Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

petitspois

VIP Member
Yeah exactly, this is why I really liked her as she was normal and representing all of us, now it seems she is trying to fit in to the generic love island boring type. It's a shame really..
But she seems stuck in the days when she was last slim and single so is styling herself like it's 2003.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
I find the lovey dovey stuff with her current squeeze really tasteless. Regardless of whatever happened with her ex he is the father of her (very young) kids and I think she needs to remember them in this latest reel. To be clear, all the best to her and that guy but enough with the perpetual PDAs and love heart emojis.

I also have a sneaking suspicion her ex has put the kibosh on her using the kids on social media. Heaven knows I would.

thankyoudelia

Back when she was promoting the book, did anyone else feel like that wonky knob stuff was just a PR stunt? It just felt super fake and now every video she posted after that i can’t help thinking they’re all so forced and it makes me cringe!
It was definitely a stunt. Her agent is an absolute prick: a walking media stereotype who believes he’s the funniest and smartest man in any room. Which he’s not. A close family member had the grave misfortune to work with and be in the same room as him when he ‘jokingly’ referred to the Downs Syndrome child of a well-known actress and author as being a ‘mongoloid.’ He was the only person who laughed. The ‘bent knob’ stuff is definitely something he’d have formulated with Daisy as they’re so funny and us ordinary scrotes are not. Also, we vaguely know her publishers and they’re so sycophantic they’ve almost certainly filled Daisy’s head with all kinds of bollocks about being the Zeitgeist of English comedy, and up there with Phoebe Waller-Bridge and Michaela Cole when it comes to writing talent. There’s no way they were offended by the ‘bent knob’ rubbish then. It’s just a shame that Daisy seems to have her head completely turned by fame and this has suffocated any actual talent she has.

• Wow
  • Heart

BigMavis

VIP Member
Newsflash shes only funny when she's playing Kerry Mucklowe and she played her very well on her insta during lockdown. One trick pony I'm afraid. Ricky Gervais could probably write something amazing for her, I think even if they brought This Country back it would dive. Something has happened to her and she seems to be going through something, for that I'm sad.

AfroCircus

Chatty Member
I criticise people constantly on tattle so I'm not complaining about the takes on Daisy, this is just my opinion on it.

I don't know how long people have followed her but for me it was long before she blew up on Insta. She was always pretty open about not having much money and not getting roles even after the success of TC. You can look at her IMDB. She hasn't actually done that much considering she basically created a massive hit single-handedly.

DMC is in IMO an extremely talented actress. I don't just mean she's funny. She can say so much with a facial expression. Some of the bits with Kerry and her Dad are genuinely heartbreaking. So why didn't she get work after TC?

Okay, she was having kids. But we can't pretend we actresses aren't working expected to also be models, too. I actually suspect she got knocked back and that got to her. It wouldn't surprise me if she was told to lose weight. Maybe that's why she started playing up the complete opposite of that on Instagram - a bit of a fuck you.

Then that blew up and she realised she could make more money by being herself. The weight loss is probably stress of divorce but her 'enjoyment' of it is makes sense when you consider she has no doubt been rejected for roles due to her past weight.

As for her being a bit live laugh love. That IS her 🤣 You can say she's a bit chavvy, I'm sure she wouldn't mind 🤣 Did you miss literally all of the cultural references in TC? She is the way she is and has never hidden it.

anyway, JMO ☺

• Heart

WilmaHun

VIP Member
Did thatsinglemum really need to out her like that tho? I get that the word midget is offensive but we all know daisy would not have meant it in any way offensive. Nothing a dm and a private apology could have solved?!
I'm glad someone else has said this. I actually really felt sorry for Daisy, I don't think she meant it in any harmful way at all. Thatsinglemum went in on her, and set her followers on her too. She could have managed it far better by sending Daisy a DM explaining why she found it offensive, Daisy could have apologised and that be the end of it. Having looked at her account, thatsinglemum seems a bit of a professional moaner tbh.

Horatio

VIP Member
Please say y’all are following this whole sea captain saga where shes trolling this blatant scammer who dm’ed her and it’s so fucking funny. We all needed this , go check it out if you haven’t already.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30

petitspois

VIP Member
She just looks like a butch 90s throwback to me. One of those girls who would fight you in a heartbeat once they've had a few.

• Haha
She really reminds me of when Denise Royle had those bad hair extensions put in on one of the Christmas episodes of The Royle Family and called everybody 'Babez'. It's all just bizarre. The first lot of transformation photos I thought were another one if her jokes at first. If anyone has the book- please let me know what it's like because I'm still half tempted to buy it to see if any of the 'old' her is left in it. Sadly, I do think the majority of her comedy is her brother.

Even the sea captain, was funny at first but dragged out too long. Everything is dragged out too long - she doesn't know when to stop. I think Charlie must have reigned her in for This Country.

• Haha

GossipMongoose

VIP Member
AUDITION, not Auction :ROFLMAO:
I did wonder,😂

I think she looked pretty cute on the One show. She deserves a little fun if she's been tethered to a boring marriage throughout lockdown. I hope she keeps smashing life.
Sometimes marriage (or any ltr) and adult life *is* boring, that’s not a bad thing, life can’t be a white knuckle bodice-ripper 24/7, 365, forever. Plus, lockdown was hardly thrilling for any of us. I don’t wish her unhappiness at all but it‘s unrealistic to expect excitement every day. Not that we know that’s why they split, do we?

Last edited:
  • Heart

Venuslurker

Chatty Member
To me it seems like a working class woman who has gone from having no money to having shitloads combined with a cult social media following who is also going through a break up. It's not a great combo. I hope she's okay and has good support around her.

• Heart

FrannyGallops

VIP Member
I think she’s just going through a tough time. It’s hard not to post thirst pics after a break up and play out your mental state over social media (even if you think you’re not). I think there’s a good chance she’ll look back at this time in a few months and cringe herself inside out. She’s still the same person, but she’s probably finding herself again (wanky as it) that’s someone separate to being a wife and mother. She looks great, regardless. Maybe her styling could be updated a bit but I remember how hard it was to find my ‘look’ again after having kids.

Sprezza

VIP Member
Remember when she wore a bin bag to the Baftas to make a point about how silly it all was? Seems like a lifetime ago. Now she'd be there with her naff extensions and fake nails, cackling away to show just how FUNNY she is 🙄

Lanavalentine

VIP Member
I meant in the Instagram sense. She gained many followers from being anti-cool kid, ripping the piss etc but actually underneath she’s just desperate to be one of the cool kids!
It a textbook transformation.
And FYI I think this county, is the best thing since sliced bread 🤷🏼‍♀️

Also talent does not negate being a knob sometimes.
R Kelly had talent but he was also a massive peadalo!
Please tell me you’re not comparing Daisy having a bit of an identity crisis on Instagram to R Kelly and his abhorrent crimes against children. That is offensive beyond belief.

I still disagree that Daisy is anything like Rosie, even in the Instagram sense. I don’t see Daisy flogging shit via #ads or being a mummy blogger wannabe. She’s just doing some drunken thirst traps because she’s clearly going through a break up! Give the woman a break.

• Heart
Reactions: 29

Curlywurly85

She is literally unwatchable on NMTB seriously nothing is that funny and the desk banging, cackling etc it’s like she’s acting as a really odd character… looking to the future, she will I think regret all this and possibly regret ending her marriage 🤔
I really don’t think we will be seeing much of her for much longer, she’s been found out. If there is a second season of NMTB she will surely be cut, the feedback is damning, everywhere. I see Charlie is in Season Two of Stath Let’s Flats. I hope he continues to do well he’s so much more genuine and down to earth.

• Heart
Reactions: 29

Brummiebird

VIP Member
I thought it was satire.

A staged, promotional piece but also taking the piss of the absolute shite other influencers and celebs get paid to write books about.

She’s a genius and hysterically funny with it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 28