F1 Chatter #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry but is anyone, Max fans and the FIA aside, stupid enough to believe Red Bull actually overspent … on catering for staff? We all know that the extra money went on the car. Money not spent on food, sick pay etc is all money that the team will have used. The way journalists are trying to spin it (mainly that Dutch guy) as if that’s where the extra money were spent is shocking
I also don't buy it. I mean every team have to deal with sick leaves why would there be more at red bull than in any other team? And for the food, this is a joke, if you know you will overspend just buy less expensive food 🙄

Reactions: 7
yep... budget management 101. or why you should get a good accountant
It’s cheating, actually. That’s half of Alfa Romeos entire development budget for the year. Pathetic team, as always. Christian is a lying sneak and he always has been

Reactions: 8

I'm guessing we're gonna end up with the (I) option
I am predicting the same option as well, because "it is a learning stage, everyone needs to get used to it" :ROFLMAO:

I want equal budgets and the competition all being only based on pure engineering and organisational skills

Reactions: 5
Yes you are right for Aston i edited my post just after because i apparently can't read things right 😅. Even if i still don't really understand what kind of procedurial thing it can be. I mean Williams had submitted their report past the deadline in May i think, so why are they not mentionned here? 🤷‍♀️ And i agree with you minor or not they gained an advantage from it. But i think the FIA won't do anything if i'm honnest.
Williams paid a €25.000 fine though. I don’t know how that incident is separate so it must be a different procedural breach.

As for penalties, Red Bull and the FIA can agree to an accepted breach agreement which is basically more money for the FIA. So yeah, great repercussions. The only real way Red Bull is gonna get a penalty, which is probably gonna be the public reprimand because it’s Red Bull, is if they don’t agree to that agreement.

Reactions: 8
Sick pay isn’t even included in the budget cap so how are they saying that’s one of the areas they were over?

Reactions: 6
Just to give us all something light and cheerful to think about instead of Red Bull cheating and the FIA covering it up etc.

Twitter thread of Pato O'Ward as otters and being otterly adorable.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Just to give us all something light and cheerful to think about instead of Red Bull cheating and the FIA covering it up etc.

Twitter thread of Pato O'Ward as otters and being otterly adorable.

omg, it's adorable!!!
I kind of needed that 😘

• Heart
Sick pay isn’t even included in the budget cap so how are they saying that’s one of the areas they were over?
Because they’re twisting this now the way they want it to to not admit they’ve cheated in a championship that technically wasn’t theirs to win in the first place. This sport makes me sick.

I‘d have more respect for them if they just admitted to it and apologized.

• Angry
Because they’re twisting this now the way they want it to to not admit they’ve cheated in a championship that technically wasn’t theirs to win in the first place. This sport makes me sick.

I’m raging tbh. People were made redundant because of this, in the middle of a pandemic. Completely shameless

Reactions: 9

so was it catering and sick pay or was it no overspending? gotta pick one

Reactions: 5
I’m raging tbh. People were made redundant because of this, in the middle of a pandemic. Completely shameless
Sick pay is explicitly stated not to be paid from the budget cap.
And catering isn’t even in the budget cap either. Or else Williams would be done for - have you seen their hospitality 😂 what a load of bullshit
1665417928921.jpeg

1665418001727.jpeg

I think it upsets me because I know so many people that lost their jobs during covid, and how much it affected them. At least 50 employees from basically every team were made redundant, purely because of the cost cap. $2 million could have paid at least some of those wages, if not all. It’s horrible actually and I don’t know why people are acting like it’s funny

• Heart
It’s cheating, actually. That’s half of Alfa Romeos entire development budget for the year. Pathetic team, as always. Christian is a lying sneak and he always has been
i mean yes its cheating...
I think it upsets me because I know so many people that lost their jobs during covid, and how much it affected them. At least 50 employees from basically every team were made redundant, purely because of the cost cap. $2 million could have paid at least some of those wages, if not all. It’s horrible actually and I don’t know why people are acting like it’s funny
For me,i dont think its funny at all. Especially the reality about people having to lose their jobs to make the cap. Unfortunately its how big business does things all the time. In the US at least its taxes, an while its not necessarily illegal, Its morally and ethically wrong. Im not surprised frankly, and not trying to dismiss it. As someone said on another post what's the point in having cost caps if they arent respected by all.... although like everything else in F1 they will push all limits and rules until they cant. hopefully this will tighten things up and I agree it should be punished. But I dont think it will be a drop in the bucket to red bull going forward. Cost Cap is one thing, but it doesn't explain their complete dominance either.

Reactions: 3
For me,i dont think its funny at all. Especially the reality about people having to lose their jobs to make the cap. Unfortunately its how big business does things all the time. In the US at least its taxes, an while its not necessarily illegal, Its morally and ethically wrong. Im not surprised frankly, and not trying to dismiss it. As someone said on another post what's the point in having cost caps if they arent respected by all.... although like everything else in F1 they will push all limits and rules until they cant. hopefully this will tighten things up and I agree it should be punished. But I dont think it will be a drop in the bucket to red bull going forward. Cost Cap is one thing, but it doesn't explain their complete dominance either.
Im not of the opinion that that’s why they’ve been miles ahead of everyone this year. To me that’s mainly down to Adrian Newey being the only guy in the paddock with experience in ground effect. Do i believe it gave them an extra upgrade or two last year? Yes, I do. Does that anger me? Absolutely

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.