Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

aimz_yeah

Chatty Member
I am so sick of conversations just turning to sex on dating sites. Even if I am open to casual I’m really not interested in just discussing sex. I want them to at least feign some interest in me.
It just seems like every guy sends like two messages before asking what I’m looking for and then if you mention casual it’s oh tell me all your sexual preferences.

it’s just depressing

• Sad
Reactions: 16

aimz_yeah

Chatty Member
Why do men want to meet after exchanging just a few lines of messages. My free time is precious, I need to decide if you’re worth giving it up for. And suggesting we form a bubble... I have barely decided if I can tolerate you yet!

Also, why do they all start putting kisses after one message? It makes me want to vomit

• Heart
Reactions: 15

bookish

I had to laugh at a profile I just saw. This posh toff guy wrote on Hinge, in response to the question "I'll brag about you to my friends if:" -- "You enjoy more than travelling, dogs and fitness"

Yet his profile was nothing but pictures of him travelling, in a campervan, with a dog and playing cricket XD

I wasted a rose just to send him a message pointing out the irony - but I think it was worth it.

• Haha
I hate how hinge suggests that you’re compatible with someone and they’re an absolute cretin! Like, no. 🙅‍♀️ Even worse when they have the audacity to like your photo. 😔🤢

• Haha

Woolmercardington

VIP Member
Has anyone noticed so many men lie about their age 🤮
My favourite is the classic, "I'm really 47 not 32 but it won't let me change it."

Then start again for feck's sake! It takes less than 10 minutes! It's not like you have any ulterior motive to "accidentally" set your age 15yrs younger, is it? 🙄

• Haha

YellowLadybird

Chatty Member
Oh my gosh how hard work is going on socially distanced dates. had a second date today out in this baltic freezing weather on a park which was like an ice rink. SO difficult for conversation starters and realistically what does the future hold?? At what point will it not be a socially distanced walk in the park?! Bleak...
Honestly call me a slut but if I'm not wanting to tear your clothes off at the end of the first date, and at least getting a cheeky snog, there won't be a second. This is why I CBA in lockdown.

• Haha

Chattyman321

God i’m losing the will with hinge. Two guys have said let’s meet up, fancy coming over to mine for a drink? Maybe some girls do, but I’d be too scared going over some guys house I’d never met before. I think it’s rude of them to assume that’s ok to be honest. and also covid?!? Just makes me think they must have asked so many girls. None of them seem to care about covid at all. I actually ask them what they did for new years to see if they’re a twat or not and most have replied saying ‘I had a house party ooops 🤫’. Then another guy gave me creepy vibes after chatting for 2 days, so I didn’t reply, he than tried to call me, then matched with me on tinder and messaged me saying wow you’re beautiful, he must have known it was the same girl. Some guys are so weird.

• Sick
Reactions: 14

ThreeSteaksPam

Chatty Member
I’ll second this ☝🏼

It’s hard out there at the moment. Over the last few weeks, I’ve started conversations with guys that I’d 100% be going on dates with in the “normal world” but my mood (and I think this is the same for a lot of people) shifts so dramatically from one day to the next and the “normal world” feels so far away, that I’ve just been letting conversations die.

Men have been matching me that I’d normally want to start messaging, but I’m not even starting conversations because I know how it will end and I don’t want to waste my own time or theirs at the moment. I’m bored, fat and disengaged and as @bobthedragqueen rightly said, there’s very little to actually talk about at the moment. A lot of my friends who are on apps (male and female) have said the same too. I haven’t stepped foot into a gym since last year, I feel repulsive and I think that would be written all over me even if I did meet someone for a walk or whatever.

I didn’t mean to make this post all about me, sorry 🤣 My point was, don’t let it knock you. I think it’s a general trend with a lot of people at the moment and is not a reflection on you in any way ❤

• Heart

Glamourelle

I’ve got to the point now where I’m so sick of crying over men and spending my time being miserable! I swear they’re a different species. I honestly hate the person I am when I’m dating...I’m so anxious and untrusting and I’ve got to the point now where I’ve just deleted all apps and will really make an effort to focus on myself. 2021 I’m in a new relationship status- it’s called “dating myself” 😂 who’s with me??

Wowitsme

VIP Member
I matched with a bloke on hinge yesterday after he’d commented on 1 of my photos saying something along the lines of “ur stunning” 🤨 he looked ok in 2 out of his 5 photos, so thought I’d give him a go. So once we matched he sent another message saying “wow your gorgeous x” and I sent back “original” and I’ve looked this morning and he’s unmatched me.
I don’t know why women get called petty all the time. Men are just as bad 🤷🏼‍♀️
tbh I’d of unmatched you too. What was he suppose to say? What’s the point in starting a conversation negatively 😏

Chattyman321

My friend was going on a date with this girl he met on tinder, were meant to meet at waterloo, he thought he’d been stood up and then this old indian guy in his 70s came up to him and said oh she can’t come sorry she doesn’t feel well but i’m around for a drink if you want? Catfished at its finest. Safe to say my friend was like no ta and ran off 😂 The man was probably just lonely but jeez come on! Luckily they were in a busy station. Since then I’ve had a bad impression of Tinder but my friends just got engaged to her boyfriend who’s lovely who she met on tinder. She went on loads of dates before finally meeting him so i think you can get lucky

• Wow
  • Haha

square_spoon

VIP Member
In a flit of loneliness/boredom I downloaded one of the apps and got chatting with a divorced guy in his late 40s (I'm late 30s so most guys in my pool are divorced). Pleasant enough, chatty, all going well. Then he starts to talk about how we probably wouldn't have a future because of x/y/z and I thought ok...a little premature given we've only just started talking. Anyway it turns out that his divorce was a shock for him (over 10 years ago) and the scars are very much there, and his way of self-preservation which he admitted himself is to run through all the reasons why something won't work to try and protect himself from trying it and having it fail. For me on the receiving end of that it was hardcore neediness and picking morning, noon and night. Why do you like me square_spoon? Why did you reply to my message? I think you're great square_spoon, what do you think is great about me?.....it ended when my battery died late one night and I fell asleep mid text-conversation. I woke up to a lengthy message about how I had disappeared in the middle of a conversation and treated him like he was nothing...like he was disposable...made him feel like he was worthless...and no woman has ever and would ever disrespect him in such a way ever again....goodbye cruel world etc.

His divorce from his own recollection was pretty amicable as divorces go, good relationship with the ex-wife, plenty of access to kids who are now teenagers etc. so it threw me a loop a bit. But the good thing is it made me remember why I don't use dating apps!

• Wow
  • Haha

under the ivy

VIP Member
Happy Valentine’s Day everyone! This is my first V Day single in 8 years. My relationship ended last April with ‘the one’ (or so I thought) and I was dreading today - but I’m actually feeling good! I’m not looking to date anytime soon, lockdown or not. Some of the stories on here solidify that for me 😂

• Heart

Ls2991

I have deleted all the apps (for the millionth time 😂) because I am just so sick of matching and messaging and agreeing to meet up and then men bailing at the last minute - it does my tits in! Does this happen to anyone else? It also happens to people I’ve met in real life too on nights out and stuff. Is it me, or are all men just fucking fickle?! 😅😅😅

ThreeSteaksPam

Chatty Member
Profiles like that make me wonder what on Earth these men are hoping to attract. The whole point of the Q&A is surely to give you some conversation starters / see if you have something in common / give you an idea of their personality.

Big Craig there might as well open his bio with “I’m dull as fuck and have nothing to offer you except this pair of white jeans should you ever need to borrow them” 😴😴

• Haha

Woolmercardington

VIP Member
Venturing back into online dating in a long time, ready for hopefully post lockdown.

If you have been speaking to a guy for a bit and then he just doesn't reply even though the conversation seems to be going somewhere. Do you double text or just leave it?
Personally, I leave it. If they're not bothered to continue the conversation then neither am I.

Chattyman321

I was chatting to this guy for a while, he seemed nice, good convo, and swapped numbers. Then he said would you like to meet up? I assumed for a walk, and he said fancy coming this way (brixton). This would mean me having to get the train, then a tube to meet this guy when i haven’t got a train since March, while he gets to sit at home and wait for me to arrive? So that was my first red flag, very ungentlemanly IMO, why should i have to travel all the way to you. So i said what would we do, there’s nothing open anywhere (trying to call him out cos i knew what was coming but hoping he’d say for a walk) He said ‘yeah nothing to do so fancy coming over next saturday at 8pm and we can have a drink and get to know eachother’. Like wtf 😂 does this dude really think i’d go round some random guys house when i’ve never met him before? We all hear the horror stories about murders so that was it for me. Plus the fact he didn’t acknowledge covid so god knows how many girls he’s asked round. I then didn’t reply and blanked him and he messaged again saying ‘obviously that wouldn’t be my first choice but like you said there’s no other option’. No other option?! Delete.

• Angry
  • Haha

misscl4

VIP Member
Friday’s winner of worst profile ...
8065D6FF-C702-455D-9CE8-7792DD17496E.jpeg

I realise it’s probably a joke, but since there’s a lot of emotional abusers out there it’s a no from me

• Wow
  • Sick