Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Jaceydooley

I have a son with dwarfism, I find the word midget very offensive however some people don’t realise it causes offence. Once they are informed they realise and apologise. I love daisy, she literally lights up my life! I didn’t find her offensive as I know it would have been unintentional. She’s great

• Heart
Reactions: 40

ElectileDysfunction

Today's post parodying the likes of Molly Mae with their attention seeking phoney giveaways ("win this pile of empty Louis Vuitton boxes, you just have to follow my mate Dave who drives a Lamourghini and has a tiny dick") has cracked me up. Bravo Daisy, you are the hero instagram needs right now!

• Haha
Reactions: 40

megadots

To be honest I'm trying to cut some slack for her. She had two babies in the space of a few years, work slowed down during the pandemic and being herself was very relatable (who else can hold a pencil case under their boobies?!)
It seems she probably felt down in herself and decided to lose some weight (a personal choice I won't judge for) and the "look" she's going for now, I actually get why she's doing it - if you look at the photos of Daisy from years ago when she was slim, she looks the same style wise now except a few years older, it may be that she feels that look for her really boosts her confidence and makes her feel better than she's felt for a long time. I really can't knock her right now because I don't know what the pressure of fame feels like, but she's just landed buzzcocks which in itself is a big boost for her career. Maybe she's feeling the pressure? If so I understand why she's trying to "glam up" and to be fair she does look great, just maybe needs some advice on the 2015 makeup trend and wardrobe.
Still following her though as I'm holding out hope for some more funny sketches etc on her instagram like we got with sea captain, Bojo videos, what can your tits hold, etc etc

• Heart
Reactions: 39

Gembo

VIP Member
I’ve taken it as a joke and that there is actually no ex boyfriend like that, could be wrong but that was my take on it

Reactions: 38

urghmummybloggers

VIP Member
I miss the Daisy who didn't give a fuck about beauty standards and appearance.

I guess she secretly did give a fuck after all.
I miss that daisy - the one with greasy hair and pjs and who just felt normal, the one who showed funny interactions with her kids and sea captain. Now it’s all heavily posed heavy make up.

• Sad
Reactions: 37

flopsymopsy

VIP Member
She’s just not funny. I’m starting to think This Country was a blip and this is it.
im starting to think perhaps more credit needs to go to her brother than her. he seems so funny and I really rated his character in this country, I know he did a large amount of writing and production for the show

Reactions: 37

urghmummybloggers

VIP Member
she put up a post on Instagram about weight loss and used the word midget. Someone by the name of thatsinglemum called her out publicly and she took the post down and apologised.
TheSingleMum who’s offended by her own fucking door knocking went mad that she had taken a photo in a mirror and used the term midget. She really pushed for her to be cancelled and daisy just apologised. It was honestly so dramatic and uncalled for.

• Heart
Reactions: 36

Em_

VIP Member
She’s slowly morphing into a less intelligent Caroline Aherne.

I think being typecast as unattractive chav characters has had a psychological effect on her, leading her to tart herself up in the only way she knows how, circa 2001.
I don't think you can even compare her to Caroline Aherne. Caroline had talent, something Daisy doesn't seem to have.

• Heart

Spilttea

VIP Member
The legs are amazing . She is amazing full stop. The Sharon Mitchell from EastEnders look is not amazing. Someone needs to perform a style intervention.

• Haha

Fickledipped19

Chatty Member
Absolutely adore her, I love how she is so unapologetically herself, she comes across so down to earth, as do her dad & brother. I would love to come from that family (or at least go on the lash with them) This country is comedy gold, hope to see more of them all in the future

• Heart
Reactions: 35

influenzas

I hated the way thatsinglemum tried to encourage a witch hunt, esp with Daisy being a new mum and quite vocal about suffering with anxiety. Lo and behold we haven’t seen a single post or story from Daisy since this happened yet thatsinglemum has gained followers. Sadly v predictable and I hope Daisy is ok! I’m also pissed off as her posts were about the only funny thing happening through this pandemic. Meh.

Reactions: 35

Leahhutchinson

Chatty Member
I doubt there’s actually an ex 🤷🏼‍♀️
I agree with you. Everyone on here needs to lighten up its a joke for christ sake she's a comedian what do you expect?! 🤣 she loves winding people up but it seems the publishers are a 'real group group of serious people' 🤦‍♀️🤪

• Heart
Reactions: 34

sheleg

VIP Member
Thatsinglemum is absolutely toxic. Zero talent and charisma compared to Daisy. I've no time for the professionally offended, no matter their background.

Damn we should be hyping her up!
Why though? Why can't we express concern?

All that "true queens straighten each other's crowns" stuff is pure Facebook shite.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
I love this country (though find a lot of people don’t) and love daisy on insta but feel that something just doesn’t translate to when she’s a guest on tv shows, seems just ott without the funnies for some reason
She’s a storyteller. That’s why NMTB doesn’t work, and Instagram reels are too short a platform for her humour; which is why the long, ambling narrative of This Country worked PLUS the meandering nature of it really reflected the “nothingness” of where it was set.

I’ve got a lot of love for DMC, I really do but she has lost her way badly and seems to be forgetting all that she was loved for in the first place - relatability, warmth and compassionate humour: Kerry Mucklowe is a very sympathetic character and everyone knows one but DMC made her have depth and emotion: the story arc with her dad and the knockoff goods is a major example of this. And I know Charlie did the majority of the writing but she did a lot too.

I’m patiently waiting for the Cash Carraway dramatisation to come out because I think if that’s a success then perhaps she’ll believe in herself as a “serious (comic) actor” and lose all the dumb “hey slags” stuff and delete Instagram soonest.

(gosh I needed that)

• Heart
Reactions: 32

hrh89

VIP Member
Some of the comments on her Instagram are horrible. “You’ve changed” “we miss the old Daisy” “fame has gone to your head”. I genuinely think it’s so mean to say that to a woman who’s clearing finding herself again after a possible breakup. Damn we should be hyping her up! She looks fantastic (not that she didn’t before) and I genuinely hope she is happy because she’s an absolute legend, an amazing writer and actress. I honestly cannot wait for buzzcocks

• Heart
Reactions: 31