Family Fizz #4 How about surprising your kids with stability?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone else find it kind of sad that Mia commented on someone's post that she felt the same at 16 as she did at 11? Most kids have more freedom, experiences, changes with friends, possible boyfriends/girlfriends, school clubs/teams... MANY things that make them feel older than 11. No surprise that she doesn't because here she is at 16 spending her days at home making inappropriate YouTube videos and hanging out with her 9 year old sister and babies.

• Sad
Reactions: 15
Anyone else find it kind of sad that Mia commented on someone's post that she felt the same at 16 as she did at 11? Most kids have more freedom, experiences, changes with friends, possible boyfriends/girlfriends, school clubs/teams... MANY things that make them feel older than 11. No surprise that she doesn't because here she is at 16 spending her days at home making inappropriate YouTube videos and hanging out with her 9 year old sister and babies.
Which post?

That’s so sad. Most 16 year olds would feel like them at 11 was a lifetime ago.
The poor girl wouldn’t have a clue what to do or say in a group of her peers at this point.

Reactions: 6
Most 16 year olds are wanting to seem mature and more grown-up than their actual age. It's sad she's comparing herself to an 11 year old. I'd be suprised if she has any stable friends at this point. I imagine any she has are just stragglers from England who only keep in contact with her because of YT. She seem so sweet and could have had such a great social life if her horrible parents allowed it. She doesn't spend time with anyone her age, just her younger siblings and older parents. Poor girl

Ok so I only came across this site yesterday and over the last 24hours I’ve read through pretty much everything about family fizz and it’s heartbreaking but strangely reassuring that I’m not the only person that is concerned about Mia and how she is being brought up.
Over the last few years since I last saw Mia and her deciding she didn’t want anything to with me or the rest of her family (which I have been convinced was pushed onto her), all I have been able to do is send regular messages (which aren’t even looked at) and suffer with the rejection no parent should ever have to experience from their child, just for not fitting into the other parents plans. Georgie has had no intention of helping me see Mia, no matter the fact I begged for help, her response was always “it’s Mia’s choice”. Mia was 11 at the time this first happened and it should’ve been a priority to have both parents in her life constantly, not just when it suits!
On Mia’s birthday I tagged her in a message on YT in a hope that she would see it and at least acknowledge it with a comment or direct message, but I didn’t and haven’t heard anything. I then asked for some help from a couple of her fan pages to help bring it to her attention but.. I’m presuming family fizz got involved and shut it all down as if It’s wrong for Mia or anybody to know who I am! (The fan pages gave a posted apology for getting involved)
I’m sorry to dump this stuff on all of you but this has been going on for too long and I’m fed up with being labelled as deadbeat, alcoholic, drug using dad who isn’t there by choice.. I am non of those things and never have been, the only things I have ever been addicted to are my family, coffee and cigarettes (unfortunately) 🙈

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 73
Ok so I only came across this site yesterday and over the last 24hours I’ve read through pretty much everything about family fizz and it’s heartbreaking but strangely reassuring that I’m not the only person that is concerned about Mia and how she is being brought up.
Over the last few years since I last saw Mia and her deciding she didn’t want anything to with me or the rest of her family (which I have been convinced was pushed onto her), all I have been able to do is send regular messages (which aren’t even looked at) and suffer with the rejection no parent should ever have to experience from their child, just for not fitting into the other parents plans. Georgie has had no intention of helping me see Mia, no matter the fact I begged for help, her response was always “it’s Mia’s choice”. Mia was 11 at the time this first happened and it should’ve been a priority to have both parents in her life constantly, not just when it suits!
On Mia’s birthday I tagged her in a message on YT in a hope that she would see it and at least acknowledge it with a comment or direct message, but I didn’t and haven’t heard anything. I then asked for some help from a couple of her fan pages to help bring it to her attention but.. I’m presuming family fizz got involved and shut it all down as if It’s wrong for Mia or anybody to know who I am! (The fan pages gave a posted apology for getting involved)
I’m sorry to dump this stuff on all of you but this has been going on for too long and I’m fed up with being labelled as deadbeat, alcoholic, drug using dad who isn’t there by choice.. I am non of those things and never have been, the only things I have ever been addicted to are my family, coffee and cigarettes (unfortunately) 🙈
If this truly is Mia's dad, did she just one day say that she doesn't want to see you one day? Or was Georgie with her when she told you this. I'm so sorry

Look I'm not even gonna get into the question of whether or not I believe this because really... it doesn't matter. Ironic that this post came out after Mia referred to Darren as her stepdad to a million people, so I'd say there's a 98% chance that you're actually a 14 year old girl. But anyway, I'd say the same thing whether you're a random poster or her actual father - this is sad. I'm saddened if Mia has been brainwashed into thinking her father doesn't care about her and doesn't want a relationship with him. I think her life could be so much different than it is. And if it WAS up to her whether or not to see her father, I totally agree that age 11 is way too young to make that decision.
Having said that, if her father wants to see her and has let it go as is for 5 years... I dunno what to say. He has had legal rights as a parent for years, oh which he could have pursued at any time.
So anyway, if you are who you say you are, I'm sorry this has happened and I don't agree with what happened at all, but also I don't feel you fought hard enough as a father should for time with his daughter, I'm sorry.

Edit:
Hmm okay so I actually kind of believe you... your username is the same as a Twitter account with a pic of "K Bateson" and a kid who looks like Mia... and that's mia's legal last name... hmm. If you didn't realize that until now I might recommend changing your username here. Just a heads up that we think the family fizz people also patrol here so...

edit again: is this you??. That video made me a bit sad... looks like she has a lovely family with all of you and it was so nice of you to make that... but also I know there are two sides to every story... Mostly I'm sad that Mia is not acknowledging this whole other part of her life

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
This is so sad she has a set of siblings she has no contact with.

• Sad
Reactions: 27
Just two more years then she might be able to tell them where to stick it and come find you. She might rebel sooner but until she gets that freedom she's obviously craving nothing will happen x

Reactions: 20
Look I'm not even gonna get into the question of whether or not I believe this because really... it doesn't matter. Ironic that this post came out after Mia referred to Darren as her stepdad to a million people, so I'd say there's a 98% chance that you're actually a 14 year old girl. But anyway, I'd say the same thing whether you're a random poster or her actual father - this is sad. I'm saddened if Mia has been brainwashed into thinking her father doesn't care about her and doesn't want a relationship with him. I think her life could be so much different than it is. And if it WAS up to her whether or not to see her father, I totally agree that age 11 is way too young to make that decision.
Having said that, if her father wants to see her and has let it go as is for 5 years... I dunno what to say. He has had legal rights as a parent for years, oh which he could have pursued at any time.
So anyway, if you are who you say you are, I'm sorry this has happened and I don't agree with what happened at all, but also I don't feel you fought hard enough as a father should for time with his daughter, I'm sorry.

Edit:
Hmm okay so I actually kind of believe you... your username is the same as a Twitter account with a pic of "K Bateson" and a kid who looks like Mia... and that's mia's legal last name... hmm. If you didn't realize that until now I might recommend changing your username here. Just a heads up that we think the family fizz people also patrol here so...

edit again: is this you??. That video made me a bit sad... looks like she has a lovely family with all of you and it was so nice of you to make that... but also I know there are two sides to every story... Mostly I'm sad that Mia is not acknowledging this whole other part of her life
I will reply to this a bit later today, sorry I don’t have the time right now because it’ll have to be a bit lengthy.
Just to clarify me going public has nothing to do with Mia calling Daren her stepdad, it is solely to remind her, We are still here, we all miss her and love her so much! This is the only way I can see to get that information to Mia as all other means I have/had to contact her get ignored and done for a very long time.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 41
If anyone thinks the dress cutting prank and Mia’s reaction was real then you must be crazy, terrible acting and hard to watch, i was embarrassed for them!

Reactions: 3
I will reply to this a bit later today, sorry I don’t have the time right now because it’ll have to be a bit lengthy.
Just to clarify me going public has nothing to do with Mia calling Daren her stepdad, it is solely to remind her, We are still here, we all miss her and love her so much! This is the only way I can see to get that information to Mia as all other means I have/had to contact her get ignored and done for a very long time.
The reason I specifically mentioned that is that if you were a 14 year old girl, it wouldn't have surprised me. A lot of people don't know that Darren isn't her bio dad so when she said that on Instagram I thought it would send the kids out to post rumours, etc. I wasn't assuming that it would affect you, as a father. If anything it actually acknowledges you exist and doesn't try to cover it up like some of the recent videos.

While Mias dad seems like a sweet person in that video, we don’t know all sides to what happened that caused them to be estranged. There‘s multiple sides to everything. While it’s possible that Georgie coached/manipulated Mia into rejecting her father, it’s also possible that he’s actually a bad father/person who is making himself look like an innocent victim. I have seen both of these things happen in families. Sometimes the mother is just toxic and wants to destroy the relationship between the child and father, sometimes the father was an abuser, addict etc. and plays the “poor me” card when their children don’t want them in their lives.

Mia seems like a really mature and intuitive girl, and I don’t think she would reject her father for no reason. That’s my opinion, so of course I could be way wrong. I know she thinks she’s “immature” but tbh I think that comes from Georgie and Darren, and I don’t think it was right for them to say that to her, because she now has that belief about herself. She may lack certain experiences that others her age have had, but she’s not immature imo. I think she’s probably thought about her decision to not speak to her father, and has her reasons. But let’s suppose Georgie is manipulating her: still not her fault. But I doubt that’s what’s going on, because Mia seems mentally stronger than that.

Reactions: 8
I don’t doubt at all that this is mia’s father it seems all legit (a first for tattle!!) but yeah as someone else said whilst he seems sweet I don’t think we can take everything at face value

Reactions: 9
While Mias dad seems like a sweet person in that video, we don’t know all sides to what happened that caused them to be estranged. There‘s multiple sides to everything. While it’s possible that Georgie coached/manipulated Mia into rejecting her father, it’s also possible that he’s actually a bad father/person who is making himself look like an innocent victim. I have seen both of these things happen in families. Sometimes the mother is just toxic and wants to destroy the relationship between the child and father, sometimes the father was an abuser, addict etc. and plays the “poor me” card when their children don’t want them in their lives.

Mia seems like a really mature and intuitive girl, and I don’t think she would reject her father for no reason. That’s my opinion, so of course I could be way wrong. I know she thinks she’s “immature” but tbh I think that comes from Georgie and Darren, and I don’t think it was right for them to say that to her, because she now has that belief about herself. She may lack certain experiences that others her age have had, but she’s not immature imo. I think she’s probably thought about her decision to not speak to her father, and has her reasons. But let’s suppose Georgie is manipulating her: still not her fault. But I doubt that’s what’s going on, because Mia seems mentally stronger than that.
I agree about there being two sides… it does sadden me that either way, her dad doesn't not care about her, yet she appears to think that. But yes, "innocent victim" may not be totally true. I just feel like it could be possible… Because they wanted to live a certain lifestyle that they couldn't live if Mia needed to have regular visits with him. I also think they needed her all the time for the "happy family" vibe they wanted. It seems like half the time right now they just wanna pretend they're all one big happy family and act like Mia never had another family, and what does that say to kids with blended families? That they should pick one? Idk. It's weird.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
We obviously don’t know every side to the story so we can’t fully give our opinions or judgement until we know all the facts but one thing I will point out is around two years ago Georgie talked about in a video how when she got pregnant at 16 and had Mia , her mum didn’t really help her but Mia’s dad and Mia’s grandmother (Mia’s dads mother ) helped Georgie out a lot . I’m pretty sure she said she moved in with them for a while or something can’t remember fully what it was but basically they helped her and he took responsibility by being present in her life. They even got married I know they were young and we don’t know the ups and downs of their relationship but he did take responsibility at least back them cause like I said we don’t know what happened throughout the years. Mia also said she went to Ireland as a child with her dad which proves he was present in her life as a child and his photos of her prove that also. She said in a YouTube video of her own when she was around 9 or 10 something about she’d only recently become vegan and her dad didn’t like that but we don’t know how true that is maybe he didn’t like it but I don’t think that’d be a reason to fall out with your daughter and lose touch with her but I’m sure there’s a lot more to both sides of the story. Someone said above that Mia’s dad has parental rights and he could of fought to see his daughter but maybe he did or if he didn’t fight to see his daughter then that’s quite sad and he has himself to blame for that but maybe they came to some agreement that she could move away with Georgie but still keep in contact with her dad but something changed that. Darren could easily of played a part in this too cause Georgie seems to think Darren is God and can do no wrong and everything he says is what they must do so maybe she wasn’t bothered about cutting Mia’s dad out of their lives and moving away cause she felt Darren can replace that cause to her he can do no wrong when he actually comes across very controlling. We’ve seen how easily Georgie ignores and cut out Harriet her sister from her life so who knows what really happened. I completely understand Georgie has issues with her family and doesn’t keep in touch with them cause no family is perfect and not everyone gets along with their family sometimes through no fault of their own so sometimes you are better off not having them in your life. We all have our problems in life some nobody even knows about so I’d be the last person to judge anyone for their choices until I know the full story. Unfortunately Mia is used to the life she has now traveling constantly and being around the same people 24/7 in almost a cult lifestyle so it must be very hard for her dad to see that and know he isn’t part of her life and there’s not a lot he can do about it. Yes she’s under 18 so he could try do something about it but at the same she’s a 16 year old girl who has either made the decision by herself that she’s happy with the way her life is without her dad around or there’s been some sort of brain washing and bad mouthing about her dad made to her over the years and Darren’s been praised in every way under the sun to look like a better father figure . I’m not saying Darren doesn’t care for Mia I’m sure he does but their relationship can come across kind of awkward and like business partners sometimes so he doesn’t seem to bond with her in the same way he does with the other kids especially the babies. If Mia’s dad is in the wrong then it’s down to him to apologise and see if it’s get him somewhere. I’m sorry that’s a lot to read and I know all I’ve said is just how I am thinking and I don’t know the full story but I think it’s all quite sad.

Mia needs to know she should not be used as a moneymaker for her family. I know Georgie and Darren have helped her get a career for herself and money behind her and that’s great for her but she’s still missed out on a lot of other things in life. She’s been raised in a very strange way and has been cut off from real life and experiences. All I hope is her dad has good intentions cause he came across genuine in the video and I feel sorry for him but like many of us said we don’t know all the sides of the story so it’s hard to know what to fully believe cause maybe Georgie’s been through a lot we don’t know. This is for Mia’s dad if in the future you and Mia do get in contact again and sort things out , please make sure it has nothing to do with her financial situation and the social media fame she has. If you want a relationship with her again make sure it’s all completely genuine and that she knows that because that’s what is important to know that there are people out there who are your family who want to have you in their lives without gaining something from you. Keep yourself honest with good intentions and hopefully everything will work out one day.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
We obviously don’t know every side to the story so we can’t fully give our opinions or judgement until we know all the facts but one thing I will point out is around two years ago Georgie talked about in a video how when she got pregnant at 16 and had Mia , her mum didn’t really help her but Mia’s dad and Mia’s grandmother (Mia’s dads mother ) helped Georgie out a lot . I’m pretty sure she said she moved in with them for a while or something can’t remember fully what it was but basically they helped her and he took responsibility by being present in her life. They even got married I know they were young and we don’t know the ups and downs of their relationship but he did take responsibility at least back them cause like I said we don’t know what happened throughout the years. Mia also said she went to Ireland as a child with her dad which proves he was present in her life as a child and his photos of her prove that also. She said in a YouTube video of her own when she was around 9 or 10 something about she’d only recently become vegan and her dad didn’t like that but we don’t know how true that is maybe he didn’t like it but I don’t think that’d be a reason to fall out with your daughter and lose touch with her but I’m sure there’s a lot more to both sides of the story. Someone said above that Mia’s dad has parental rights and he could of fought to see his daughter but maybe he did or if he didn’t fight to see his daughter then that’s quite sad and he has himself to blame for that but maybe they came to some agreement that she could move away with Georgie but still keep in contact with her dad but something changed that. Darren could easily of played a part in this too cause Georgie seems to think Darren is God and can do no wrong and everything he says is what they must do so maybe she wasn’t bothered about cutting Mia’s dad out of their lives and moving away cause she felt Darren can replace that cause to her he can do no wrong when he actually comes across very controlling. We’ve seen how easily Georgie ignores and cut out Harriet her sister from her life so who knows what really happened. I completely understand Georgie has issues with her family and doesn’t keep in touch with them cause no family is perfect and not everyone gets along with their family sometimes through no fault of their own so sometimes you are better off not having them in your life. We all have our problems in life some nobody even knows about so I’d be the last person to judge anyone for their choices until I know the full story. Unfortunately Mia is used to the life she has now traveling constantly and being around the same people 24/7 in almost a cult lifestyle so it must be very hard for her dad to see that and know he isn’t part of her life and there’s not a lot he can do about it. Yes she’s under 18 so he could try do something about it but at the same she’s a 16 year old girl who has either made the decision by herself that she’s happy with the way her life is without her dad around or there’s been some sort of brain washing and bad mouthing about her dad made to her over the years and Darren’s been praised in every way under the sun to look like a better father figure . I’m not saying Darren doesn’t care for Mia I’m sure he does but their relationship can come across kind of awkward and like business partners sometimes so he doesn’t seem to bond with her in the same way he does with the other kids especially the babies. If Mia’s dad is in the wrong then it’s down to him to apologise and see if it’s get him somewhere. I’m sorry that’s a lot to read and I know all I’ve said is just how I am thinking and I don’t know the full story but I think it’s all quite sad.

Mia needs to know she should not be used as a moneymaker for her family. I know Georgie and Darren have helped her get a career for herself and money behind her and that’s great for her but she’s still missed out on a lot of other things in life. She’s been raised in a very strange way and has been cut off from real life and experiences. All I hope is her dad has good intentions cause he came across genuine in the video and I feel sorry for him but like many of us said we don’t know all the sides of the story so it’s hard to know what to fully believe cause maybe Georgie’s been through a lot we don’t know. This is for Mia’s dad if in the future you and Mia do get in contact again and sort things out , please make sure it has nothing to do with her financial situation and the social media fame she has. If you want a relationship with her again make sure it’s all completely genuine and that she knows that because that’s what is important to know that there are people out there who are your family who want to have you in their lives without gaining something from you. Keep yourself honest with good intentions and hopefully everything will work out one day.
I don’t know if Darren is as controlling as Georgie is just submissive. I think he just takes a “man of the house knows best” approach...but if Georgie disagreed with him, he would probably just sulk and get over it. It’s hard to say without actually knowing them. I remember the belly button piercing prank when they were in LA and after bitching about it, he was just like “fine”. I don‘t know anything about JW specifically but most Bible based religions teach that the man has final say in everything and is in charge, so even though she removed herself from the religion, some of those teachings may have stayed with her - even if just subconsciously.

I think there are clearly some unresolved issues with Mia and her Dad, and hopefully she will be ready at some point to talk it out with him. Assuming he isn’t a bad person, I think it would be best for them to resolve things. If not, she might regret it later. I think at 16 it’s hard to realize how precious family is. At that age, unless we’ve already experienced a major loss/trauma....we just think everything will stay the same forever. Until one day we realize how much our relatives have aged and we won’t have them forever. I hope she won’t look back and regret how many years she lost or wonder what could have been. BUT that’s assuming that he isn‘t toxic in her life.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.