Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Kyeza84

Ok so I only came across this site yesterday and over the last 24hours I’ve read through pretty much everything about family fizz and it’s heartbreaking but strangely reassuring that I’m not the only person that is concerned about Mia and how she is being brought up.
Over the last few years since I last saw Mia and her deciding she didn’t want anything to with me or the rest of her family (which I have been convinced was pushed onto her), all I have been able to do is send regular messages (which aren’t even looked at) and suffer with the rejection no parent should ever have to experience from their child, just for not fitting into the other parents plans. Georgie has had no intention of helping me see Mia, no matter the fact I begged for help, her response was always “it’s Mia’s choice”. Mia was 11 at the time this first happened and it should’ve been a priority to have both parents in her life constantly, not just when it suits!
On Mia’s birthday I tagged her in a message on YT in a hope that she would see it and at least acknowledge it with a comment or direct message, but I didn’t and haven’t heard anything. I then asked for some help from a couple of her fan pages to help bring it to her attention but.. I’m presuming family fizz got involved and shut it all down as if It’s wrong for Mia or anybody to know who I am! (The fan pages gave a posted apology for getting involved)
I’m sorry to dump this stuff on all of you but this has been going on for too long and I’m fed up with being labelled as deadbeat, alcoholic, drug using dad who isn’t there by choice.. I am non of those things and never have been, the only things I have ever been addicted to are my family, coffee and cigarettes (unfortunately) 🙈

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 73

peterbread

I used to be a fan of Family Fizz in the Gran Canaria days but after going back to them after a few years I cant believe what they are now. I really think they want to disconnect from the online world but dont want to lose the income that lets them live their life without actually engaging in society. I watched their homeschool video and fact that Sienna does 10 minutes a day of maths is just sad. Mia seems to be doing nothing- she says writing her book is like english at school which just shows she has no idea what level people the same age as her are at at school. At GCSE it's compulsory to study 19th century literature which takes a lot more skill than writing recipes for a book. I find it so rude that they're constantly putting down normal schools when it works for 99% of the population.

• Heart
Reactions: 50

Kyeza84

Georgie saying she respects me, to me that's just her way of saying she doesn't want anybody to truly know anything about her past..
its no wonder most people judge me before hearing my side of what has happened because if you google 'Mia's real dad' and look on a few of the bio pages they clearly say that I was an alcoholic, drug addict and that Georgie isolated herself from me, I have managed to get this removed from a few sites over the last several months because this is majorly incorrect however, these site got that information from somewhere... as you can imagine I have my own reputation to maintain and this is a major factor to why I am coming forward now.

i'm not really sure how she gets Mia abroad without my consent, all I can tell you is, I have never been asked for it since Gran Canaria.

the calls and text slowly stopped while they were in Gran Canaria, I did have a little bit of communication with Mia when they were in Brighton but again this soon stopped when I kept asking when I would next see her.

I just hope, like a lot of you have said, that some day Mia gets curious and reaches out.

thank you all for listening and hearing me out, I have been so nervous about going public, especially as they keep getting bigger, because to be honest I was just expecting hate!

• Heart
Reactions: 48

Kyeza84

As a parent we all strive to do what we feel is right for our children to bring them up in the correct way with strong morals, a good education and the ability to learn from mistakes, to name a few. Unfortunately sometimes we make mistakes or wish we had of done things a little different, whether that’s through lack of understanding or feeling we are doing what we feel is right for our children, one of mine was when Mia’s other family decided to make the choice to become vegan. I didn’t believe, through lack of understanding, that this was a suitable or sustainable way of life for any child and this new idea was probably a fad, brought on by watching a documentary, which would soon die off. As a result, I did not agree nor want Mia to participate in this new way of life so I refused to go along with it and was then accused of bullying Mia because I had the best intensions for Mia’s health at heart, yes I made the wrong judgment at the time and after a while, it became clear to me that this was not a fad and Mia truly wanted this for her life so I done my research and to the best of my ability tried to accommodated her needs.

After this was sorted, Mia was still having regular contact with us to the point where before they were to move to London, Mia asked to move in with us because she didn’t want to move to London. Everything was put in motion for this to ahead and she was even enrolled in our local school with a start date for the Monday after they moved, obviously Georgie was disappointed this was going to happen but as far as I am aware she was willing to see this through and everything was going ahead until the Friday of the weekend of their move. Now I understand that children change their minds and it can be scary to not see your mum every day but the weekend before their move Mia was still excited and looking forward to it. Mia and I were so close up to this point, it seriously broke my heart for the sudden change of plans.

After very infrequent visits but lots of skyping Mia and Georgie approached me about staying in Gran Canaria for 6 months, it took a lot of persuading and practically destroyed my relationship with Mia because I said no to start with.

I’m sorry its just dawned on me as I wrote that last bit, that’s what killed my relationship with Mia. This is the first time I’ve ever written all this down, opening old but new wounds

So, while they were in Gran Canaria Georgie decided to message me saying they weren’t coming back yet and it would be maybe another 6 months before they do. As you can imagine I was furious about this so the sought legal advice.

The solicitors I spoke to all gave me the same advice, whilst they weren’t in the country there isn’t much I can do, but on their return I would be able to apply for an access order from the courts, if I did this and the agreed contact was not stuck to then I could keep bringing it back to court and get it enforced, however because, by the time Mia was to return to the UK she would be 12 and the courts would ask how she felt about contact with me and considering she said she didn’t want it because I originally said no to her going, the court would do nothing. So the harsh reality of it was, yes you have rights but you cant enforce them unless you’ve got an endless supply of money, time and no other family to house or feed. Plus by doing this you also run the risk of damaging the relationship with the child by keep taking their other parent to court. A serious catch 22.

So I decided to seek Georgie’s help by asking her to put herself my shoes etc. and you already know from my earlier message how that went. That didn’t work and slowly over time and as FF got bigger the calls, texts and messages slowly stopped getting replied to, I figured so long as I message every so often to remind Mia I am still here then hopefully one she will return to me.

That was until Saturday

I'm sorry about the length of this but I've got a lot to say.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 47

Kyeza84

Look I'm not even gonna get into the question of whether or not I believe this because really... it doesn't matter. Ironic that this post came out after Mia referred to Darren as her stepdad to a million people, so I'd say there's a 98% chance that you're actually a 14 year old girl. But anyway, I'd say the same thing whether you're a random poster or her actual father - this is sad. I'm saddened if Mia has been brainwashed into thinking her father doesn't care about her and doesn't want a relationship with him. I think her life could be so much different than it is. And if it WAS up to her whether or not to see her father, I totally agree that age 11 is way too young to make that decision.
Having said that, if her father wants to see her and has let it go as is for 5 years... I dunno what to say. He has had legal rights as a parent for years, oh which he could have pursued at any time.
So anyway, if you are who you say you are, I'm sorry this has happened and I don't agree with what happened at all, but also I don't feel you fought hard enough as a father should for time with his daughter, I'm sorry.

Edit:
Hmm okay so I actually kind of believe you... your username is the same as a Twitter account with a pic of "K Bateson" and a kid who looks like Mia... and that's mia's legal last name... hmm. If you didn't realize that until now I might recommend changing your username here. Just a heads up that we think the family fizz people also patrol here so...

edit again: is this you??. That video made me a bit sad... looks like she has a lovely family with all of you and it was so nice of you to make that... but also I know there are two sides to every story... Mostly I'm sad that Mia is not acknowledging this whole other part of her life
I will reply to this a bit later today, sorry I don’t have the time right now because it’ll have to be a bit lengthy.
Just to clarify me going public has nothing to do with Mia calling Daren her stepdad, it is solely to remind her, We are still here, we all miss her and love her so much! This is the only way I can see to get that information to Mia as all other means I have/had to contact her get ignored and done for a very long time.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 41

Kyeza84

The letters in a jar is a lovely idea, thank you for that 😁
That is so true about non stop holidays and financial freedom, that would also appeal to most adults, let alone children.
I didn’t agree with Mia being home schooled at all! When they moved away G assured me that Mia would be going to school there, that was until after they moved when she admitted she didn’t have anything arranged before moving so was going to home school until she found her a place near them, which obviously never happened... I was so annoyed about that, especially because she had a place at a school near me! There wasn’t much legally I could do about that either unfortunately so in the end I said I needed some form of regular assessments done to make sure she was progressing properly.. these never happened either.
as for not doing GCSE’s I’m truly gutted 😞

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 37

Prettyinpink25

Literally came here to say did anyone else wonder what the hell at those presents? Her grandparents of all people got her a present she actually asked for and all her bloody parents (sounds like mostly Georgie as Darren asked her if the wooden pets were too young for her but Georgie got them anyway) could get her we’re wooden toys that were too young for her so she could share with her sister!!
No Karma should not be allowed to open Sienna’s presents it is not about Sienna getting used to having younger siblings Karma needs to be taught now that that behaviour isn’t appropriate and it’s not her birthday!
Georgie could you maybe put the baby down for a second to give your crying daughter proper hug!! I know she was happy but I can’t stop thinking about her little face when she sat on the bed by herself and broke down!

Sorry for the long rant but they are just ridiculous!!

• Heart
Reactions: 36

Blue Rose

VIP Member
Darren would probably say that reading old texts is bad for children because they have values that most are against nowadays. It’s not like when writing essays on these texts students compare the contemporary views to modern day ones. I wonder if Mia has ever read a book released before she was born. I’m not saying everything has to read older books to be considered a book lover and qualify to write books, but all any of them seem to read is modern books about why eating animals is murder. From the way they speak (Darren saying ‘what’ instead of ‘that’ makes my blood boil) they don’t seem to have a very wide vocabulary, something most children learn from reading. Even if a child doesn’t enjoy reading I’m sure most primary schools instill it’s importance into them by having silent reading at school as well as group reading where you read together and the teacher explains things so the children can develop their literacy skills. For a family who are seemingly very big advocates for everyone having the same rights (Mia donating to girls education for example) they don’t actually seem to practice what they preach. Their channel has been declining since they moved to LA and just decided to go traveling with no stability and now their children won’t even have an education to fall back on. It doesn’t matter how good Mia’s Spanish and editing skills are none will employ her in any proper job without at least having GCSEs or some other basic qualifications. Poor Sienna’s going to get such a shock if she carries on her dream of becoming a scientist when she applies to ways to get into her dream only to realise that her basic understanding and random facts she’s picked up aren’t anywhere near enough skills to get an actual job. Those parents think their amazing by letting their kids effectively do what they want, when really their setting them up for failure.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 33

Tublet83

VIP Member
Tbh I don’t blame them the Inghams are in Portugal, I would move across the world to get away from them as well 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 33

Kyeza84

guys can someone please please talk about this. mias dad was in the picture until she was eleven, why arent they talkinh abiut this in videos?? they make it seem as if he left when she was like five what the f
that is a very good question @bethljohnston, I have been asking myself why I’ve been portrayed the way I have for a while now and I am now at a point where I can finally address this.

• Heart
Reactions: 32

Kyeza84

No I didn’t particularly want to be doing the whole social media thing because I didn’t really want to be in the public eye, but that now seems like it’s the only option I have to get some form acknowledgment and to clear my name and reputation.
DM’s on Instagram are the only way I have to contact her, I’ll admit, I haven’t done it anywhere near as often as I should but it’s hard and upsetting to keep in contact with someone that doesn’t even look at your messages, especially when they’re broadcasting their lives to the whole world yet won’t even look at one of yours.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 31

turtleneck10

Anyone else get annoyed with Georgies lastest insta post on breastfeeding?
I'm really pro fed babies. Way too many babies are going hungry around the world and if you need to use formula to make sure your child is getting all of the nutrients, I hate to hear any judgment on that. Sure, a lot research shows that breast is "best" nutritionally/immunity-wise but even more research shows that a starving child is at high high risk of more issues. So if you're not producing enough breast milk to keep your child well fed (or you just choose not to breastfeed!), the healthiest other option for growth is to supplement or use formula. And honestly screw anyone who makes others feel they're not doing enough for their babies. (Almost) everyone is trying their damn hardest and nobody should be made to feel guilty about their choices for feeding their own child.

• Heart
Reactions: 30

poppyflower

So they’ve moved to Latin America, apparently the worst hit region in the world (alongside Asia) in terms of coronavirus. Many countries there have low testing rates so the full extent of the pandemic is not known. Perfect place to jet off to so Mia can practice her Spanish, right? They’ll probably be relying on her to communicate for them given the fact they barely got past learning “hola” in Gran Canaria

Do you think they got health insurance? I doubt it given their attitude to the virus and modern medicine in general. They are putting those poor kids in danger and I hate how nothing can be done about it. Darren and Georgie need parenting classes as well as a basic education
what i dont understand is, why do they move around the world, because all they do is stay at home. whats the point. i doubt they take anything away from living in different countrys other that the houses get more flashy and the kids wear more expensive brands 😂 its funny how before they started traveling, they were much better people, but travel turned them into materialistic snobs, its supposed to be the opposite way.

• Heart
Reactions: 30

Je9876

I have just had a skim through Mias Instagram account... on most photos there is comments from older men, “i would love to stick it inside you hun” “nice sexy tits” “sexiest girl I’ve ever seen” are just a few examples.
On a ‘try on video’ where she tried on 7 different outfits the thumbnail is of her in the one bikini she tried on (boobs practically falling out!).
I don’t watch her YouTube videos but according to a commenter she no longer refers to her viewers as miacorns, possibly she is going to steer away from the teenage audience and make it more of a older channel... which really wouldn’t be a bad thing as I worry about the image some of her young naive followers are getting from mias accounts lately! I really feel that G and D guided her to post certain content knowing it gets the most views, exploiting your child at its finest.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 29

UmChileAnywaysSo

First time poster here! But I started watching Family Fizz when they lived in Gran Canaria and they were called Vegan Family TV. I really enjoyed them back then and then over time I just couldn't watch anymore. They just became very cringy and fake and it was hard to keep up with all the moving and stuff. But I am so glad more people are talking about them now and so much has come out. Mia's channel is insanely inappropriate; posting videos about periods, bras, boobs, and puberty at like 12/13/14 years old and basically being pimped out by Darren and Georgie. And to find out that her audience is primarily adult men is even more disturbing. Darren always gave me a creepy vibe.

What kind of info
Channel analytics, like who watches their videos. Apparently Mia's audience on Mia's Life is 76% adult men 😬

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 28

PurpleBroccoliBetch

It’s completely unfair! I feel awful for Sienna, she seems like a sweet and intelligent girl but is definitely the most ignored child as she hasn’t naturally got a Disney channel persona (compared to Mia, and no this shouldn’t be a goal for a child)

I think Darren, Georgie and maybe Mia herself are trying to market her like a JoJo Siwa style character. The inappropriate content makes this more difficult though, and Mia is only a couple years younger than JoJo whose time left playing this sort of character is limited

Does anyone actually care about what country they are in? They’d be producing the same content whether they were in Mexico or Mozambique. Travel is wasted on them
i agree that no one cares about where they are, we only deeply care about the wellbeing of the children. I cannot stand this preachy vegan bollocks, them saying how we should all be saving the planet yet they fly 'halfway around the world' every few months so they can avoid paying tax in any country, literally fuck this family they are one of the most hypocritical preachy lying cult families on youtube. darren is a narcissistic controlling nasty man, trust me the truth will come out soon

turtleneck10

Ok so I only came across this site yesterday and over the last 24hours I’ve read through pretty much everything about family fizz and it’s heartbreaking but strangely reassuring that I’m not the only person that is concerned about Mia and how she is being brought up.
Over the last few years since I last saw Mia and her deciding she didn’t want anything to with me or the rest of her family (which I have been convinced was pushed onto her), all I have been able to do is send regular messages (which aren’t even looked at) and suffer with the rejection no parent should ever have to experience from their child, just for not fitting into the other parents plans. Georgie has had no intention of helping me see Mia, no matter the fact I begged for help, her response was always “it’s Mia’s choice”. Mia was 11 at the time this first happened and it should’ve been a priority to have both parents in her life constantly, not just when it suits!
On Mia’s birthday I tagged her in a message on YT in a hope that she would see it and at least acknowledge it with a comment or direct message, but I didn’t and haven’t heard anything. I then asked for some help from a couple of her fan pages to help bring it to her attention but.. I’m presuming family fizz got involved and shut it all down as if It’s wrong for Mia or anybody to know who I am! (The fan pages gave a posted apology for getting involved)
I’m sorry to dump this stuff on all of you but this has been going on for too long and I’m fed up with being labelled as deadbeat, alcoholic, drug using dad who isn’t there by choice.. I am non of those things and never have been, the only things I have ever been addicted to are my family, coffee and cigarettes (unfortunately) 🙈
Look I'm not even gonna get into the question of whether or not I believe this because really... it doesn't matter. Ironic that this post came out after Mia referred to Darren as her stepdad to a million people, so I'd say there's a 98% chance that you're actually a 14 year old girl. But anyway, I'd say the same thing whether you're a random poster or her actual father - this is sad. I'm saddened if Mia has been brainwashed into thinking her father doesn't care about her and doesn't want a relationship with him. I think her life could be so much different than it is. And if it WAS up to her whether or not to see her father, I totally agree that age 11 is way too young to make that decision.
Having said that, if her father wants to see her and has let it go as is for 5 years... I dunno what to say. He has had legal rights as a parent for years, oh which he could have pursued at any time.
So anyway, if you are who you say you are, I'm sorry this has happened and I don't agree with what happened at all, but also I don't feel you fought hard enough as a father should for time with his daughter, I'm sorry.

Edit:
Hmm okay so I actually kind of believe you... your username is the same as a Twitter account with a pic of "K Bateson" and a kid who looks like Mia... and that's mia's legal last name... hmm. If you didn't realize that until now I might recommend changing your username here. Just a heads up that we think the family fizz people also patrol here so...

edit again: is this you??. That video made me a bit sad... looks like she has a lovely family with all of you and it was so nice of you to make that... but also I know there are two sides to every story... Mostly I'm sad that Mia is not acknowledging this whole other part of her life

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Wow

Cockleshell Bay

VIP Member
I feel Karma needs to be told the word NO a lot more, I felt for Sienna trying to open her presents and as usual Karma totally dominating the situation. You can tell Karma doesn’t mix with children her own age and she has not learnt the ability to start sharing, let’s hope Koa can learn to stand up to her as currently she dominates every vlog......

• Heart