Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Alfie1234

VIP Member
Wanted to reply to nohorsehans story about anyone known of any puppies for her Dad and say why not consider a rescue dog? Does my head in how people always want puppies when there's so many other dogs needing homes!
I saw that Shelley is sending Pea away for rebacking to then put her up for sale. Good decision I think, and good to be so open about it when a horse is too much for you. Wonder if she'll get another one or just concentrate on Molly
And is RWC wearing her riding hat for skiing?! 😂😂
Im afraid I’m the opposite, nothing more annoying than people asking about puppies and being told to adopt. IMO adopting isn’t straightforward and it’s not for everyone, the important thing is that whether you adopt or buy that you do it responsibly and with great thought after researching your breeds. Too many people adopt because they feel they have to and the poor dog ends up going back time and time again. Then there’s how difficult it is to actually adopt a dog ….

Reactions: 31

horsey1234

Watching Tina’s reels from that trainer riding Banksy whilst she is away, and the reels of him jumping each time he looks incredible and does not chip in once, it must be the way Tina rides him 🤷🏼‍♀️
To be fair, I think if a 5* rider got on all of our horses they would go better for them than they do for us…

Reactions: 30

horsey1234

This just sums RWC up for me. Imagine describing someone who is probably also scared as 'poxy' with no regard for how they may be feeling with the language barrier or their most valuable business asset on the line in a dangerous situation. Anyone would be frightened in that situation but only a cruel person would lash out online and show their followers their true colours. She's the epitome of a horrible person with a lovely horse - clearly just views them as machines. Maybe someone will buy her a quad bike one day and she can ride that around her 'dressage arena'.
Anyone who goes to another country on holiday and then moans that the locals don't speak English is just gross

Reactions: 26

Horsemum

Then there’s how difficult it is to actually adopt a dog ….
Agree. I recently tried to adopt. Experienced with rescue dogs, experienced fosterer for several years, mostly large breeds. I’ve only ever bought one dog in my life, the rest have all been rescues and a couple of failed fosters. Adult only household, someone almost always home, I work from home, secure garden with high fences no visiting children. Good dog walking area.
I have another dog who gets on well with other dogs and a cat who’s been with dogs her whole life. I had cats all along too so I’m used to introductions.
Rescues wouldn’t give me the time of day. I watched them beg for homes, but not even reply to me. This was more than one rescue.
Frankly I’m sick of the adopt don’t shop crowd guilting people from their ivory towers.
I did a private rehome instead in the end for a gorgeous dog that had clearly come from one of those back yard breeders into a totally unsuitable home. So a dog still got saved from a bad future.

getting a well bred puppy supports responsible breeding. We should be doing that or the good breeders would die out leaving just the puppy mills

• Heart
Reactions: 19

sledgehammer

Chatty Member
I haven't watched the video but did a bit of a snoop on his old owner and thought this was very telling. Also thought the second screenshot re the feet was also interesting.
He has dealt with it far better than I would have! Tina basically used that horse to bomb about with, with very little consideration for the fact that it was someone else’s animal.
I found her behaviour with that cob very disappointing and if I’d have been the owner, I would have been absolutely fuming.

Reactions: 18

hippolife

New thread title “RWC is irrational, thinks she’s infallible, and definitely hasn’t qualified for Nationals”

• Haha
  • Heart

_Willfully_

I'm watching Matt Harnacke in Saudi. Obviously been paid a lot to promote tourism there... Not somewhere I'd go as a woman and I'm amazed he's ok with going there
I found that bizarre as well. A gay person advertising a country where gay people can be put to death for being gay? I don't think every gay person has a duty to be an activist for LGBT rights, but I would have expected a touch of solidarity.

lulu_234

She’s so cheeky! I don’t think this person said anything offensive at all, but she got a cat claw response. I laugh a bit as she keeps going on about how busy she is, her long days etc, but she has plenty of time to reply to lots of people on social media, either to be horrible or say thank you to her fan club
Call me old fashioned but what happened to using hacking for fitness, lateral work, interval training, confidence building... All pretty important things for competition horse to have... I must be wrong though, as I'm 1. not a vet, and 2. not a top competition rider - aren't those her caveats for having an opinion?

• Heart

unicorn fairy

VIP Member
I’m sorry but how did this get the score she did? It’s absolutely horrendous to be able to get the scores with a horse that competes in this way. She is literally hanging off him the whole time, he’s shying because he can’t see anything other than the ground, he’s trying to lift his head up and he has no release at all, even in the stretch trot he’s sucked behind the vertical. And her constant fake smile 😂

Attachments

• Wow
  • Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 16

sledgehammer

Chatty Member
Emily’s Q and A- basically it costs her nothing to keep her horses because she gets free livery, straw and haylage so only pays for things like farrier, worming.
No wonder they can all afford to go to so many clinics and events!
Then lots of sponsored freebies on top of that. These people don’t represent the average equestrian at all, do they?

Reactions: 15

sledgehammer

Chatty Member
I don’t find the riding holiday vlogs interesting at all. I’d far rather watch people pottering around and training horses at home.

dressagediva

They nearly all ride from front to back. None of them seem to concentrate on there back ends, always seems to be where there head carriage lays.
Agreed. On the plus side, watching them makes me feel great. When I get my husband to film my lessons sometimes, I watch it back and think f*ck I'm basically Carl Hester compared to half these YouTubers, get me on that Olympic team.

• Haha
  • Heart

littlelessbloom

Im afraid I’m the opposite, nothing more annoying than people asking about puppies and being told to adopt. IMO adopting isn’t straightforward and it’s not for everyone, the important thing is that whether you adopt or buy that you do it responsibly and with great thought after researching your breeds. Too many people adopt because they feel they have to and the poor dog ends up going back time and time again. Then there’s how difficult it is to actually adopt a dog ….
Couldn’t agree more!!! Adopting is great if you are in the right circumstances and yes, ideally, everyone would adopt. But like you said, not everyone is able to for one reason or another and you do have to match specific criteria if you do want to. The next best thing is to buy from reputable breeders and research your breed and not buy from backyard breeders or buy a breed because they’re fashionable as often these come with more health issues (again, mostly due to backyard breeding).

annonviewer23

Shame to hear about Affie....Hans putting so much work and effort into her...she really loves that horse but worried its not going to be a happy ending for her
I would have questioned 6 days per week of treadmill as rehab work......

Already been said before but she's spending far too much money than sense if she truly wants to pursue some form of horse fun and competition.

Reactions: 14

irishmare

I mean if you were coaching a demo between an amateur rider and an Olympic rider, you know which one is going to stand out to the coach, it’s going to be so obvious. I thought they were both equally treated, and did think as much as Meg was scared shitless, he taught her well and she done quite well.
---

How long is the “Bicton fall” going to haunt her? (If that’s what is it) Her whole mental way of dealing with it on SM is highly boring and we hear the same thing on every vlog when she jumps. If she’s that scared of riding she really shouldn’t be doing it.
I don't think that's fair. I had a rotational fall on my mare over a tiny vertical as a 5yo. It was max 90cm, she just took her eyes off the fence to look at a horse gallop up the field and we both fell. Still, nearly 9 years later, I'm nervous when I come to a vertical (but no issues with oxers). Trauma is trauma and how dare anyone dictate how long that should last.

Reactions: 14

Alfie1234

VIP Member
Em and Lucy might appear to be the best riders but in the end, Meg is the only one to produce multiple horses to her personal goals.
Because Meg is the only one to not work, have a yard full of horses to produce and full time help. Doesn’t make her the best rider IMO. For me it’s Lucy,she’s a very light and forgiving rider, lovely soft hands and very understanding of the horses she’s riding. Em and Tina are pretty equal to me, just decent all round riders, Meg is the bottom of the four because she’s stagnant in her bad habits and they’re impacting her horses behaviour and her riding and she’s doing nothing to change them. I think Wilma will be the making of her because she’s going to have to change the way she’s riding, Jam has adapted and they know each other well enough, Wilma is already starting to get fed up with Megs hands. I see Wilma and Meg becoming the next Addie and Em.

Reactions: 13

Alfie1234

VIP Member
yup and you’re missing out 🤣🤣🤣
Lol, bless her for trying, but she just seems like a bit of a tit doing this. If she really wasn’t bothered she’d have just read and moved on, did we get a #bekind and a link to a mental health charity? While totally not realising that she’s just done exactly what she’s complaining about others doing? Oh I love the self delusion of an influencer, they’re a special breed to get up every day, film themselves doing mundane shit and post it to the aether for the plebs to watch and genuflect over and god forbid not everyone has a positive opinion.

_Willfully_

I’m confused as to why she thinks the person who sent her the posts deserves anonymity but the people who post here don’t?
I still think that the whole "someone sent me a screenshot" is code for "I read there but wouldn't ever admit it".