F1 Chatter #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
IM SO SAD 😭 I was stuck on a site visit at work and missed Daniels Austin drop, everything is sold out 😭😭 I’ve been waiting months to overpay for a tacky cowboy sweater how dare I be robbed of this opportunity :cry:
oh, nooooo, I hate when work interferes with real life plans, maybe they will make another round of sales and you will get it than? *keeping my fingers crossed*

• Heart
Reactions: 3
lewis’ fond bemusement of george is adorable 🤣

I love Lewis, he is sometimes so unintentionally hilarious - I find it hilarious that a guy who owned a plane for himself and is wearing his own merch in this actual video is amazed by George having his own bowling shoes (what I actually find very rational, if I was bowling often I'd totally have my own shoes to avoid common ones 😆😆😆

This is adorable.

bleeping love Lewis, and George. Both so different, and my love for them both is very different. But god, they are amazing.
their dynamic is amazing, I think it works because of the age difference and because they are in different stages of their careers, so their differences do not cause clashes. I love them both too, in different ways, but both, cuties.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
I love Lewis, he is sometimes so unintentionally hilarious - I find it hilarious that a guy who owned a plane for himself and is wearing his own merch in this actual video is amazed by George having his own bowling shoes (what I actually find very rational, if I was bowling often I'd totally have my own shoes to avoid common ones 😆😆😆

their dynamic is amazing, I think it works because of the age difference and because they are in different stages of their careers, so their differences do not cause clashes. I love them both too, in different ways, but both, cuties.
the duality of lewis is fascinating to me: he’s cool, wears amazing pieces, an interest in fashion, looks like he does, the GOAT…… also loves his scooter and remote control car and runs an instagram account for his dog, where he comments as said dog (but with a lisp).

i wish we saw him and george more together! i love their vibe but they seem to do so few social media things (though lewis doesn’t really get involved in that much). his coolness combined with george’s slight earnestness is something i need more of!

also i love the: you’re wearing your own bowling shoes?!?! i’m telling dad 🤣 ness of that video.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
as George is mentioned, this iconic moment filmed from hiding, one of my faves LOL

• Heart
  • Haha
oh, nooooo, I hate when work interferes with real life plans, maybe they will make another round of sales and you will get it than? *keeping my fingers crossed*
The absolute worst! I hope so, enchanté restocked and I’m hoping because this is quite a bit before Austin he might restock on race weekend? Desperation is setting in 😂 Worst comes to worst I’ve saved myself some cash haha. Thank you for your crossed fingers🥰😂

• Heart
Reactions: 3
also I now remember that we were never shown their surfing in Australia video I think, petition to Merc admin, por favor
db5f57361f534288123c56f96beae09c03b2cd0d.jpg

added now:
the duality of lewis is fascinating to me: he’s cool, wears amazing pieces, an interest in fashion, looks like he does, the GOAT…… also loves his scooter and remote control car and runs an instagram account for his dog, where he comments as said dog (but with a lisp).

i wish we saw him and george more together! i love their vibe but they seem to do so few social media things (though lewis doesn’t really get involved in that much). his coolness combined with george’s slight earnestness is something i need more of!

also i love the: you’re wearing your own bowling shoes?!?! i’m telling dad 🤣 ness of that video.
Oh, Lewis will be in episode 2 and 3 of our psychoanalisis :LOL: (I love him, but I think he is a bit all over the place between controlling himself and presenting a certain image, and being spontaneous and showing real emotions, I understand why, looking at his story, but his duality is indeed fascinating:love: You can be yourself with us, LewLew!!!😘😘

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
I LOVE THIS GEORGE LOVE even though nyck shall imminently be replacing him in my heart 😅

• Heart
Reactions: 8
same :love:

meanwhile, Papa Sainz is unstoppable, prepares for Dakar 2023 :D:giggle: I found one clip some time ago,from old times, when he was younger, and there it's so visible how Carlos is similar to him, quite adorable. I am far away from identyfying people through they parents, they are separate persons and have right to be seen as such, but I always find it kind of adorable when you can see some common traits. I will try to find this clip again, if I do I'll post it :D
Oh do!! I'd love to see it!! ❤❤

lewis’ fond bemusement of george is adorable 🤣

I just love this!!! ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Oh, Lewis will be in episode 2 and 3 of our psychoanalisis :LOL: (I love him, but I think he is a bit all over the place between controlling himself and presenting a certain image, and being spontaneous and showing real emotions, I understand why, looking at his story, but his duality is indeed fascinating:love: You can be yourself with us, LewLew!!!😘😘
he will! maybe episode 4 too 😉 i think he definitely plays his cards close to his chest and is the hardest to read on the grid in that way (and obviously seems to do the least sport based social media) - but then he instagrams like someone who has a lot of live laugh love prints in his apartment.

i think he keeps himself guarded because ultimately a lot of people in and around this sport have been awful to him but then you see the little moments where he lets that drop. he’s the one i’m most intrigued to see after he retires because i genuinely don’t know what he’ll choose to do after racing.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
i think he keeps himself guarded because ultimately a lot of people in and around this sport have been awful to him
Just want to say this is good point I hadn't considered, but it makes a lot of sense in how he carries himself. just goes to show how deep that gets internalized no matter who you are.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
i think he keeps himself guarded because ultimately a lot of people in and around this sport have been awful to him
Honestly, this. Why would he be open considering how awful people are to him? Whatever he says, whatever he does is analysed and picked apart in a way no one else has to deal with. He’s definitely got better with age, he was so guarded when he first joined McLaren. At least now he acts how he wants, and I feel like he’s more open with the other drivers than he has been in the past. You also have to remember he was screwed over by the one guy he truly considered a friend (Nico) so that probably set him back a lot. Hearing him refer to VB as his friend last year made me low-key emotional ngl it felt like a turning point

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Just want to say this is good point I hadn't considered, but it makes a lot of sense in how he carries himself. just goes to show how deep that gets internalized no matter who you are.
absolutely - i suppose a better way to describe him (rather than guarded) is self-protective, which is understandable! i wish we saw more of him but i also get that he shares when he’s prepared to share, and carefully at that.

Honestly, this. Why would he be open considering how awful people are to him? Whatever he says, whatever he does is analysed and picked apart in a way no one else has to deal with. He’s definitely got better with age, he was so guarded when he first joined McLaren. At least now he acts how he wants, and I feel like he’s more open with the other drivers than he has been in the past. You also have to remember he was screwed over by the one guy he truly considered a friend (Nico) so that probably set him back a lot. Hearing him refer to VB as his friend last year made me low-key emotional ngl it felt like a turning point
his post about VB was absolutely huge imo. you so rarely see him being just openly affectionate like “he is the best teammate i’ve ever had” 🥺 i think VB had no expectations of him and is obviously just an incredibly chilled dude, and for lewis that was probably a big deal. i feel like he’s openly like that with seb though, and i enjoy his dynamic with a lot of the younger drivers now, he’s spoken a lot about how no one was there for him in their position so he tries to be there for them.

i know we talked about nico before but it still makes me sad. that was obviously a deep running friendship that meant a lot to both of them and nico decided the wdc was worth more and became a petty manipulative bond villain who eventually retired to a lair. i can’t imagine the betrayal of that, especially to someone who doesn’t seem to make super close friendships with other drivers.

he can’t do right for doing wrong in all honesty, and keeping yourself aloof can be a form of self preservation. it obviously works for him and he’s definitely settled into a kind of inner peacefulness now.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
his post about VB was absolutely huge imo. you so rarely see him being just openly affectionate like “he is the best teammate i’ve ever had” 🥺 i think VB had no expectations of him and is obviously just an incredibly chilled dude, and for lewis that was probably a big deal. i feel like he’s openly like that with seb though, and i enjoy his dynamic with a lot of the younger drivers now, he’s spoken a lot about how no one was there for him in their position so he tries to be there for them.

i know we talked about nico before but it still makes me sad. that was obviously a deep running friendship that meant a lot to both of them and nico decided the wdc was worth more and became a petty manipulative bond villain who eventually retired to a lair. i can’t imagine the betrayal of that, especially to someone who doesn’t seem to make super close friendships with other drivers.

he can’t do right for doing wrong in all honesty, and keeping yourself aloof can be a form of self preservation. it obviously works for him and he’s definitely settled into a kind of inner peacefulness now.
It’s funny because him and Valtteri are seemingly polar opposites and I didn’t think they ever really interacted much but I guess over time their bond just strengthened. Last year especially, VB was really supportive of Lewis and I think Merc generally were a much tighter unit, because they felt like they were fighting against everyone. I even remember when Lewis got disqualified in Brazil, they were talking tactics together to make sure Valtteri took pole from Max.
In the interview he did recently with Naomi he said he’s the happiest he’s ever been and I do feel like it shows tbh, despite everything that’s happened this year he seems always upbeat. Just incredible mental strength

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.