Food and Drink #20

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
thank you for all your kind words. it's genuinely been a horrible day today and to see that people are thinking of me is so sweet ❤

a colleague who's working from home called me today in tears, and that is just not like her

mr kcc's having to deal with all kinds of stuff with his mother and brother, who are not coping well without his dad

jack's antics on the MT are just awful

and to top it all off, the 70k+ covid cases announced today is really freaking me out

to keep on topic for this thread, we've just had sausages, chips and beans for tea because sometimes, having a kids' tea makes you feel a bit better, doesn't it?

• Heart
Reactions: 20
thank you for all your kind words. it's genuinely been a horrible day today and to see that people are thinking of me is so sweet ❤

a colleague who's working from home called me today in tears, and that is just not like her

mr kcc's having to deal with all kinds of stuff with his mother and brother, who are not coping well without his dad

jack's antics on the MT are just awful

and to top it all off, the 70k+ covid cases announced today is really freaking me out

to keep on topic for this thread, we've just had sausages, chips and beans for tea because sometimes, having a kids' tea makes you feel a bit better, doesn't it?
10/10 would recommend. I’ve just had a bag of iced gems x

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Thanks to the current MT title (Poca), I've watched Rocket Man! Not a huge fan of Elton per se (Taron Egerton on the other hand...) but loved it. A great cheery up film with a happy ending and a chance to sing a long.

PS. When fake Elt was singing Tiny Dancer, I had visions of how Jackie must have pranced around the bungalow every time the John Lewis advert of a couple of years ago was shown.

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Babe same, not especially a fan of Elton’s sound but amazing film. I think I (Ill-advisedly) back to backed it with the Queen film Bohemian Rhapsody with Rami Malik and was quite depressed about the old days

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
Babe same, not especially a fan of Elton’s sound but amazing film. I think I (Ill-advisedly) back to backed it with the Queen film Bohemian Rhapsody with Rami Malik and was quite depressed about the old days
Bohemian Rhapsody was terribly sad. :cry: Brilliant film but sad. Thank LJC that Freddie had support and love from those closest.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I’ve not seen Bohemian Rhapsody yet, will remember to keep in mind that it’s sad.

Freddie was SO funny, it seems like in every interview he was just a riot. I’ve linked a clip of his funny moments below, and there’s so many more clips out there of him just being naturally hilarious.

His alternative lyrics for “One Vision” in this are 👏🏻😂👏🏻

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Is this the right time to confess that for a long time (too long) I thought the lyrics were 'Hold me closer, tie me down sir'?
It wasn't until I saw track listing for an album that I realised it was Tony Danza Tiny Dancer. 😳

• Haha
Hope everyone is ok. Things just seem to be sliding back to square one don’t they?

Today is meant to be my 🎂. But we aren’t making a big deal of it because the last two were catastrophically awful (mainly due to me being either ill or an idiot around food). So the gutters are being cleaned and we are having an M and S yummy meal tonight.

Sending out hugs to everyone. Sometimes, just knowing that there are people out there who laugh at the same thing or feel warm and cuddly when they see sheepos or Susan makes the day just a little bit better.

❤

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Happy birthday tunnel. You cant go wrong with a M&S meal.

With everything being to bleak its sheep and Susan that are keeping me going!!

• Heart
I’m planning on some m&s treats as well, going to have an expedition to the shops shortly.
I love how Susan has become no emotional support animal for people in the UK even though she lives down under!

• Heart
Hope everyone is ok. Things just seem to be sliding back to square one don’t they?

Today is meant to be my 🎂. But we aren’t making a big deal of it because the last two were catastrophically awful (mainly due to me being either ill or an idiot around food). So the gutters are being cleaned and we are having an M and S yummy meal tonight.

Sending out hugs to everyone. Sometimes, just knowing that there are people out there who laugh at the same thing or feel warm and cuddly when they see sheepos or Susan makes the day just a little bit better.

❤

• Heart
Reactions: 10
@Into_the_tunnel Happy Birthday from me and the gang! I love my occasional sightings of Tunnel Dog and I'm flattered that you guyses love Susan. She's a real character.
*Cher's voice*
"Welcome to Burlessssque"
04C411C3-7AFA-4ECC-B243-E73BD48187B2.jpeg

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
happy birthday tunnel! hugs to you too and anyone else who needs them ❤

i just saw this on twitter that someone wrote about jorts the cat who was mentioned on the MT yesterday and it put the light back in my eyes quicker than a packet of dylon, so i thought i'd share

it's to the tune of hallelujah

1639661180375.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Have forgotten how to post across threads but @Falkor posted this on the MT (the one that was just locked as there is a new thread now) and know some people don't frequent the MT or swerve it so thought I'd share the word here in case it's of interest:

Allegra's budget cookery book is 99p on Amazon Kindle today if anyone fancies it.

Amazon product

ETA: Happy Birthday @Into_the_tunnel

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Happy cake day Tunnel! What goodies do you have from M&S?

Absolutely nothing worthy of mention has emanated from la cuisine d’AlphaBetaDeux because I’m just fecking exhausted and am taking the easy options when it comes to food - macaroni cheese, potato wedges with some form of protein, just beige stuff, which is tasty but not noteworthy (take note Jack!). Have to go for a gestational diabetes test and looks like I’ll be getting induced early which could be interesting given the predicted state of the hospitals after Christmas 🤔

• Heart
  • Sad
Happy cake day Tunnel! What goodies do you have from M&S?

Absolutely nothing worthy of mention has emanated from la cuisine d’AlphaBetaDeux because I’m just fecking exhausted and am taking the easy options when it comes to food - macaroni cheese, potato wedges with some form of protein, just beige stuff, which is tasty but not noteworthy (take note Jack!). Have to go for a gestational diabetes test and looks like I’ll be getting induced early which could be interesting given the predicted state of the hospitals after Christmas 🤔
Fingers crossed with the test and possible induction. Does that mean baby ABD before Christmas?

No goodies yet, waiting for Mrs T and the car. I could get the bus but it would be filled with students on the way back now and unmasked teenagers does not fill me with glee.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.