Equestrian Influencers #11 They don't sponsor you? @ them till they do!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I thought her score was rather harsh, but I did agree with the comments about her rein being too short and him being btv.
---
Just watching Emily's new vlog, Addie is really throwing her head a lot now šŸ˜± She also said she went to this training (same as tina) so 2 lessons, both jumping elements and then went out to an arena xc comp the next day I believe. Also remembering the fact they travelled up to Bicton and back.. that's a lot.
YeH I think Emily is getting too far ahead of herself and not thinking about how Addie is actually performingā€¦.. As Iā€™ve said before Emily has tunnel vision and wants to get her to BE events and Addie just isnā€™t going well enough clearly, sheā€™s going everywhere with her and ignoring the stopping, the head throwing and constant open mouth, although Emily has terrible hands and her position of hands held high whilst sheā€™s riding. Give the mare another break and then go again.

Reactions: 2
Thoughts on Justine Wardā€™s ODE vlog- especially about her ā€œbitternessā€ towards the dressage judge and score?
I havenā€™t watched it so canā€™t comment on that particular tests and judge. But Iā€™m sick of people calling judges harsh when in actual fact itā€™s their riding or horse dragging the score down. I was untacking my horse the other day and the kid next to me was walking back to their trailer and her mum was banging on about how harsh the judge was as he was saying 6 nose poking or head in the air, canā€™t remember which but you get the idea of how the test went. The mother then proceed to tell her mate I said to her donā€™t do this in the test make sure your accurate. Whist saying this she was making a sawing at the reins gesture. Now correct me if Iā€™m wrong but if you are sawing at your horses mouth to get them into an outline them you donā€™t deserve high marks, especially when you donā€™t do it so the horse has no clue where you want their head as you have completely changed the way you ride. With said judge my test was around what I normally get so he wasnā€™t really that harsh. Then this other time a fakebook status comes up by a different person, oh judge was so harsh we scored much lower than a test that was worse. Now said test was a novice BD and looking at the pictures the horse wasnā€™t working in an outline and had a poking nose, Iā€™m not sure how bad the last test was but this one certainly didnā€™t look like a winning novice test. Or even a decent intro test.

Thoughts on Justine Wardā€™s ODE vlog- especially about her ā€œbitternessā€ towards the dressage judge and score?
I had no idea who this lady was so I went and watched the vlog. I think she is being a tad bitter towards the judge, her horse spooked and nearly exited the arena Im sure it was 3 times and she said that in the voice over. He wasnā€™t balanced at a few parts and her final halt was way off centre. They might be little things but you cannot afford to be chucking points away in your dressage Eventing . All the deductions add up!
---
---
Just watching Emily's new vlog, Addie is really throwing her head a lot now šŸ˜± She also said she went to this training (same as tina) so 2 lessons, both jumping elements and then went out to an arena xc comp the next day I believe. Also remembering the fact they travelled up to Bicton and back.. that's a lot.
[/QUOTE]

I had the exact same thought when she said in the vlog, a lot for a young horse to mentally take in in a single weekend

I would like to know if there is an element of bias in BE dressage scoring though, I know a lot of people who arenā€™t vloggers etc who have incredible horses who sometimes donā€™t place all season. Yeah donā€™t get me wrong but Dee for example is a nice horse but I wouldnā€™t say her dressage tests are anything special (sorry for always using meg as an example but sheā€™s the only one I really watch). Just seems odd to me that these vloggers seem to place almost every time without fail?

I would like to know if there is an element of bias in BE dressage scoring though, I know a lot of people who arenā€™t vloggers etc who have incredible horses who sometimes donā€™t place all season. Yeah donā€™t get me wrong but Dee for example is a nice horse but I wouldnā€™t say her dressage tests are anything special (sorry for always using meg as an example but sheā€™s the only one I really watch). Just seems odd to me that these vloggers seem to place almost every time without fail?
I said the same thing a while ago about one of Addieā€™s GoBE tests - the score was very generous for the test that Emily shared with us! I remember writing for a BE dressage judge once and it was eye opening. She judged a 5* rider on a young horse so it was BE100ā€¦ she didnā€™t recognise rider and a few tests later I said, it was really exciting to see X up so close! Oh the panic that set in - she got his sheet back and amended the rider collectives šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

• Wow
Reactions: 8
I watched the Justine Ward ODE vlog and thought her upper body was 'very busy' in the dressage test, there could have been a lot more stillness to give a more harmonious appearance. Reins were too short but she was also leaning over him, so it didn't help.
Her SJ and XC rounds were great, though. Her lower leg position was fab.

As for Addie, she's 6 now, so although she's definitely green, she's at a great age to be tackling 90cm courses. I would just work her long and low more and slow everything down a little. Loved the work within the poles (the circle exercise). Definitely think she needs a bit/bridle fitter out and possibly the dentist. Just for a check to see if they can find something a little more comfortable.

Reactions: 1
I watched the Justine Ward ODE vlog and thought her upper body was 'very busy' in the dressage test, there could have been a lot more stillness to give a more harmonious appearance. Reins were too short but she was also leaning over him, so it didn't help.
Her SJ and XC rounds were great, though. Her lower leg position was fab.

As for Addie, she's 6 now, so although she's definitely green, she's at a great age to be tackling 90cm courses. I would just work her long and low more and slow everything down a little. Loved the work within the poles (the circle exercise). Definitely think she needs a bit/bridle fitter out and possibly the dentist. Just for a check to see if they can find something a little more comfortable.
For me it's nothing to do with her age. She's absolutely old enough physically to be doing the workload she's doing, however mentally she is not. Just because she can jump 90, doesn't mean she should be. If your horse can't pop into canter, maintain a rhythm and not chuck it's head around - it shouldn't be out competing imo. Slowly, slowly, catchy monkey. Emily is rushing because she wants to get out and do it, and it will bite her in the ass if she doesn't recognise it.

Reactions: 4
I actually would get Addie's hocks looked at. She bodily looks mature and mentally she might be a bit behind but the constant appearance of disunited canter, the inability to sit in the gears comfortably, and the head throwing, as well as spooking at imaginary things, all to me says she's sore somewhere and she's evading.

Addie has had heaps of top level training with the vlogging and h&c series etc and exposure to life that she shouldn't really be quite as all over the place as she is.
I think Ems a great jockey, I can't really say I think her hands are particularly awful, (,I mean compared to a 5* rider sure but your average amateur she's not taking her teeth out!!) and she's neat and tidy and she takes her instructions on board and amends what's she's doing.

Reactions: 11
I don't really rate Cam as an instructor, I think he's unraveling the hard work Tina put into Banksy at Lucinda's camp but I do think that he handled Emily's near-meltdown at her arena XC lesson well. Any run outs from Addie at that lesson were just a result of green riding and lack of preparation and Emily quite literally just needs to shake it off and laugh as Cam said rather than sulking.

The showjumping lesson was super, best I've ever seen Addie go. I'm not sure what the name of the female instructor was but she was just what they needed and would love to see her in more vlogs.

Reactions: 5
I actually would get Addie's hocks looked at. She bodily looks mature and mentally she might be a bit behind but the constant appearance of disunited canter, the inability to sit in the gears comfortably, and the head throwing, as well as spooking at imaginary things, all to me says she's sore somewhere and she's evading.

Addie has had heaps of top level training with the vlogging and h&c series etc and exposure to life that she shouldn't really be quite as all over the place as she is.
I think Ems a great jockey, I can't really say I think her hands are particularly awful, (,I mean compared to a 5* rider sure but your average amateur she's not taking her teeth out!!) and she's neat and tidy and she takes her instructions on board and amends what's she's doing.
But sheā€™s not putting the actions of her horse first, sheā€™s too worried about getting out there and constantly jumping. Addie clearly needs to take a step back and do some more basics as she seems argumentative for some reason and the spooking and stopping at fences. Her SJ lesson was better to be fair, and that instructor worked well with them both. But overall Emily is not seeing the issues she having, sheā€™s just hoping they will resolve with more exposure.

I also seem to remember Addie being brave when Emily first started with her - so much so, I looked at using the stallion (Crown Ace of Pearl) on my own mare. But the more Iā€™ve watched their journey, the more Iā€™m thinking that Addie doesnā€™t quite have the temperament I had originally thought. Not dissing Ace by the way and I know Addieā€™s dam will have passed on her genes too - just been interesting to watch the offspring of a stallion I was considering

I also seem to remember Addie being brave when Emily first started with her - so much so, I looked at using the stallion (Crown Ace of Pearl) on my own mare. But the more Iā€™ve watched their journey, the more Iā€™m thinking that Addie doesnā€™t quite have the temperament I had originally thought. Not dissing Ace by the way and I know Addieā€™s dam will have passed on her genes too - just been interesting to watch the offspring of a stallion I was considering
I know of a Crown ace of Pearl 5 year old who is the complete opposite to Addie, the most laid back & willing little dude who turns his hoof to anything. It really is interesting to see the difference in him & Addie!

Ace's babies are known for their good temperaments, brave and willing, quiet. But I agree it's interesting to watch, I wonder what her damline is. I don't like her movement, jump, temperament at all really šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø

Watching Emily and Tinaā€™s most recent. Love this female instructor.
Watching Emilyā€™s vlog of it now and the difference with the female instructor was really noticeable. Pleased she picked up on addy being unhappy in her mouth too, hopefully it will prompt Emily to look into it a bit more

Reactions: 3
I feel very sorry for riding with RHI having to put woody to sleep and only owning him 2 years and spending over a year trying to rehab him. I wonder will she continue with her YouTube channel I say it will be very difficult to continue making videos without woody.

I feel very sorry for riding with RHI having to put woody to sleep and only owning him 2 years and spending over a year trying to rehab him. I wonder will she continue with her YouTube channel I say it will be very difficult to continue making videos without woody.
I hope she carries on, would love to see her come back from this when the time is right šŸ„²

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.