Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

coconut_escape

Thank you! Is it painful after the procedure? And does it take time for the results to show fully? As with my nose it took nearly 2 months for the full results as the swelling took that long to come down.

Also, the Chinese eyes comment is quite racist, because wtf is supposedly wrong with Chinese people’s eyes?
No not painful at all actually - felt a little tightness for a day or two with maybe a day of paracetamol. You have to sleep sitting up for around 2 weeks which isn’t great and the first few nights you sleep laying down you’re eyes will swell up massively. For me I would say around 6 months but he said my case was fairly excessive snd my scars never heal that well. They stayed pink for quite a long time but would have been easily covered up by make if needed. You can’t even see thrm now tho.
my tummy tuck and my eyes were the best things I could do for myself and don’t regret it one bit !!

• Heart
Reactions: 4

Georgia1970

Just that really. Have you had any cosmetic surgery or injectables/ non invasive cosmetic stuff? If not, would you?

I’ve never had cosmetic surgery myself but I’m not against the idea of getting some Botox or fillers when I’m older. I have also thought about getting a breast reduction one day.

I also find things like the injections Gemma Collins had to dissolve her chin fat kind of interesting - anyone had anything like that?
Had a breast reduction in my late 20s (I'm 52 now) best thing I ever did. Remember this was '97 before silicone, etc, so to get hold of a 32 HH bra was a no-no, I used to have them made (one in black and a white one), they were so big without a bra they'd tear, with a bra I'd chaff, absolute nightmare. My friends used to say I made Sam Fox look flat-chested! Had a great NHS surgeon, trialled scaring strips which still to this day if you didn't know you'd never see the scars and I went to a perfect 32B. Only downside - and I was told this at the time, was that by taking over a kilo from each breast it would eventually lead to sagging. I was 27, in my mind I was never getting 'old' and if I did I thought I wouldn't care what I looked like (the naivety of youth) anyway, as a size 8 my boobs do sag, more flesh than substance but I am thinking of having an uplift. Who'd of thought a women who couldn't wait to get rid of them now wants a bit of fullness.

Oh, also had a rhinoplasty at 18 due to it being broken in my teens (ironically from the school bully who was jealous of the attention I got from boys due to the size of my bust). Again, so pleased, I'd always had a button nose so no change in size, he just shaved off the lump and re-straightened it.

Last edited:

derbyshiregirl

I had a nose job about 8 years ago to remove the bump in my nose, it’s okay and now have a straighter nose but I think I would pick a different surgeon/be more specific in what I wanted next time. Most people didn’t even notice.

I have Botox and it’s brilliant, I had forehead lines even when my face was resting so I hated that. My mum said she noticed I looked ‘fresher’

I had fillers in my cheeks and chin, they were painful and expensive and noticed hardly any difference so wouldn’t bother again.

my husband is one of these people who hates these things but as I pointed out to him, you only notice the bad jobs, the stuff that is done well you will just think they look naturally attractive.

Unfortunately I do believe that you can only get away with going natural if you ARE naturally beautiful.

under the ivy

VIP Member
I’d have a nose job tomorrow if I had the money - i have a bump on my nose and I’ve been bullied for it and I hate my side profile 😐

I’m considering lip fillers but only 1ml. I’d also have Botox if I felt I needed it. I don’t judge anyone for doing things that make them feel confident or happy.

AlanBanan

VIP Member
Well that's the thing, people mostly notice enhancements that are badly done and don't even know people had something done if it looks natural, then think all procedures make people look bad. I remember there was a thread on reddit when a guy was extremely unhappy with his girlfriend because she got lip fillers. He said it looked horrible (it was just done and it was swollen) and said he doesn't find her attractive anymore. Eventually she admitted shes had fillers since before they met and he never realised.
No one notices I have fillers neither, you can genuinely only tell if they’re over filled or badly filled by an inexperienced person, as the filler begins to clump and migrate.

judgejohndeed

VIP Member
Nobody has noticed my lip filler or my microbladed eyebrows, except I often get complimented on both :LOL: never know whether to admit they're not all my own or just keep shtum to be honest! The whole point I would say of good cosmetics is to enhance what you already have, so that it's not really detectable. So it makes sense that people only ever notice 'bad' cosmetic stuff, but only noticing the rubbish stuff doesn't mean it's all bad. It means the good work is doing its job.

ElChanguito

VIP Member
There is a young lady I have followed on and off for about four years now. I don’t want to mention her name because I don’t want to affect her mental health in any way. She had severe cystic acne and has been left with very deep rolling scars all over her face, probably the worst I have seen tbh. She went on Accutane to kill off the acne, but this does leave your sebaceous glands basically dead, so her skin is now very dry. I noticed she was doing micro needling at home even back when the acne was active, absolutely crazy because it’s given her even more scars. She had a course of laser treatments, the more shallow type ones, and professional microneedling, also the thing where they cut through the scar tissue to loosen it, subcision I think it’s called. She got a lot of hype for herself on IG, everyone would tell her to do something different that would “get rid” of the scars, and she ended up having a fully ablative laser with a guy called Dr H Consult, who makes quite wild claims about his success with acne scar reduction, I believe he may have given her a discount for the IG exposure she got him. It was a very invasive, aggressive treatment with huge swelling, but this poor girl was convinced she would have near to perfect skin after the treatment. Anyway three years have passed and I just checked in on her and she now admits that this treatment did not achieve anything. I’m sorry to see that her scars are as bad as ever. She has also been left with broken veins all over her face and she had some lumps (blood clots?) under the skin, hopefully those have gone now though I’m not sure. She is still micro needling 😞 From memory I think she spent maybe as much as £20,000 on her skin. How sobering is that.

I have deep acne scars on my cheeks so I was really interested to see what her outcome would be, I would have considered having it done had her results been good. I have heard that laser treatments can leave you with grid patterned thermal burns that never fade, also anything that swells your skin is super bad and your skin may never recover from that. I have never microneedled and never would having seen what it’s done to her :( I feel my scars look a lot better for being well looked after with gentle skincare and left alone for the most part. Seems like the more you mess with them, the worse they get.

Just to note: Dr H has had a warning placed on his practice for substandard patient care. This is a comment I read about him: “In case anyone considers going to see this guy - don’t. He’s not a dermatologist or plastic surgeon. I had [Taylor Laser] and he ruined my face, the swelling never went down and I now have jowls and aged 10 years. Don’t do it.”

Last edited:
  • Sad

abeautifullife

I have tuberous breasts so I'd like to have a boob job and a lift (if needed). Maybe chin lip and chin implant or genioplasty.

Bubbledoggyyeah

Chatty Member
Had rhinoplasty in Turkey and it’s the best thing I’ve ever done! Some amazing surgeons over there and definitely worth looking into if anyone is interested
My biggest regret is not going to Turkey for mine. I had Turkey booked and then lockdowns happened and afterwards I think people had made me feel so worried about going to Turkey I decided to go with someone in the UK. People were so against it - literally telling me I’d die or I’d get botched by some Turkish surgeon.

I ended up spending £9k in the UK and Turkey was going to be just under £3. I got majorly botched over here and now I’m currently recovering from a revision a year later. Cast off next week… fingers crossed.

• Sad
  • Heart

Angel52

VIP Member
I’ve had filler and Botox
- lip filler
- lip flip
- cheek filler
- jaw filler
- chin filler
- masseter Botox (for teeth grinding, but it did really slim my face aha)

Reactions: 3

Notgonnalie

VIP Member
The only cosmetic procedure I’ve had done is porcelain veneers, they’re minimal prep on natural teeth and very thin veneers so they just cover the tooth but look amazing. Cost £5K but worth the confidence it’s give me I always hated my smile I had fillings in my front teeth and they always stained and looked terrible and the veneers don’t stain at all! Best investment I’ve made

• Heart

Polythene Pam

Chatty Member
I had a nose job when I was 25 and it was the best thing I've ever done. If I could go back in time I'd have it done at 18.

Gertrude

Chatty Member
I’ve always wanted to get my nose done, but too scared of the things that could go wrong.
Also really want laser eye surgery, but the procedure looks terrifying. I can’t even put contacts in.

Kim Mild

VIP Member
I would love a boob job sooo much. I've always been quite flat (32A up to now a 36B since having my little boy) and when he was in nicu I expressed and feel like it completely changed the shape and appearance of them. I would like to go up to D cup as I am pear shaped and feel it would balance my body out a lot.
Have you been on the Boob or bust website and measured using their method? A d cup isn't a size on it's own, it's relative to the rib cage. Perhaps you are already a d cup . Even if you still want your boobs done, a well fitting bra is always a good thing and is more flattering.

after loosing 12 stone I am in desperate need of skin removal hoping to have a fleur de lyiss tummy tuck first which is across hips and vertical to breasts. Hoping to combine that with uplift and breast implants. After that would be arm lift and really thighs need doing but it’s my tummy that bothers me most. I would love a teeny bit of Botox but I’ve honestly never seen a picture of someone with fillers and thought ‘that looks good’ so would never have them.it’s just all so expensive that’s main reason for not having it done already.
Well done for losing all that weight 12 stone is a real achievement you must be really proud.

• Heart

Bubbledoggyyeah

Chatty Member
Please can I ask for your feedback on the tear trough fillers? Are you happy with the results and what was the procedure like?
I’m really happy with them. It was virtually pain free, just a bit it a strange feeling and the different they’ve made is huge. I no longer have sunken areas under my eyes. Do your research though, and I would always only go with a register health practitioner. The lady I went to is also an anaesthetist so familiar with needles etc!

My treatment was £5K I saved up for it, I’d happily have saved more and paid it because you literally can’t put a price on the confidence it’s given me! I think most people would save or sacrifice something. Many places also offer finance options. I’ve never heard of anyone having hundreds of thousands of pounds worth of treatment lol
Exactly! My surgery is going to cost around 10k and I’ve just saved up for it. I feel like it will be so worth it. Along with a few fillers etc I’ll probably be spending 11k on my face this year but if I’m going to feel confident again, I can’t put a price on that.

• Heart

Jessy725

Has anyone here ever done anything for hooded/sagging eyelids? That's the one that really tempts me but unlike fillers, botox, breasts or noses - I can't say I've ever spoken to anyone who has had it addressed.
late reply but: I did! I had an endoscopic eyebrowlift 1,5 years ago (when I was 30). My eyes were very hooded, the weight of my eyelids was literally so heavy, I spoke to a surgeon and thought I just needed an eyelid correction. He told me straight away that the problem was my eyebrows. they were quite low under my brow bone so if would have done eyelid surgery, my eyes would become even more saggy and my brows even lower.

the eyebrow lift is still ones of the best decisions of my life! I feel and look more awake, reduced my headaches by alot. I was black and blue for atleast 3-4 weeks, swollen eyes and all, and my eyebrows were numb for about 6 months, so I could not move them. But there are no scars whatsoever.

Ss1471

So I’m booked in for my first ever Botox session tomorrow and filler for my marionette lines and nasolabial folds! Excited but nervous! Had a consultation and she said the marionette and nasolabial filler was the first thing she ever had done and it took years off her! Just cringing at the thought of needles in my face 😖