Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

YellowLadybird

Chatty Member
Tattooed eyebrows - Why why why. Youd say something if they got a natural brow but these big thick black manly slugs across their forehead. They are going to look back at photos in a few years and dieeeee of shame
I've got microbladed eyebrows because I naturally had almost nothing and got fed up of them wearing off when I did it with makeup. They look very natural and I don't think anyone has clocked they're not 'real' unless I tell them.

The thing is, bad surgery is really obvious, but you don't realise how many people have had stuff that is done well because you can't necessarily clock it, so there's a bias towards thinking all surgical procedures are bad.

Reactions: 7
i’m booked in for a tummy tuck with lipo on my flanks at the end of this year, i’m so excited because i’ve wanted to do it for ages! 😊

ChloChlo

VIP Member
I’m interested in it but not to the point of getting any myself. This may come off as catty, but I honestly haven’t seen any real-life Botox/fillers examples that look good.

A woman in her 50’s with fillers doesn’t look younger, she looks like a woman in her 50’s with fillers.
I agree to an extent. I think subtle work on older women can look good, it is when they have clearly gone for the "glamour" look that it tends to go tits up. Even younger women who have gone for that particular look have aged themselves by anything from 5 to even 20 years I've seen in some cases. I am debating whether to get mine done, but only for a slight plumping effect. I have quite full lips and I am happy with their shape, however I am a smoker and entering my late 30s so I have lines. The only thing preventing me really from having them done is the fact whilst everybody I know who have had them done, they look amazing in their selfies and when they are in a more posed look but when things get a bit more candid and I've seen them in person with their natural emotive expressions rather than a pose I'd go as far as saying most look dreadful.

I wish I could have a tummy tuck or something similar if anyone can advise that isn't as costly! I was left with a terrible apron after having my one year old. It is literally saggy skin with fat inside that isnt "attached" to my abdomen that seems to not shift. I was in tears the other day because now as it has got colder and I'm wearing warmer clothes it is getting alot harder to keep infection away. It hangs over my pubic bone so it chafes where I shave. It is really unsightly as well as uncomfortable.

• Sad
  • Heart

AlanBanan

VIP Member
Sorry but talk about sweeping statement!! No one would know I’d had my eyes done but they just look fresher snd more normal now than they did and I most certainly don’t look Chinese or worse 🤷🏼‍♀️🙄

I’ve had upper bleph and have posted pics on here - happy to answer any questions 👍🏼
Thank you! Is it painful after the procedure? And does it take time for the results to show fully? As with my nose it took nearly 2 months for the full results as the swelling took that long to come down.

Also, the Chinese eyes comment is quite racist, because wtf is supposedly wrong with Chinese people’s eyes?

DanaScully

Chatty Member
I'd like breast implants but I don't want those ones that look like two beach balls under the skin. 🤢 I haven't looked into it but ideally I'd like them teardrop shaped and only one or two cup sizes larger. As natural as possible.

I'd also like liposuction on my stomach and I did consider fat transfer from stomach to breasts, but I worry about the fact you've got to maintain your weight that I'd just reabsorb the new boobs. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6

Henearne129

I’ve had Botox cheeks lips and jaw filler, not a lot - I don’t have the alien look going on / people always say they didn’t think I had filler but I would love a BBL and my nose done too!!

Mooordgirl

VIP Member
I had botox in my 11 lines and i adore it. I'm 33 but spent my teen years squinting instead of wearing my glasses 🙄 so it makes a huge difference. I love it

2020two

Chatty Member
like an earlier poster I have a tummy apron following a c-sec. This is despite being a healthy weight and having good core strength. I hate it but don’t like the idea of a big abdominal operation, don’t have the time for the down time afterwards and don’t have the money either. I’m 44 and have no wrinkles but have lost elasticity in my lower face, i have the nose to mouth trough on either side of my face. I got asked for ID recently when buying alcohol that’s because I was wearing a mask, had I not been I’d have looked my age. Anyways if I had money and time I’d consider procedures to deal with both areas of concern, does anyone have any experiences they can share?
Have you been investigated for muscle separation? I had c section twins in 2020 and have diastasis recti which is preventing me from shifting the postpartum baby shelf despite being thin again. I have been in physio for a few months, but I'm having a tummy tuck this year as I am so upset with my stomach. I have saved £6000 for the procedure thus far and I know it will be one of the most expensive things I ever buy myself (some places let you pay it off over 5 years). I am quite scared but also really excited to feel more me again.

I have spoke to countless tummy tuck surgeons - and my advice would be to ignore those who pour so much money into advertising e.g Mya or Harley Medical and look into whether NHS surgeons at your hospital do private procedures on the side (loads do) they don't advertise as their work speaks for itself. They prefer you are 100% sure you do not want another a child and you must be within 0.5 stone of your goal weight before you have surgery. I'll happily share more once I've had my surgery 😊

mochibean

VIP Member
Thank you! I'm having semi permanent eyeliner in 2 weeks.... I must be mad 🤣. Yeah the electrolysis is just a bit too stabby feeling especially around the nostril area!
Good luck! I hope it goes well, never had it but it sounds soo painful!!

UPDATE on my nose, I had it done yesterday! It didn't hurt at all, felt quite weird like the needle was pressing against my bone though. Wasn't as scary as I thought it'd be and the procedure itself only took 10 minutes. The bump in my nose is gone, and I got the tip lifted a tiny bit, it looks great and I'm so glad I did it.

mochibean

VIP Member
I'd like to look better & improve a few things lol but cosmetic surgery isn't the route for me because I've never seen a person that looks good with cosmetic surgery.

Breast implants look ridiculous on skinny people. They look like 2 melons on a skeleton.

Bum implants look like they have a big square "lazy arse" from sitting down all day

Facelifts give them chinese eyes, a stretched mouth and scars around their hairline & ears Nothing wrong with chinese eyes, but it wasnt their aim

Lipfillers - the worst. I've never seen a person with lipfillers that looks good but their convinced they look gorgeous, luscious & juicy lipped. It just looks ugly in my opinion. The filler goes above the lip outline. They all end up with sores & dry scabbiness or bumps after a while. Any guy i have ever spoke to about it says they absolutely hate lip fillers on women. A lot have said it looks like their trashy, cheap & easy even if the girl is nice. I get what they mean tho.

Tattooed eyebrows - Why why why. Youd say something if they got a natural brow but these big thick black manly slugs across their forehead. They are going to look back at photos in a few years and dieeeee of shame

Seen so many people get cosmetic procedures and ruin their face and actually made themselves look worse unfortunately. And most i know have regretted it. I think the money would be better spent on therapy learning to love & accept themselves. But im not against corrective surgery, after an accident or something.
Yikes. Let people do what they want. If they like it why do you care?
Also I have lip fillers and tbh no one even noticed, I like it and don't do it for anyone but myself idgaf if men like it or not. It's not to please them.

soph30

VIP Member
My lips are fine but I've just seen a shot of me with two women who both have lip fillers and my lips really stand out as thin when they're pretty full :) You can tell how Instagram pressure and Instagram face happens..

Reactions: 5

VIP Member
As a man, not had any and don't plan on it, what you see is what you get.

• Heart

Libbylulu

VIP Member
I had very natural filler in my chin and a very small amount near my jaw and am delighted. Since I had it done I’ve had a lot of comments on how ‘well’ I look. It’s just enough to notice something different but not sure what. I was nervous because sometimes it can look ghastly.

eSsExBiRd

VIP Member
I'd like to look better & improve a few things lol but cosmetic surgery isn't the route for me because I've never seen a person that looks good with cosmetic surgery.

Breast implants look ridiculous on skinny people. They look like 2 melons on a skeleton.

Bum implants look like they have a big square "lazy arse" from sitting down all day

Facelifts give them chinese eyes, a stretched mouth and scars around their hairline & ears Nothing wrong with chinese eyes, but it wasnt their aim

Lipfillers - the worst. I've never seen a person with lipfillers that looks good but their convinced they look gorgeous, luscious & juicy lipped. It just looks ugly in my opinion. The filler goes above the lip outline. They all end up with sores & dry scabbiness or bumps after a while. Any guy i have ever spoke to about it says they absolutely hate lip fillers on women. A lot have said it looks like their trashy, cheap & easy even if the girl is nice. I get what they mean tho.

Seen so many people get cosmetic procedures and ruin their face and actually made themselves look worse unfortunately. And most i know have regretted it. I think the money would be better spent on therapy learning to love & accept themselves. But im not against corrective surgery, after an accident or something.
I don’t want to out myself by putting my lip filer before and after up but I can assure you that they looked nothing like what you say they do.
My top lip is wonky and thin, plus as an ex smoker I had some awful lines. Now they look a million times better and those who know I’ve had filers have commented that they wouldn’t even know if I hadn’t told them. My girl is amazing though and not cheap, she won’t overfil and has an amazing reputation. I’d rather give her my hard earned cash than talk it over with a therapist 😂

Last edited:

Ravenclaw24

There's nothing wrong *morally* with cosmetic surgery, only that you'll look stupid if you overdo it. Having said that, I feel like we're all turning into perfection-obsessed lookalikes who are forgetting what it is to just be human. Yeah we all have flaws but we are individuals and honestly so much more than our looks. I kind of get the feeling we're all going to end up looking like KarJenners and any individual uniqueness will be lost. Imagine a few generations from now, kids looking at photos and realising everyone looks the same/very similar. XD also don't really understand the obsession with bee stung lips.

Happy35

I am 46 so at some stage might be tempted, I do know is someone who has subtle Botox and fillers and looks amazing. The salon is expensive but she looks refreshed rather than has had work done, if I get anything I will definitely be going there

chichi100

I think if you find a surgeon who does ultrasound at same time as BBL you'll be okay. It's safer than other methods as they can see where the fat is when they're removing or putting it back in.

Has anyone here had composite bonding on their teeth as an alternative to veneers? Heard good and bad. It can stain easily and needs polished often as it goes dull and matte and unnatural looking
---
Anyone had a thread lift on their body? I had some around my bellybutton and above the knees but not impressed with the results so far (2 months on)
I had composite bonding 2 years ago and had no problem with staining. And i drink ridiculous amounts of tea and coffee. The actual bonding shouldn’t stain at all. The problem is people get bright white bonding and then their natural teeth stain and the bonding doesn’t look right. But so far I’m really happy with the results would definitely recommend it

Reactions: 4

liliUk

• Haha

JuneJuneHannah

VIP Member
I had my first ever cosmetic treatment today. I have been struggling with my double chin and it has really been getting me down.

I've had Cincelar+ injections for fat dissolving. I also have some massage techniques to try before my next session in 4 weeks time to help reduce any fluid. Hopefully I will only require 2 or 3 treatments. Wasn't painful at all but I am expecting to swell and bruise in the coming days.