Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

MaineCoonMama

VIP Member
Hi everyone and happy Halloween! I'm separating from my husband which is why I've been so quiet. We are working out what to do with the cats and all that shit that goes with a separation. I'll be moving in with my step-dad who lives just over the border in South Australia. I'm very sad but also looking forward to being with my step-dad in his little country town.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 41

Universal

Chatty Member
Sorry, bit of a me rail but I have been offered the job I went for. I nearly cried when I got the call. Honestly, I have had such a tough year with separating and getting divorced and my self esteem is at rock bottom. I am so happy. The job will really make a difference to peoples lives who have a disadvantage. I would love to tell you what its is but 🔺. I just hope I can do it justice.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 33

MaineCoonMama

VIP Member
Hey @HotesTilaire, thanks for thinking of me. I'm going through a bit of a tough time at the moment so I'm just reading books and lying low until I get myself sorted out. I'll be back with furry bells on soon I hope. I'll leave you with a pic of Susan doing what she does best- weird shit!
30A71546-0AF7-40B9-A81C-A3B81D9DAFEB.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 32

Jay-cloth Cow

VIP Member
Fraus - I wanted to share my good news! I hope this doesn't come across as boasting as I really don't mean it that way - not sure if anyone remembers, but I went through a really tough time about 2 years ago, my MH was at an all time low mostly due to my job and being bullied by my manager - had 3 months signed off for anxiety and depression, went back for 6 months then left and got the job I'm in now. I absolutely love it, and am in a great place right now - and the other day my manager called me into a meeting room and said they are so happy with me that they wanted to promote me, but because there are redundancies going on in the business HR (where I work) can't be seen to be making people redundant then promoting within, so they gave me the pay rise I would have got if I was promoted, and a £100 amazon voucher as a little bonus 'it will help you buy stuff like toilet brushes and oven gloves that you need but don't want to buy for your new house'. I just wanted to share it as it's made me feel so good about myself and so valued, after being at a job which drove me to telling mr C I didn't think I could go on living anymore. Soppy moment too - you guys have been a real lifeline and comfort to me during the bad times and the good, so I want to thank you all ❤❤❤

• Heart
Reactions: 31
I think I mentioned a few months ago there's a vegan place near me that does a peanut butter and strawberry jam cheeseburger. Well, I finally reached peak 'fuck it' and got one, with ginger beer-battered onion rings and fries. It was (as you might expect) quite weird. I think the cheese is what was throwing me off.

20211113_182931.jpg

I was celebrating my birthday today, except that was the extent of my celebrating. My mum had good intentions and took me out quite a way to a non-specific coastal town 🔺 to go to a café for lunch. Unfortunately it was so busy that I got overwhelmed and had to leave before we had even ordered which I feel very bad about. A total of four people remembered it was my birthday: my parents, my sister and my grandma. This is the first year I haven't got a card from my other grandma, being as she is now quite DEAD. For some reason, even though I was demonstrably far more alone during the first lockdown when I didn't see anyone for months, I am feeling more alone than ever. I am also in a bad mood because I have injured my shoulder and am prohibited from bench pressing the Queen and instead can only press 3.5 large or 5 smol corgis max. Sorry for Misery Hour with TS, I'm going to get back to work on Festive Slopbot's new look.

• Heart
Reactions: 30

Professor Slop

Hello all!

I have some good news! I got made redundant a few months ago which necessitated a change of direction career-wise. I have finally been offered a permanent contract in an area involving computer coding, which I've always been interested in but thought I'd missed the boat. Stress levels are receding (and no more job centre appointments, thank goodness)!

Hope you are all well and I'm busy on my mega-grunk now!

• Heart
Reactions: 29

Universal

Chatty Member
I have been BUSY so just grunked the last few pages of this thread. I love the shift in gear and the topics covered over such a short space of time!

Back to a few pages ago we were talking about the cost of childcare and making career choices. I had two in nursery and continued to work at a high level, then took a lesser paid role with more flexibility. Its been at such a cost to my career as every single job I have had since has been pegged to the lower paid role, despite my employers having the benefit of someone with the experience of two decades in a highly skilled and strategic role. Its such a difficult choice for women and although it was my choice to spend more time with my children (which I loved) I feel like I am now paid less than my peers despite having more experience in the sector.

@Sideboard Bob I totally get where you are coming from with the social anxiety. Its something I have never thought about but there have been times I have put my children in breakfast club to avoid the school run recently when I just cant face other people. Sorry, no advice, I just know how it feels.

@traumatised sideboard chilli jam in that burger would be great. I sometimes have it on sourdough bread with avocado when I am feeling FANCY. I usually get mine from a muddy puddle.

Other updates:
  • I don't like peanut butter
  • I do like the idea of a cooked breakfast but it all ends up too much for me. Too disordered.
  • I like the new man too much, its never going to amount to anything.
  • I have had an interview for a job that I don't think without the encouragement of this thread I would have applied for. So many of you have done so well recently and I felt I could take a chance.

• Heart
Reactions: 27

kachoochoo

VIP Member
it's not the best pic, but it's what it represents

20211114_204034.jpg

we have just had dinner at the dining table for the first time since, idk, xmas maybe?

neither of us are the best when it comes to housework and we've both been exhausted/stressed/down/anxious for months now and the dining table became a repository for all of the crap.

anyhoo, in a distinctly uncharacteristic bout of energy and enthusiasm this week, I have completely decluttered and cleaned the living room, bathroom and dining table! and it feels amazing and I just wanted to share this little w with you all

dinner was entirely sourced from the riverbank ofc. well, we live by a river and lidl's on the other side

• Heart

Falkor

VIP Member
@Universal that's fantastic news and about the first thing to make me smile today, so thank you for sharing.

The ladies have been in the fields behind our holiday cottage for a couple of weeks, working their way through some longer grass and thoroughly enjoying it. Checked on them last night as usual, all fine. Went down this morning to finish cleaning ready for today's guests, first thing I saw was one lady on her back with all four legs in the air. Sadly I was too late and she'd gone. Without going into grim detail, the most likely reason is pneumonia - the weather has been abysmal and when they get wet and then dry off slowly the damp gets into their lungs (it's why you should never, ever bring wet sheep into an enclosed space, you'll probably kill off a load of them).

So rest in peace ewe number 34. Not one of the tamer ones, but still a good ewe who looked after her lamb well and did me proud. Because we're such a remote part of the mainland, on-farm burial is permitted here, so Mr F and I dug a big hole at the bottom of the field and buried her - and yes, I did cry - then put stones over the top which will hopefully stop the foxes coming down off the hill and scavenging. I'll check in the morning and add more stones if it looks like they've had a go, because the last thing I want is the guests' dogs smelling her and digging her up.

The ladies have been moved to a new field as if/when the foxes come down I'd rather they were out of the way. They're all a bit subdued too.

• Sad
  • Heart

Into_the_tunnel

VIP Member
Hope everyone is ok. Things just seem to be sliding back to square one don’t they?

Today is meant to be my 🎂. But we aren’t making a big deal of it because the last two were catastrophically awful (mainly due to me being either ill or an idiot around food). So the gutters are being cleaned and we are having an M and S yummy meal tonight.

Sending out hugs to everyone. Sometimes, just knowing that there are people out there who laugh at the same thing or feel warm and cuddly when they see sheepos or Susan makes the day just a little bit better.

❤

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I also have a pretzel cat picture although she's nowhere near as stunning as Susan. I try so hard not to laugh at her when she looks like this because she gets very offended, but on the other hand look at the absolute state of her.

a cryptid.jpg

• Heart
  • Haha

Into_the_tunnel

VIP Member
Can I just have a mini moan? I have spoilered it because it is long and listed.

1. My cluster headaches are back which they always are at this time of year (2 years ago were the worst ever and initiated the end of everything).Mrs T and my parents still think they can be fixed, which they can’t so I lie and don’t tell them they are this bad.

2. I am really trying with the food stuff I know with Christmas looming it will be hard and seeing triggery Mx trigger doesn’t help. I have been secretly using MFP again, was found out and 💥

3. Tomorrow I am going to hospital again
to try and sort out a year of period stuff. Huge anxiety over being weighed, maybe colposcopy mark 2 etc.

Sorry for all this. On top, the uni where I live is involved in another crisis showing it to be not in touch with current issues. The university dominates the city and the students don’t feel safe.

Tunnel dog says hello though .

5AF2CDB0-C3E7-4A9A-B3BA-E917AF67629C.jpeg

• Heart
I know I didn't ask first, as is customary, but I also drew Tunnel Dog. Bear in mind I am a professional, so I will actually need you to Paypal me £25 for this gift 🥰

tunnel dog.png

• Heart
  • Haha

kachoochoo

VIP Member
thanks, lads. ❤ it's been ok. He was catholic and, although I went to a catholic school and went to catholic services, I'm atheist and I've never actually done a church funeral before, only the crematorium. so all the 'stand up, sit down, stand up again, sing a bit, let's have another prayer, here's the transubstantiation bit' was all a bit much. and freezing! give me the comfy seats and central heating of a nice crem any day over the hard pews, stone floors and draughts of a mid-century suburban church!

anyway, it was widely agreed that it was 'a lovely service', 'a lovely spot' and 'a lovely spread' - all the hallmarks of a good send off

the regulars of the pub we had the wake in got dibs on the leftover buffet

I kinda felt grubby after being around so many people for the first time in nearly 2 years, convinced I'm gonna get covid or the super cold

I have dispatched mr kcc to his mam's to hang out with her, his brother and his son for a bit

I have my eye on a pot of instant mash for my lonesome tea. I have been influenced by this thread

sorry to bore on. thanks for asking, love this community ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 24

Sideboard Bob

VIP Member
This thread tonight is like this gif personified, I love it. We all really picked a good dark corner of the internet to do our evil trolling.

• Heart
@Mustard I think Holland & Barrett stopped doing frozen and chilled stuff, or at least they have where I am anyway. I can't tell you exactly where I got them from for 🔺 reasons but it was a shop that sells strictly vegan products so your best bet is online if you don't have one local.

Here is my pre-gym hot dog from earlier. The chunky stuff on top is onion, pineapple and pickled jalapeno relish. Please excuse the enormous chip in my plate, I am very clumsy.

20211026_123515.jpg

• Heart
  • Wow

kachoochoo

VIP Member
well, after the snow in the night, we've had a power cut and now the tv signal's gone and I'm gonna have to watch strictly on my phone, aren't I? fml 😫

anyhoo, as I promised over on the mt - TREE! (see, I keep to my to do list. sometimes.) it may not have £3k of crap on it, but we like it

20211127_164703.jpg

• Heart

kachoochoo

VIP Member
just need to vent a minute, sorry lads. so the shitty news i mentioned on the MT was that a colleague of mine died very suddenly yesterday

she was only a year or 2 older than me, not yet 40. she was lovely, so good with people, her and her husband were looking into adoption. it's so fucking shit

other thing is, this is the 3rd year in a row someone in my department has died around this time of year. feels like we're cursed

and on top of mr kcc's dad's death and all the other stuff going on in the wider world, not to mention money, stuff needing to be fixed in the car and at home, it's all a bit too much and it's fucking xmas!

yesterday, i basically spent the day on the sofa unable to relax because of my anxiety and I'm just exhausted now

sorry for ranting at you, but thank you all for being here ❤
/SPOILER]

• Heart
  • Sad