Dating after Lockdown

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
😮😂 so what if someone new joins the workplace and ask him if he has any kids?! What does he say?! This has fascinated me!! How have you kept it a secret!?!!
He only mentions the child he already has! He tried to bully me into abortion which I wouldn't do, there was no contraception used on either side which he was fully aware of but he 'didnt think I'd fall pregnant' 🙄. He made it clear he wanted no part of babies life so I decided to go it alone and just not mention he was the dad. Although baby is the absolute double of him so I think if it ever comes out that he is the father everyone will wonder how they never realised 😅. But when colleagues ask if dad has seen baby yet I always like to tell them what a selfish piece of tit he is especially when he's in ear shot 😅

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
Oh my days, what did I just read? 🤦🏻‍♀️ It takes a special kind of psychopath to go about their life carefree, knowing they have a child out there that they don’t have a relationship with. How does he sleep at night?!

I hope you’re OK @Pink blancmange, that can’t be easy for you and I don’t know how you’ve kept quiet on it to be honest. I’d have been lashing out a Send To All email company-wide on my last day before maternity leave 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Oh my days, what did I just read? 🤦🏻‍♀️ It takes a special kind of psychopath to go about their life carefree, knowing they have a child out there that they don’t have a relationship with. How does he sleep at night?!

I hope you’re OK @Pink blancmange, that can’t be easy for you and I don’t know how you’ve kept quiet on it to be honest. I’d have been lashing out a Send To All email company-wide on my last day before maternity leave 🤣
Thank you ❤. I found it hard when I returned from maternity leave, I felt uncomfortable working with him and having to face him but then I realised that actually I have nothing to be ashamed of, I'm raising my children, we both knew the consequences of unprotected sex and I've taken responsibility but he's a coward. He had actually tried to talk to me once when I had her in the pram and didn't even look down at her, he has no idea what she looks like! I swiftly told him where to go!
On Facebook he paints this picture of what an amazing doting dad he is to his other child and it makes me sick. I'm so so close to my own dad and it makes me sad sometimes that my daughter won't have that with her dad but I'm giving her and my other children the best life I can and I can take pride in the lovely, polite and respectful people that they are growing up to be ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Bumble now tells you when someone is new to the app. It says “new here” on their profile.
Anyway, was it something i said or...? #howtokillaconversation

12D185D1-98D8-4C00-9A50-8935386A26CB.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Bumble now tells you when someone is new to the app. It says “new here” on their profile.
Anyway, was it something is said or...? #howtokillaconversation

View attachment 398346
This is why I hate the talking stage so much 😩. He was blatantly blunt but it can be so hard to keep a conversation going when you dont know them and especially now when nobody is actually doing anything so even less to speak about!

Reactions: 7
Late on Friday night a got a like on hinge and he was good looking, but he’d put “I’m adventures” on his profile. I think he means adventurous 😂
I went back on hinge this evening to match with him and start a conversation and he had disappeared!! 😩

Reactions: 1
What's the deal with Hinge? I've vaguely heard of it? Is it any better/worse than Bumble or Tinder?
You can choose the distance of how far away your profile is visible. Eg I’ve put my distance to 15 miles, so my profile isn’t visible to anyone further than 15 miles away from my location.
BUT you have to upload 6 photos before you can swipe and have to choose 3 of hinge’s questions to answer that are displayed on your profile.

Reactions: 2
Profiles like that make me wonder what on Earth these men are hoping to attract. The whole point of the Q&A is surely to give you some conversation starters / see if you have something in common / give you an idea of their personality.

Big Craig there might as well open his bio with “I’m dull as duck and have nothing to offer you except this pair of white jeans should you ever need to borrow them” 😴😴

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Profiles like that make me wonder what on Earth these men are hoping to attract. The whole point of the Q&A is surely to give you some conversation starters / see if you have something in common / give you an idea of their personality.

Big Craig there might as well open his bio with “I’m dull as duck and have nothing to offer you except this pair of white jeans should you ever need to borrow them” 😴😴
This is what puts me off so much of online dating. Do they really think they'll attract anyone? They just throw tit at the wall and hope it sticks. Man after man, all of them mediocre, boring, offering absolutely nothing and not even being attractive...

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Aw, so bloke I've been chatting with since last Jun/Jul finally ghosted 🙄

I literally would NEVER chat with a bloke that long but, like for many, it was a lockdown thing. In fact I found him a bit of a pain at first, but like Covid, he just wouldn't go away and I eventually had to concede in putting up with him 😂

His lack of ego and sense of humour did actually win me over and he'd always pop up and start a convo, but it's been three weeks now and I annoyingly miss hearing from the idiot.

🙄😆

• Sad
Hey guys, came across this thread as I’m newly single. Really interested to know has anyone been on any lockdown dates i.e going for a walk etc? I’m just like is there any point being on this right now cos what if there’s potential with someone I’m chatting to but because of covid we can’t meet up and then it just fizzles, where as if we could go on dates it might actually go somewhere?! I hate dating and apps as it is, makes me question myself if someone doesn’t reply!

I matched with a guy on Hinge, good conversation that flowed for about a week and then he asked if he could add me on instagram. I was a bit like oh ok 😕 because i personally feel if a guy wants to get to know you more, just ask for your number. Anyway we added eachother on instagram and then he never replied to me 😂 so the only conclusion i’ve come up with is that he looked through my profile and didn’t like it, i dont know why because I don’t even upload much and when i do it’s with friends/on holiday. I do have a couple of pictures of my ex boyfriend from 2 years ago on there but can’t see why that would put him off. Anyway, he still follows me and watches all my stories. I just don’t get it?! It’s a constant guessing game and wondering if people will reply. But then I guess I don’t respond to everyone so i can’t expect everyone to respond to me. I’m about to hit 30 and my friends are getting engaged/ thinking about having kids and I’ve got this image of me at 40 babysitting all their kids while they go out on date night 🙈😂😫😭

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Hey guys, came across this thread as I’m newly single. Really interested to know has anyone been on any lockdown dates i.e going for a walk etc? I’m just like is there any point being on this right now cos what if there’s potential with someone I’m chatting to but because of covid we can’t meet up and then it just fizzles, where as if we could go on dates it might actually go somewhere?! I hate dating and apps as it is, makes me question myself if someone doesn’t reply!

I matched with a guy on Hinge, good conversation that flowed for about a week and then he asked if he could add me on instagram. I was a bit like oh ok 😕 because i personally feel if a guy wants to get to know you more, just ask for your number. Anyway we added eachother on instagram and then he never replied to me 😂 so the only conclusion i’ve come up with is that he looked through my profile and didn’t like it, i dont know why because I don’t even upload much and when i do it’s with friends/on holiday. I do have a couple of pictures of my ex boyfriend from 2 years ago on there but can’t see why that would put him off. Anyway, he still follows me and watches all my stories. I just don’t get it?! It’s a constant guessing game and wondering if people will reply. But then I guess I don’t respond to everyone so i can’t expect everyone to respond to me. I’m about to hit 30 and my friends are getting engaged/ thinking about having kids and I’ve got this image of me at 40 babysitting all their kids while they go out on date night 🙈😂😫😭
Hahha this is my life - loads of random tinder and bumble watch my stories and have done for months (years in some cases) it’s so weird, I unfollow them when I stop talking to them but they don’t.

ive been in one lockdown date which was a walk which was meh - just don’t see the point of trying to meet anyone when we could be in lockdown for age. I just keep thinking of the cock-fest it’s gonna be when the world reopens 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5

Lockdown dates at the moment are awful. I had one just after the new year which ended up being a 3 hour walk in muddy fields (I didn't wear the right shoes) and half the time I couldn't talk as I was concentrating on not falling over!

If you feel you have a connection with someone then a walking date may be worth it.

I'm in the same boat as you but slightly older. I know how you feel. Things will improve and we can all get back out there and date properly!

I feel like a lot of the time when men follow your Instagram etc, they just want the thrill of having access to you and watching you from afar, without having to make an effort to talk. I always block anyone who does it.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.