Food and Drink #23

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Who needs a lovely doggo? I've been looking at old animal pics to cheer myself up and found one of my old boy Mister P. I miss his basketball head and the way he'd lie with his legs out like a frog.
2B9A4901-48E5-4282-9FD1-B9B231A734B4.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Who needs a lovely doggo? I've been looking at old animal pics to cheer myself up and found one of my old boy Mister P. I miss his basketball head and the way he'd lie with his legs out like a frog. View attachment 1157673
Oh I love it when dogs lay with their back legs flat like that, they look so funny! I think it's only certain breeds that do it? My staffy used to lay like it all the time ☺

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Oh I love it when dogs lay with their back legs flat like that, they look so funny! I think it's only certain breeds that do it? My staffy used to lay like it all the time ☺
Oh yes, it's a Staffy thing for sure! They are the best dogs, I've always wanted one, Sweethearts, all of them.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I've never met a bad Staffy, they've always been so lovely. Not sure how Fred would cope with another dog though. He's not vicious in the slightest, but like most old men, he's set in his ways and likes his routines, and a new pet would interfere with.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Staffies are the best, I dated a girl who had one and while I barely give her a thought these days, I still miss the dog.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Ewe numbers 27 and 33 have decided they're also brave enough to eat from my hand. I may need another couple of names if they keep this up!

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 25
Its pay day tomorrow so it was a freezer dinner for us tonight. "Katsu" chicken curry with wedges instead of rice. I eat like a teenager and it was probably still something better than what jack could make.

But I'm sad, because it's supposed to snow tomorrow and I was just starting to get used to the sunshine again!

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Its pay day tomorrow so it was a freezer dinner for us tonight. "Katsu" chicken curry with wedges instead of rice. I eat like a teenager and it was probably still something better than what jack could make.

But I'm sad, because it's supposed to snow tomorrow and I was just starting to get used to the sunshine again!
This month has been mad. Can't believe how warm it was to getting snow warnings.

It's not even been that cold today, but it feels bloody freezing in comparison! (I've had awful hayfever all day too.)

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Literally, just let puppy out for a pee and it's hailing! And I need to go into the office tomorrow so here's hoping the drive is ok. Because the roads are bad enough before not being able to see them because of snow. Heating is back on (which is annoying because the price of oil is extortionate).

Reactions: 12
Literally, just let puppy out for a pee and it's hailing! And I need to go into the office tomorrow so here's hoping the drive is ok. Because the roads are bad enough before not being able to see them because of snow. Heating is back on (which is annoying because the price of oil is extortionate).
Have had to put my heating on a few times today, also on oil! Been trying to make it last as long as we can 😑

• Sad
Reactions: 10
I'm not, there's one in our village but you have to order when everyone else does, and don't get to shop around or haggle yourself, which I prefer to do. It's so expensive at the mo 😑
What they do is haggle for you, they email regularly asking does anybody need oil. They then add all the orders together into one big order and then haggle. You may only need 500 but with the combined orders you get the discounted price, and you don’t have to spend time phoning. Might be worth investigating

Reactions: 7
Sorry guys this isn’t fine dining but do we have any jelly making pros in here?

I bought the sugar free Hartley’s (orange flavour if it makes a difference lol) jelly to make some sensory play jelly with and I wake up this morning and it’s not set! I did use a lot more water cos I wanted volume over flavour, I also added cooked spaghetti into it (loool sorry this post). It was on the bottom shelf of the fridge so I’ve moved it to the top, is it doomed to not set cos i fucked with the water vols? It’s sort of half set so we may use it anyway tbh. Thank you 🙏🏻

Reactions: 8
Sorry guys this isn’t fine dining but do we have any jelly making pros in here?

I bought the sugar free Hartley’s (orange flavour if it makes a difference lol) jelly to make some sensory play jelly with and I wake up this morning and it’s not set! I did use a lot more water cos I wanted volume over flavour, I also added cooked spaghetti into it (loool sorry this post). It was on the bottom shelf of the fridge so I’ve moved it to the top, is it doomed to not set cos i fucked with the water vols? It’s sort of half set so we may use it anyway tbh. Thank you 🙏🏻
Are you sure you're not secretly on Jack's recipe testing Patreon level?

Anyway, I'm not an expert, but I'd guess that's why. Jelly's quite a fickle thing sometimes.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
I'm not, there's one in our village but you have to order when everyone else does, and don't get to shop around or haggle yourself, which I prefer to do. It's so expensive at the mo 😑
Oh lord that's worse than us. We just call the only company we know and they turn up with the truck. But the minimum litres is pretty high!
Are you guys members of an oil club?
Pretty much haha. I'm very very far north so the gas line doesn't hit us. I used to have storage heaters (when I RENTed) and they were hell. So oil is actually an improvement lol.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.