Food and Drink #20

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm not sure what I'll do, we are at the 'Merry Christmas your arse' part of the Fairytale of East Melbourne so I'm probably going to just hang out with my lovely cats and spend the day on the phone to family and friends. And copious amounts of time on Tattle.
This time next year I'll be at my step-dad's and he has a big family so I'll be focusing on the future and eating lots of cantaloupe and blueberries.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I don’t like them. But, same, I hate the weird veggie and vegan efforts - nut roast with apricot and cranberry in, or blue cheese if you’re really unlucky. I will be having Linda’s and my potato will be mashed. Followed by Cartmel Sticky Toffee Pudding.
I’ve given up on them too. I do like Quorn roast but Quorn doesn’t like me so I overdose on roasties and veggies and ignore a ‘main’

• Heart
Reactions: 10
We have this ridiculous electric system called THTC - Total Heating Total Control - which was installed across large parts of the Highlands years ago. We have 2 electricity meters, the second one just has all the heating stuff on it and is charged at a lower rate, which was something like 7.5p per kwh when we moved here and is now more than double that. The heating circuit is controlled by Scottish Power, who look at the weather forecast for your area and switch power on for the circuit up to 4 times a day when they judge it will be most needed. We have storage heaters in the kitchen, hall and on the landing, panel heaters in the bedrooms (which work any time you turn them on), an electric towel rail in the bathroom and a woodburner in the living room which also does the hot water. It's never properly warm in winter and the direct debit for the electricity bill is now at £249 a month, up from £95 a month when we moved here 13 years ago. And we can't switch suppliers because no one else will touch the two meter set up - I think some economy 7 tariffs can cope with it, but then all the heating units will be on standard rates.

We were hoping to move out temporarily next month so we could gut the house, insulate it properly and put an air source heat pump and underfloor heating in, but despite starting the process in June or July we haven't even had a quote through yet, let alone got a building warrant. I spend most winters looking like the Michelin man in several layers of fleece jumper! Mr F was born up here and just wanders around in a t shirt not noticing it. Git.
I hope you can get your heat pump as soon as possible.

Reactions: 9
@Falkor ground source and air source heat pumps are in really short supply at the moment and are expensive as a result - hope you already have yours. I had a very long conversation about them last week in work and have said the words 'heat pump' more in the last week than I have in my entire life!!! 🔺 :)

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Oh I totally understand about your initial reasons for volunteering. I am lucky that my ex has let me have the children this year but I am not looking forward to handing them over on Boxing Day. The one good thing about Covid is that no one is 'helpfully insisting' that I go to their house for the day. I plan on a walk and some nice food, I'll read my books, tidy the house and Tattle!!
Fancy a yomp up Rose Lane to get chippy?

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I’ve made a new thread give me a second to link

This way for more discussions about sheep, heat pumps, weather person hidden talents and anything else!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.