Equestrian Influencers #21 Can you all vlogmas off now please?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't mind Lottie's riding. I do not like Everdale or Imhotep for that matter, they are both conformationally challenged with that short neck and both hot as hell which is an unfortunate combination. Lottie looks fine on her other rides.

Reactions: 3
Is anyone elses tiktok FYP Lottie Fry and Everdale’s blue tongue incident? 😳 People are commenting on the FEI pages. tit screenshot but that’s supposed to be extended canter but the frame doesn’t look lengthened at all.
Are you sure it's definitely blue? I've not seen any of the tiktoks, but I know another horse's tongue (different rider too) looked blue in the past in some photos. But it turned out to be a glow in the photography from the purple curtains and banners all around the arena. This arena looks similar.

Reactions: 1
I don't mind Lottie's riding. I do not like Everdale or Imhotep for that matter, they are both conformationally challenged with that short neck and both hot as hell which is an unfortunate combination. Lottie looks fine on her other rides.
I guess that’s why he doesn’t look to open his frame out much in extended canter. And being a stallion I expect his crest is bigger than a geldings that makes it look much worse. I want to know if she was actually marked down for the tongue being out as I would be marked down for it being a nobody.
---
Are you sure it's definitely blue? I've not seen any of the tiktoks, but I know another horse's tongue (different rider too) looked blue in the past in some photos. But it turned out to be a glow in the photography from the purple curtains and banners all around the arena. This arena looks similar.
Lots of comments say it is 🤷🏻‍♀️. Trouble is one person says something and others start to see it. It was 100% out though which I thought got marked down as resistance fair enough some of the judges may not have seen it but the one at B should have.

If that was in mechelen last week: I believe lottie won. If there was an actual issue (in person at the event), the fei would have been all over it as it was also a knowledgeable audience.

You can't make your weight disappear from their backs by standing up....it's still over their backs from the stirrups attached to the saddle. You can't change the weight!
No, but you can become lighter in your seat by sitting out of the saddle, the will make the riders weight not so dramatic on there backs. Look how the French rider rode Wilma, exactly that point I’m talking about.

I have even more respect for Banksy now...louies owner was polite but essentially said he had to do alot of work to straighten out the cob after his few months with Tina!!!! She agreed with him that she doesn't like schooling at all.
If Banksys qualified twice for grassroots based upon just fitness and sj/xc practice/lessons, he's an absolute saint of a horse....

I have even more respect for Banksy now...louies owner was polite but essentially said he had to do alot of work to straighten out the cob after his few months with Tina!!!! She agreed with him that she doesn't like schooling at all.
If Banksys qualified twice for grassroots based upon just fitness and sj/xc practice/lessons, he's an absolute saint of a horse....
I haven't watched the video but did a bit of a snoop on his old owner and thought this was very telling. Also thought the second screenshot re the feet was also interesting.

Attachments

Reactions: 2
I haven't watched the video but did a bit of a snoop on his old owner and thought this was very telling. Also thought the second screenshot re the feet was also interesting.
As someone with a barefoot horse, she did him real dirty by putting shoes on as it’s not as easy as shoes on and then off to be successful barefoot. I always said I’d be raging if she had my horse on loan and treated him like that - she pulled him out when it suited and went and did lots of fast work - with not much else in between!

Reactions: 12
Are you sure it's definitely blue? I've not seen any of the tiktoks, but I know another horse's tongue (different rider too) looked blue in the past in some photos.
This happens all the time. There are pics of Imhotep from London with people claiming it's a blue tongue, and when you look properly, it's not his tongue at all, it's his upper lip and foam that makes it look like the tongue when it clearly isn't. Until I see a picture and can blow it up to make sure it isn't doctored (I've seen that before, too - the principle of in dubio pro reo applies as far as I'm concerned.

I guess that’s why he doesn’t look to open his frame out much in extended canter..
Bless him, he doesn't have much frame to open out. Plus he's so hot that I suspect if she let go of him, she'd have trouble getting him back. I really don't like the horse or his offspring. It's weird how very similar breeding can produce two such different horses (Glamourdale and Everdale are very closely related but very different and produce different offspring).

The last episode of SUKO, I thought the girls rode well, but I can’t help thinking that whilst Meg was riding Winnie, she was so scared of riding her, especially XC and I really don’t think young horses are suited to her in this frame of mind, she was riding Jam bitted up to the eye balls and pulling and jamming her before the XX fences and Cam constantly telling her to stop pulling and Jam will stop pulling. I think Meg now would be more suited to a very forgiving schoolmaster that’s had eventing experience, as she’s got so much fear in her riding.

He has dealt with it far better than I would have! Tina basically used that horse to bomb about with, with very little consideration for the fact that it was someone else’s animal.
I found her behaviour with that cob very disappointing and if I’d have been the owner, I would have been absolutely fuming.

Reactions: 18
As someone with a barefoot horse, she did him real dirty by putting shoes on as it’s not as easy as shoes on and then off to be successful barefoot. I always said I’d be raging if she had my horse on loan and treated him like that - she pulled him out when it suited and went and did lots of fast work - with not much else in between!
I lost the small shred of any like I had for her with how she treated Louie and his owner. To me it screamed of someone who uses horses for their own ends.

No, but you can become lighter in your seat by sitting out of the saddle, the will make the riders weight not so dramatic on there backs. Look how the French rider rode Wilma, exactly that point I’m talking about.
You can move your weight so that it's further forward, or back, but you can't make it lighter or less dramatic. All of your weight is always on the horse's back
---
You can move your weight so that it's further forward, or back, but you can't make it lighter or less dramatic. All of your weight is always on the horse's back

This happens all the time. There are pics of Imhotep from London with people claiming it's a blue tongue, and when you look properly, it's not his tongue at all, it's his upper lip and foam that makes it look like the tongue when it clearly isn't. Until I see a picture and can blow it up to make sure it isn't doctored (I've seen that before, too - the principle of in dubio pro reo applies as far as I'm concerned.

Bless him, he doesn't have much frame to open out. Plus he's so hot that I suspect if she let go of him, she'd have trouble getting him back. I really don't like the horse or his offspring. It's weird how very similar breeding can produce two such different horses (Glamourdale and Everdale are very closely related but very different and produce different offspring).
It’s hard to tell on a phone whether it’s blue or not. Theres no denying it’s out, which us mere mortals would get marked down for. And her hands do look low compared to other riders which isn’t always a bad thing if they are soft and giving. The curb rein also looks loose so I’d say her hands are unlikely to be harsh and fixed. Yes the snaffle could cause blue tongue if she held on tight enough but I think theres a good possibility people have ran away with the idea and started seeing the tongue as blue.

---

there must be something in it because every single yard I’ve worked on that’s backed horses always does a light seat in canter for the first few times. My understanding of it is that weight through the stirrup bars spreads the distribution more evenly than sitting, it also allows you & the horse to stay balanced a bit easier. I don’t know how, but light seats do help with young horses.

I watched that Louie update vlog last night. It was awkward and uncomfortable.
Agreed! I had to turn it off <5 mins into them talking. She did her usual talking over him and he seemed totally disinterested in speaking to her.

He has dealt with it far better than I would have! Tina basically used that horse to bomb about with, with very little consideration for the fact that it was someone else’s animal.
I found her behaviour with that cob very disappointing and if I’d have been the owner, I would have been absolutely fuming.
Just reiterates that if you want to loan out your horse - put in any conditions you need even if you think it sounds reasonable and common sense!

Think he's been burned once and would reconsidering loaning out again. .
I would be furious about those shoes if my horse was barefoot and (publicly) what appeared like just dragging my horse out for a jolly.

Reactions: 6
It’s hard to tell on a phone whether it’s blue or not.
With the Imhotep ones I had to cut it out and blow it up in Photoshop on a 27" display to see that it clearly wasn't the tongue at all. But once people run away with something, they are like a pack of terriers with a rat. They won't let go and if you try to put your hand in there you get bitten...

I would be furious about those shoes if my horse was barefoot and (publicly) what appeared like just dragging my horse out for a jolly.
Didn't she ask permission to put shoes on? To be honest I am sure that was discussed. I also doubt she just dragged him out for jollies. She knows better. Or at least she should know better. The jollies is just what she filmed. She said she was finding it hard to find the time to ride 2 a day which is fair enough. It would indicate that she did ride him in between the jollies. The owner also hadn't done anything much with the horse as he had lost interest so whilst I have no doubt his time with Tina didn't improve his schooling, he wasn't sent there on schooling livery, his owner had lost interest.

Wanted to reply to nohorsehans story about anyone known of any puppies for her Dad and say why not consider a rescue dog? Does my head in how people always want puppies when there's so many other dogs needing homes!
I saw that Shelley is sending Pea away for rebacking to then put her up for sale. Good decision I think, and good to be so open about it when a horse is too much for you. Wonder if she'll get another one or just concentrate on Molly
And is RWC wearing her riding hat for skiing?! 😂😂

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.