Family Fizz #4 How about surprising your kids with stability?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t know if Darren is as controlling as Georgie is just submissive. I think he just takes a “man of the house knows best” approach...but if Georgie disagreed with him, he would probably just sulk and get over it. It’s hard to say without actually knowing them. I remember the belly button piercing prank when they were in LA and after bitching about it, he was just like “fine”. I don‘t know anything about JW specifically but most Bible based religions teach that the man has final say in everything and is in charge, so even though she removed herself from the religion, some of those teachings may have stayed with her - even if just subconsciously.

I think there are clearly some unresolved issues with Mia and her Dad, and hopefully she will be ready at some point to talk it out with him. Assuming he isn’t a bad person, I think it would be best for them to resolve things. If not, she might regret it later. I think at 16 it’s hard to realize how precious family is. At that age, unless we’ve already experienced a major loss/trauma....we just think everything will stay the same forever. Until one day we realize how much our relatives have aged and we won’t have them forever. I hope she won’t look back and regret how many years she lost or wonder what could have been. BUT that’s assuming that he isn‘t toxic in her life.
I agree that’s a fair point too I guess it’s hard for any of us to know what goes on behind closed doors and how people really are. I’m just going off of what I’ve seen in videos over the years but even then who am I to give an opinion I don’t live with them 24/7. I just find the whole thing sad to hear about but families are a complicated thing sometimes.

Reactions: 4
Mia's dad - if that's you - just wanted to remind you that you're not under any obligation to explain yourself to us… you invited yourself to some scruntiny which is expected... we are on a gossip/snark forum here! But at the end of the day not a single one of us have a biological connection to her like you do, and no one here has the power to connect with her emotionally like you do. So while we're very happy to hear your story and try to help, please remember we can't fix things for you! At the end of the day the only people who know the real story and feelings are you and Mia. You'll have a connection for the rest of your lives and the love between a parent and child, while complicated, lasts forever.

Reactions: 14
Whilst we do not know what went on or is going on, what we do know is what we see in the videos.
They are one screwed up family, who are going to do a grand job of screwing up their kids.

Mia has every right to see her Dad, it is her choice and if Georgie is not letting Mia decide, then she is just as controlling as Darren. If her real dad is as genuine as his post states, then I do feel sorry for him that he has been cut out of his daughter's life. Georgie has no right to make that decision, it should be Mia's and only Mia's about whether she wants to be in contact or not.

Like I said we do not know the real story, but if what her dad says is true, then they are so cruel for keeping them apart. I imagine Darren probably had a say in it too and no doubt influenced any decision. Of course, Georgie could be telling Mia lies and how her Dad doesn't care etc as I wouldn't put it past them.

Only they know what is real and what is all lies, in that situation anyway.

Mia is being moulded into whatever they want her to be, same with the other kids, they keep them sheltered and hidden away in a sense, that they have no idea or clue about the real world and have not had the same life experiences as many other people their age would have already had by now. Again, showing how much in control both Darren and Georgie like to be. It comes across that they want their kids to be so intimidated and isolated by and from the outside world that they will do anything to make sure that happens. No stability now, no chance to make friends, or even a friend, they don't look like they have much hobbies or interests other than filming staged pranks and being overly dramatic in videos.

Sienna will follow in Mia's footsteps and likewise with the other kids. Mia turns q8 in 2 years, i do hope when she does that she will open her eyes (or starts to open her eyes now) to her family and how much they have held her back and just go and try to do her own thing, whatever that may be.

They will keep having kids as they seem like they always need to have something to control and dictate too.

They never seem to have any warmth in their videos, no compassion or love (apart from Darren and Georgie obviously loving themselves and thinking they are the best!)

There seems to be no connection at all, it is like they are reading lines from a script tbh..

Of course the younger kids seems to be the favourites, Mia and Sienna seem to just be used for videos, a bit like props really.

I'll shut up now, but I'm sure you get the picture.

Reactions: 11
I actually don't feel like Darren would've jumped in and made any decision about Mia seeing her dad, honestly. I could see him absolutely wanting to control his own kids but even when it comes down to the "calling him dad" thing, he drew the line when she was a kid. Doesn't mean he doesn't love her, but I don't think he's looking to pretend Mia doesn't have another dad. Georgie is the one calling him dad to her even when it's just the two of them and writing things like "fatherof4" on Instagram, not him. I don't know that he's ever tried to "claim" Mia, he just hasn't stopped her from referring to him how she wants. My guess is that Georgie wants the big happy family picture and pretend there's no behind the scenes issues and they're just father and daughter and Mia's obviously going to follow what her mom wants. Kids have minds of their own but they 100% feed off of their parents.

Reactions: 8
I actually don't feel like Darren would've jumped in and made any decision about Mia seeing her dad, honestly. I could see him absolutely wanting to control his own kids but even when it comes down to the "calling him dad" thing, he drew the line when she was a kid. Doesn't mean he doesn't love her, but I don't think he's looking to pretend Mia doesn't have another dad. Georgie is the one calling him dad to her even when it's just the two of them and writing things like "fatherof4" on Instagram, not him. I don't know that he's ever tried to "claim" Mia, he just hasn't stopped her from referring to him how she wants. My guess is that Georgie wants the big happy family picture and pretend there's no behind the scenes issues and they're just father and daughter and Mia's obviously going to follow what her mom wants. Kids have minds of their own but they 100% feed off of their parents.
I don’t think he would of jumped in and said “Mia’s not seeing her dad ” because it’s not up to him and he has no rights in that situation. None of us know what the fully story is but I think im regards to Darren there’s always the possibility that when he came into Georgie’s life they had a wild phase together like they’ve said and then maybe his talk of travel etc made her want to do all that too and obviously Mia would go along with them so maybe he an influence on Georgie’s life in that way but he obviously wouldn’t of been able to stop Mia from seeing her dad that’s an issue between Mia, Georgie and Mia’s dad. Yes I agree exactly he’s never felt comfortable with Mia calling him dad which is fine so I don’t believe he’s controlled that situation either he clearly knows Mia has a dad out there but I think regardless of what’s happened we can’t really give opinions cause we only know so much. I hope for the best outcome whatever that may be.

Reactions: 6
As a parent we all strive to do what we feel is right for our children to bring them up in the correct way with strong morals, a good education and the ability to learn from mistakes, to name a few. Unfortunately sometimes we make mistakes or wish we had of done things a little different, whether that’s through lack of understanding or feeling we are doing what we feel is right for our children, one of mine was when Mia’s other family decided to make the choice to become vegan. I didn’t believe, through lack of understanding, that this was a suitable or sustainable way of life for any child and this new idea was probably a fad, brought on by watching a documentary, which would soon die off. As a result, I did not agree nor want Mia to participate in this new way of life so I refused to go along with it and was then accused of bullying Mia because I had the best intensions for Mia’s health at heart, yes I made the wrong judgment at the time and after a while, it became clear to me that this was not a fad and Mia truly wanted this for her life so I done my research and to the best of my ability tried to accommodated her needs.

After this was sorted, Mia was still having regular contact with us to the point where before they were to move to London, Mia asked to move in with us because she didn’t want to move to London. Everything was put in motion for this to ahead and she was even enrolled in our local school with a start date for the Monday after they moved, obviously Georgie was disappointed this was going to happen but as far as I am aware she was willing to see this through and everything was going ahead until the Friday of the weekend of their move. Now I understand that children change their minds and it can be scary to not see your mum every day but the weekend before their move Mia was still excited and looking forward to it. Mia and I were so close up to this point, it seriously broke my heart for the sudden change of plans.

After very infrequent visits but lots of skyping Mia and Georgie approached me about staying in Gran Canaria for 6 months, it took a lot of persuading and practically destroyed my relationship with Mia because I said no to start with.

I’m sorry its just dawned on me as I wrote that last bit, that’s what killed my relationship with Mia. This is the first time I’ve ever written all this down, opening old but new wounds

So, while they were in Gran Canaria Georgie decided to message me saying they weren’t coming back yet and it would be maybe another 6 months before they do. As you can imagine I was furious about this so the sought legal advice.

The solicitors I spoke to all gave me the same advice, whilst they weren’t in the country there isn’t much I can do, but on their return I would be able to apply for an access order from the courts, if I did this and the agreed contact was not stuck to then I could keep bringing it back to court and get it enforced, however because, by the time Mia was to return to the UK she would be 12 and the courts would ask how she felt about contact with me and considering she said she didn’t want it because I originally said no to her going, the court would do nothing. So the harsh reality of it was, yes you have rights but you cant enforce them unless you’ve got an endless supply of money, time and no other family to house or feed. Plus by doing this you also run the risk of damaging the relationship with the child by keep taking their other parent to court. A serious catch 22.

So I decided to seek Georgie’s help by asking her to put herself my shoes etc. and you already know from my earlier message how that went. That didn’t work and slowly over time and as FF got bigger the calls, texts and messages slowly stopped getting replied to, I figured so long as I message every so often to remind Mia I am still here then hopefully one she will return to me.

That was until Saturday

I'm sorry about the length of this but I've got a lot to say.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 47
As a parent we all strive to do what we feel is right for our children to bring them up in the correct way with strong morals, a good education and the ability to learn from mistakes, to name a few. Unfortunately sometimes we make mistakes or wish we had of done things a little different, whether that’s through lack of understanding or feeling we are doing what we feel is right for our children, one of mine was when Mia’s other family decided to make the choice to become vegan. I didn’t believe, through lack of understanding, that this was a suitable or sustainable way of life for any child and this new idea was probably a fad, brought on by watching a documentary, which would soon die off. As a result, I did not agree nor want Mia to participate in this new way of life so I refused to go along with it and was then accused of bullying Mia because I had the best intensions for Mia’s health at heart, yes I made the wrong judgment at the time and after a while, it became clear to me that this was not a fad and Mia truly wanted this for her life so I done my research and to the best of my ability tried to accommodated her needs.

After this was sorted, Mia was still having regular contact with us to the point where before they were to move to London, Mia asked to move in with us because she didn’t want to move to London. Everything was put in motion for this to ahead and she was even enrolled in our local school with a start date for the Monday after they moved, obviously Georgie was disappointed this was going to happen but as far as I am aware she was willing to see this through and everything was going ahead until the Friday of the weekend of their move. Now I understand that children change their minds and it can be scary to not see your mum every day but the weekend before their move Mia was still excited and looking forward to it. Mia and I were so close up to this point, it seriously broke my heart for the sudden change of plans.

After very infrequent visits but lots of skyping Mia and Georgie approached me about staying in Gran Canaria for 6 months, it took a lot of persuading and practically destroyed my relationship with Mia because I said no to start with.

I’m sorry its just dawned on me as I wrote that last bit, that’s what killed my relationship with Mia. This is the first time I’ve ever written all this down, opening old but new wounds

So, while they were in Gran Canaria Georgie decided to message me saying they weren’t coming back yet and it would be maybe another 6 months before they do. As you can imagine I was furious about this so the sought legal advice.

The solicitors I spoke to all gave me the same advice, whilst they weren’t in the country there isn’t much I can do, but on their return I would be able to apply for an access order from the courts, if I did this and the agreed contact was not stuck to then I could keep bringing it back to court and get it enforced, however because, by the time Mia was to return to the UK she would be 12 and the courts would ask how she felt about contact with me and considering she said she didn’t want it because I originally said no to her going, the court would do nothing. So the harsh reality of it was, yes you have rights but you cant enforce them unless you’ve got an endless supply of money, time and no other family to house or feed. Plus by doing this you also run the risk of damaging the relationship with the child by keep taking their other parent to court. A serious catch 22.

So I decided to seek Georgie’s help by asking her to put herself my shoes etc. and you already know from my earlier message how that went. That didn’t work and slowly over time and as FF got bigger the calls, texts and messages slowly stopped getting replied to, I figured so long as I message every so often to remind Mia I am still here then hopefully one she will return to me.

That was until Saturday

I'm sorry about the length of this but I've got a lot to say.
This begs the question: What happened on Saturday?

Reactions: 5
On Mia’s birthday I tagged her in a message on YT in a hope that she would see it and at least acknowledge it with a comment or direct message, but I didn’t and haven’t heard anything. I then asked for some help from a couple of her fan pages to help bring it to her attention but.. I’m presuming family fizz got involved and shut it all down as if It’s wrong for Mia or anybody to know who I am! (The fan pages gave a posted apology for getting involved)
this happened

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Wow, that's a lot. I'm sorry this happened... it sounds like there was some definitely manipulation happening, just from this angle. But can I ask if she gave a reason why she was okay for being away from you for 6 months? Like did you not have a super close relationship to start? I'm not trying to be judgmental or anything, I'm just surprised Mia was okay with it :( How long ago did she stop responding to your messages? I wouldn't be surprised if it was in the past 6-10 months or so because I feel like something changed in her videos about this whole "dad" thing. I guess... I would always remember that she does love you. I'm sorry she won't talk to you, but I think it's probably a lot for her to deal with and maybe while she's mad you haven't talked, she's also hurt that it seems like you're okay with not talking (but it also sounds like you've tried to contact her...). Also I'm feeling a little guilty for even commenting on this because i feel like I'm inserting myself into something REAL that's not my business either. Ugh. I'm not even sure what to suggest to you right now.

Reactions: 8
Hi Kyeza I’m sorry for what you’re going through it sounds awful. Truly.

I do have one question though. You say you gave initial consent for Mia to fly to Gran Canaria although Georgie extended the stay beyond the agreed limit which I understand.

What I don’t understand is how Georgiehas been able to take Mia to other places since - Dubai, Portugal, USA, Mexico - without a consent letter from you?

My child does not share my last name and I couldn’t fly without consent from their other parent.

Do you know how Georgie got around this?

Thanks and I truly hope you hear from your little girl soon. My heart goes out to you.

Reactions: 9
My child does not share my last name and I couldn’t fly without consent from their other parent.
Me and my mother don’t have the same last name, and we have never been questioned flying out when it was just us two, only when we come back in through passport control in the UK and all it was, what is your relation to the child then they would ask me if I knew this woman and who she was. They’d do a quick run through in the computer to see if I was reported missing and then let us through. Never had an issue. Had more issues just flying out with my father, even though we have the same last name.

Reactions: 7
Me and my mother don’t have the same last name, and we have never been questioned flying out when it was just us two, only when we come back in through passport control in the UK and all it was, what is your relation to the child then they would ask me if I knew this woman and who she was. They’d do a quick run through in the computer to see if I was reported missing and then let us through. Never had an issue. Had more issues just flying out with my father, even though we have the same last name.
I learned something today. I’ve always been under the impression I needed consent and haven’t attempted to fly with or without it as yet. Thanks for that. I have been told by several people that it’s ESSENTIAL. Just shows I shouldn’t listen to people haha.

That’s just so sad I feel like Georgie and Darren may of of hyped up the whole moving away thing making it seem super exciting and new and that she’d have more fun etc if she went with them and manipulated her way of thinking it wouldn’t surprise me I mean they use her as a money maker all those inappropriate thumbnails and even the fact they have a family channel and put your daughter online like that all these years I hope you had a say in that and agreed to allowing them to do that cause if they did without asking you that’s just messed up.

You where part of her life for a long time your opinion matters. Something had to of happened within that short amount of time that made her change her mind so quickly and push you out of her life I feel it was Georgie saying things and possibly even Darren having an influence too as she went from being close to you to nothing. I’m sorry for what you’ve gone through it must of been very hurtful even to this day. I also know I don’t know the full story from Georgie and Mia’s point of view therefore I can’t give a proper opinion but I have a heart and I feel sorry for you. Your daughters life is out there so public and you don’t have any say or part in it. There are complete strangers who get a reply in comments from your daughter but you don’t even get to speak to her. I know Mia must have been through a lot emotionally too and maybe one day when she realises you and her other family care for her maybe something can be worked out for everyone involved but I think she’s very caught up in the YouTube lifestyle with all the money and freedom etc and that’s not her fault it’s Georgie and Darren’s.

Everyone has their flaws and makes mistakes and some people aren’t meant to be parents or be in their kids lives as they may harm them or be a negative influence but from all you’ve said and all the proof you have it seems you unfortunately where in a situation where your opinion didn’t matter and it was easy for you to be left out of it all and forgotten about.

You went to the efforts to find out about your rights and seeing her but like you said she was 12 by then and had her own mind and probably was used to the YouTube lifestyle in Gran Canaria by then so it would of been unlikely for her to want to leave all that and maybe she was guilt tripped and brain washed a bit too who knows. You would of been made to look bad by forcing her to come live with you but you also would be made look bad for not being around in her life when like you’ve told us wasn’t actually your fault cause there was only so much you could do and you didn’t want to make the relationship with Mia worse or make her hate you. She’s still young and one day I hope you come to her mind in a way that makes her reach out and reconnect with you.

Im not taking sides before anyone comes for me as it’s not right to insert myself into something I’m not part of but I’m sure Georgie has her faults too no parent is perfect. Also vegansim is more talked about now in 2020 then it would of been back then so don’t give yourself a hard time over that. I really hope this all works out to be a better happier situation for everyone involved.

Reactions: 9
I learned something today. I’ve always been under the impression I needed consent and haven’t attempted to fly with or without it as yet. Thanks for that. I have been told by several people that it’s ESSENTIAL. Just shows I shouldn’t listen to people haha.
I think you only need consent if you’re moving abroad or if you’re taking someone else’s child abroad. (When my mum took my step sister abroad, without my step dad, he wrote a letter didn’t get asked though)
Im pretty sure yours and your children’s passports will be linked. Like they would have seen you have travel together before.
I am 19 so my information might be a little out of date, but I think as long as your kids father doesn’t reported them as missing when you go on holiday it seems like it would be fine. It’s more as long as you have his permission it’s fine rather than specifically written permission

Reactions: 1
I think you only need consent if you’re moving abroad or if you’re taking someone else’s child abroad. (When my mum took my step sister abroad, without my step dad, he wrote a letter didn’t get asked though)
Im pretty sure yours and your children’s passports will be linked. Like they would have seen you have travel together before.
I am 19 so my information might be a little out of date, but I think as long as your kids father doesn’t reported them as missing when you go on holiday it seems like it would be fine. It’s more as long as you have his permission it’s fine rather than specifically written permission
Thank you. That all makes perfect sense. I had just believed what I heard. My bad haha.

Reactions: 1
Ok so I only came across this site yesterday and over the last 24hours I’ve read through pretty much everything about family fizz and it’s heartbreaking but strangely reassuring that I’m not the only person that is concerned about Mia and how she is being brought up.
Over the last few years since I last saw Mia and her deciding she didn’t want anything to with me or the rest of her family (which I have been convinced was pushed onto her), all I have been able to do is send regular messages (which aren’t even looked at) and suffer with the rejection no parent should ever have to experience from their child, just for not fitting into the other parents plans. Georgie has had no intention of helping me see Mia, no matter the fact I begged for help, her response was always “it’s Mia’s choice”. Mia was 11 at the time this first happened and it should’ve been a priority to have both parents in her life constantly, not just when it suits!
On Mia’s birthday I tagged her in a message on YT in a hope that she would see it and at least acknowledge it with a comment or direct message, but I didn’t and haven’t heard anything. I then asked for some help from a couple of her fan pages to help bring it to her attention but.. I’m presuming family fizz got involved and shut it all down as if It’s wrong for Mia or anybody to know who I am! (The fan pages gave a posted apology for getting involved)
I’m sorry to dump this stuff on all of you but this has been going on for too long and I’m fed up with being labelled as deadbeat, alcoholic, drug using dad who isn’t there by choice.. I am non of those things and never have been, the only things I have ever been addicted to are my family, coffee and cigarettes (unfortunately) 🙈
Jesus, I’m so sorry you’ve been treat like this. And I’m so convinced Mia wouldn’t have done that off her own accord as well, she was so young and innocent but unfortunately children and easy to manipulate. Me and my dad don’t have a great relationship, it all happened around the same age Mia was and I regret it so much. Deep down I’m sure she does too. Of course I don’t know the full story but I’m sure you’re a good guy, better than Darren anyway. He uses his family inappropriately for his own personal gain. A terrible man in my opinion.

I agree with you. However it’s interesting that when explaining about not wanting Mia to call him Dad, his reasoning was because he wouldn’t like it if he was in that situation and Sienna called another man Dad. And out of respect to her dad. I may not have the wording accurate but it was along these lines.
I guess he didn’t think about how he would feel if he was in Mia’s dads situation and the other side of her family wanted to take her abroad long term. How can he not even consider how he would feel.

Thank you for sharing your story with us Mia’s dad. I’m so sorry to hear what you’ve been going through.

Ah yeah, don’t share the same name here either and we’ve been questioned once, we just bring a load of documents now and only consent forms if we were to fly long haul but weren’t even asked since so yes they can easily get away with it

I'm so sorry that this has all happened @Kyeza84 I can't imagine how traumatic is was to be separated from Mia or how hard it is that the only way you get to see your child grow up is on the internet rather than having a personal relationship with them. They saw the money and ran with it without any thought to the people they were leaving behind. It looks like you had a very good relationship with Mia before this happened and she looks so happy in those photos. I hope you get to heal your relationship some day. Keep reaching out to her and let her know that you're there if and when she is ever ready; when she moves out and becomes more independent with more ability to make her own decisions she might decide she wants to make contact.

How do you feel about Georgie and Darren constantly dragging the kids from country to country with barely any worldly goods?

What an awful place to be in! I dont even watch them that much any more but reading the messages from her dad has really got to me. I juat hope one day you can have a relationship with her again.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.