Fleur De Force #6 To Buy or not Dubai

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not to defend her but it’s a case of damned if you do, damned if you don’t. People will complain it’s showing off etc if she publicises her holiday and they’ll complain she’s sneaky if she keeps it quiet 😂

I think a lot of people were pissed off at her being deliberately deceptive around going to Dubai so she thought duck it, I’ll just share it. To be honest I don’t actually blame her for going. I’ve got heaps of mates who’ve been doing weekends away to hotels or camping since we’ve been allowed to.

And if it’s just one household travelling by car to e.g an airbnb house, then it’s a far lower covid risk than say, sitting on a plane with 100 people or staying In a huge resort with 500 other families.
Damned if you do... well yes, her actions shouldn’t be forgiven so yes, she should continue to be damned. But she won’t because she’s Fleur.

Reactions: 3
My explore page on Instagram has just informed me that Fleur is in Cornwall.

On behalf of the people of Cornwall, I just want to let you know that we do not endorse this. This is NOT a sponsorship.

Bet she doesn’t even buy a pasty.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I’ve not watched her since the Dubai saga which I think was awful behaviour. The pair of them are snobs who really don’t grasp how the other half live. With that being said, I don’t see what’s wrong with them going to Cornwall. I tbh don’t blame them... and at least she’s not hiding it this time! She can legally go on holiday (this time!!!) and seems to be staying in an Airbnb which is more Covid safe.

Reactions: 5
What does Fleur need a vacation from, though? Her easy job flogging products she doesn't even like to her viewers? Her country manor? Trips to London? What exactly does she need rest from?

I'd get it if she were an NHS nurse who's been through hell on earth over the last 15 months. Or even an office worker stuck in a windowless room in a flatshare for most of the last year.

Can she go on vacation? Yep. Should she? Debatable.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Lol! It's almost as if Fleur read your post and went right out and got herself a pasty!

View attachment 602774
Damn, she actually got a proper pasty as well! And from the bag and the car park in the background (and how tragic is it that I know this from those clues), I reckon it could be Ann’s Pasties on the Lizard, in which case those are actual proper Cornish pasties.

Sooo... I guess she can stay 🤷🏼‍♀️ But we still won’t sponsor her, mind!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I will just say that obviously mental health is hugely important but you don't need to go the seaside for your mental health, Fleur certainly doesn't and that's who we are talking about. I will also add that it was totally legal and within guidelines to go to Ireland from England last Christmas and I know of 2 people that died as a direct result of it. I know that's different than staying in and air b and b, but it all come down to the same thing. Stay where you are. A staycation in meant to be in your locality.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
This is exactly what Fleur wants, for us to turn on each other and forget the mess she made of things over Christmas - don’t do it! ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 20
What’s the vaccine protocol where she is? In my state I have gotten mine and I am a SAHM to an essential worker. We have multiple vacations planned this year (going on one next weekend) and just keeping our distance while we do so.

didn’t they go to Cornwall a few year ago with friends and rave about how fun it was? also, genuinely asking; what do YOU consider to be a staycation? A 10 minute drive? A 5 hour drive? I think I consider it 1-2 hour drive. How far is it from where they live to Cornwall? I have been to England twice but never ventured too far from London except day trips.

Reactions: 2
didn’t they go to Cornwall a few year ago with friends and rave about how fun it was? also, genuinely asking; what do YOU consider to be a staycation? A 10 minute drive? A 5 hour drive? I think I consider it 1-2 hour drive. How far is it from where they live to Cornwall? I have been to England twice but never ventured too far from London except day trips
Staycation's in the UK mean holidaying in the UK rather than going abroad 🤷‍♀️. So it doesn't matter how far you travel away from your home if you stay in the UK it would be considered a staycation. I understand a staycation has a different meaning in other countries such as the US.

Also, its about a 5 hour drive from her place to Ann’s Pasties on the Lizard in Cornwall (mentioned in an above post)....asuming that she's there 🤷‍♀️ .

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
No, no it doesn't. This really pisses me off. A holiday is a holiday, a staycation is using annual leave and doing day trips/garden sunbathing. Are people really saying that families who can only afford to go away within their own country have never had a proper "holiday"? It's so snobby.

"Staycation" has just been market-speaked up by AirBnB/Booking.com to make their emails sounds jazzier.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
What’s the vaccine protocol where she is? In my state I have gotten mine and I am a SAHM to an essential worker. We have multiple vacations planned this year (going on one next weekend) and just keeping our distance while we do so.

didn’t they go to Cornwall a few year ago with friends and rave about how fun it was? also, genuinely asking; what do YOU consider to be a staycation? A 10 minute drive? A 5 hour drive? I think I consider it 1-2 hour drive. How far is it from where they live to Cornwall? I have been to England twice but never ventured too far from London except day trips.
Also to answer on vaccine protocol, the 30s are being vaccinated at the moment. Anyone with underlying health issues have been done too. If Mike accepted the vaccine, he would have been vaccinated however not sure on Fleur, would have thought she’s not had it as she could be pregnant/is trying for a baby. There are no vaccine passports though so doesn’t make a difference in terms of where you can and can’t go. Solely to protecting the person vaccinated

No, no it doesn't. This really pisses me off. A holiday is a holiday, a staycation is using annual leave and doing day trips/garden sunbathing. Are people really saying that families who can only afford to go away within their own country have never had a proper "holiday"? It's so snobby.

"Staycation" has just been market-speaked up by AirBnB/Booking.com to make their emails sounds jazzier.
It’s basically a domestic holiday but like you have said, they’ve given it the staycation name which I suspect is from the states?

Reactions: 1
Yes, I will die on this hill! :D

I'm mentioning it because there was a post on a previous page that Fleur calling it a holiday meant they couldn't possibly be going somewhere not involving a plane. But she was correct. The whole point is that in the US "vacation" literally means to vacate your house, "staycation" is time off work without going anywhere.

Reactions: 14
Also it takes like, minimum 15 hours to drive across the U.K. and I think that estimate of time is without the stops that you would inevitably need. That’s not a staycation to potentially travel so far.

Most kids aren't even being vaccinated yet and being vaccinated doesn't mean you can't have covid 100% anyways, you could still spread it and have little symptoms/ill-effects. So idk to me having a vacation to a touristy spot of any kind seems dumb and irresponsible. Apparently a lot of people don't care though. People need to live their life sure but Fleur being someone with that kind of reach to a huge amount of impressionable people should be more responsible. At the very least not post about her vacation (cause no one would care then).

Reactions: 9
Yes, I will die on this hill! :D

I'm mentioning it because there was a post on a previous page that Fleur calling it a holiday meant they couldn't possibly be going somewhere not involving a plane. But she was correct. The whole point is that in the US "vacation" literally means to vacate your house, "staycation" is time off work without going anywhere.
okay this make such perfect sense it never occurred to me!! But then is camping considered a vacation? You are not in your house but also not staying somewhere fancy per se? I mean tent camping, not in a trailer. This staycation/vacation debate is interesting to me. One other point, I don’t consider 2 nights away somewhere local a ‘vacation’ but rather a get away or long weekend. I think n vacation implies ~4+ nights. Also I am in Seattle, Washington with 15+ destinations within a couple hours drive.

This is not related to our current state and corona, we are now lucky that we are able to go anywhere, but why does she tend to repeat her holiday locations?
Apart from Dubai - that was new xD.
With her resources, I would always try out new places, sometimes go back to the ones I've really loved, but branch out a little bit. They have a house in Portugal, but are able to travel to places around it. Always the same skiing resort in Austria, always LA and NY, now Cornwall. Don't get me wrong - it is really beautiful and I know we are creatures of habit deep down, but still..

I don’t think she’s actually asking for inspiration, she’s trying to fake explain her absence from social media, when in reality she’s just laying low until Dubai dies down.
People have short memories and the Dubai debacle has come and gone. Don't get the feeling that she is vey interested in vlogging anymore which is fine. Time to move on and find a new career.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.