Food and Drink #23

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not being an antivax weirdo but my bang-on-28-day cycle has been 3-4 days shorter since my booster jab in Jan and other friends have said similar. Doubt they’re even looking into why. Only women stuff, who cares eh, amirightladies?
It’s been reported a lot post-covid, nobody cared. Then it was happening post vivid vaccine, it was noted as being something women were talking about but not reporting (there wasn’t anyone to report it to, though?) I imaging it’s in the “who bleeping knows” bin along with any other problem that affects the majority of the population

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
My cycle has been messed up after the vaccines and covid. Week or so late sometimes, also get this thing where it will start, then stop, then restart a couple days later. According to the tracker app I use, I'm due in a couple of days, but rarely does it arrive on time now. On the upside, my MH is pretty ok this month, PMDD seems to be taking a backseat! Hoping my meds are finally helping 🤞

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I’m another whose cycle has been well and truly messed up by vaccine/covid.
since 1st vaccine, I’ve been very on and off , a lot heavier , or at least more clots.

pineapple is meant to help induce a period ( although it’s probably a myth) .No idea if it has to be fresh or if tinned is ok. Raspberry leaf tea is another one , but that can make cramps worse . Generally I find putting fresh bedding on, going to bed in my best pants and anorgasm usually works to kick start everything

• Heart
Reactions: 19
The vaccine totally screwed up my periods and they have not been the same since - like on here many woman have said the same but there was so little reported at the time and nowhere to report it. Doesn't help when I only get to see this bloke infrequently and I try to factor in seeing him when I am not on my period!

I have just read upthread that rage is part of the menopause, I didnt know that. I am usually a very laid back person but I went out for a meal this week and some of the people were late and didnt apologise when they arrived and I was so angry I almost had to go home!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Thought I would pop back and say hello 👋

My periods (which have been absent for 20 years due to the progesterone pill) came back with a vengeance after covid. Then after the vaccine they became really frequent, every 2 weeks at times with horrendous PMS. Failed (not as in dangerous, as in thry couldn’t do it because I am a flake) colposcopy later, I was put on 2x pill which didn’t do anything for the frequency but made me feel like a puffer fish. I went back down to 1x pill and and now on a 3 week cycle. Dr will not admit it is long covid or vaccine related.

Tunnel dog says hello too.
104B70B8-6844-4321-AF90-080ECE31C290.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 23
thank you for saying I'm young and I get it cos I've been thinking is it early menopause for a while now - irregularity isn't me either (with the exception of the depo/implanon years) but my cycle's been fucked up for over a year now

anyway, I'll shut up now ❤
so glad you’ve taken that comment well, I know how ominous and terrifying “go to the doctors” is. But 100%, if you can’t get a GP appt I’d be tempted to call 111 and get an emergency one or one at one of those walk in centres?
That’s funnily what I did, and I went in with suspicions of an impacted stool due to constipation (the glitz, the glamour darlings!! ✨) and it turned out to be cancer lol. Not that yours will Hotes is right and early detection is the best thing going, even mine I was able to keep my uterus and one ovary and had the miracle baby who is currently making me dress her up like a 2002 Ralph Lauren model with the cardigan tied around her shoulders 🥴
But please let us know your next steps and what your doctor says - I’d hope you’d get a blood test at the v least? :/ xx

• Heart
Good morning to all you lovelies from this lazy turd.

At 43, I’m really appreciating the period/meno chat. I’ve piled on the weight recently (which massively depresses me as none of my clothes now fit) and my periods are becoming unbearable so I’m wondering if this is the beginning of peri? Really dreading it as I’m a hormonal mess as it is and I worry how I’ll cope with even more extreme mood swings. Not sure my husband will stick around for it either as he already thinks I have anger issues!

Attachments

• Heart
  • Haha
I’m another whose cycle has been well and truly messed up by vaccine/covid.
since 1st vaccine, I’ve been very on and off , a lot heavier , or at least more clots.

pineapple is meant to help induce a period ( although it’s probably a myth) .No idea if it has to be fresh or if tinned is ok. Raspberry leaf tea is another one , but that can make cramps worse . Generally I find putting fresh bedding on, going to bed in my best pants and anorgasm usually works to kick start everything
yeh after my vaccine, I think the second one, my period went haywire. I had it twice a month for about 5 months, was awful. As you say, there isn't anyone to report it to but I mentioned it to my doctor and he said 70% of the women he spoke to had said similar

• Heart
Reactions: 15
You can report side effects via the Yellow Card scheme online, I reported the fact that AZ vaccines and a Pfizer booster sent my cycle all over the place. The more reports they get the more chance of doing something about it. Although as a woman with experience of the NHS and a history of hormonal issues, I'd say that that's still pretty slim.

From personal experience only, from 14 to the ripe old age of 45 in the next few days, "it's your age" has somehow been an acceptable response from a medical professional to a women experiencing symptoms and discomfort at any time of life. At least I don't get "have you considered having another child, that might sort it out" any more!!

• Heart
  • Sad
At least I don't get "have you considered having another child, that might sort it out" any more!!
That is appalling! My two pregnancies triggered two autoimmune conditions, one that is hormone related and they also wrecked my mental health. I never had PMDD symptoms before having kids. My friend lost ALL her hair after pregnancy and it never grew back and my SIL had her entire immune system ruined, developed Crohns and has terrible migraines and can't work and her life is completely changed.

Of course these things are not a given but what awful and biased advice to give to anybody! Women are not baby vessels FFS.

• Heart
You can report side effects via the Yellow Card scheme online, I reported the fact that AZ vaccines and a Pfizer booster sent my cycle all over the place. The more reports they get the more chance of doing something about it. Although as a woman with experience of the NHS and a history of hormonal issues, I'd say that that's still pretty slim.

From personal experience only, from 14 to the ripe old age of 45 in the next few days, "it's your age" has somehow been an acceptable response from a medical professional to a women experiencing symptoms and discomfort at any time of life. At least I don't get "have you considered having another child, that might sort it out" any more!!
Absolutely recommend reporting (you can do this via the ZOE app as well). I've been told by a GP that the best indicator of your likely menopause age is your mother and her mother which was not great news for me as my nan was 50 when my mum was born.
I spent my working life up to my 40s in a male dominated sector, usually the only female employee - and had a very long, highly irregular cycle (40 to 60 days) but no fertility issues (3+ children), then moved to admin work in almost entirely female offices when my cycle went beserk, one week on one week off.' Syncing' cycles was a very powerful thing for me, Clan of the Cave Bear meets The Office. Finally accepted that it wasn't going to stop soon so sought help when I was 55, ended up with a Mirena coil which worked for me, only had it removed when having chemotherapy when I was 61 guaranteed menopause as a side effect.
TLDR: sometimes seeing your doctor can
be comforting and life enhancing, don't put it off.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Good morning to all you lovelies from this lazy turd.

At 43, I’m really appreciating the period/meno chat. I’ve piled on the weight recently (which massively depresses me as none of my clothes now fit) and my periods are becoming unbearable so I’m wondering if this is the beginning of peri? Really dreading it as I’m a hormonal mess as it is and I worry how I’ll cope with even more extreme mood swings. Not sure my husband will stick around for it either as he already thinks I have anger issues!
ButterCat is cute!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I experienced a similar thing a few years ago KCC and, in an unusual move for me, actually went to the GP. They ordered blood tests which were fine and then I had an ultrasound that showed polycystic ovaries. Incidentally I never want to drink that much water in one go ever again. I tried going on the pill to sort it but it gave me horrendous nausea. They said so long as I had six or more periods in a year it's not a huge concern. Good to get it checked out though!

I feel bad about doing the new thread and chopping this one off at this point, sorry! Please continue here:

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.