Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Ss1471

So I’m booked in for my first ever Botox session tomorrow and filler for my marionette lines and nasolabial folds! Excited but nervous! Had a consultation and she said the marionette and nasolabial filler was the first thing she ever had done and it took years off her! Just cringing at the thought of needles in my face 😖

Reactions: 3

No style rocky

Have you been investigated for muscle separation? I had c section twins in 2020 and have diastasis recti which is preventing me from shifting the postpartum baby shelf despite being thin again. I have been in physio for a few months, but I'm having a tummy tuck this year as I am so upset with my stomach. I have saved £6000 for the procedure thus far and I know it will be one of the most expensive things I ever buy myself (some places let you pay it off over 5 years). I am quite scared but also really excited to feel more me again.

I have spoke to countless tummy tuck surgeons - and my advice would be to ignore those who pour so much money into advertising e.g Mya or Harley Medical and look into whether NHS surgeons at your hospital do private procedures on the side (loads do) they don't advertise as their work speaks for itself. They prefer you are 100% sure you do not want another a child and you must be within 0.5 stone of your goal weight before you have surgery. I'll happily share more once I've had my surgery 😊
Like you I hate my tummy. I think i may have muscle separation but never had that investigated. Has the physio helped you? would love to hear more about your story once you’ve had the op. I think there are many people who have a tummy shelf/apron but very few people talk about it so thanks for sharing your comments. Best wishes for your surgery 😀

coconut_escape

i would love a blepharoplasty! would love to hear how everyone’s went as i don’t know anyone who’s had one! i was thinking of having the laser thing that leaves you with dotty scabs but i think i’d just rather go for the surgery. i’m thinking of booking a ba with the new birkdale clinic so may as well enquire for both
Mine was really straightforward even tho he did take a lot off. No pain and very little bruising. He did have to take the incisions quite far out to get the best result and due to my rubbish healing I did have pink lines for about 6 months but nothing visible now as they sit in my crows feet. I do have some good before and afters but I’ll have to see if I can edit them to literally just show my eyes

maharini

Mate of mine had a simple tummy tuck in Turkey. It got infected, she was very ill and had to have it fixed privately in the UK -!the NHS wouldn’t treat her (quite rightly, I think). Recovery cost a fortune, so be aware. Fine if all goes well, a bit of a ‘mare if things go wrong.

Happy35

Is micro needling any good for the skin? anyone tried it. Megan Good gets it done, she's in her forties but looks 20's so I'm guessing its good
My friend had it done and it made a huge difference, she had 6 treatments and her skin looked amazing. I am in my late 40s but have been fortunate as my skin is only now showing the first fine lines so this is definitely on my list of things to do in the next year or so

Boredofthegram

VIP Member
Im thinking of this. I've lost a stone this year and typically its gone off my boobs. I've got that empty bit at the top of my cup thing going on and I hate it. I don't want to go bigger, I just want them to look less sorry for themselves. Do you have to replace them after a while? How long was the recovery?
I had under the muscle ones which can be more painful in recovery but I found it to be ok. It was pre kids so I only had to look after myself but it felt like a bad pulled muscle really and aside from not being able to lift things I was fine bumbling around the house. I was back to work after a week (I took a weeks holiday and when I was back to the office no one knew or guessed I’d had surgery).
As for replacement, you may need to - depends on how they look/feel or if there are any complications. So far mine are fine and coming up to 9 years old. I’ve had mammograms to check and they are happy the implants are intact and fine so who knows if/when they’d need replacing but you’d need to factor in that as a possibility when going for it as it could be a future cost to think of. They survived a greedy boy feeding off them without looking any different so that’s a good sign 😂 I did research it for a while and picked a good surgeon who wasn’t the cheapest around.

• Heart

Veilside

Chatty Member
Who's had their boobs done?

Now I'm in my 40s I'm seriously considering getting an uplift and implants to restore them to their former glory. I have always had decent boobs but the older I'm getting, I don't like what I am seeing. I've no idea where to start looking for a decent surgeon though. I'm in the UK South Wales area
I had mine done in 2011, 375cc under the muscle went from an A cup to a DD. Loved them, but then I put on a bit of weight and my boobs got bigger! Last couple years I had kinda fell out of love with them, felt they were too heavy still even though I had lost the weight I put on they just felt too big still. Didn’t feel comfortable in certain tops, if I wore a blouse it pretty much hanged from my boobs so made me look bigger and like I was wearing a sack. In January I found out that the implants I had were recalled back in 2019, was not told this by Nuffield who I went with, found out from a friend who had researched it. So in April I ended up going back to Nuffield and paying double the cost of having them out in for removal and uplift. I could’ve had them removed for free if I went with the NHS but I knew I could be waiting months if not years, so private was the best option as I found out just after my son was diagnosed with cancer and having recalled implants inside me made my anxiety go through the roof. So they were out within 4wks of seeing my surgeon.
Having them removed was the best decision ever, I would’ve done it eventually even if they weren’t recalled I think, I don’t miss them at all.

• Heart

coconut_escape

I'd like to look better & improve a few things lol but cosmetic surgery isn't the route for me because I've never seen a person that looks good with cosmetic surgery.

Breast implants look ridiculous on skinny people. They look like 2 melons on a skeleton.

Bum implants look like they have a big square "lazy arse" from sitting down all day

Facelifts give them chinese eyes, a stretched mouth and scars around their hairline & ears Nothing wrong with chinese eyes, but it wasnt their aim

Lipfillers - the worst. I've never seen a person with lipfillers that looks good but their convinced they look gorgeous, luscious & juicy lipped. It just looks ugly in my opinion. The filler goes above the lip outline. They all end up with sores & dry scabbiness or bumps after a while. Any guy i have ever spoke to about it says they absolutely hate lip fillers on women. A lot have said it looks like their trashy, cheap & easy even if the girl is nice. I get what they mean tho.

Tattooed eyebrows - Why why why. Youd say something if they got a natural brow but these big thick black manly slugs across their forehead. They are going to look back at photos in a few years and dieeeee of shame

Seen so many people get cosmetic procedures and ruin their face and actually made themselves look worse unfortunately. And most i know have regretted it. I think the money would be better spent on therapy learning to love & accept themselves. But im not against corrective surgery, after an accident or something.
Sorry but talk about sweeping statement!! No one would know I’d had my eyes done but they just look fresher snd more normal now than they did and I most certainly don’t look Chinese or worse 🤷🏼‍♀️🙄

I have lip fillers and a minor nose job to fix the kink in my nose. It was not a full nose job it was more to fix a small issue.

I wanted a boob job when younger, but I actually like being flat chested.

Before Covid hit I was doing research on getting a blepharoplasty to even out my eyes as one eyelid is raised higher than the other. So if I end up getting the procedure, I’ll tell you how it went.
I’ve had upper bleph and have posted pics on here - happy to answer any questions 👍🏼

• Heart

Boredofthegram

VIP Member
how was the scarring after? I really want a lift after losing weight but I really worry about the anchor scarring
I’m really fair skinned so I had red scarring for a few months but I used baby oil or cocoa butter religiously to moisturise once I’d healed and they faded away gradually to pink then silvery and now years on you can’t see them unless in a certain light.

Keikochan

VIP Member
I've made an appointment to get lip fillers & botox for the first time. I'm so excited 😸 it's my xmas gift to myself!
I'm going to get the botox in the 11s part of my foreheard.

I'm very interested in the injections to dissolve the fat around chin/jaw. I need to research it more. I've found 1 place near me that does it but tbh I don't get great vibes about the place & Idk way (it's different place to where I'm getting the lip filler & botox). So I'll research more and find another place that does it.

@Choco88 They can do a type of nose job but its filler into the nose to change the shape. It sounds way less painful then a regular nose job!!! And less expensive. Also you could get it dissolved if you hated it so that's kinda reassuring I think, but it's still a big decision.

Rags2Riches

VIP Member
Far too much surgery to list. I met a friends friend and we got talking about the subject, showed her an old photo of me with someone else and she genuinely couldn’t tell which one I was.

I do look very normal btw. In comparison my UK nose job was bad (not botched) - thanks Harley Medical Group. The one I had in Turkey I’m in love with, my surgeon Is an incredible man.

Not bugging up Turkey as I’m kind of traumatised from certain aspects of it, but my doctor and result were good.

• Heart

Platypusfattypus

VIP Member
I had under the muscle ones which can be more painful in recovery but I found it to be ok. It was pre kids so I only had to look after myself but it felt like a bad pulled muscle really and aside from not being able to lift things I was fine bumbling around the house. I was back to work after a week (I took a weeks holiday and when I was back to the office no one knew or guessed I’d had surgery).
As for replacement, you may need to - depends on how they look/feel or if there are any complications. So far mine are fine and coming up to 9 years old. I’ve had mammograms to check and they are happy the implants are intact and fine so who knows if/when they’d need replacing but you’d need to factor in that as a possibility when going for it as it could be a future cost to think of. They survived a greedy boy feeding off them without looking any different so that’s a good sign 😂 I did research it for a while and picked a good surgeon who wasn’t the cheapest around.
Ah I'm so tempted. I'm worried about getting the time off work, my job is physical and you need permission to get more then 2 weeks off. But I'd love my boobs to look like they used to. I might get a tummy tuck too, get rid of my mum tum after three kids 😂

grumpy-nosy-cow

VIP Member
I had my boobs done at 18, then got them done again at 26. It was the best thing I’ve ever done, I was so flat chested and so self conscious as a teenager. I went to a C the first time then a DD second time - the second ones are partially under the muscle too, which means they have that natural “drop” of real boobs but they’re also still full at the top. I’ll probably have them done again once I’ve had children.

I’ve had Botox in my face but also under my arms to try and control excessive sweating (hyperhidrosis). That didn’t work, so it felt like a waste of money. I saw on another thread recently about a laser treatment that stops it permanently which is something I’d love to get done.

I’ve also had some moles removed by my doctor, ones that would usually be hidden but I just didn’t like. I have a few on my face that I’d love to have removed but have been told it’d leave quite big scars, so for now I’ve left them as they are.
i had a raised facial mole removed in the summer..i was quite worried that the scarring would be bad but i have to say i have a small red mark thats barely noticeable. The consultant I saw gave me petroleum jelly to put on it ..apparantly it quite a recent change to aftercare and stops wound scabbing over so prevents some of the scarring.

lemonlime

VIP Member
I definitely have a few things I would love to get fixed but I'm worried that once I start I'll keep getting upset about other things and I'll never be satisfied. I've also never had an operation before and I'm scared of it and I'm also worried that once I bite the bullet and get a permanent cosmetic procedure done and if I'm not happy with the result, it'll be a huge waste and more things to fix. Siiigh.

HumphreyB

VIP Member
I did a consult years ago for lipo on my tummy but the surgeon said he didnt think my skin was suitable and recommended a tummy tuck. Financially it was too much plus my husband worked away a lot so support wise I couldn't have managed it. I honestly didnt think my stomach was bad enough. I did mull over it but feel its too extreme for me. The wrinkles around the belly botton dont phase me at all. Its just the love handle fat and then just below my belly button I have a little pouch of fat. No matter how clean my diet is, how much I work out it never goes . Its totally out of portion to my body overall.
I've reached out to another clinic to arrange a consult for another opinion but feel I need to make a call once and for all. Hoping for a finance option.

eSsExBiRd

VIP Member
Lip filers! Not huge trout pout but subtle and 💯 will carry on doing. My lips now don’t disappear when I smile 😃

The Devils Arse

VIP Member
Haven't had anything done but I'd like to have my eyelid skin reduced. I hate having hooded eyes

Oohh me too! I keep looking at this procedure but I've just had a fair bit of work done and more planned as a result of loads of loose skin after weight loss.

I have also been looking at thread lifts, but ive heard that the results only last a few weeks so it isn't worth it.

I wish there was a small procedure which just lifted the skin slightly at the temple, to take away some of the hood and even up my downturned eyes.