Dating after Lockdown

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have deleted all the apps (for the millionth time 😂) because I am just so sick of matching and messaging and agreeing to meet up and then men bailing at the last minute - it does my tits in! Does this happen to anyone else? It also happens to people I’ve met in real life too on nights out and stuff. Is it me, or are all men just bleeping fickle?! 😅😅😅

Reactions: 14
I have deleted all the apps (for the millionth time 😂) because I am just so sick of matching and messaging and agreeing to meet up and then men bailing at the last minute - it does my tits in! Does this happen to anyone else? It also happens to people I’ve met in real life too on nights out and stuff. Is it me, or are all men just bleeping fickle?! 😅😅😅
I genuinely believe men are a different species. That is the only logical explanation 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I was talking to someone non stop on badoo and exchanged numbers i know alot about his background as i recognised him straight away and now he just vanished messed with my head definitely wont be hearing from him i don't think! I'm actually gutted 😢

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
I was talking to someone non stop on badoo and exchanged numbers i know alot about his background as i recognised him straight away and now he just vanished messed with my head definitely wont be hearing from him i don't think! I'm actually gutted 😢
What an arse. Sending you a big hug ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 2
It's kind of my own fault getting in too deep too soon! ♥♥
oh hunny!!! I feel every inch of what you’re saying I met a guy off hinge we spoke everyday for weeks, FaceTime,voicenote, what’s app, we went on a few dates and I felt like it was ACTUALLY GOING SOMEWHERE. Low and behold, he vanished off the face of the Earth I sent a message Basically wishing him happiness and why didn’t he just say if he didn’t want to meet.. nothing fast forward months and months Christmas Day I had to drink, one too many zoom quizzes later I went on hinge and the first person who popped up was him. Merry frecking Christmas sounds like nothing to some but it hit me slightly because he didn’t disappear for someone else..I still feel like I’m not ‘good enough’ I won’t be dating again, anyway! He also doesn’t have any social media which is bloody annoying but was so handsome 😂😂😂 but you will find someone when it’s meant to be my darling 🤍

• Heart
Reactions: 10
oh hunny!!! I feel every inch of what you’re saying I met a guy off hinge we spoke everyday for weeks, FaceTime,voicenote, what’s app, we went on a few dates and I felt like it was ACTUALLY GOING SOMEWHERE. Low and behold, he vanished off the face of the Earth I sent a message Basically wishing him happiness and why didn’t he just say if he didn’t want to meet.. nothing fast forward months and months Christmas Day I had to drink, one too many zoom quizzes later I went on hinge and the first person who popped up was him. Merry frecking Christmas sounds like nothing to some but it hit me slightly because he didn’t disappear for someone else..I still feel like I’m not ‘good enough’ I won’t be dating again, anyway! He also doesn’t have any social media which is bloody annoying but was so handsome 😂😂😂 but you will find someone when it’s meant to be my darling 🤍
💔💔 it's his loss not yours he doesnt know how amazing and special you are ♥♥

The guy i was talking to i messaged him first as his bio was.. i don't message first i add to the pile..
Then we chatted basically all hours of the day for a week then but there is a few red flags which im sure everyone on here will be saying glad he has done a runner. He used to ask for pictures all the time so i have a alot of banter so i was sending like pictures of me as a baby not actual "pictures he wanted" he always wanted to know why i was still active on there etc he has 2 jobs he is a busy man he wanted to meet before after work, told me he liked me.. i didnt meet up with him or have a phone call just his attitude changed maybe he got in too deep aswell but he hasnt reached out since Tuesday morning and I've contacted him since nothing.. so i deleted his number conversations pictures everything i know all his social media so blocked all of it to.

Basically it sounds like ive had a lucky escape

Reactions: 2
LOVE this thread 😂 I fully give up with online dating hahaha. Had my fair share of awful men. Finally met one on hinge recently who was so up my street, so keen, we FaceTimed and did voice notes, and we seemed to have an AMAZING first date. Said what an amazing time he had and arranged a second date. Fast forward a few days and I’m suddenly ghosted, he falls off the face of the earth and then suddenly I’m blocked... 😂

I was baffled and really upset and it’s so worrying how common ghosting is these days. Surely one day we will find decent men 😂😂

erm... this is EXACTLY what happened to me down to the ft/voice notes and sudden ghosting (post above) and he didn’t have social media either.... could it be?! 😂😂

• Sad
  • Wow
I honestly don’t think I can do dating apps especially during these times, I’m not going to break the rules for a boy I don’t even know.. Then things just go all wrong when you don’t meet them and get boring so I guess I’ll be single until covid is OVER

Reactions: 5
Howling at some of these men here. One of the last tinder dates I went on (this was actually at the end of 2019 because I haven't used apps during Covid) asked me if he could 'shove my head down the toilet and lick the bowl' on our first date. I know we all have kinks but like....EWW.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 11
💔💔 it's his loss not yours he doesnt know how amazing and special you are ♥♥

The guy i was talking to i messaged him first as his bio was.. i don't message first i add to the pile..
Then we chatted basically all hours of the day for a week then but there is a few red flags which im sure everyone on here will be saying glad he has done a runner. He used to ask for pictures all the time so i have a alot of banter so i was sending like pictures of me as a baby not actual "pictures he wanted" he always wanted to know why i was still active on there etc he has 2 jobs he is a busy man he wanted to meet before after work, told me he liked me.. i didnt meet up with him or have a phone call just his attitude changed maybe he got in too deep aswell but he hasnt reached out since Tuesday morning and I've contacted him since nothing.. so i deleted his number conversations pictures everything i know all his social media so blocked all of it to.

Basically it sounds like ive had a lucky escape
Thank you so so much! You have had a lucky escape!!
LOVE this thread 😂 I fully give up with online dating hahaha. Had my fair share of awful men. Finally met one on hinge recently who was so up my street, so keen, we FaceTimed and did voice notes, and we seemed to have an AMAZING first date. Said what an amazing time he had and arranged a second date. Fast forward a few days and I’m suddenly ghosted, he falls off the face of the earth and then suddenly I’m blocked... 😂

I was baffled and really upset and it’s so worrying how common ghosting is these days. Surely one day we will find decent men 😂😂

erm... this is EXACTLY what happened to me down to the ft/voice notes and sudden ghosting (post above) and he didn’t have social media either.... could it be?! 😂😂
COULD YOU EVEN IMAGINE 😱😰this must be their second jobs seriously how do they play this game so well! Scary...
I am not cut out for this dating world I can’t talk to more than one person at a time because I forget what I’ve said to the other 😬 also anyone else feel like you’re on a job interview I get asked the same boring questions over and over again 🥱

• Heart
Oh my gosh how hard work is going on socially distanced dates. had a second date today out in this baltic freezing weather on a park which was like an ice rink. SO difficult for conversation starters and realistically what does the future hold?? At what point will it not be a socially distanced walk in the park?! Bleak...

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Oh my gosh how hard work is going on socially distanced dates. had a second date today out in this baltic freezing weather on a park which was like an ice rink. SO difficult for conversation starters and realistically what does the future hold?? At what point will it not be a socially distanced walk in the park?! Bleak...
Honestly call me a slut but if I'm not wanting to tear your clothes off at the end of the first date, and at least getting a cheeky snog, there won't be a second. This is why I CBA in lockdown.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I can relate so hard to all these stories of ghosting! Its like the guys on the apps just want you for companionship/conversation but never actually want to meet in real life...

Anyway I do have a success story but i have a minor issue i could use advice on! So finally after 3.5 years single (didnt meet a single guy i really connected with this entire time and was on ALL THE APPS) I have finally met someone through work! We've been on a few dates now and everything is amazing but.... he struggles with performance anxiety in the bedroom haha! Has anyone dated someone who couldn't get it up before? Totally new to me but im sure its not too uncommon.. other than that we are the perfect match so hopefully it just sorts itself out anyway! We've only tried once but im kind of a sexual person so I could see it becoming hard (unfortunately not literally) soon....

But basically, dont give up hope! However i truly feel that for me, the apps do not work and u really can only rely on an in person connection.. I know, easier said than done!

Reactions: 3
Apps can be weird. I went on a tinder date last year (end of 2019 tbh) with this one guy- we had actually been forced to rearrange our date several times so we ended up messaging back and forth for a few weeks before we met up in person. From his pictures, I thought he was super hot and I was v into him.

Strangely, when we met up I didn't find myself nearly as attracted to him as i thought I'd be. It wasn't a catfish situation or that he looked different from his photos- but I just weirdly wasn't attracted to him in 3D. You don't really get a sense of someone's demeanour and body language etc over tinder. It just all fell quite flat lol and it felt like awkward between us - not much chemistry. Also, he'd sprayed himself with copious amounts of pungent aftershave or something which was kind of a turn-off lmao. Was a bit of a peculiar vibe given that we had chatted a fair bit beforehand - lesson learned. Don't do this too much as you'll only know if the chemistry is there until you meet in person.

Ughhhh I know! It's so so crap. Totally ruins the mood.

Apps can be weird. I went on a tinder date last year (end of 2019 tbh) with this one guy- we had actually been forced to rearrange our date several times so we ended up messaging back and forth for a few weeks before we met up in person. From his pictures, I thought he was super hot and I was v into him.

Strangely, when we met up I didn't find myself nearly as attracted to him as i thought I'd be. It wasn't a catfish situation or that he looked different from his photos- but I just weirdly wasn't attracted to him in 3D. You don't really get a sense of someone's demeanour and body language etc over tinder. It just all fell quite flat lol and it felt like awkward between us - not much chemistry. Also, he'd sprayed himself with copious amounts of pungent aftershave or something which was kind of a turn-off lmao. Was a bit of a peculiar vibe given that we had chatted a fair bit beforehand - lesson learned. Don't do this too much as you'll only know if the chemistry is there until you meet in person.
I agree with you. When I first started on the apps I fell into the trap of planning my whole life with someone based on their pictures and messages hahaha.

I mentioned earlier in the thread that I will concentrate on myself should the last guy I dated go to crap. Didn't last long. I'm back on the apps. It's all well and good being single when you can be social and see your friends, but being home alone 24/7 is sooo dull. Also, I do want to meet someone and I guess this is the only way to do it at the moment.

I'm sure I'll be back on here with more dating disasters and conundrums!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.