Family Fizz #4 How about surprising your kids with stability?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What a horrible and frustrating situation for you to be in đŸ˜Ș can I just say how much Mia looks like you! It seems she has been well and truly brain washed

Reactions: 5
Me and my mother don’t have the same last name, and we have never been questioned flying out when it was just us two, only when we come back in through passport control in the UK and all it was, what is your relation to the child then they would ask me if I knew this woman and who she was. They’d do a quick run through in the computer to see if I was reported missing and then let us through. Never had an issue. Had more issues just flying out with my father, even though we have the same last name.
Just to add light to the situation.... once I went on holiday with my step mom, I was I think 13 at the time? And when we went through passport control in the UK the man went through the whole who am I, and then if I know her and who she was to me.... well, I sarcastically said no, long story short they weren’t happy and almost took my step mom for questioningđŸ€Łshe couldve smacked the tit out of me after lmao

• Haha
Reactions: 13
At the start of this video from 2019 Georgie says Mia’s dad has not been in their lives for a long time. She doesn’t acknowledge that it wasn’t his choice not to be in her life. At time stamp 7:10-7:20 she says she doesn’t want to talk about him much as she’s respects him so I’m confused because if you respect someone why would you allow them to be cut off from the daughter you share together? Why would you ignore his messages? Georgie clearly had a difficult upbringing with her mother being very religious I can see how hard that was for her by how she speaks but I do believe it’s left a big impact on her that she doesn’t realise as she now is raising her own children in a cult like bubble and she finds it easy to cut people out. We’ve no idea how Mia feels about the situation or her exact reasons for not wanting to keep in touch with her dad but I respect that’s private and between the three of them. I’ve had a difficult family situation similar to this I think that’s why I can see how hard it can be for people involved.

Reactions: 7
Another thing we have to consider with Family Fizz is the amount of embellishment (to put it mildly) they very likely put about their lives before, and even after, they were YouTube stars. People think they're seeing an unfiltered look into their personal lives, but they aren't. They edit. They hide. They lie. Because it's personal and what they are projecting in their videos is an image. Nothing more.

Georgie saying she respects me, to me that's just her way of saying she doesn't want anybody to truly know anything about her past..
its no wonder most people judge me before hearing my side of what has happened because if you google 'Mia's real dad' and look on a few of the bio pages they clearly say that I was an alcoholic, drug addict and that Georgie isolated herself from me, I have managed to get this removed from a few sites over the last several months because this is majorly incorrect however, these site got that information from somewhere... as you can imagine I have my own reputation to maintain and this is a major factor to why I am coming forward now.

i'm not really sure how she gets Mia abroad without my consent, all I can tell you is, I have never been asked for it since Gran Canaria.

the calls and text slowly stopped while they were in Gran Canaria, I did have a little bit of communication with Mia when they were in Brighton but again this soon stopped when I kept asking when I would next see her.

I just hope, like a lot of you have said, that some day Mia gets curious and reaches out.

thank you all for listening and hearing me out, I have been so nervous about going public, especially as they keep getting bigger, because to be honest I was just expecting hate!

• Heart
Reactions: 48
Georgie saying she respects me, to me that's just her way of saying she doesn't want anybody to truly know anything about her past..
its no wonder most people judge me before hearing my side of what has happened because if you google 'Mia's real dad' and look on a few of the bio pages they clearly say that I was an alcoholic, drug addict and that Georgie isolated herself from me, I have managed to get this removed from a few sites over the last several months because this is majorly incorrect however, these site got that information from somewhere... as you can imagine I have my own reputation to maintain and this is a major factor to why I am coming forward now.

i'm not really sure how she gets Mia abroad without my consent, all I can tell you is, I have never been asked for it since Gran Canaria.

the calls and text slowly stopped while they were in Gran Canaria, I did have a little bit of communication with Mia when they were in Brighton but again this soon stopped when I kept asking when I would next see her.

I just hope, like a lot of you have said, that some day Mia gets curious and reaches out.

thank you all for listening and hearing me out, I have been so nervous about going public, especially as they keep getting bigger, because to be honest I was just expecting hate!
For what it’s worth you come across as totally genuine to me. I feel so gutted for you that you’re going through this. I feel desperately sad for Mia too. Not to mention her half siblings who don’t even have another family waiting to welcome them should they decide to turn their backs on Darren and Georgie at some stage.

Have you thought about making an instagram account and recording lives and making posts periodically about how you miss Mia and generally updating her on what you’re doing etc via social media. We know she has insta and has a laptop. She may just see it.

Whatever you decide to do next I’m wishing you all the best

Reactions: 23

I’m truly sorry this has happened to you and that the only way for Mia to notice you is by going public with all of this. As a parent of two children I can’t imagine the pain your going through .

After reading your side to this and hearing about the extended stay in Gran Canaria years ago , I feel like all their travelling is Georgies way of cowardly running away from you and the situation .
she’s probably afraid that once they land in the UK you'll have more rights to Mia and try and have a relationship with her that Georgie can’t control .

I think you’ve done the right thing by going public with This , you’ve not shared anything bad for them to take offence too your just expressing your love for your daughter and cleaning up the name they gave you .

have you tried reaching out to Mia on instragram dms? I wonder do Darren and Georgie sensor those or do they go straight to Mia....?

If you went to a fan forum, you might have received hate, but we're not a fan forum! It sounds like you've got yourself into a pickle here... but her responding to your messages when she was in Brighton is a good sign too. I hope things work out for you and Mia... she's lucky to have a loving father and whether Georgie likes it or not, you will always be Mia's Dad.

Reactions: 11

You seem like a nice guy who just wants to see his daughter again don't give up mind come here and vent if you need to

Reactions: 6
No I didn’t particularly want to be doing the whole social media thing because I didn’t really want to be in the public eye, but that now seems like it’s the only option I have to get some form acknowledgment and to clear my name and reputation.
DM’s on Instagram are the only way I have to contact her, I’ll admit, I haven’t done it anywhere near as often as I should but it’s hard and upsetting to keep in contact with someone that doesn’t even look at your messages, especially when they’re broadcasting their lives to the whole world yet won’t even look at one of yours.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
No I didn’t particularly want to be doing the whole social media thing because I didn’t really want to be in the public eye, but that now seems like it’s the only option I have to get some form acknowledgment and to clear my name and reputation.
DM’s on Instagram are the only way I have to contact her, I’ll admit, I haven’t done it anywhere near as often as I should but it’s hard and upsetting to keep in contact with someone that doesn’t even look at your messages, especially when they’re broadcasting their lives to the whole world yet won’t even look at one of yours.
Hey. Your video to her was really lovely. Keep reaching out and hopefully she will come back to you. If this sounds like something you'd like to do I'd suggest buying a glass jar and you and your family can write letters of everything you want to say to her put the date on them and fold them up. It would be a really nice thing for her to be able to go through when she is older and can reach out. Sending all my love

• Heart
Reactions: 19
It could be because she has loads of DMs from fans that she's not checking them?

Reactions: 4
At least nobody can say you never tried !
We all can see how nice and genuine a man you are. Anyone in your situation would do the same if they had to. You have been left very hurt and upset and you must be one very strong person to be able to get on with your day to day life when all of this is upsetting you inside.

You love her and miss her it’d be a good thing for her to have you in her life but it’d be hard for her to see that the life she’s living really isn’t good for her. Nonstop holidays , being treated like an adult a lot of the time , financial freedom to have anything she wants and not having to go to school all appeals to her because that’s all she’s been used to for the last 4 years sadly when there’s more things in life that are way more important to have like her real dad that she’s missing out on and Georgie and Darren are the ones who have her living that lifestyle and it’s changed Mia and not for the better which is sad cause she genuinely seems like a lovely girl who was easily influenced by them.

If Mia hasn’t seen the DM’s or is purposely ignoring them either way it hurts you and I wish she would reply to you because it’d be one of the best things she ever did. I’m not sure if Georgie or Darren control her account so maybe they’ve deleted messages or they don’t let her read them ? They’re trying to live in this little perfect bubble where Darren is the perfect father figure who raised Mia cause her dad “ isn’t in our lives anymore ” when in reality her real dad has been trying forever to be in her life but they don’t want him in it which is so wrong of them to push you out like you’re nothing. I really hope you get some luck with all this and you see Mia again.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
@Kyeza84. I am so sorry that you’ve been pushed out of Mia’s life, I always wondered whether you were as bad as family fizz seem to imply you were but can definitely see that you truly love your daughter and are nothing like we were lead to believe. I was wondering how you feel about Mia being homeschooled and now not actually getting any qualifications like GCSEs. Mia’s said she first starting homeschooling when she was around 11, you mentioned having some contact still until she was 12 so were you given any say in this? Sorry if this is a bit personal but I feel like something as important as decisions about a child’s education should garner input from both parents.
I really do feel for you, I can’t imagine what it’s like to see your daughter’s life be broadcasted for all the internet to see but not be an actual part of it. I hope you can be together again soon. Stay strong and keep fighting. ❀

• Heart
Reactions: 15
The letters in a jar is a lovely idea, thank you for that 😁
That is so true about non stop holidays and financial freedom, that would also appeal to most adults, let alone children.
I didn’t agree with Mia being home schooled at all! When they moved away G assured me that Mia would be going to school there, that was until after they moved when she admitted she didn’t have anything arranged before moving so was going to home school until she found her a place near them, which obviously never happened... I was so annoyed about that, especially because she had a place at a school near me! There wasn’t much legally I could do about that either unfortunately so in the end I said I needed some form of regular assessments done to make sure she was progressing properly.. these never happened either.
as for not doing GCSE’s I’m truly gutted 😞

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
That is so true about non stop holidays and financial freedom, that would also appeal to most adults, let alone children.
I didn’t agree with Mia being home schooled at all! When they moved away G assured me that Mia would be going to school there, that was until after they moved when she admitted she didn’t have anything arranged before moving so was going to home school until she found her a place near them, which obviously never happened... I was so annoyed about that, especially because she had a place at a school near me! There wasn’t much legally I could do about that either unfortunately so in the end I said I needed some form of regular assessments done to make sure she was progressing properly.. these never happened either.
The most heartbreaking part in all of this is that if it was you who had taken Mia away Georgie would be able to get access easier as a mother.
More needs to be done to help fathers get access to their children. My mums friends son has 2 kids, Mums taken them and gone into hiding and the police won't tell him anything even though they know where she is!

Reactions: 11
I don’t know if G monitors Mias social media so that could be why you’re having no luck, along with how many followers she has. I would maybe message her art account as it has less followers and it would be more likely she would see your message on there. I’m so sorry this happened.

This is one of the reason Darren has always irritated me he thinks he’s always right and his beliefs are what everyone else should think and follow. He had a huge negative influence on Georgie and then Mia. This video is over 3 years old but still instead of him congratulating Mia and encouraging her to do well at school he changes the subject to how you only need grades if you want to work for someone else . She’s 12 years old in this hardly anyone knows for sure what they want to in the future at that age so why encourage her to focus so much on being a youtuber when school is important too. Nobody likes every subject at school or getting homework and getting up early but that’s life and by doing all those things it helps you get through life . Learning to study is a skill too and having friends your own age who you can moan about teachers and homework to is part of the memories of school. Fair enough when you leave school you might go down a route that is completely different from geography or English you did in school but one day those things you learned in school may become something you’re interested in again and at least it’s a qualification you have if you ever have to use it .

It took Georgie saying well done to Mia a few times for Darren to actually say well done to her too but from then you could see Darren planting the seed in both their heads that YouTube is everything being a youtuber editing your videos earning money is all you need. All I have to say is well done Georgie and Darren your daughter can edit a video and has made money but the poor girl has no friends, spends her days alone in her room filming things or drawing with nobody her own age to bond with , has most likely been turned against her real dad who genuinely loves her and misses her but he has been pushed out of her life as well as siblings she doesn’t see or have a bond with either anymore and she didn’t even get a chance to think about careers she might be interested in besides YouTube cause her whole life is focused around a camera . Seeing how poor Sienna spoke to the camera for the dress prank was disturbing how trained she is to be cringe and fake and how other kids her age are in school learning things and playing together but she’s missing out on all that by making money for her parents online. They say money is everything in this world and yes having money helps you a lot but I’d rather not have much money while having a good dad then have the life Family fizz do.
Time stamp is 1:30-3:30

• Sad
Reactions: 8
No parent is perfect. They deserve a chance with their child unless it's absolutely not good for the child. If there really has been nothing majorly bad in Mia's dad's circumstances, there's no need to deprive her of her father. More kids are brought up in blended families and I guess Mia's dad didn't fit their plans. Mia is an extremely lucky girl seeing the world, but there would be nothing wrong in having 2 families that would make 1 huge support and love network - that would make her more lucky.

I don't know if you could get a 16-year-old back. I mean she's legally still a minor and be in Year 11 if she was in the UK. And if Mia was younger (like 13) and said she wanted to stay with her mum, I guess UK officials and professionals would leave it because it would be Mia's wishes, her best interests first and if she was deemed competent.

Before Mia's dad speaking up, I always found it strange why Darren wouldn't want to claim Mia as his own daughter (like as much as Sienna) and be called dad. I know it was said in a vlog it was done to respect Mia's dad...but if they've kept him away, it's a bit messed up.

Reactions: 6
Before Mia's dad speaking up, I always found it strange why Darren wouldn't want to claim Mia as his own daughter (like as much as Sienna) and be called dad. I know it was said in a vlog it was done to respect Mia's dad...but if they've kept him away, it's a bit messed up.
This also might explain why they skip around the world frequently and don't seem to have a fixed abode. Who knows what else Darren is hiding/running from?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.