Equestrian Influencers #11 They don't sponsor you? @ them till they do!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Esme is down to earth and not stuck up or bratty. She also has her manners unlike other influencers. I do like this esme and watch her videos and podcasts but she a bit unreliable for me personally she nearly 22 years old and has her own little cottage she bought herself and was able to to completely fix the issues it had and was able to get a whole new bathroom. If I being honest she does come from money and I say her parents are rich look at the the stable setup most people who have horses at home can’t afford an arena. She has a better setup than most livery yards.
There’s no doubt she comes from money, but she is fairly wealthy herself now, off her own back (you can get vague figures of her net worth online, and it’s quite impressive). She has purchased the cottage herself and has been honest about trying to save money by decorating herself, given how much structural work needed doing.

She’s quite open that she was never the ‘cool’ kid at school and has even hinted that she was probably seen as the geeky horsey girl. I can see how youngsters find someone like Meg more appealing, but I think the older you get, the more you realise that cool is for the young and there’s a lot to be said for influencers like Esme.

Reactions: 6
Rhi has put Woody down :(
So desperately sad for her, I know how she must feel and it’s horrible to have to make that decision, but always the right one to make for the horse even if it’s not the right one for us. I respect her completely

I am beyond gutted for Rhi - she's been on my mind a lot as her radio silence of late suggested this was going to happen. She's done the right thing by her and by Woody, but bloody hell it's heartbreaking.

Reactions: 5
There's a lot I find unrelatable about Esme, but tbh the same could be said about most equestrian influencers, and I'm not really sure if that's a problem as a I still watch them...

She's caught my attention with her recent videos, especially the house renovation series. I've actually met her a couple of times and she was very pleasant and polite (and good with the swathes of kids who were queuing up to take photos with her). I think perhaps what people might struggle with is the fact that her image is SO squeaky clean that there's none of the warts and all oversharing that so many other influencers use as part of their brand.

I was talking about this with some teens on my yard the other week and they agreed that they found other influencers like Erin Williams or Meg more entertaining and more "cool" - but all seemed to respect what Esme has done with her brand. She's doing something very, very right if that's what her critics are landing on, and I suspect she's much happier for having created a divide between her on and off screen life (I think there's a boyfriend but he's never actually been seen, just his dog in a couple of insta stories), as well as it clearly paying dividends in her views and brand deals.

Anyone who has a horse of their own to film for YouTube is already much more privileged than the average - at least she seems very grateful for everything (I think her parents started off as totally unhorsey too, even if they had a bit of money in the bank) and does a lot of the maintenance etc for her yard herself. It's hard to find fault with all of that.
Theres definitely a lot unrelatable about her, very few 22 year olds can afford to buy they own horse let alone house. But one thing to remember is she never went uni so didn’t have 4 years with very little income. She’s gone from school to working straight away on something she from the sounds of it has worked on while at school. I also expect she’s probably not hugely materialistic and spending a fortune on matchy matchy like RTG. Ok she get’s it through her sponsorships but she does come across as more mature and has probably saved a lot of what she has earned.

Reactions: 2
The 'Putting my trainers hat on' made me cringe! Who or what does she think she is?! I distinctly average rider with the ability to fake nerves to pray on the bank balances of the genuinely nervous....
Holy Mother of God she’s outdone herself today on the insta stories…

I am beyond gutted for Rhi - she's been on my mind a lot as her radio silence of late suggested this was going to happen. She's done the right thing by her and by Woody, but bloody hell it's heartbreaking.
I'm really upset for her. I rehabbed/retired my horse around the same time she went through it with Woody. She does loads of content to help first time horse owners, and her talking about this is so important. It must have helped a lot of people, and being responsible for retirement/end of life is something owners need to think about.

Same. Shed a tear reading her post 😢

Reactions: 3
Very sad news for Rhi indeed. I actually wondered why she’d gone so quiet the other day.

Reactions: 1
There was no doubt that Rhi would make the right decision for Woody. She’s always been such a conscious and caring owner. So so sad for her

Watching Tina’s latest, and she’s gone from riding perfectly in control with Lucinda’s training, and fast with Cams training 🤷🏼‍♀️ Poor Tina was telling Cam that she fella it’s too fast for her. Lucinda had Tina and Banks brilliantly jumping and not getting too deep to the jumps, but I don’t like Cams training for Tina. I wonder if they feel confused after having lessons with so many different trainers in a short space of time.
I have to agree - it looked too frantic. The way they jumped at Lucinda’s was amazing and the results they had at the competition after proved that too.

Thoughts on Justine Ward’s ODE vlog- especially about her “bitterness” towards the dressage judge and score?

Thoughts on Justine Ward’s ODE vlog- especially about her “bitterness” towards the dressage judge and score?
I thought her score was rather harsh, but I did agree with the comments about her rein being too short and him being btv.
---
Just watching Emily's new vlog, Addie is really throwing her head a lot now 😱 She also said she went to this training (same as tina) so 2 lessons, both jumping elements and then went out to an arena xc comp the next day I believe. Also remembering the fact they travelled up to Bicton and back.. that's a lot.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Goodness… Tina’s reel, her SJ lesson with Cam, flat out fast on the SJ course! What is the point of that?? Lucinda’s training down the drain 🫣 She’s going flat out faster now than she ever did before! Looks terrible to me!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.