Dating after Lockdown

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Go on the date! It might make you feel better and give you a laugh. Better yet, you might meet the bloody person of your dreams! Worst case, you might get a bit of rumpy pumpy out of it when lockdown measures relax! Have fun and if you did go, I hope it went well x
Haha thank you! Rumpy Pumpy has made me laugh. He actually cancelled in the end so my date with my dressing gown lived on! I was secretly buzzing hahaha 😂😂

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I feel ya girl!! I spoke to a guy since January and then I went on holiday and then he had and then lockdown! We kept talking but it’s now fizzled out due to him still being wary about meeting even when we could! At the moment and for the rest of the year I’m not going to go on any dating apps and just focus on my mental health, making my self happy and learning to love myself! In the new year I will go back on, fresh start and all that! Hope it goes well for you xx

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Haha thank you! Rumpy Pumpy has made me laugh. He actually cancelled in the end so my date with my dressing gown lived on! I was secretly buzzing hahaha 😂😂
Completely agree with you, I'm chatting to a guy off Hinge who has suggested a zoom date - get dressed up and have a G&T on my own? I'd rather sit in my pjs and watch netflix!!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I wanted to start a dating thread so this is good - where has everyone met their partners? I am curious, because apart from dating apps i dont know where people meet. Never met anyone at work/gym/night out. Interested to see other peoples experiences. I am currently seeing someone but feel this is coming to an end and I am dreading getting back into the dating game.
I’m just catching up and saw this so decided to reply!

I met my boyfriend at Uni, he was on the same course as my flatmate. One of their coursemates had a party in the next block and she convinced me to go and he was there. He didn’t even notice me! But I couldn’t stop thinking about him. I asked my flatmate for his number and we hit it off. He asked me on a date and we’ve been together since (nearly 4 years).

I still hold it against him that he didn’t notice me at the party even if he was drunk 😭

• Heart
Most men have absolutely dire dating profiles. Low effort on the profile = low effort IRL, that's what it implies to me

Reactions: 12
Met someone lovely - through a friend and not via an app. I'm usually super confident in myself. But a couple of years of dating and meeting weirdos has made me so pessimistic and also anxious. He has not done anything weird or annoying - yet! But I find myself so anxious he is going to break it off any minute now. It doesn't help that usually I would date others too but I'm so so fed up of that, like him too much, and am restricted because of lockdown.

I have not said anything to him about how I feel, and have tried to be cool and calm. I have tried to be logical in my thinking and also I have been through so much that if it does go wrong, I know I will be fine eventually.

It's soooo hard though. I'm not even looking for advice. Just need to vent.

Reactions: 10
I am so bleeping moony over the guy I've been dating since August, I want my brain back (but not really). Haven't a crush/somewhat infatuation like this is so long, forgotten how distracting it can be 😅 Send help

• Haha
Reactions: 4
hiya!!
I’ve missed this thread. How is everyone getting on? I’ve not really got much to report on the guy I went on a date with I think that ship has sailed. I had a birthday in lockdown 2 and his text came at 9pm and was a bit tit tbf.

He doesn’t really text me and I want someone who texts me but like not a lot! ( you know 😂😅🤣Classic!) but then he has said previously in a text I don’t flirt back 🤣 (I found that a bit weird).

I’ve been thinking thought I just want to date someone where it’s reciprocated or I just want to feel either wanted or like someone’s actually trying and making an effort.

I guess I’ll try again in a year 🤣

Reactions: 8
I’m not going to even think about another relationship until my PhD is done (2 years time 😂). A man isn’t going to get me my dream career, my dream home and car one day. My ex hurt me real bad and I’m still healing, I’m just really over men and relationships! I’m sick of seeing it on SM, ‘cosy winter nights with bae’ F OFF

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I’m not going to even think about another relationship until my PhD is done (2 years time 😂). A man isn’t going to get me my dream career, my dream home and car one day. My ex hurt me real bad and I’m still healing, I’m just really over men and relationships! I’m sick of seeing it on SM, ‘cosy winter nights with bae’ F OFF
Take things like this on Insta and Facebook with a pinch of salt. In fact, a kilo of salt. Some of the most miserable couples I know are the ones that do the most on social media, it’s all smoke and mirrors 💁🏻‍♀️

P.S: You’re doing the right thing focussing on yourself. You’ll be just fine, I promise ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Good for you! Put yourself and your priorities first and foremost. You could even stick a photo of your ex on the fridge door and write a rude word above his head as a reminder not to date again until you're ready.

Men can wait (y)

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I’ve upped my age to early 40s. God, they’re an ugly bunch on bumble. I’m in my 30s and the younger ones are far, far more attractive 🙈

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I’ve upped my age to early 40s. God, they’re an ugly bunch on bumble. I’m in my 30s and the younger ones are far, far more attractive 🙈
I slowly upped my aged limit too to early 40s. Didn’t mean they were any more mature sadly.

Watch out because so many lie! I met a couple of late 30 year olds who were in fact in their early 40s.

• Wow
I slowly upped my aged limit too to early 40s. Didn’t mean they were any more mature sadly.

Watch out because so many lie! I met a couple of late 30 year olds who were in fact in their early 40s.
At what point do they admit how old they are?!

I’ve matched with someone 6 years younger than me haha. 😉

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I’ve got to the point now where I’m so sick of crying over men and spending my time being miserable! I swear they’re a different species. I honestly hate the person I am when I’m dating...I’m so anxious and untrusting and I’ve got to the point now where I’ve just deleted all apps and will really make an effort to focus on myself. 2021 I’m in a new relationship status- it’s called “dating myself” 😂 who’s with me??

Reactions: 14
I’ve got to the point now where I’m so sick of crying over men and spending my time being miserable! I swear they’re a different species. I honestly hate the person I am when I’m dating...I’m so anxious and untrusting and I’ve got to the point now where I’ve just deleted all apps and will really make an effort to focus on myself. 2021 I’m in a new relationship status- it’s called “dating myself” 😂 who’s with me??
ughhhh I’ve just gone through this myself although I’m still dating the guy. It’s been less than two months and I hate myself when dating too. I keep it all internal too or vent to my poor friends but never the guy.... so much so he called me ‘chilled.’ So now I’m worried that maybe I’m too relaxed ?!

ughhhh I honestly feel you. If it messes up with this guy I’m out until further notice. I’ve done two years of it and it is disappointment after disappointment.

At what point do they admit how old they are?!

I’ve matched with someone 6 years younger than me haha. 😉

the two who did it to me casually slipped it in and said the app wouldn’t let them change it?! Both Said 37 on the app and both were either 41 or 42

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
ughhhh I’ve just gone through this myself although I’m still dating the guy. It’s been less than two months and I hate myself when dating too. I keep it all internal too or vent to my poor friends but never the guy.... so much so he called me ‘chilled.’ So now I’m worried that maybe I’m too relaxed ?!

ughhhh I honestly feel you. If it messes up with this guy I’m out until further notice. I’ve done two years of it and it is disappointment after disappointment.

the two who did it to me casually slipped it in and said the app wouldn’t let them change it?! Both Said 37 on the app and both were either 41 or 42
Haha that bullshit excuse of it not letting you change the age 😂😂😂

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.