Food and Drink #20

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The universe did a one-up on me being a moaner, a lovely man delivered it to my door and I caught him in time to give him a tip. He said he knows he’s the only one round here who comes inside and to the door.
that's good, I don't really order anything online but if I do I get it delivered to my parents as the delivery people here just dump everything in the corridor (often in full view of the street) and things just keep being stolen :rolleyes:

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
As the Universe I apologise dear heart
I assume despite heading home, you haven’t seen fit to make sure Chris’s Chippy is open so I can get some traditional double-carb Scouse Chinese Greek food?

that's good, I don't really order anything online but if I do I get it delivered to my parents as the delivery people here just dump everything in the corridor (often in full view of the street) and things just keep being stolen :rolleyes:
My last one was stolen, opened and put back hours later! Which made me feel great about my fashion choices, obvs.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
I assume despite heading home, you haven’t seen fit to make sure Chris’s Chippy is open so I can get some traditional double-carb Scouse Chinese Greek food?

My last one was stolen, opened and put back hours later! Which made me feel great about my fashion choices, obvs.
one of the times my house was done they tipped a box of stuff out and left my Everton season ticket on the floor. I was fuming.

• Wow
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
Sorry late on the pan talk but when my husband told me today he wants at least a 32cm frying pan for Christmas (he’s impossible to buy for and I’ve been asking for months now, so glad he’s told me with one week to spare??) I gasped and thought why didn’t he say this when everyone was talking about them?!

Does anyone have a Le Crueset one and are they worth it? I’m really not a posh foodie so this is outside my remit. I don’t get the cast iron thing either.

Reactions: 8
Sorry late on the pan talk but when my husband told me today he wants at least a 32cm frying pan for Christmas (he’s impossible to buy for and I’ve been asking for months now, so glad he’s told me with one week to spare??) I gasped and thought why didn’t he say this when everyone was talking about them?!

Does anyone have a Le Crueset one and are they worth it? I’m really not a posh foodie so this is outside my remit. I don’t get the cast iron thing either.
I have a Le Creuset frying pan. It’s very heavy (I know they all are), I use the shallow pan - it’s like a frying pan but the sides are higher and it has a lid. I find the two handles easier to use than the long frying pan handle. I hope that makes sense.

I have one that I got as a present, it is nice and looks nice but I have never used another cast iron pan so have no idea if it is better than any other, I don't think I would have ever bought one for myself tbh

• Heart
Reactions: 10
We have a Le Creuset frying pan but I really don’t reach for it, it’s so unwieldy! Bought one from ProCook and it’s 👩‍🍳 💋

• Heart
Reactions: 9

i have an eBay cast iron pan which is lovely but very heavy so it mostly lives in the oven where it is useful for roasting potatoes and also for making pies. I was given a Green Pan ceramic frying pan as a (I suspect quite spendy) birthday present and that is excellent (has its own lid which is a good thing) but I also get a lot of use out of a Sainsbury's wok with a flat bottom which is sturdy but light.

I have no pan advice I’m afraid, but I honestly think there should be a shop or a website called “Men Are So Hard To Buy For” with gift ideas. It’s an eternal struggle.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
I have no pan advice I’m afraid, but I honestly think there should be a shop or a website called “Men Are So Hard To By For” with gift ideas. It’s an eternal struggle.
I agree. My dad wanted a woolly hat that had to have a fleecy band inside but no bobble.

If you look, most of the ones without bobbles have no fleecy band and the ones with fleecy bands have bobbles.
😖

I have no pan advice I am afraid. I am a weak twit who is scared of cast iron ( read typical runner who is afraid of strength training).

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
I agree. My dad wanted a woolly hat that had to have a fleecy band inside but no bobble.

If you look, most of the ones without bobbles have no fleecy band and the ones with fleecy bands have bobbles.
😖

I have no pan advice I am afraid. I am a weak twit who is scared of cast iron ( read typical runner who is afraid of strength training).
if a cast iron pan is good for strength training maybe I should be using mine more :ROFLMAO: if in doubt I would go for something edible, or a voucher for something, maybe a restaurant meal/tickets to something

• Haha
Reactions: 7
if in doubt I would go for something edible, or a voucher for something, maybe a restaurant meal/tickets to something
I’ve literally just bookmarked your post because these are all such great ideas!

Does he want a cast iron one? Then you have lots of advice here. Or just a frying pan? If he just wants a frying pan then can I suggest THAT MANS range. He does a good range of shallow frying pans as well as the deeper ones to cook other things like risotto.

Mr Beds and I put a ‘chefs pan’ on our Christmas list. We went for a Berghoff Eurocast non stick sauté pan - mainly because we know a couple of people with one so have seen it in action/used it. It comes with a lid so can be used in the oven and the handle removes for that purpose as well. It’s obviously deeper than a frying pan so tells you the capacity as well as width (don’t think it goes up to 32cm so possibly redundant anyway).

Just a note - when I was looking at pans I checked (because we wanted one that could go in the oven also) what temperature the pan and lid could be used at in the oven as it can vary massively between the two eg the pan it’s self could be good up to 220° but the lid only to 180°. Each brand is different for this. This could be a null and void point if it’s just a frying pan you’re looking for though.

Mr Beds and I put a ‘chefs pan’ on our Christmas list. We went for a Berghoff Eurocast non stick sauté pan - mainly because we know a couple of people with one so have seen it in action/used it. It comes with a lid so can be used in the oven and the handle removes for that purpose as well. It’s obviously deeper than a frying pan so tells you the capacity as well as width (don’t think it goes up to 32cm so possibly redundant anyway).

Just a note - when I was looking at pans I checked (because we wanted one that could go in the oven also) what temperature the pan and lid could be used at in the oven as it can vary massively between the two eg the pan it’s self could be good up to 220° but the lid only to 180°. Each brand is different for this. This could be a null and void point if it’s just a frying pan you’re looking for though.
I love this level of pan detail!

• Haha
  • Heart
My husband does all the cooking here and we have a mix of Green Pan and Sainsburys cookware. He really rates both but does especially love the Green Pan items

Reactions: 6
On a PCR?? only ever seen results as quick as that on a lateral flow.
Still nothing here, checked junk etc. I’m not going anywhere today anyway so it doesn’t matter when it comes but I’m just on pins.
My teenager was waiting on results the other week, came on the 4th day! I thought it had been lost but they must have just been BUSY. Teenager was very pleased to have the time off school 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.