heart
Reactions: 23
watching stanley tucci on bbc2 again. none of youse warned me he pronounces it "coolinary"!

• Haha
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Saw this and thought of sheep* laden corner of the internet:

D07461CE-64DD-41D4-A74F-311AB586724A.jpeg

*and cattos and doggos too

B3478838-E2FD-420B-A409-94817EB74E7A.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 25
I too forget about this thread! Lovely to see pics of your furry friends.

Yesterday I went on a proper old school coach trip, full of fabulous Glasgow pensioners, and a Scottish version of "Brendan". It was brilliant, and I crossed the border in to England for the first time in 20 years.

Went to Lindisfarne Castle which had a really amazing exhibition, an immersive thing with soundscapes, and all the info about the rooms was displayed in such a fantastic way, eg embroidered in to the cook's apron.

There was a horrible argument in my office on Friday... and to keep out of it, one of my lovely colleagues and I had a "Rita, Sue and Bob Too" dance, in order to zone out. Black Lace Gang Bang. A truly great classic.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
Omg you guys, Thor had a Lion cut at the vet and I can't stop laughing! His tail looks hilarious! There's Susan in the background seeing him for the first time. His skin/fur colour is normal, btw. He's called a grey smoke colour as the fur changes colour underneath.
C556765C-F9B7-46BF-9A92-30CEFF4D1F3C.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
Omg you guys, Thor had a Lion cut at the vet and I can't stop laughing! His tail looks hilarious! There's Susan in the background seeing him for the first time. His skin/fur colour is normal, btw. He's called a grey smoke colour as the fur changes colour underneath.View attachment 1155415
We debated this for our idiot rag doll cross when it was really hot because he's solid black, but his reaction to our dog groomer friend trying to use clippers on his fluffy pantaloons was absolutely terrifying so unless we sedate him he's stuck seeking shade or staying in in summer. I feel for him because he's a Scottish cat and absolutely adores terrible weather, we had awful storms over here recently and he had gone out and not come home a day before it all kicked off so I kept the cat portal on entrance only and worried he'd been blown away or flattened until he came home two days later meeping at me and looking windswept.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Oh Thor, what have they done to you?! His head looks like it's been photoshopped onto his body and his little boots are making me hoot 😂 That little tail tuft is giving strong gigantoraptor vibes as well. Work it, Thor.

1648484463850.png

• Haha
Reactions: 17
My alpha bites giving a shout-out to one of the best Jack Monroe thread titles

Why you
PXL_20220328_163012442.jpg

Russell Hob?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
My alpha bites giving a shout-out to one of the best Jack Monroe thread titles

Why you
View attachment 1156522

Russell Hob?
omg I would LOVE some aphabites, haven't had them in at least a decade, I used to eat them often at my grandparent's house when I was little and they would always make sure I had the letters to spell my name ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Hello fraus, hope Monday has been kind to you all. I slow cooked brisket that we didn't manage to cook or eat yesterday (in my oven in a LeCreuset like the profligate ninny I am) and we've just had it with steamed green beans, beetroot and Yorkshire pudding. No photo because I was so beefmatised I forgot.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Our dinner this eve - chicken kabsa, a Saudi Arabian rice dish. We're big F1 nerds and for fun we theme a race weekend dinner according to the country they're racing in. Weekend just gone was the Saudi grand prix ☺. The chicken was cooked first in the tomato/stock/spices then finished in a hot oven with some wild garlic butter (not Saudi Arabian but it's in season and delish!). Would definitely make again, it's really good.

PXL_20220328_192417259.jpg

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
Our dinner this eve - chicken kabsa, a Saudi Arabian rice dish. We're big F1 nerds and for fun we theme a race weekend dinner according to the country they're racing in. Weekend just gone was the Saudi grand prix ☺. The chicken was cooked first in the tomato/stock/spices then finished in a hot oven with some wild garlic butter (not Saudi Arabian but it's in season and delish!). Would definitely make again, it's really good.

View attachment 1156980
We need a 'yum' emoji!

• Heart
Reactions: 17
agreed! what is the recipe @Nottonightbabe , have never heard of this!
Well I looked at a handful of different versions, and put together the bits from each that I liked the sound of! These are probably the ones I followed most of:

It's traditionally served with a spicy condiment called Shatta, so I made that as well, just chillies, herbs, lemon juice, oil and vinegar blitzed up.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.