Elle Darby #46 Cheating Con, Racist all along, 29K followers gone

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Please stop updating the following count by every 1k and posting random influencers whose unfollowed. Unless it’s one everyone knows like Zoella, Molly Mae, or her own sister..also I know there’s loads of pages but please just read at least the most recent two before you post because it’s just sharing the same things at this point 😩 okay let’s resume happy trolling anglesss😗✌🏻

• Heart
Reactions: 69
Does anyone else think herself & Conor/ their management have been keeping a close eye on this tread since it’s all kicked off? Like literally writing ideas down, I mean they deleted Conor’s number off Facebook a few minutes after it was mentioned here. They’re about to release a video that will pull a massive sympathy card and flip the situation, maybe make it into a documentary style video of how damaged Elle was, mentally struggling etc and how she took it out in the tweets, but how she changed as a person blah blah blah (pure bollox). I also feel like theyll donate a good amount of money to charities or something along those lines, it’s going to have to be something big and not just a ‘normal’ apology as they’re way too far gone🙈 I’m so intrigued to see what they’ll do, the longer they leave it though the worse it gets and less genuine it is.

Reactions: 20
I don’t think beauty works or loungewear will ever drop her but if they did she'll definitely make an apology video asap😒 I’ve realised people like that will only be sorry if brands drop them I.e. David dobrik

Wow I always tought they are begging for free stuff via their story which is still a little weird but I didnt know they get the freebies because they wrote emails and ask for them. I am so naive I think companies reach to them with their gifts not the other ways 😅
I think it’s pretty common in the influencer world for them to also approach brands. A lot of brands would be willing to work with an influencer who has a big following in return for a freebie. It’s much cheaper than other forms of advertising / marketing

I honestly can’t see her making a video until the end of January. She knows people are so angry and she’s gonna hope they might calm down by then ...

Reactions: 12

Here ya go
the worst person to ask anything for free is Paul Stenson, what the duck was she thinking :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I think this has all happened within the cross over of the anti racism movement. Yes, wrongly so, racism was a lot more active 10yrs ago. Look at Little Britain. That would never air today! There has been a big shift, thankfully, around racism in recent years and it is absolutely not accepted today but it really wasn’t that long ago that it was. Whilst I don’t agree with it I understand why some people might think that the age of these tweets are a reason to look at this situation more lightly.
I definitely think it was a different environment back then. Like you said, Little Britain would never air now. In fact, it’s barely ever referenced to anymore, even by David Williams and Matt Lucas. There are many other similar shows too. I have to say though, I’m not sure I know many people who were open in their hatred as Elle seems to have been. Especially online. Maybe I just wasn’t in that kind of environment myself, but 10 years ago I was more than aware of racism, of homophobia. It really wasn’t that long ago, it’s not like it’s from 30 years ago.

Reactions: 5
Elle Darby 47: Exposed as a racist since at least 2011, now the queen angle has fallen from heaven

Reactions: 12
People who are defending her are so strange, saying she was a child? She wasn’t bloody 9 lol. Also saying she didn’t know better? If you’re saying a child doesn’t know better than to be racist then there’s obviously racism in the family home by adults, so they’re basically saying adults can’t be racist but their kids can ? So odd
Even my *just* 7 year old girl told my 4 year old nephew off the other week because he called a red pen lid 'skin colour' and she shouted at him and said 'THAT IS NOT SKIN COLOUR YOU DONT SAY THINGS LIKE THAT'

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I don’t think beauty works or loungewear will ever drop her but if they did she'll definitely make an apology video asap😒 I’ve realised people like that will only be sorry if brands drop them I.e. David dobrik
Didn't someone post something about beauty works dming them back a couple threads ago?

Reactions: 1
I can't find this
Here you go

Reactions: 1
I definitely think it was a different environment back then. Like you said, Little Britain would never air now. In fact, it’s barely ever referenced to anymore, even by David Williams and Matt Lucas. There are many other similar shows too. I have to say though, I’m not sure I know many people who were open in their hatred as Elle seems to have been. Especially online. Maybe I just wasn’t in that kind of environment myself, but 10 years ago I was more than aware of racism, of homophobia. It really wasn’t that long ago, it’s not like it’s from 30 years ago.
I absolutely agree. I’m sure I said things in private to my friends back then that I wouldn’t say today but I would have never in a million years posted it so publicly, time and time again. That’s the biggest issue here. If it was once or twice or maybe just a reference to something it could be different but her level of hatred and intensity is bind blowing

Reactions: 8
Does anyone else think herself & Conor/ their management have been keeping a close eye on this tread since it’s all kicked off? Like literally writing ideas down, I mean they deleted Conor’s number off Facebook a few minutes after it was mentioned here.
More than likely - any management worth their salt would be keeping an eye on their threads during a crisis like this.

Reactions: 3
Anyone else think she won't release an apology today? I think she'll wait for it all to die down then post another story that expires.

She hasn't lost a lot of YouTube subs so if she released a video it would attract more subscribers to the issue. Releasing a statement on Instagram would make more sense

Reactions: 10
The “influencers” that have unfollowed are only doing it because they don’t want the backlash and those that continue to follow her clearly don’t care enough to unfollow because I’m sure they’ve received messages and seen themselves what Elle has tweeted

Reactions: 7
Elle Darby 47: Still no apology, it’s far too late. Her reputations ruined, her child’s the only Saint.

Reactions: 49
Children know not to hit or swear by like 10 years old. They know right from wrong IF told n directed. Elle mum isn’t even to blame. The way she was so passionate in those tweets she knew the intentions behind them and she knew the impact they had. She said those words for the intention to hurt and humiliate those people. It wasn’t a passing comment of 1 or 2 tweets w casual racism ( scary that’s even a thing) it was countless tweets on multiple occasions for a long period of time. After the first few surely she would’ve been corrected by someone or told off. Now to think wat must’ve been said around her house if that’s the stuff she publicly said. She definitely thinks the n word is jsut a word n racial slurs are bull tit

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.