Equestrian Influencers #21 Can you all vlogmas off now please?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just a thought I had … as it’s an amateur grassroots competition are the horses allowed to be trained by professional riders? I know in showing this is not the the case but just wondered if it was the same with eventing?
Tbf I think Tina has done most of the work herself. So while I get where you are coming from it’s not like Tina is just taking over the reins for competitions.
---
People on Facebook don’t pull their punches lol
Wilma isn’t that much bigger in the grand scheme of things though. Jam Dee and Whinie are just as capable of carrying Meg’s weight as Wilma. Bryni is to small and she’s pushing it with Bear.

Reactions: 2
Wilma isn’t that much bigger in the grand scheme of things though. Jam Dee and Whinie are just as capable of carrying Meg’s weight as Wilma. Bryni is to small and she’s pushing it with Bear.
Weight wise I agree but the extra height (even though it's matched with a finer build) on Wilma does look a better fit for Meg, especially in dressage where she doesn't have her legs hiked up so high

Reactions: 1
I’m guessing Meg is off to Africa for a riding holiday. I am not interested in seeing her gifted amazing vacations on top of everything else.

Reactions: 4
For sure, unless she is going to wear sleeveless shirts in January 😏 And not being very transparent with her use of AD to boot. I honestly wanted to do one for my (our? 🤣) honeymoon but I am not paying that money just so all these "influences" can get it handed to them for nothing. Real lack of confidence that she can galavant around Africa but can't jump her own produced pony without taking its back teeth out.

For sure, unless she is going to wear sleeveless shirts in January 😏 And not being very transparent with her use of AD to boot. I honestly wanted to do one for my (our? 🤣) honeymoon but I am not paying that money just so all these "influences" can get it handed to them for nothing. Real lack of confidence that she can galavant around Africa but can't jump her own produced pony without taking its back teeth out.
And the fact that if her holiday wasn’t paid for, she probably wouldn’t even think twice to go there would she! It’s all fake advertising for money if you ask me. Sooooo fake!

Well that's RWC putting me off equilibrium 🤦‍♀️. Seriously Charlotte if you're going to go begging and are gifted ( probably ) their products you could at least rehearse a few key points about them to save fumbling about reading the back. It was more awkward than if your parent was holding up a cue card. It would of been more realistic to of held them up and said ' I wanted, I begged, I got and you wouldn't of seen vossi in these if I'd had to of paid ' 🤦‍♀️.

Reactions: 3
I don’t find the riding holiday vlogs interesting at all. I’d far rather watch people pottering around and training horses at home.

Reactions: 15
I don’t find the riding holiday vlogs interesting at all. I’d far rather watch people pottering around and training horses at home.
Agreed, I didn't get past a couple of minutes of the portugal(? can't even remember what country) and didn't watch the second round of Iceland either

Reactions: 3
Well that's RWC putting me off equilibrium 🤦‍♀️. Seriously Charlotte if you're going to go begging and are gifted ( probably ) their products you could at least rehearse a few key points about them to save fumbling about reading the back. It was more awkward than if your parent was holding up a cue card. It would of been more realistic to of held them up and said ' I wanted, I begged, I got and you wouldn't of seen vossi in these if I'd had to of paid ' 🤦‍♀️.
She didn’t disclose anywhere at all that this was an ad either… even though it very clearly is 🙄🙄🙄

JumpingwithIvy, awful and shouldn’t be allowed. Overhorsed kid being used for content, YT just suggested a vlog, the start of it has her crying because she’s hurt herself going over a jump, pony jumped awkwardly and she hit her head on its mane/neck and I think scratched her eye. Does anyone rush to help or console her? Nope, just kept filming her in distress and talking to her so it was all on camera. Then sends her off filming herself to get her rosette, 8 yrs old and she’s walking around talking to a camera about what vlogs she can put up on YT. So so sad, clearly they want another Harlow with her.
What I really didn't like was all the horrid comments on her page. The video came across as though the child has seen or sees them. Noway should an 8 year old being seeing those.

What I really didn't like was all the horrid comments on her page. The video came across as though the child has seen or sees them. Noway should an 8 year old being seeing those.
Cba to go and find the comments but horrid comments are the reason kids should not be on social media especially a public one! It baffles me why people want to open kids up to bullying when they get enough of it in schools.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
Cba to go and find the comments but horrid comments are the reason kids should not be on social media especially a public one! It baffles me why people want to open kids up to bullying when they get enough of it in schools.
I certainly wouldn't want my children doing vlogs but I don't/won't post photos of my own child on any social media, even my own. I can understand calling the comments out, bullying should not be tolerated but it came across as though the child has seen/read them which is so sad. She's a cracking little rider.

I don’t usually look as I tend to watch YT on tv, I’ll go and see. IMO the parents are currently negligent of her physical and mental welfare, putting her on the stallion over enormous jumps is ridiculous, there’s one where she’s literally bounced right out of the saddle and stays on by good luck. It’s all for views and nothing else, utter exploitation.
---
Money and sponsorship deals for the parents and for the kids it gets them “friends” and they are emulating their idols like Meg, I cannot fathom why responsible parents think this is the right thing for a young, impressionable child.
---
I certainly wouldn't want my children doing vlogs but I don't/won't post photos of my own child on any social media, even my own. I can understand calling the comments out, bullying should not be tolerated but it came across as though the child has seen/read them which is so sad. She's a cracking little rider.
She’s just a kid on point and go ponies, at the moment she’s brave because nothing has happened to change that, but if they keep overhorsing her it will change.

Reactions: 4
I think she Ivy has had her fair share of falls, and some of the ponies don't seem point and shoot. She is brave and can ride. For me it's not about the child. It's the parents exposing her to what may not be healthy. I guess we do live in a different world and all this social media and vlogging is becoming the norm. Building a child's resilience is an important job and maybe her parents think vlogging and not listening to haters helps with that. It certainly wouldn't be my way and I worry it's the parents who want her to be internet famous. There's something I don't feel comfortable about with all these insta/tiktok/youtube kids not just one in particular. Maybe I'm just an old fashioned parent, but I want my children to be children and enjoy their childhood in a simple way, without worries of how many followers they have, having to be filmed and perform.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.