Fathering Autism #125 Turning MLM tricks while Abbie gets sick. Somebody better call CPS quick!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I went back to see what this was about, but Im stumped.
Maybe I need to hire a teacher.
😹 😹
Whale Rocket..
Looking at Guillermos picture…he reminds me of…
Think in terms…specifically a term that was very recently highlighted
R word bad. Bad word..Bad!
Does that help? Do I need to play Ass and practice some ABA?
😹❤😘❤😹
We used the bad word growing up all the time. I was called the bad word many times throughout my childhood. I am not the bad word, at least I don’t think I am. 😹
We had a boy in my neighborhood that rode this jacked up 10 speed. Pedals were all messed up. He loved it. 😂 He had an initial name, T. R. He was known around the neighborhood as Totally R…..
It is crazy how time changes things. 😜
Maybe Guillermo has a jacked up 10 speed loaded up in the back of his creepy white van. 😹 (Better Call Saul reference..the van part)

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
I had debated sharing pictures of my knee after surgery, I didn't want to take away from the vlog. But seeing as some of my co-workers don't believe I had anything done, because I came back to work so fast, I will share them as proof LOL. It went very well, I was back on my feet the same day, as well as up until I went back to work. I get my stitches out this week, and find out from the doctor how well it all went.
1st pic is day one.
2nd is day two, icing my knee, and you can see my doctors initials on my upper thigh, that is how he knew which leg to operate on😉
3rd is after I removed the bandages.
4th was yesterday, just getting air to my stitches.
Did you have a knee replacement? I need both of mine replaced 😕 Have already had both hips replaced. That was pretty rough.

• Sad
Reactions: 9
I had debated sharing pictures of my knee after surgery, I didn't want to take away from the vlog. But seeing as some of my co-workers don't believe I had anything done, because I came back to work so fast, I will share them as proof LOL. It went very well, I was back on my feet the same day, as well as up until I went back to work. I get my stitches out this week, and find out from the doctor how well it all went.
1st pic is day one.
2nd is day two, icing my knee, and you can see my doctors initials on my upper thigh, that is how he knew which leg to operate on😉
Congratulations! You're healing so well!
I have been off work since Sept. 8th for 2 spinal decompression and fusions, and a cyst on my spine.
My recovery, well, not recovered. I'll probably use a walker for the rest of my life (Im 50) and my back pain is still awful.
The nerve damage was too great. I shouldnt have any new damage since I am basically nuts and bolts from the neck down, but I can no longer walk or stand unassisted.
I finally get to return to work July 5th, after this last round of physical therapy.
I CANT WAIT!!!! My PT asked if I was certain I wanted released to return.
Yes. I'll get a damn scooter if I have to, and roll it like George Costanza! I need to get back to life! 🙂🙂

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Dear Precious Jesus.
smh…
Bless IT!
😹😂😜😂😹
View attachment 1338968
How do I put this delicately? Let me just say this…
When I saw Grabby Guillermo’s face in this vlog, I thought to myself..HA! This is right on topic for what has been discussed earlier today on Tattle. I am not offended by words, but for those that are…..
My whiskers are sealed.
❤
Gotcha.....

• Heart
Reactions: 8
And here’s the gross part. Because they film it, and filming is their job, they can write off all their eating out as a business expense. Everything we see them by, used, eat, drink, is used as a business write off. It’s disgusting
I'm sure he is trying to write off part of the RV and anything he can think of that he bought for himself that he says is "for Abbie"

• Sick
Reactions: 22
1st pic is day one.
It looks great and I'm glad you are on the mend. 👍

Chiming in with one of my Long Posts since people are talking about the use of intellectual disability to replace the r-word. Since the societal use of language is one of my areas, I figured I'd drop some info on that.

(Been a rough couple weeks, my sick kid is sick in new and crappy ways. I'm so tired.)

As a side note, I believe there is some auto-blocking of some iterations of the r-word here so I'll use abbreviations like "r-word."

Years ago, mental r- was a diagnostic medical term. It was like saying someone is diabetic.
As tends to happen with conditions that involve mental and/or behavioral health, the medical term entered the popular lexicon, and over time it moved from common use to slang use. As it entered slang use, it was no longer a useful medical descriptor like "diabetic;" r-word was used as an insult to demean people.

This poses several problems. An obvious issue is that, by common use of r-word as an insult, the actual medical condition of intellectual disability and those who live with the condition are viewed on the wider scale as bad. It's simply hurtful speech. One could argue that someone with an intellectual disability has a bad condition, or that they don't understand the word or how it's used to mock others so it doesn't matter, but the mentally r-/intellectual disability umbrella is broad and the vast majority of people with an intellectual disability do, in fact, understand what's being said and how their medical condition is used to mock and belittle.

The larger problem, however, is that the r-word's eventual use as a slur leads to dehumanization. Dehumanization of a group, such as those with intellectual disabilities, is a process where that group is gradually (or sometimes rapidly) viewed by increasing segments of society as less than human or as not-human. Dehumanization at its worst leads to our history's worst atrocities, though before it reaches that point it also has very real effects. As a group, such as those with intellectual disabilities, is dehumanized -
Education suffers. They "can't learn," they're "not worth it," the money can be better spent on "worthier" students, they'll never contribute to society anyhow.
Physical healthcare suffers. They don't feel pain like we do, it's too hard to draw blood or do x-rays, they're just having a tantrum.
Mental & behavioral healthcare suffers. Sedate them, pile on meds instead of taking the time & effort for regular therapy, every single thing in the Maass household.
Living & social situations suffer. Institutionalization increases, the conditions in institutions deteriorate (look up Willowbrook), participation in general society is discouraged, violence increases.

In general, the goal of dissuading the use of terms like the r-word is to stave off the dehumanization that comes with its use as a slur before the process reaches the later, more dangerous stages. It's like a game of whack-a-mole. Intellectual disability used to be known as feeblemindedness, cretinism, idiocy, and many other diagnostic terms before it was called mental r-, and all of those terms followed similar paths. They entered the common lexicon, became insults and/or slurs, and negative repercussions for those affected followed.

It's not a matter of political correctness. It's a matter of decency, and of protecting the well being (and sometimes the actual lives) of members of our society.

Thank you for coming to my TED talk.
I'm sorry to hear about your kiddo you are such a good mama - that's why you are tired. Sending healing light to your sick child and to you.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
1st pic is day one.
Arent you going to physical therapy after surgery??

Reactions: 6
Congratulations! You're healing so well!
I have been off work since Sept. 8th for 2 spinal decompression and fusions, and a cyst on my spine.
My recovery, well, not recovered. I'll probably use a walker for the rest of my life (Im 50) and my back pain is still awful.
The nerve damage was too great. I shouldnt have any new damage since I am basically nuts and bolts from the neck down, but I can no longer walk or stand unassisted.
I finally get to return to work July 5th, after this last round of physical therapy.
I CANT WAIT!!!! My PT asked if I was certain I wanted released to return.
Yes. I'll get a damn scooter if I have to, and roll it like George Costanza! I need to get back to life! 🙂🙂
Ah, geez, Rocket. Your strength and perseverance are phenomenal.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
1st pic is day one.

Reactions: 4
At the end of today's vlog, Asa said that they will have planned interaction for Abbie now that she is being homeschooled. We NEVER see Abbie with people from her school now. Yeah, we see Katalin and Kaidlae, but they aren't there because Kadile and Abbie have some friendship. When Abbie has had a birthday does she have anyone from JSA other than Kadile and Kaytlin?

Reactions: 16
No, no physical therapy. I had arthroscopic surgery, mainly to avoid a knee replacement at this time. I can already do things that I wasn't able to do before, because of all the damage...I now wish I had also had the other knee done the same time. I'm greedy LOL. Supposedly my doctor is the best in the area, I am now starting to see why.

I am smug, because Pigzilla would never be able to have this surgery, unless she dropped a ton of weight. And even at that, it might be as Extreme as knee replacement. Make note that she is 17 years younger than me. She spent $15k, just to be a failure, I did it on my own-0 dollars spent... and I was a success losing 100 lbs, and having kept it off. I don't have near the wrinkles on my face that she has, and without makeup and slimming apps, she really looks like an old hag. I will also be able to now lose the rest of my weight, because I can workout again. She is stuck gaining weight, and there is no end in sight. I can't believe that both of them have gone this long without having a doctor address there obesity🤷‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 22
At the end of today's vlog, Asa said that they will have planned interaction for Abbie now that she is being homeschooled. We NEVER see Abbie with people from her school now. Yeah, we see Katalin and Kaidlae, but they aren't there because Kadile and Abbie have some friendship. When Abbie has had a birthday does she have anyone from JSA other than Kadile and Kaytlin?
Abbie doesn’t interact with anyone. No offense, but how is this helpful for her? They literally barricaded her on the one side. I’m sure she was getting into everything. Maybe she would do better with some one on one interaction. She actually avoids the other kids. So him saying with homeschooling this is the interaction they try and do, I get it with a neurotypical child. Abbie on the other hand could care a less about this. Wonder how much candy they got to go for P….uh I mean Abbie 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Chiming in with one of my Long Posts since people are talking about the use of intellectual disability to replace the r-word. Since the societal use of language is one of my areas, I figured I'd drop some info on that.

(Been a rough couple weeks, my sick kid is sick in new and crappy ways. I'm so tired.)

As a side note, I believe there is some auto-blocking of some iterations of the r-word here so I'll use abbreviations like "r-word."

Years ago, mental r- was a diagnostic medical term. It was like saying someone is diabetic.
As tends to happen with conditions that involve mental and/or behavioral health, the medical term entered the popular lexicon, and over time it moved from common use to slang use. As it entered slang use, it was no longer a useful medical descriptor like "diabetic;" r-word was used as an insult to demean people.

This poses several problems. An obvious issue is that, by common use of r-word as an insult, the actual medical condition of intellectual disability and those who live with the condition are viewed on the wider scale as bad. It's simply hurtful speech. One could argue that someone with an intellectual disability has a bad condition, or that they don't understand the word or how it's used to mock others so it doesn't matter, but the mentally r-/intellectual disability umbrella is broad and the vast majority of people with an intellectual disability do, in fact, understand what's being said and how their medical condition is used to mock and belittle.

The larger problem, however, is that the r-word's eventual use as a slur leads to dehumanization. Dehumanization of a group, such as those with intellectual disabilities, is a process where that group is gradually (or sometimes rapidly) viewed by increasing segments of society as less than human or as not-human. Dehumanization at its worst leads to our history's worst atrocities, though before it reaches that point it also has very real effects. As a group, such as those with intellectual disabilities, is dehumanized -
Education suffers. They "can't learn," they're "not worth it," the money can be better spent on "worthier" students, they'll never contribute to society anyhow.
Physical healthcare suffers. They don't feel pain like we do, it's too hard to draw blood or do x-rays, they're just having a tantrum.
Mental & behavioral healthcare suffers. Sedate them, pile on meds instead of taking the time & effort for regular therapy, every single thing in the Maass household.
Living & social situations suffer. Institutionalization increases, the conditions in institutions deteriorate (look up Willowbrook), participation in general society is discouraged, violence increases.

In general, the goal of dissuading the use of terms like the r-word is to stave off the dehumanization that comes with its use as a slur before the process reaches the later, more dangerous stages. It's like a game of whack-a-mole. Intellectual disability used to be known as feeblemindedness, cretinism, idiocy, and many other diagnostic terms before it was called mental r-, and all of those terms followed similar paths. They entered the common lexicon, became insults and/or slurs, and negative repercussions for those affected followed.

It's not a matter of political correctness. It's a matter of decency, and of protecting the well being (and sometimes the actual lives) of members of our society.

Thank you for coming to my TED talk.
Thank you, @CoffeeMomof2, for your perspective. You had me at lexicon. ❤ I’ve been in healthcare long enough to witness some of the changes in vocabulary and sensitivity you’ve mentioned. Regarding Willowbrook: While in college, I had an internship that included extended study at Coldwater State Home in Coldwater, Michigan. It was quite a sobering experience for patient care and “warehousing” in a decaying facility that was over 100 years old. Short-staffed, the compassionate care providers were outnumbered by numbed veterans. It was often all they could do to feed and medicate, so patient hygiene was always behind. One memory Ive kept was of a 10-year old boy, whose body was failing, but not his brain. He had muscular dystrophy and used a child-sized electric wheelchair. He was routinely placed in a large, dimly-lit room, with metal benches lining the walls. The benches were bolted to the floor. Individuals with profound IDD were draped over the benches and in fetal positions on the floor. The boy would hum and was quite joyful in this environment, even with patients scattered around him, non-verbal, moaning, shouting out, and soiling themselves. I asked the boy how he remained so joyful, trapped in his declining body (and this hell hole). He said that he gave each of the patients a name and would serpentine around them for hours, talking to them and making up the stories of their lives. His family could no longer care for him and lived hours away. He looked forward to their monthly visits. Watching Abbie, I am often drawn to this memory.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Ah, geez, Rocket. Your strength and perseverance are phenomenal.
You're too kind. 🙂
Believe me, I've had my share of pity parties these past months.
So many people have it much worse -now I feel ashamed for being such a whiner for so long. 🤢

• Heart
Reactions: 18
This is what I found online
Intellectual disability (ID), once called mental re*********, is characterized by below-average intelligence or mental ability and a lack of skills necessary for day-to-day living. People with intellectual disabilities can and do learn new skills, but they learn them more slowly.

So yup it’s basically just the PC word for it
Honest question....Is IDD the same as mentally ******** but they changed the wording?

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Why couldn’t he just sit back? Her arm is in front of him.. there was nothing keeping him from leaning back, away from her arm. I don’t believe for one minute her one arm could strangle him so badly that he couldn’t lean back. He was talking about how he was into acting a few clogs ago… maybe he was acting here
When I watched this my immediate reaction was he’s full of tit. Sit the hell up boy, she didn’t have you in a head lock. I could see them all sitting around brainstorming like ok guyths, we need blood, aggression, tit smearing or fighting, views are down what’s it going to be today. Do you need help, is what they say to him because they can’t tell if he’s playing or not?!? Why should a brother and sister wallow around on each other to the point where that question needs to be asked? These people are beyond dysfunctional.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Nothing in that house, nothing...is especially for Abbie except the gate on her bedroom door, and the locks on the fridge and pantry.

Where are all her sensory toys? Her table tasks? Put away out of site. There's nothing in that house that's for her benefit. Its heart breaking ...my boys have a swing, trampoline , their squishies, bean bag chairs...fidgit spinners...clickers, etc... They have special baskets in rooms, a sensory room etc...

Why don't they make the inlaw suit a sensory room for Abbie? Or the down stairs room? They have the upstairs living room for TV. Because it doesn't fit Lardasses decor?? The camping isn't for Abbie, selfie world....where Asa says one day Abbie might be able to run!?? In what world??

There's not one thing these people do that actually put Abbie and HER needs first, not a damn thing! abbies like their golden goose...the big tax right off.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 26
That hideous ‘whatever the hell she is wearing’ made its appearance again. 🤦🏻‍♀️
E52903C6-C85E-42D8-9060-74EF44645EFA.jpeg

ASSa’s girth is expanding 🤔🤣😂😂
119D61A1-D72F-4A0B-8013-03CE387F4854.jpeg

Why was Abbie sitting on the floor and
why were her feet so filthy so early in the day? 🤢👣
2EDCE64E-C2E9-4CB8-B4F4-EF853D66EB9C.jpeg

• Sad
  • Sick
That hideous ‘whatever the hell she is wearing’ made its appearance again. 🤦🏻‍♀️
View attachment 1339166
ASSa’s girth is expanding 🤔🤣😂😂
View attachment 1339167

Why was Abbie sitting on the floor and
why were her feet so filthy so early in the day? 🤢👣
View attachment 1339181
Do the EVER eat anything that isn't brown ? No need to answer. All of their colons must be up the spout, their arteries clogged with cholesterol. Lets see how it plays out health wise. Going to be so interesting for them to get their wake up call. But, they won't act on it will they? Who are we kidding?

• Sick
Reactions: 15
Watch out ladies...Duran is lurking around the FA Facebook comments, wanting to be friends and hitting on teenage girls.
Screenshot_20220613-001018~2.png

Not sure what that pink line is. Creepy. Just like this guy:
Screenshot_20220613-000212~2.png

Does Abbie look like she wants to say something? Any hoo,
Just one massive redwood equals one whole Abbie.
Screenshot_20220613-000141~2.png

She's gotta be over 300
Screenshot_20220604-012803~4.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.