Cosmetic surgery/procedures - have you/would you?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Boob lift, tiny bit of lip filler, tummy tuck. Never considered botox before until this week actually 😆

The only cosmetic procedure I’ve had done is porcelain veneers, they’re minimal prep on natural teeth and very thin veneers so they just cover the tooth but look amazing. Cost £5K but worth the confidence it’s give me I always hated my smile I had fillings in my front teeth and they always stained and looked terrible and the veneers don’t stain at all! Best investment I’ve made

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Really want my lips done, my teeth too. Ideally my teeth first as they can change your face/mouth.

I’d have a tummy tuck too, but after children otherwise it’s pointless.

I’m about to have a nose job in 6 weeks! I’ve wanted it for 15 years so I’m very excited. I have also have a strange fold of skin on my right eye which I’m having removed at the same time.
I currently have tear trough fillers and will get my cheeks done soon too. Also going to get my eyes lasered and teeth whitened soon. It’s the year for change!

The only cosmetic procedure I’ve had done is porcelain veneers, they’re minimal prep on natural teeth and very thin veneers so they just cover the tooth but look amazing. Cost £5K but worth the confidence it’s give me I always hated my smile I had fillings in my front teeth and they always stained and looked terrible and the veneers don’t stain at all! Best investment I’ve made
Who did you get them done with, if you don't mind sharing?

Reactions: 1
I had 20 teeth capped about 2.5 years ago and love them, made such a difference with smiling and general confidence and husband had his done the following year as I was so pleased with mine. I had them done in India and they cost just under £3.000 and had no problems having them done there as the dentist also works in Birmingham for 6 months of the year.
Would love something to sort out all the old age lines on my face, when I lost weight my face changed with lots of wrinkles, but now taking medication which will stop me. Also have had microblading done for about 5 years but unfortunately that has had to go due to same medication (blood thinners)

Reactions: 2
Who did you get them done with, if you don't mind sharing?
I got them done with my own dentist privately in the U.K., (I don’t want to name the exact place as I live in a really small town and I don’t want to out myself haha) I love that they just look like natural teeth too I didn’t want a Simon cowell look I just wanted my own teeth looking nicer brighter and fuller! Most dentists who do private work offer them and if it’s out of your price bracket there’s cheaper ones which are called composite veneers - made of the material they use for white fillings and they look amazing too but they are more porous so they’ll stain easier which was a big no for me because I love eating curry’s and all the things that stain your teeth so I know if I had of got them I’d be in every couple of months for a clean lol!

it was really quick too, done over 2 appointments. First appointment was prep to take photographs measure my smile, bite etc, file a very thin layer off my teeth so that the veneers slot on without looking too big for my mouth, and then take moulds of my teeth,then they put on temporary veneers while they make yours in the lab! This Only took about an hour for the first appt. the second appointment they have all the veneers made so they just take off the temporary ones and put on your final ones and boom your smile is done!

my dentist said looking after them and going to my check ups as normal they should stay in place for 15-20 years and then they’ll probably need replaced.

Do people mostly save up for this? Or was it already affordable?

I’m always baffled when you read stories about people who have had hundreds of thousands of pounds worth of procedures done - how do they afford it?!

I’m always baffled when you read stories about people who have had hundreds of thousands of pounds worth of procedures done - how do they afford it?!
Hundreds of thousands of pounds? That seems extreme.

These are the likes of celebs that have that much done and they probably get freebies, cheaper prices or like some don't pay their bill. It does depend on your priorities do you want to have a holiday or a procedure, which is the most important to you.

I’m about to have a nose job in 6 weeks! I’ve wanted it for 15 years so I’m very excited. I have also have a strange fold of skin on my right eye which I’m having removed at the same time.
I currently have tear trough fillers and will get my cheeks done soon too. Also going to get my eyes lasered and teeth whitened soon. It’s the year for change!
Please can I ask for your feedback on the tear trough fillers? Are you happy with the results and what was the procedure like?

My treatment was £5K I saved up for it, I’d happily have saved more and paid it because you literally can’t put a price on the confidence it’s given me! I think most people would save or sacrifice something. Many places also offer finance options. I’ve never heard of anyone having hundreds of thousands of pounds worth of treatment lol

I just paid for it but most places offer finance if you need it.

Please can I ask for your feedback on the tear trough fillers? Are you happy with the results and what was the procedure like?
I’m really happy with them. It was virtually pain free, just a bit it a strange feeling and the different they’ve made is huge. I no longer have sunken areas under my eyes. Do your research though, and I would always only go with a register health practitioner. The lady I went to is also an anaesthetist so familiar with needles etc!

My treatment was £5K I saved up for it, I’d happily have saved more and paid it because you literally can’t put a price on the confidence it’s given me! I think most people would save or sacrifice something. Many places also offer finance options. I’ve never heard of anyone having hundreds of thousands of pounds worth of treatment lol
Exactly! My surgery is going to cost around 10k and I’ve just saved up for it. I feel like it will be so worth it. Along with a few fillers etc I’ll probably be spending 11k on my face this year but if I’m going to feel confident again, I can’t put a price on that.

• Heart
Re: spending hundreds of thousands : Sorry I should have clarified - I did mean sort of z-list celebs who seem to have lots of procedures, or people who go to extremes.

My rhinoplasty cost my 2500€ in Turkey and I could not be happier! I saved for this and put money to the each month and honestly it’s been worth every penny.

after loosing 12 stone I am in desperate need of skin removal hoping to have a fleur de lyiss tummy tuck first which is across hips and vertical to breasts. Hoping to combine that with uplift and breast implants. After that would be arm lift and really thighs need doing but it’s my tummy that bothers me most. I would love a teeny bit of Botox but I’ve honestly never seen a picture of someone with fillers and thought ‘that looks good’ so would never have them.it’s just all so expensive that’s main reason for not having it done already.
Well done for losing all that weight 12 stone is a real achievement you must be really proud.

• Heart
I have 6 porcelain veneers. First has them done free on NHS when I was 17, as I had brown marks on my teeth due to too much fluoride. Had to have them all replaced about 11 years later which cost me about £3,000. Still have the same veneers another 11 years on, except for the middle two which I had to have replaced in the last 6 years at a cost of about £600 per tooth.
I can’t say I regret them, as they have improved my smile massively, but they are very expensive and you never know when they could get damaged, leading to an expensive bill. I would only recommend them to someone whose smile can’t be improved by braces or whitening. My teeth couldn’t be whitened, which is why I went down the veneers route.

I have 6 porcelain veneers. First has them done free on NHS when I was 17, as I had brown marks on my teeth due to too much fluoride. Had to have them all replaced about 11 years later which cost me about £3,000. Still have the same veneers another 11 years on, except for the middle two which I had to have replaced in the last 6 years at a cost of about £600 per tooth.
I can’t say I regret them, as they have improved my smile massively, but they are very expensive and you never know when they could get damaged, leading to an expensive bill. I would only recommend them to someone whose smile can’t be improved by braces or whitening. My teeth couldn’t be whitened, which is why I went down the veneers route.
I agree I think it’s the same for any cosmetic treatment you should only really do it as a final option and after carefully seeing if it has potential to cost more in the long term too