Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

hrh89

VIP Member
It’s not just the look though is it? It’s the weird drunk tiktoks, it’s the exaggerated Britney lipsyncs & ott posing. It’s not something she’s ever done before. That kinda behaviour is what I could get from most of the love island lot, not a comedy genius like you said.

She made a lot of women feel very accepted in their bodies, having a laugh and taking the piss at the same time.I thought she looked great before but this whole ego boost if you are a certain size is weird to me. Losing weight isn't always a positive thing.
but then on the flip side it’s like you’re saying she was only worthy as a relatable person because she was a little overweight and put herself online in her pjs? It’s almost like people now don’t like her because she lost weight and now doesn’t look “relatable”. The same comments were made with Adele’s weightloss. People shouldn’t stay that way to please others and be relatable.
You are right weightloss is not always positive BUT I want to see the positive in her posts and genuinely hope she is happy and confident

• Heart
Reactions: 25

littlepup

VIP Member
👏🏻 Was going to comment before but didn’t want to be accused of “denying her lived experience” or something. Found her “your large fan base don’t give a shit” and referring to Daisy as “she” just unnecessary. She’s a self-professed ranter and has a patreon so it goes with the territory I suppose (they’re usually cranks). Daisy was as lovely as ever, honest mistake.

More Boris videos please.
Indeed, thatsinglemum explained the term well and I understand her point but I then took it too far. She discredited herself. Saying Daisy used the term in a way to describe something ‘lesser’, well yes, less large. There was nothing to indicate she meant anything derogatory, she used the wrong word to say small imo. If we say small, little, tiny we’re describing something lesser, it’s not automatically negative unless you’re looking for it.
And then reposting people’s objections, some of which weren’t unreasonable with their names visible.
Struck me as someone who loves the drama & actively wanted to stir up the situation and keep it going.

Also, why do people put their pronouns in their bio?!

sheleg

VIP Member
She looks like a middle aged mum accompanying her gay son to his college awards night.

• Haha

LowCalCalzoneZone

VIP Member
Good luck to her, but I do hope she is ok. I like Daisy, but getting very famous very quickly, marriage, two young kids and then divorce in such a short space of time is A LOT for anyone to deal with, and she seems quite erratic

I do find her funny, but all that stuff with her publisher a few months back was very odd

• Heart
Reactions: 24

JellyWobbles

VIP Member
Interview in the times magazine if anyone is interested (screenshotted as it’s paywall)
Hoping it’s in the right order!

And part 2 here (again hoping they’re in the right order!)
I think she comes across immature and tbh really shitty thing to discuss her (ex) marriage and husband, to say you think it was never love but have two children together is really horrible imo. Just no need to publish that.

littlepup

VIP Member
. Her posts were funny and silly, than suddenly it was 'tag a sl*g in the comments'/ 'look how drunk I am' nonsense?!
I really disliked the whole referring to each other as slags and bitches. I’d expect it from older teens about 5-10 years ago but grown women, mothers of daughters, just doesn’t sit right. Maybe I’m getting old but it’s just not funny.
It was almost as though she full on regressed to being a ‘just discovered alcohol, just discovered boys’ teenager.

• Heart

Faloola72

I don't follow Daisy because I don't have Insta (she is someone I'd follow if I did) but I've seen her comedy shown and interviews she's done etc.
She always seems to come across well and is clearly very talented.

I'd be inclined to give this change a huge amount of acceptance and just go with it.
She's had two children in quite a short amount of time, we're still in the midst of the pandemic and she's apparently just split up with her husband. That's an awful lot to deal with. No wonder she's having a wobble.

I doubt she's just had a personality transplant, she'll get back to her usual self at some point.

I find it funny that people expect her to walk around looking like Kerry Mucklowe! We're all allowed to get glammed up! 😂

• Haha

mrsbucket

VIP Member
I've been searching for a DMC thread for ages. Not sure how I missed this one!

Like everyone else, I used to love her and I thought This Country was brilliant. But she started grating on me and I unfollowed around the 'ex boyfriends wonky knob' argument because I just found the whole exchange between her and her publisher chronically unfunny.

She comes across as one of those people who finds themselves funnier than they actually are. It's a shame because I like Charlie and even her Dad comes across as a lovely down to earth bloke.

• Heart

xxheidiandparisxx

So glad I found this thread! :ROFLMAO: I’ve been watching NMTB and have actually loved it so far but Jesus what the helllll is she doing man!!!! The laughing and slapping the table literally ruins the show!!!! Awkward that this started as a rave thread ………

• Haha

Lalalalaaaaaa85

VIP Member
I don’t find her funny at all.
The “wonky knob” business? It seems that ex boyfriend had a bent penis
I’m not sure why she thought any of us would be interested or find that amusing.
I take it that she doesn’t realise a bent penis is not uncommon? I’m sure she has a few physical flaws herself.
It’s one of those jokes that would have caused uproar had it been the other way around. A man ridiculing an ex gf for something like one boob bigger than the other for example.

It was all made up anyway so I guess that’s how she can justify it, no actual person was body shamed. However as you say bent knobs aren’t uncommon so it’s probably best not to add fuel to the fire of peoples insecurities.

no-no

VIP Member
Did thatsinglemum really need to out her like that tho? I get that the word midget is offensive but we all know daisy would not have meant it in any way offensive. Nothing a dm and a private apology could have solved?!
👏🏻 Was going to comment before but didn’t want to be accused of “denying her lived experience” or something. Found her “your large fan base don’t give a shit” and referring to Daisy as “she” just unnecessary. She’s a self-professed ranter and has a patreon so it goes with the territory I suppose (they’re usually cranks). Daisy was as lovely as ever, honest mistake.

More Boris videos please.

• Heart

Miss Havisham

VIP Member
I don’t find her funny at all.
The “wonky knob” business? It seems that ex boyfriend had a bent penis
I’m not sure why she thought any of us would be interested or find that amusing.
I take it that she doesn’t realise a bent penis is not uncommon? I’m sure she has a few physical flaws herself.

Reactions: 23

Alansbigplate

VIP Member
I don't think she came across well but appreciate her honesty. The hand tattoo is a corker. I feel a bit sorry for her husband as she makes out he was stifling her which all sounds a bit Lily Allen to me.

I see Charlie is in a new film out soon.
Saying publicly you never loved someone is 😖🫤

Happyvalley

VIP Member
Love Daisy but this all smacks of someone who has lost weight through the heartbreak/trauma diet and the clothing choices just come across as 90’s white eyeshadow, rimmel lipstick vibes. Seems to have lost her funny relatable side, hope she gets back to that soon.

LowCalCalzoneZone

VIP Member
It's just so strange how quickly she's changed. Lots of loved up pics with her husband and bigging up caravan parks for her holidays and now she's a completely different person. Half expecting her to delete everything off her insta and start again

Who knows what is going on with her marriage, but it struck how, if she was a bloke, this would look like a classic case of dumping the old partner as soon as you got rich and famous

Eh, whatever happens, I'll always love This Country :LOL: