Cosmetic surgery/procedures - have you/would you?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just that really. Have you had any cosmetic surgery or injectables/ non invasive cosmetic stuff? If not, would you?

I’ve never had cosmetic surgery myself but I’m not against the idea of getting some Botox or fillers when I’m older. I have also thought about getting a breast reduction one day.

I also find things like the injections Gemma Collins had to dissolve her chin fat kind of interesting - anyone had anything like that?

Reactions: 2
As a man, not had any and don't plan on it, what you see is what you get.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I’m interested in it but not to the point of getting any myself. This may come off as catty, but I honestly haven’t seen any real-life Botox/fillers examples that look good.

A woman in her 50’s with fillers doesn’t look younger, she looks like a woman in her 50’s with fillers.

• Heart
Reactions: 51
I am 46 so at some stage might be tempted, I do know is someone who has subtle Botox and fillers and looks amazing. The salon is expensive but she looks refreshed rather than has had work done, if I get anything I will definitely be going there

Reactions: 5
I thought about under-the-chin liposuction to get my jawline back... then lost 2st last year, and hey-presto, it magically returned (along with my waistline).

But not quite to where I was at in my 20s, so I still do think on having filler, but then those great "before & after" pics I see, seem a little too good to be true, or just down to filler alone, and I worry about fecking myself up right royally with that tit.

I am still mulling it over, though.

Reactions: 8
I’ve had Botox cheeks lips and jaw filler, not a lot - I don’t have the alien look going on / people always say they didn’t think I had filler but I would love a BBL and my nose done too!!

Reactions: 6
I’d love a nose job but so scared of the pain
It sounds silly but I use to think that a nose job was simply the sanding down the cartilage on the bridge, which somehow remained scar-free when healed. Now I understand that the reason there’s no visible scars is because surgeons actually have to cut the septum and nostrils and go under the nose that way to then do the op. That in itself puts me off.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 13
I've made an appointment to get lip fillers & botox for the first time. I'm so excited 😸 it's my xmas gift to myself!
I'm going to get the botox in the 11s part of my foreheard.

I'm very interested in the injections to dissolve the fat around chin/jaw. I need to research it more. I've found 1 place near me that does it but tbh I don't get great vibes about the place & Idk way (it's different place to where I'm getting the lip filler & botox). So I'll research more and find another place that does it.

@Choco88 They can do a type of nose job but its filler into the nose to change the shape. It sounds way less painful then a regular nose job!!! And less expensive. Also you could get it dissolved if you hated it so that's kinda reassuring I think, but it's still a big decision.

Reactions: 3
I have tuberous breasts so I'd like to have a boob job and a lift (if needed). Maybe chin lip and chin implant or genioplasty.

Reactions: 4
I have an annoying vertical line above my nose that makes me look angry ... I would definitely consider getting botox to fill that.

As for fillers or lip injections, no way ... I've seen and heard too many horror stories.

I went to a clinic about a year ago to enquire about a 'refresh' package (thinking microdermabrasion or similar), just as a pick-me-up as a birthday present for and to myself. I am plump, so have a full face and very few tiny lines, and often when I meet new people they guess that I'm mid-30s, which is a lovely compliment (as I say though, I'm plump, and plump people do tend to look younger). Anyhoo, the consultant said I'd be more suited to an anti-aging package which comprised injectables, fillers, microdermabrasions and facials, for the princely sum of just over 1,100 GBP, spread out over 12 weeks, which I'd then have to repeat in 12 weeks' time. Um, no thanks!

I’ve had breast implants and uplift 9’years ago now. I lost 10.5 stone and totally lost my boobs and hated my body so i got the implants to make my body in proportion and no one aside my mum and my partner knows or has ever suspected. I am pleased with the results and have so far had no issues since and breastfed my son so no problems there either. Never regretted the decision.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
It sounds silly but I use to think that a nose job was simply the sanding down the cartilage on the bridge, which somehow remained scar-free when healed. Now I understand that the reason there’s no visible scars is because surgeons actually have to cut the septum and nostrils and go under the nose that way to then do the op. That in itself puts me off.
Can’t add to my original post so here’s a diagram.
752E7DDA-731E-4B32-AD57-93375D733339.jpeg

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
I’m interested in it but not to the point of getting any myself. This may come off as catty, but I honestly haven’t seen any real-life Botox/fillers examples that look good.

A woman in her 50’s with fillers doesn’t look younger, she looks like a woman in her 50’s with fillers.
I agree to an extent. I think subtle work on older women can look good, it is when they have clearly gone for the "glamour" look that it tends to go tits up. Even younger women who have gone for that particular look have aged themselves by anything from 5 to even 20 years I've seen in some cases. I am debating whether to get mine done, but only for a slight plumping effect. I have quite full lips and I am happy with their shape, however I am a smoker and entering my late 30s so I have lines. The only thing preventing me really from having them done is the fact whilst everybody I know who have had them done, they look amazing in their selfies and when they are in a more posed look but when things get a bit more candid and I've seen them in person with their natural emotive expressions rather than a pose I'd go as far as saying most look dreadful.

I wish I could have a tummy tuck or something similar if anyone can advise that isn't as costly! I was left with a terrible apron after having my one year old. It is literally saggy skin with fat inside that isnt "attached" to my abdomen that seems to not shift. I was in tears the other day because now as it has got colder and I'm wearing warmer clothes it is getting alot harder to keep infection away. It hangs over my pubic bone so it chafes where I shave. It is really unsightly as well as uncomfortable.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
I’ve had filler a few times in the last 4 years but not taken it to the point some of these influencers have! Ive only ever had 1ml and the last time I last it was around a year ago. Want to get them done again but with covid I’ll probably wait till next year.

I’m wary of Botox and filler in other areas of my face just coz I think once you start it’s something you want all the time, but in saying that I’d never say never!

I also had a boob job in my early 20s which I don’t regret at all!

I think if it helps someone feel better then go for it! As long as you do your research and think long and hard, go with a good doctor who won’t make you look ridiculous then each to their own.

Reactions: 1
I got my nose done (cosmetic) about 8 years ago - best decision I ever made and wish I had done it much sooner. Mine was "closed" surgery so no scarring. Wasn't cheap though but cost per year has been worth it so far :) xx

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I have a breast reduction/lift consultation next week and I’m also seriously considering getting my nose done but trying to focus on one thing at a time. I had 2 consultations for Botox in October and almost went ahead but I didn’t have a great gut feeling about either person so I’m still on the hunt but I know I will definitely have botox, not so sure about fillers though.

Reactions: 2
I got my nose done (cosmetic) about 8 years ago - best decision I ever made and wish I had done it much sooner. Mine was "closed" surgery so no scarring. Wasn't cheap though but cost per year has been worth it so far :) xx
Wow, what’s meant by closed?

what’s meant by closed?
It means they make the incisions inside nostrils instead of outside. The surgeon has to be quite skilled to do this I think as they're virtually doing the procedure blind (as opposed to dettaching at the nostrils and pulling your nose skin off and up over your forehead while the work on it openly).