Family Fizz #4 How about surprising your kids with stability?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I used to be a fan of Family Fizz in the Gran Canaria days but after going back to them after a few years I cant believe what they are now. I really think they want to disconnect from the online world but dont want to lose the income that lets them live their life without actually engaging in society. I watched their homeschool video and fact that Sienna does 10 minutes a day of maths is just sad. Mia seems to be doing nothing- she says writing her book is like english at school which just shows she has no idea what level people the same age as her are at at school. At GCSE it's compulsory to study 19th century literature which takes a lot more skill than writing recipes for a book. I find it so rude that they're constantly putting down normal schools when it works for 99% of the population.

• Heart
Reactions: 50
Darren would probably say that reading old texts is bad for children because they have values that most are against nowadays. It’s not like when writing essays on these texts students compare the contemporary views to modern day ones. I wonder if Mia has ever read a book released before she was born. I’m not saying everything has to read older books to be considered a book lover and qualify to write books, but all any of them seem to read is modern books about why eating animals is murder. From the way they speak (Darren saying ‘what’ instead of ‘that’ makes my blood boil) they don’t seem to have a very wide vocabulary, something most children learn from reading. Even if a child doesn’t enjoy reading I’m sure most primary schools instill it’s importance into them by having silent reading at school as well as group reading where you read together and the teacher explains things so the children can develop their literacy skills. For a family who are seemingly very big advocates for everyone having the same rights (Mia donating to girls education for example) they don’t actually seem to practice what they preach. Their channel has been declining since they moved to LA and just decided to go traveling with no stability and now their children won’t even have an education to fall back on. It doesn’t matter how good Mia’s Spanish and editing skills are none will employ her in any proper job without at least having GCSEs or some other basic qualifications. Poor Sienna’s going to get such a shock if she carries on her dream of becoming a scientist when she applies to ways to get into her dream only to realise that her basic understanding and random facts she’s picked up aren’t anywhere near enough skills to get an actual job. Those parents think their amazing by letting their kids effectively do what they want, when really their setting them up for failure.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
Darren would probably say that reading old texts is bad for children because they have values that most are against nowadays. It’s not like when writing essays on these texts students compare the contemporary views to modern day ones. I wonder if Mia has ever read a book released before she was born. I’m not saying everything has to read older books to be considered a book lover and qualify to write books, but all any of them seem to read is modern books about why eating animals is murder. From the way they speak (Darren saying ‘what’ instead of ‘that’ makes my blood boil) they don’t seem to have a very wide vocabulary, something most children learn from reading. Even if a child doesn’t enjoy reading I’m sure most primary schools instill it’s importance into them by having silent reading at school as well as group reading where you read together and the teacher explains things so the children can develop their literacy skills. For a family who are seemingly very big advocates for everyone having the same rights (Mia donating to girls education for example) they don’t actually seem to practice what they preach. Their channel has been declining since they moved to LA and just decided to go traveling with no stability and now their children won’t even have an education to fall back on. It doesn’t matter how good Mia’s Spanish and editing skills are none will employ her in any proper job without at least having GCSEs or some other basic qualifications. Poor Sienna’s going to get such a shock if she carries on her dream of becoming a scientist when she applies to ways to get into her dream only to realise that her basic understanding and random facts she’s picked up aren’t anywhere near enough skills to get an actual job. Those parents think their amazing by letting their kids effectively do what they want, when really their setting them up for failure.
Exactly! Even if an employer does give her a chance and gives her an interview, what is she going to talk about? Her colouring book? Most people talk about their dissertation and the skills they learned studying degrees and alevels. How is Mia going to prove to an employer that she can work as part of a team (who knows whether she actually can or not) when her family have spent so much time ensuring she never gets the chance to learn any interpersonal skills. How is she going to prove what level of spanish she can speak without any offical accreditations? Theyre not going to take her word for it thats she’s fluent just because she rattles off a couple or sentences. How can whe get the accreditation when even her english isnt to a high enough level to pass the tests. If your grammar is wrong, the answer is marked as wrong even if its right. If thats how behind Mia is after 11ish years of schooling, how are sienna, karma and koa going to cope?

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Exactly! Even if an employer does give her a chance and gives her an interview, what is she going to talk about? Her colouring book? Most people talk about their dissertation and the skills they learned studying degrees and alevels. How is Mia going to prove to an employer that she can work as part of a team (who knows whether she actually can or not) when her family have spent so much time ensuring she never gets the chance to learn any interpersonal skills. How is she going to prove what level of spanish she can speak without any offical accreditations? Theyre not going to take her word for it thats she’s fluent just because she rattles off a couple or sentences. How can whe get the accreditation when even her english isnt to a high enough level to pass the tests. If your grammar is wrong, the answer is marked as wrong even if its right. If thats how behind Mia is after 11ish years of schooling, how are sienna, karma and koa going to cope?
But remember Mia won’t need to work in a team according to them because why would you want to work for someone else? That’s not successful at all 🤦‍♀️

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 27
But remember Mia won’t need to work in a team according to them because why would you want to work for someone else? That’s not successful at all 🤦‍♀️
someone really needs to explain to her that very few people who own businesses do everything themselves and do infact need to work as part of a a team 😂😂 how is a kid who hasnt had a maths lesson since she was like 10 going to balence books? Does she know how to code? If not she’ll have to work with a webdesigner. What about when it comes to putting the business on the stockmarket, does she think shareholders who have invested thousands into a business arent going to want a say? Does she have any idea how many man hours go into running a business profitable enough to live off? Eventually she’s going to have tk hire staff to share the load? You need very good teamwork skills to be a good manager. You probaby have to have more interpersonal skills to run a business than you do to “work for someone else”. Darren is robbing these children of the chance to make anything of themselves and Georgie lets it happened because she was raised with the cult mentality to be submissive

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I think they are in Mexico 🇲🇽
I was thinking peru

Was Karma drinking tap water in the video? I really hope it was bottled because tap water in new countries makes adults sick never mind children as young as karma is

Reactions: 7
Another House tour 🤦🏼‍♀️

Yes I think it’s Peru. Majority of their insta followers are so thick lots of them are saying Australia. Do these people follow the news.
The fact they literally said its a spanish speaking country and people were still saying Australia shows their fans are as uneducated as them

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.