Equestrian Influencers #11 They don't sponsor you? @ them till they do!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She was singing the praises of a different bit not long ago? Wonder if it’s an expert bits pelham.
Expert Bits do have Pelhams.

And that means she can never change a bit? Come on let's be real, as a horse develops, their feel of the bit and what you feel can also change. A different bit can help. Equally having bits for different phases etc.

It is not a negative if she wants to change

Reactions: 3
Just watched Meg's vlog - dressage was really neat and tidy, not surprised she got that score. Thought DD was in a good frame. SJ also good, XC very grabby, but can imagine it was all a bit frantic being the first time out.
Had to think during the SJ how lovely a rhythm she was in, totally different to how Tina was on her latest with Cam. I know other people have mentioned it, but going hell for leather does not equal balanced!
Han is a legend - what a great support crew Meg has.

I’ve just watched Emily’s vlog and the show jumping instructor is great, dunno where she’s based or what her background is but I really enjoyed watching her teach them.

Reactions: 1
I love This Esme and how she runs her business, and I try so hard to enjoy her vlogs. But the one with Gemma was just so awkward. I know its not her brand to be super personal and jokey, but she comes across so shy on camera! I sometimes think if the people she is interviewing weren't so talkative there would be nothing to say!

Looks like Jam is now in a Pelham 🤔
That’ll be good practice for Meg, she will have to learn to be a little softer in her hands and not grab and hold like she does with Dee. Will be interesting to see how she rides her out on course with it, remember Meg is a backwards rider that holds and kills the canter…..

Reactions: 2
Expert Bits do have Pelhams.

And that means she can never change a bit? Come on let's be real, as a horse develops, their feel of the bit and what you feel can also change. A different bit can help. Equally having bits for different phases etc.

It is not a negative if she wants to change
I’m not saying she can’t change just she was saying a totally different bit was the best thing since sliced bread a short while ago.
---
Just watched Meg's vlog - dressage was really neat and tidy, not surprised she got that score. Thought DD was in a good frame. SJ also good, XC very grabby, but can imagine it was all a bit frantic being the first time out.
Had to think during the SJ how lovely a rhythm she was in, totally different to how Tina was on her latest with Cam. I know other people have mentioned it, but going hell for leather does not equal balanced!
Han is a legend - what a great support crew Meg has.
Just shows Lucinda is a better instructor than Cam.

That’ll be good practice for Meg, she will have to learn to be a little softer in her hands and not grab and hold like she does with Dee. Will be interesting to see how she rides her out on course with it, remember Meg is a backwards rider that holds and kills the canter…..
This was what I was thinking, it will be interesting to see how it works out for them

I can’t fathom that a horse that must be 9-12 can be ridden and evented in a snaffle for years (with a waterford for jumping) can so quickly need a bit as strong as a universal? Yes a bit is only as harsh as your hands but Meg is hardly known for her softness…just seems odd to me that this sponsorship comes a long and the ponies are kitted up in strong bits they’ve never needed before and Dee hardly looks strong (yes obviously we wouldn’t know first hand)

Is she using roundings with the Pelham on Jam? I haven’t seen anything of her using the Pelham but I’m sure she probably is. Then again, I wouldn’t trust her hands using double reins.
---
Just watched Meg's vlog - dressage was really neat and tidy, not surprised she got that score. Thought DD was in a good frame.
Haven’t watched the vlog properly yet and just watched the dressage without sound so didn’t hear the voice over but I think it was quite tense a lot of the time with Dee seeming backwards. I thought it was most noticeable in the canter where it lacked forward impulsion (probably the wind causing some tension). I also thought a lot of it seemed inaccurate with a lot of elements of working inside the track and not hitting the movements at the right times. Not an awful test by any means but I wouldn’t have thought sub-30 at a glance (also in relation to the other dressage results that day)

Attachments

Last edited:
Charlotte trying to be as funny as SillyPrune is just so cringe, I can’t watch it anymore

Reactions: 5
I can’t fathom that a horse that must be 9-12 can be ridden and evented in a snaffle for years (with a waterford for jumping) can so quickly need a bit as strong as a universal? Yes a bit is only as harsh as your hands but Meg is hardly known for her softness…just seems odd to me that this sponsorship comes a long and the ponies are kitted up in strong bits they’ve never needed before and Dee hardly looks strong (yes obviously we wouldn’t know first hand)

Is she using roundings with the Pelham on Jam? I haven’t seen anything of her using the Pelham but I’m sure she probably is. Then again, I wouldn’t trust her hands using double reins.
---

Haven’t watched the vlog properly yet and just watched the dressage without sound so didn’t hear the voice over but I think it was quite tense a lot of the time with Dee seeming backwards. I thought it was most noticeable in the canter where it lacked forward impulsion (probably the wind causing some tension). I also thought a lot of it seemed inaccurate with a lot of elements of working inside the track and not hitting the movements at the right times. Not an awful test by any means but I wouldn’t have thought sub-30 at a glance (also in relation to the other dressage results that day)
I remember in one of her very first few vlogs that she doesn’t use any node bands or band aids on her ponies she only uses a Snaffle and the Waterford for the strong ones…. Funny how time changes when a sponsor comes along and changes it all for the sake of advertising! It’s ridiculous.

You know, I've followed adventuresofmegatron for a long time now and I really admire the time and effort Lauren has put in with Mega and she certainly is by no means lame but she's still very swishy tailed and is she just a sassy mare? Is that a thing? I always just thought tail swishing meant uncomfortable.

You know, I've followed adventuresofmegatron for a long time now and I really admire the time and effort Lauren has put in with Mega and she certainly is by no means lame but she's still very swishy tailed and is she just a sassy mare? Is that a thing? I always just thought tail swishing meant uncomfortable.
I also really like Lauren, and again was taught that a swishy tail = discomfort. I kind of wonder with Mega though if it’s remembered pain from before KS and ulcer treatment.

Lauren seems like the kind of owner who looks into things 🤷🏼‍♀️

I also really like Lauren, and again was taught that a swishy tail = discomfort. I kind of wonder with Mega though if it’s remembered pain from before KS and ulcer treatment.

Lauren seems like the kind of owner who looks into things 🤷🏼‍♀️
Yes I really like her too and she absolutely is someone who I think is very aware and likes to get things death with, bit like myself really. I just wonder if it's been discussed about the tail swishing or if it's just put down to her being a sassy mare as she's had lots of everything thrown at her through rehab etc. It's not often you see horses with such prominent tail swishes like mega’s that's all, especially after all the work that's gone into her. I just wonder if it is, like you say, a remembered pain from previous or if there is anything else going on.

It’s funny when Pete first popped up in vlogs Meg jokingly referred to him as her nutritionist (or personal trainer?) and now he’s actually her cameraman!

I think Esme just levelled herself up with the Bloomfields horse box giveaway! 😍
How? She’s only giving away some branded clothing? And she’s already been affiliated with them for a while. She has a custom made Equito horsebox which is there sister company

I really don’t get the Esme hype, I first came across her when I was younger and still semi her target audience and I just thought her lack of riding ability was boring and her content was childish (even though I was young myself). I can imagine it would be a bit more bearable if you were a beginner or something but I find it incredibly boring. I watched her video with Gemma Owen purely to see the comparison between Gemma on love island and her around horses and I just thought Esme was incredibly awkward and boring. Probably an unpopular opinion but 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 10
I really don’t get the Esme hype, I first came across her when I was younger and still semi her target audience and I just thought her lack of riding ability was boring and her content was childish (even though I was young myself). I can imagine it would be a bit more bearable if you were a beginner or something but I find it incredibly boring. I watched her video with Gemma Owen purely to see the comparison between Gemma on love island and her around horses and I just thought Esme was incredibly awkward and boring. Probably an unpopular opinion but 🤷‍♀️
Very level headed girl and mature, but I find her vlogs boring…. Not sure what type of viewers she attracts. However she has done incredibly well for herself and isn’t greedy in sponsorship and gifts like the others are.
ELS Eventing has to be one of my top ones, does well with her horses and is a nice rider, has goals and works hard.

Reactions: 6
Very level headed girl and mature, but I find her vlogs boring…. Not sure what type of viewers she attracts. However she has done incredibly well for herself and isn’t greedy in sponsorship and gifts like the others are.
ELS Eventing has to be one of my top ones, does well with her horses and is a nice rider, has goals and works hard.
I think a lot of that has to do with how earlier she started vlogging and posting etc, I think if she’d started the same time as Meg for example she’d be advertising the same brands, she now just had the ability to pick and choose more. Ngl if I was a YouTuber I’d be taking all the brand deals I can get, the career’s never going to last forever so may as well milk it while you can…it’ll potentially make their careers a bit shorter from people getting bored of seeing the sponsorships etc but I guess it’s a toss up

I think a lot of that has to do with how earlier she started vlogging and posting etc, I think if she’d started the same time as Meg for example she’d be advertising the same brands, she now just had the ability to pick and choose more. Ngl if I was a YouTuber I’d be taking all the brand deals I can get, the career’s never going to last forever so may as well milk it while you can…it’ll potentially make their careers a bit shorter from people getting bored of seeing the sponsorships etc but I guess it’s a toss up
See that’s where it’s unfair IMO, milking brands and sponsors. There are people out there who actually work full time and struggle to make ends meet, whilst there’s YouTubers who are born into money (that’s fine) but still continue to take everything they can get from anyone and anything whether it’s hello fresh or Y food to saddles and horse boxes, then publish it over SM, whilst some find it nice to see and others not so much. YouTubers do well for themselves because they don’t have to buy anything, I find a lot of them very hard to watch because of that reason. Filming your self riding a horse and editing a video is not a 38+ hour a week job.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.