Dating after Lockdown

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My friend was going on a date with this girl he met on tinder, were meant to meet at waterloo, he thought he’d been stood up and then this old indian guy in his 70s came up to him and said oh she can’t come sorry she doesn’t feel well but i’m around for a drink if you want? Catfished at its finest. Safe to say my friend was like no ta and ran off 😂 The man was probably just lonely but jeez come on! Luckily they were in a busy station. Since then I’ve had a bad impression of Tinder but my friends just got engaged to her boyfriend who’s lovely who she met on tinder. She went on loads of dates before finally meeting him so i think you can get lucky

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
Could anyone who lives in central London zone 1-2 tell me what the Dating is like ?

I’m 32 and would ideally like to settle down in a year with someone who I could potentially get married to.

I stayed in London for a couple of months last year and liked the area so would be looking to move this year, I don’t need to really be in London as have no family there and also no need to be there for work.

I’m guess the main reason I’m moving is because I live in a small town and don’t want to ever bump into my ex as it gives me a lot of stress and I’m still heartbroken over the relationship ending.

I don’t want to move and never find a relationship 🤷🏼‍♀️

But it’s not like I have many friends where I live as I met most of them through the app Meetup and unfortunately this Covid situation has really shown me who my real friends are and that’s like two people 😩 makes me sad.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
Could anyone who lives in central London zone 1-2 tell me what the Dating is like ?

I’m 32 and would ideally like to settle down in a year with someone who I could potentially get married to.

I stayed in London for a couple of months last year and liked the area so would be looking to move this year, I don’t need to really be in London as have no family there and also no need to be there for work.

I’m guess the main reason I’m moving is because I live in a small town and don’t want to ever bump into my ex as it gives me a lot of stress and I’m still heartbroken over the relationship ending.

Hi

I don't live in London but am just outside. The quality of men in my local area is awful so I set my radius to London and am usually dating London men. There is much more choice and variety of men in London. I have friends in smaller towns who find it hard to date due to the lack of quality men on the apps. However, whilst there is way more choice, the downside is that it is much more fickle and I think way more time wasters on there.

Going on dates in London is so fun as well. So many places to go and different things to do. Much of 2019 for me was exploring London via dating! It was so much fun.

I would say go for it but not for the men. If you enjoy city life then London is great. It's easy to make friends too especially if you join sports clubs, gyms and other hobby style groups. I guess it can get lonely and also at the moment the atmosphere is not great due to covid.

Reactions: 4

But it’s not like I have many friends where I live as I met most of them through the app Meetup and unfortunately this Covid situation has really shown me who my real friends are and that’s like two people 😩 makes me sad.
Heyy, I agree with yankydoo, I live just outside of London but have set my distance to within 15 miles as the men in my area are not great and most seem to come up as living in London, so you’ll have a lot more choice. The only thing i feel about london guys is that they probably date a lot and i don’t know how genuine they are. But that’s just my opinion

Reactions: 2
Hi

I don't live in London but am just outside. The quality of men in my local area is awful so I set my radius to London and am usually dating London men. There is much more choice and variety of men in London. I have friends in smaller towns who find it hard to date due to the lack of quality men on the apps. However, whilst there is way more choice, the downside is that it is much more fickle and I think way more time wasters on there.

Going on dates in London is so fun as well. So many places to go and different things to do. Much of 2019 for me was exploring London via dating! It was so much fun.

I would say go for it but not for the men. If you enjoy city life then London is great. It's easy to make friends too especially if you join sports clubs, gyms and other hobby style groups. I guess it can get lonely and also at the moment the atmosphere is not great due to covid.
I could go for a year and see how I get on, I have a dog and I wouldn’t be able to take her with me as I don’t work from home and would be out most of the day,so my parents would need to look after her.

I could have my own place for a year by using some saving along side a salary but after that I would need to go into a house share, never lived with anyone but my ex so I’m not sure how I would get on, can imagine it’s very different being in a house share in your 30’s to your 20’s.

The only way I could have a apartment long term is if I Meet someone to split the costs with. Guess if you don’t do it you’ll never know, my parents keep telling me it’s a waste of money so guess I just need to have a good think about everything, just feel with Covid my life is on hold, can’t exactly date living with my parents and then keep telling myself why would you start dating when you don’t like living in this area 🙈

Heyy, I agree with yankydoo, I live just outside of London but have set my distance to within 15 miles as the men in my area are not great and most seem to come up as living in London, so you’ll have a lot more choice. The only thing i feel about london guys is that they probably date a lot and i don’t know how genuine they are. But that’s just my opinion
Can imagine it’s fun at first but then after a few years it would become frustrating especially if you want to settle down. I live in the midlands and plenty of lads like to waste your time, guess there’s just less men available round here 😂

I’ve been keen talking to a guy recently and he really wants to meet up soon, but he doesn’t seem to take covid seriously, I know several people close to me who have had it and also vulnerable people I am quite close to so being very strict, only shopping once per week & going to work and exercising alone, I really don’t want to be cold and off but his lack of awareness of covid is frustrating 🤷🏼‍♀️

I have downloaded the dreaded apps out of boredom and desperation again and it’s shocking how many people have asked to meet up, within minutes of talking. In a national lockdown. 🙄🙄🙄

So guys, help me out with this one. Started chatting to this guy on Hinge a couple of weeks ago. He then asked for my number and we moved over to whatsapp so that we could arrange a socially distanced walk as we live close by. Really good conversation and bounced off eachother. He was replying to my messages really quickly and then saturday night said ‘so when we going to meet up for our walk’. I replied the next morning saying ‘how about next weekend sometime’. He read this within about 10 mins and then didn’t reply...and still hasn’t replied so it’s been nearly 3 days. I’m a bit stumped - why ask to meet up and then go cold? He did all the initiating and was really chatty etc so very confused. He’s been online since 🤦‍♀️

Reactions: 1
So guys, help me out with this one. Started chatting to this guy on Hinge a couple of weeks ago. He then asked for my number and we moved over to whatsapp so that we could arrange a socially distanced walk as we live close by. Really good conversation and bounced off eachother. He was replying to my messages really quickly and then saturday night said ‘so when we going to meet up for our walk’. I replied the next morning saying ‘how about next weekend sometime’. He read this within about 10 mins and then didn’t reply...and still hasn’t replied so it’s been nearly 3 days. I’m a bit stumped - why ask to meet up and then go cold? He did all the initiating and was really chatty etc so very confused. He’s been online since 🤦‍♀️
A similar thing happened to me. We matched a couple of weeks ago and he asked me if I was free the weekend we matched . I was busy but said we could something the following weekend (the one that has just gone) but I sent that last message on Wednesday last week and he never replied 🤷🏼‍♀️ I think this is karma cos we had matched previously only on another app a few months back and I let the conversation fizzle out 😂

Reactions: 1
Maybe these guys just like the chase so once you agree to meet, the fun is over for them? Or maybe they are arent good with commitment so it brings them into reality when you talk about actually meeting up and they freak out. Who knows! But not worth you wasting anymore of your time on them imo.

Reactions: 8
yeah maybe, possibilities are endless! Just seems really weird i wouldn’t message asking to meet up and then blank them once they’d answered haha. Think i forget they’re probably talking to loads of other girls at the same time and may have found one he clicked with better

• Sad
Reactions: 2
The amount of cowards/stupid guys on here (all over the forum tbh) are making me THANKFUL to br single and not looking to change that soon 🥸

The amount of cowards/stupid guys on here (all over the forum tbh) are making me THANKFUL to br single and not looking to change that soon 🥸
Same here. I couldn’t think of anything worse than worrying about a man, talking to a man, wondering if he likes me.

Reactions: 4
I have downloaded the dreaded apps out of boredom and desperation again and it’s shocking how many people have asked to meet up, within minutes of talking. In a national lockdown. 🙄🙄🙄
This! Even if the guy was super charming and intelligent and we bounced off each other, if he disregards the lockdown at all, times up pal!

Because I live alone as well, they always seem to say "I can be your bubble?" Erm, no, I can think of a lot of other people i'd rather see than meet up with a stranger thank you!

I did manage to have three "walk in a park" dates with someone (the same guy!) and he was actually really up my street and I enjoyed myself a lot, I was surprised I managed to keep the conversation flowing for three whole dates...however now I really have well and truly run out of things to talk about. I feel like i've covered my entire life history and there really is nothing left to talk about. I haven't replied now in over a week, oops. :oops: I feel bad but I'm also on the brink of giving up because this is just going to happen again!!

Reactions: 8
🤯🤯 I matched with a guy this afternoon and told myself I’d wait a few hours before messaging me. Give him chance to unmatch me if he changes his mind like what has happened before.
I went on the app now, a good 5 hours after we matched thinking he might actually be interested and I was going to send him a message and he has either deleted the match or deleted his account!!!!

Time for me to delete the apps. 😒

• Sad
Reactions: 3
🤯🤯 I matched with a guy this afternoon and told myself I’d wait a few hours before messaging me. Give him chance to unmatch me if he changes his mind like what has happened before.
I went on the app now, a good 5 hours after we matched thinking he might actually be interested and I was going to send him a message and he has either deleted the match or deleted his account!!!!

Time for me to delete the apps. 😒
Was that on Bumble?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.