Equestrian Influencers #11 They don't sponsor you? @ them till they do!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is it just me, or does jemmaandtaya's taya never really look that sound? Especially in todays story of her trotting through the puddle. Not uneven as such, but certainly uncomfortable.
She hasn’t looked sound or comfortable for ages but Jemma doesn’t want to hear it

Reactions: 1
Oh my god, the pictures equi_light have shared of RTG are so bad 😧
in what way?
---
I'm relatively new to this whole instagram equine influencer malarky, can anyone explain to me what makes it worth It for a 'creator' to make loads of posts and reels just to get a freebie?
I'm sure the reach some of these creators have are great - yet none of them charge? what's with that?

in what way?
---
I'm relatively new to this whole instagram equine influencer malarky, can anyone explain to me what makes it worth It for a 'creator' to make loads of posts and reels just to get a freebie?
I'm sure the reach some of these creators have are great - yet none of them charge? what's with that?
How do you know that they don’t charge?

Judging on the size of the jumps, Meg seems to have well and truly got over her confidence blip this evening!

Reactions: 7
in what way?
---
Many do charge. For the majority it’s an income source. For others it’s a hobby and the freebies are an additional perk for something they’d be doing regardless

Watching Tina’s latest, and she’s gone from riding perfectly in control with Lucinda’s training, and fast with Cams training 🤷🏼‍♀️ Poor Tina was telling Cam that she fella it’s too fast for her. Lucinda had Tina and Banks brilliantly jumping and not getting too deep to the jumps, but I don’t like Cams training for Tina. I wonder if they feel confused after having lessons with so many different trainers in a short space of time.

Reactions: 8
She was a pony Meg produced around 2019 until she told her to some young girl called Ellie who was painful to watch ride (there’s a video around June 2019 on Megs insta of the new girl riding her)
I also loved Efa, she was fab. I miss Meg's vlogs about producing the ponies she had in too, they were my fave

Reactions: 4
Miri Hackett and Blondie….. I feel like Blondie seems arena sour?? Maybe that’s why she gets stuck and sassy?

Reactions: 1
She was a pony Meg produced around 2019 until she told her to some young girl called Ellie who was painful to watch ride (there’s a video around June 2019 on Megs insta of the new girl riding her)
She's with someone else now as a show jumper and looks to be thriving

Should I as a 31 year old have a bit of a soft spot for Esme? Had a listen to her podcast and she seems such a sweet genuine girl and is one of the very few influencers I’d let my you niece watch. I also thought she would be a bratty little teenager bit like Olivia and Meg but she clearly isn’t even though her family must not necessarily wealthy like Olivia's family but not poor and have to penny pinch so has had a fairly privileged upbringing. I think she’s a credit to her parents, they seem to have raised her to be a lovely polite young lady.

Reactions: 12
Esme is a beautiful young lady who comes across as honest, genuine and kind. She is aware of her audience and makes good business decisions for her brand. She deserves all her success and some of these others could learn a lot from her!

Reactions: 11
I stable on the same lane as esme and see her out hacking fairly often. Always has a smile and a polite hello. Seems very genuine.

Reactions: 9
Should I as a 31 year old have a bit of a soft spot for Esme? Had a listen to her podcast and she seems such a sweet genuine girl and is one of the very few influencers I’d let my you niece watch. I also thought she would be a bratty little teenager bit like Olivia and Meg but she clearly isn’t even though her family must not necessarily wealthy like Olivia's family but not poor and have to penny pinch so has had a fairly privileged upbringing. I think she’s a credit to her parents, they seem to have raised her to be a lovely polite young lady.
Esme is down to earth and not stuck up or bratty. She also has her manners unlike other influencers. I do like this esme and watch her videos and podcasts but she a bit unreliable for me personally she nearly 22 years old and has her own little cottage she bought herself and was able to to completely fix the issues it had and was able to get a whole new bathroom. If I being honest she does come from money and I say her parents are rich look at the the stable setup most people who have horses at home can’t afford an arena. She has a better setup than most livery yards.

Reactions: 3
Esme is down to earth and not stuck up or bratty. She also has her manners unlike other influencers. I do like this esme and watch her videos and podcasts but she a bit unreliable for me personally she nearly 22 years old and has her own little cottage she bought herself and was able to to completely fix the issues it had and was able to get a whole new bathroom. If I being honest she does come from money and I say her parents are rich look at the the stable setup most people who have horses at home can’t afford an arena. She has a better setup than most livery yards.
There's a lot I find unrelatable about Esme, but tbh the same could be said about most equestrian influencers, and I'm not really sure if that's a problem as a I still watch them...

She's caught my attention with her recent videos, especially the house renovation series. I've actually met her a couple of times and she was very pleasant and polite (and good with the swathes of kids who were queuing up to take photos with her). I think perhaps what people might struggle with is the fact that her image is SO squeaky clean that there's none of the warts and all oversharing that so many other influencers use as part of their brand.

I was talking about this with some teens on my yard the other week and they agreed that they found other influencers like Erin Williams or Meg more entertaining and more "cool" - but all seemed to respect what Esme has done with her brand. She's doing something very, very right if that's what her critics are landing on, and I suspect she's much happier for having created a divide between her on and off screen life (I think there's a boyfriend but he's never actually been seen, just his dog in a couple of insta stories), as well as it clearly paying dividends in her views and brand deals.

Anyone who has a horse of their own to film for YouTube is already much more privileged than the average - at least she seems very grateful for everything (I think her parents started off as totally unhorsey too, even if they had a bit of money in the bank) and does a lot of the maintenance etc for her yard herself. It's hard to find fault with all of that.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.