Equestrian Influencers #21 Can you all vlogmas off now please?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There are fates worse than death for a horse! Now if she wants to work trhough the issues and can guarantee the horse won’t be passed from pillar to post then let her crack on. But if you don’t want sensible suggestions keep it off the internet.

Reactions: 1
Charlotte's 'de-brief' as soon as she jumps of the podium really tickled me, she's acting like she's doing an interview after winning the Olympics. "I want to thank Pet Plan for running the Areas" - just absolutely cringed 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
She’s so cheeky! I don’t think this person said anything offensive at all, but she got a cat claw response. I laugh a bit as she keeps going on about how busy she is, her long days etc, but she has plenty of time to reply to lots of people on social media, either to be horrible or say thank you to her fan club
Call me old fashioned but what happened to using hacking for fitness, lateral work, interval training, confidence building... All pretty important things for competition horse to have... I must be wrong though, as I'm 1. not a vet, and 2. not a top competition rider - aren't those her caveats for having an opinion?

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Call me old fashioned but what happened to using hacking for fitness, lateral work, interval training, confidence building... All pretty important things for competition horse to have... I must be wrong though, as I'm 1. not a vet, and 2. not a top competition rider - aren't those her caveats for having an opinion?
Exactly! I was sad to see her write that the mare performs exceptionally at competitions and that’s all that matters. I guess we are all different but strikes me very much as the horse is a machine to her ego.

Reactions: 5
I really like Alanna Clarke. Very mature post about the regionals not going well and can laugh at herself being in the top ten of a class with a max of 10 competitors.

Reactions: 7
Doesn’t she event? Which makes fitness work out hacking vitally important. Or very regular trips to the gallops to get their fitness for cross country if there is no where suitable to to the canter work on a hack. But only being a low level amateur I’m also wrong.

Reactions: 3
Very surprising that someone who used to event at a high level doesn't think hacking is important. The horse is also not some top level competition horse, she's doing less than 1m and not going clear round that. And to add that's fine! But it's hardly some top level Olympic horse you daren't take any risks with. I think she'd find even those horses hack though.

Reactions: 9
I really like Alanna Clarke. Very mature post about the regionals not going well and can laugh at herself being in the top ten of a class with a max of 10 competitors.
I don't know how she does it! Horses on DIY, last year of a lawe degree, a half-time job in a DIY store... She must be the hardest working influencer out there.

Reactions: 4
I don't know how she does it! Horses on DIY, last year of a lawe degree, a half-time job in a DIY store... She must be the hardest working influencer out there.
I think she just puts herself on charge during lectures it’s the only way. I think her mum is horsey and rides but it does seem like Alana puts in more than her fair share of the work.

Reactions: 2
Doesn’t she event? Which makes fitness work out hacking vitally important. Or very regular trips to the gallops to get their fitness for cross country if there is no where suitable to to the canter work on a hack. But only being a low level amateur I’m also wrong.
I’m sure it wasn’t that long ago that she took the horse x country schooling and said it was her first canter on grass, as someone without an arena, that blew my mind.

There are fates worse than death for a horse! Now if she wants to work trhough the issues and can guarantee the horse won’t be passed from pillar to post then let her crack on. But if you don’t want sensible suggestions keep it off the internet.
Yes, but seriously, telling someone that their horse should be put down, a horse that person has likely never seen, and when the owner is a vet, takes "presumptuous" to a whole new level. There is "sensible suggestions" and there is "crossing the line" and I would agree this (from what I have seen of the exchange which is only what was posted here) is the latter.
I don't follow the woman and find her irritating, but people need to remember that some unsolicited advice is inappropriate.

People comment on social media in a way they would never, ever comment to a person's face. I also don't agree that if someone doesn't want ALL responses, including inappropriate ones, they should stay off the Internet. That obviously isn't what you said, but I've seen that idea bandied around.

Yes, but seriously, telling someone that their horse should be put down, a horse that person has likely never seen, and when the owner is a vet, takes "presumptuous" to a whole new level. There is "sensible suggestions" and there is "crossing the line" and I would agree this (from what I have seen of the exchange which is only what was posted here) is the latter.
I don't follow the woman and find her irritating, but people need to remember that some unsolicited advice is inappropriate.

People comment on social media in a way they would never, ever comment to a person's face. I also don't agree that if someone doesn't want ALL responses, including inappropriate ones, they should stay off the Internet. That obviously isn't what you said, but I've seen that idea bandied around.
what I don’t understand is posting provocative videos to a public forum and not expecting the public to have opinions 🤷🏼‍♀️, just post to friends and family. But then doing that doesn’t get you all the “omg! You’re amazing” posts which she clearly wants and enjoys. She just seems to thrive off all the negativity and drama she creates, I think it’s called Main Character Syndrome these days.

Reactions: 7

I probably should have added it’s only a sensible option if the horse is dangerous and it’s risking you injury or death or the horse is only field sound and you can’t afford a lawn mower and a ridden horse. It just pisses me off people palm their lame and dangerous horses off as companions only to be buted up or sedated and sold to unsuspecting buyers for a premium. Just imagine if Miri’s Blondie ended up with someone else, she could have been beaten up every day of her life and then finally snapped and kicked someone near her in the head and killing them. Yes that very extreme and unlikely to happen. But there is only so much aggression from a handler a horse will take before the fight or flight response kicks in.

what I don’t understand is posting provocative videos to a public forum and not expecting the public to have opinions 🤷🏼‍♀️, just post to friends and family. .
Good point. As I said, I don't follow her, I checked some of her videos once and she wasn't for me.

I think it’s called Main Character Syndrome these days.
You might well be right.
---
I probably should have added it’s only a sensible option if the horse is dangerous and it’s risking you injury or death or the horse is only field sound and you can’t afford a lawn mower and a ridden horse. It just pisses me off people palm their lame and dangerous horses off as companions only to be buted up or sedated and sold to unsuspecting buyers for a premium.
We can 100% agree on everything you said there.

Reactions: 1
Lovely vlog from Evie tonight, goes into such detail about the Pelham, which type she’s using, why she’s trying it and the effect that different parts of the bit have plus using two reins opposed to roundings, she even puts diagrams in, very impressed. Then goes on to have a great lesson where she just gets on with it, listens to the instructor and just works hard on improving Maggie, she really has got some super horses,looking forward to following her events this year.

It’s just all so much more grown up than watching Tina, Meg etc.

Lovely vlog from Evie tonight, goes into such detail about the Pelham, which type she’s using, why she’s trying it and the effect that different parts of the bit have plus using two reins opposed to roundings, she even puts diagrams in, very impressed. Then goes on to have a great lesson where she just gets on with it, listens to the instructor and just works hard on improving Maggie, she really has got some super horses,looking forward to following her events this year.

It’s just all so much more grown up than watching Tina, Meg etc.
I was disappointed in her last vlog where Maggie was rearing and they were just brushing it off with saying it’s her sassy attitude……. I’m sure there’s good reasoning for the Pelham, but if a horse is over bent prior to using a Pelham I don’t understand why you would then use a Pelham and block her front end more to cause her rear, I lost some respect in Evie for this, rearing is a sign of saying “no I can’t go forward” it’s never the horses fault. I agree Evie’s maturity is hugely great compared to the others.

I was disappointed in her last vlog where Maggie was rearing and they were just brushing it off with saying it’s her sassy attitude……. I’m sure there’s good reasoning for the Pelham, but if a horse is over bent prior to using a Pelham I don’t understand why you would then use a Pelham and block her front end more to cause her rear, I lost some respect in Evie for this, rearing is a sign of saying “no I can’t go forward” it’s never the horses fault. I agree Evie’s maturity is hugely great compared to the others.
I’ll be interested to see what you think after watching this one, I didn’t see the last one so maybe the detail and explanations in this one are a reflection from what happened in that one?

I’ll be interested to see what you think after watching this one, I didn’t see the last one so maybe the detail and explanations in this one are a reflection from what happened in that one?
Hmm. I watched the previous vlog and then this one, and although she is very mature in her vlogging, the explanation about the Pelham was all about the added pressure points on the head, mouth, poll and no mention of the need for half halts in the seat, using transitions to bring about more balance, it all seemed to be about the front end. It seems such a departure from how she was riding last year. Not sure if Maggie has changed drastically since being more consistently in work or if it is the new instructor. I just think the way she was riding when Nicola Wilson was coaching was so much more about using your seat to balance and re-balance the horse and not front-end brakes.
(also am not a fan of that angle of spur...)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.