Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

dee_mc

VIP Member
Their house is on around 120 acres, which is the size of about 2000 tennis courts... I think Piggy is doing OK 👌

• Haha
Reactions: 35

EllPee

"It's a funny one, isn't it?" and "I feel like so many people have already been." Yeah, the selfish rich arseholes you're friends with or related to, maybe.

And "I'm double jabbed." River ain't.

Smca53

VIP Member
I don’t live in the UK but our state has been on lockdown for almost a year. Our gov just announced maybe opening back up June 30. But I have known people who have traveled this whole time. I honestly don’t give a flip about her going to Dubai. She isn’t the only one who went, I understand why they wanted to go, I understand why she wanted to keep it private, it’s just a nonissue for me. People keep bringing it up like she is the only person who traveled or lied about it, move on! Throwing it back at her over and over is pointless and it was months ago.

I have had miscarriages and took time off work to grieve and not have people looking at me and asking about it. I don’t blame her for being sensitive for that. She has a gorgeous daughter but we don’t know how her miscarriages are affecting her mental health.Maybe that was why they decided to go to Dubai and escape their daily lives. Sitting in your house (no matter how grand) and grieving while losing a baby would make anyone want a change of scenery. Her life is online and parts of it very public, but that is so tender and painful and not something you want 100,000 of your closest friends involved in intimately.
What a terrible take. No one deserves a holiday because of anything they were going through. Do you think her having “a change of scenery” to make herself feel better (about something which you are purely speculating about - but for the purposes of this post let’s assume you’re right) is more important than people who could have actually died because of her actions? As was said many times, if she wanted a “change of scenery” she could’ve visited another part of her massive country estate. Perhaps she could’ve even ventured in to one of the rooms in her mansion that she’s never been in before! And to think that I’m not even exaggerating here.

• Heart

Shutterbug99

VIP Member
So happy for Fleur that she can finally get away. It's been *such* a long time since she was on holiday. She's been stuck on that pokey little estate for months now without a break.

Screenshot_2021-06-03-09-34-40.png

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 34

QueenBW

VIP Member
What does Fleur need a vacation from, though? Her easy job flogging products she doesn't even like to her viewers? Her country manor? Trips to London? What exactly does she need rest from?

I'd get it if she were an NHS nurse who's been through hell on earth over the last 15 months. Or even an office worker stuck in a windowless room in a flatshare for most of the last year.

Can she go on vacation? Yep. Should she? Debatable.

• Heart
Fair game considering that she behaved like an uncultured twat in Japan and has no friends of colour
That's ridiculous to call someone a racist because they have no friends of colour. All my friends are white. That wasn't a conscious decision, more that I've met my friends through my school, university, work and my children's school and these have all been predominantly white places. I wouldn't choose friends on the colour of their skin but whether we got on well. Am I supposed to hunt out friends of colour to prove I'm not racist? Many of my daughter's friends are from Indian families because they are in her class at school.

• Haha

Nope Nope

fleur.JPG

Sorry but these Canada Goose shoes she bought from Bicester Village are like something a teenage emo would have worn in 2006. And CG's are normally priced at over 300 £ so even with the Village discount they're not cheap.

These were followed by some feminine Sandro pieces that looked much nicer. I wish she'd abandon the whole emo gypsy rocker thing 'cause she never gets it right.

• Haha
Reactions: 33

Mathilderose99

Just signed up to say this… anyone notice in the latest story about the mural in River’s wardrobe, the private/ prep school boater hat? Given how the education system maximises and perpetuates the class and wealth divide I can’t say I’m surprised but it makes me livid. I know parental choice exists but I never see her speaking out about the massive amount of inequality in the UK and it disappoints me that she wants to help fund and facilitate a system that causes so much suffering for people in both state and private schools. I asked her if she’s sending River to a private school on her most recent Instagram Q&A and of course she ignored me. The education system is one of the core reasons why British society is so divided and meritocracy doesn’t exist
I think there are a lot of problematic things about Fleur but she's not the only person in the country who may send their child to a private school. I do think sometimes influencers can't win.. would you really expect someone not to give their child the best opportunities they can just because their job is to show their life online?

• Haha

Rosie2019

Yeah, I remember that as well.
The worst things for me, by far, are wearing new clothes before washing them, washing Piglet in her sink and dirty chapped nails and cuticles.
Do you honestly wash everything before you wear it? What if it was dry clean only, or wool/silk or a coat or scarf or something? I couldn't be arsed with that.

Shutterbug99

VIP Member
Wow! In those stories she makes it seem like she hasn't been away since January 2020! My guess is she has blocked everybody who ever called her out on the Dubai Debacle and is now just acting like it never happened. Is she for real?!

Also, when she was in Cornwall, she said she didn't have any other trips booked for this summer. I said at the time that just because she didn't have anything booked didn't mean she wasn't planning on going anywhere - she just hadn't booked yet. She is so sneaky!

Reactions: 32

LittleBluebird

VIP Member
Imagine having such a grand estate & unlimited wealth and then choosing to be an influencer where you beg for and shill product and gifts.
To have so much already and then constant want and need more more more.

EllPee

No, no it doesn't. This really pisses me off. A holiday is a holiday, a staycation is using annual leave and doing day trips/garden sunbathing. Are people really saying that families who can only afford to go away within their own country have never had a proper "holiday"? It's so snobby.

"Staycation" has just been market-speaked up by AirBnB/Booking.com to make their emails sounds jazzier.

• Heart

ahtisyourself

VIP Member
I must be the only one who hasn’t a clue what I look like from side profile. These idiots have too much time on their hands to be obsessing over every angle

bookish

I just looked up this Fleur East situation and offffffff - not a good look for a white, upper-class woman gatekeeping the French language (not her native language) from a black woman and setting her audience off on the black woman.

Talk about total white privilege oppression that poor FE has to go up against all the time - white woman entitlement.

• Heart
  • Wow

Smca53

VIP Member
Right I don’t like Fleur at all anymore but I genuinely don’t think this is race-motivated for her. I think she would have done it no matter what race the person was.

What I DO think is that she wouldn’t have done it if she’d considered the other person to be more influential or of a higher class than her, someone with more power. Which is probably why she’s taking public issue with FE rather than the actual publisher of the headline. She’d only take such a stance against someone she considered herself to be better than.