Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Bouncer

I think some of them make it up about being sent screen shots just for the drama and to get engagement with all the “aww hun you’re wonderful don’t let them upset you” nauseating type of responses it attracts. Influencers love being talked about as it makes them feel relevant.

Reactions: 11

emulou

I've just been to watch the vlogs and agree Harlow is a great little rider, I loved her trying to confidence coach Meg! I also think she's a a really nice kid, I've never watched anything of hers before and I was kind of expecting her to be abit bratty and full of herself so I was pleasantly surprised

mik05

The bad thing is though with RWC she's scoring well, so why would she change? Her instructor also rode him over bent. This is giving her the green light to carry on as she is why listen to random people on tattle when BD qualified judges are saying it's ok. Not only that, her followers, some of whom may not be very experienced will see this and think it's something to aim for.

catherineshauna

Someone needs to give Meg a history and geography lesson! In recent vlog she mentioned it was the biggest Wilma has jumped since been in the UK then says well technically Ireland is the Uk ! No offense but it most definitely is not. Considering Wilma was purchased in a yard in the republic of Ireland it’s a silly statement to make and very offensive as we have a very long history with the Uk and are very proud to be a republic.

• Wow

sledgehammer

Chatty Member
Em and Lucy might appear to be the best riders but in the end, Meg is the only one to produce multiple horses to her personal goals.
Meg has good facilities and parental support. She was able to go away to uni and have her mum keep the yard running at home and has never had to work a proper job yet. I think this is a fairly big reason why she’s been able to produce more horses. If she was doing it on her own, I think she’d struggle

Alfie1234

VIP Member
She’s had plenty of falls off her ponies &, having followed her for a long time, I think the risk of her being over-horsed is managed well. Most of the clips are her riding him in the arena & I would imagine most of the time are done after he’s finished being worked by his usual adult rider; there have been very few of her riding him in the field & none of her riding him on a hack. It’s a very unique relationship but Ace does look after his jockey & I’ve seen similar with RDA horses/ponies where they are angels with less able riders & cheeky as they come with someone who’s competent.
The reality is that he’s a big animal and she’s a tiny kid, animals spook or stumble and she could get so hurt, but from looking at the channel I’m sure they’d be delighted to use it for clickbait as they seem to do that often. I’m actually shocked at the channel and the obvious exploitation of her, the biggest red flag is all the comments to her from grown adults, absolute weirdos. Also her going live? What goes through these people’s minds that they think putting their kid out there to talk to randoms on the internet? Also on her insta today them saying they’ll probably have to sell one of the ponies because of how expensive the sport is and therein lies why they’re doing it, all for the money.

Alfie1234

VIP Member
Harlow and Esme I’d say, probably Matt too.

Erin is to me not an equestrian influencer, she’s a thirst/fetish girl with horses. Stunning girl but not what I’d call an equestrian influencer at all .
I’d say Matt Harnacke, I find Harlows account disturbing and quite honestly I wish it wasn’t allowed, but until the government are prepared to put protection in place for minors and stop their parents exploiting them it won’t change. Parents are too greedy and selling their kids online is easy money. The little girl Ivy is another one, I just don’t understand what the parents are thinking.

Reactions: 10
South Coast Vet is complaining about trolling for a point made on here a few times 😏
The comments are as you would imagine. I think I need to unfollow her now.
Her online behaviour is quite unbecoming for a professional. Surely you’d just rise above it all and ignore (especially as the original post was about trolling of dressage riders which isn’t even relevant to her?)

Lw61

RWC is actually half Spanish.....and doesn't speak Spanish 🙄. I think she's a really self absorbed and selfish person, but it's incredible that she posts stuff like that publicly, such a lack of awareness
She is awful, such an obnoxious arrogant brat. I feel for her parents how she speaks to them. Her riding and attitude to riding vossi is shocking. The brands that support her have put me off buying from them as her view is if you will pay I will use it 'whatever '. At least Tina makes sure she uses alot of the items and is happy with them before she promotes them paid or gifted.

takeiteasy

Charlotte's 'de-brief' as soon as she jumps of the podium really tickled me, she's acting like she's doing an interview after winning the Olympics. "I want to thank Pet Plan for running the Areas" - just absolutely cringed 😂

• Haha

happybunny110

I really felt for Han when she was sat in the car waiting to go and collect Affie, saying she was really nervous. I cant believe Meg wouldnt make time to go with her for support and an extra pair of hands. Han has been all over the country waiting on meg hand and foot and the favour is never returned. Travelling a horse by yourself is nerve-racking anyway, let alone Affie who seems tricky, and also seemed like things hadnt been smooth sailing with the rehab yard, you could tell she was anxious just to be going there.

unicorn fairy

VIP Member
Neither

she’s qualified for the Pet Plan area festival championship. To be fair it is a national Championship, it’s just not “The Nationals”

Regionals going on now are the qualifiers for the Winter Nationals (aka “The Winters”) which are in Spring and which she is not forward for.

The Nationals actually take place late summer. To get to those she’d need to compete in the silver section and gain regional qualification before 30th June, then compete and qualify via a Regional.
I mean, she’s getting good scores! And she does look smart in her attire the same as Vossi. It does amaze me how they are scoring her highly with an overbent horse, but look at how they are scoring the FEI horses like Lotti Fry, with overbent horses, tight backs and “blue tongue”, it must be the new fashion!
---
Have we got a new thread title?
Yes! The “National” tattle thread 😂

• Haha

hellodes

Megan-Elphick’s-hands. I literally cannot cope,

Don’t get me wrong, we’ve all been there when we’ve socked them in the gob when caught off guard and then cringed hugely watching it back. However the fact she posts these vids quite willingly (and frequently) makes me wonder if she truly sees it at all.
Don’t get me wrong, fantastic rider in most ways, but the HANDS, are painful.

19x94

I don't get why Meg bothers breeding. Winnie is a sweet enough mare, but I've seen nicer riding school ponies.

Do they just do it for fun? It may sound harsh but it seems like a lot of time and money spent to produce mediocre ponies.

storynerd

Chatty Member
No specific thank you to Meg from Pete on his GLM post. she basically handed him a business idea, gave him equipment, and supported and advertised the hell out of it for him.
Oof. I can understand why he would want to establish an identity outside of just "Meg's boyfriend" but without her there's no way he would have had half the opportunities he has!

WeepingCassandra

VIP Member
Kidfluencers, whatever field they're in, are being exploited full stop and I honestly believe that in 100 years time people will look back on this time in history with the same "wtf were they doing" emotions as we do now when we talk about the Victorians sending kids down the mines and up chimneys.

• Heart

storynerd

Chatty Member
And now a secondary post saying "to be safe" Han drove with all their stuff separately.

Not buying it - yes that would reduce it but 2 x horse, fuel, driver - that still adds up. Maybe someone better at guessing horse weight by eye can weigh (pun shamelessly intended) in?

Also I'm sure when they were out in Tina's vlog there was no other car in the car park beside the box, so I'd like to know who "drove with all their stuff" that time...